Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Rebuilding this team

If Janice doesn't OK (Which she probably wont) then Watt will be here and the Texans org will fall even further into the abyss. This is actually what I expect to happen.

If a well run org like the 49ers can trade Montana/Rice and the Cowboys can l go of Emmitt then Watt should be on the table too.
If JJ went directly to Mrs. McNair to ask I think she would grant it.

If JJ went directly to Mrs. McNair to ask I think she would grant it.

Of course she would.

Seeing they've got Pancakes on the search committee they will do whatever gives them the most positive PR.

On a side note, how objective do you think Pancakes will be in his reporting of how the new HC is doing since he will have been on the search committee that hired the new HC? Gotta give Cletus this, he sure knows how to control the media. He's learned well from his daddy.

Of course she would.

Seeing they've got Pancakes on the search committee they will do whatever gives them the most positive PR.

On a side note, how objective do you think Pancakes will be in his reporting of how the new HC is doing since he will have been on the search committee that hired the new HC? Gotta give Cletus this, he sure knows how to control the media. He's learned well from his daddy.
if you think McClain has any input...

if you heard his after game interview, I didn't hear him declaring where he wants to be but if I were to guess it ain't on this roster. Dude wanted to power slam somebody.

I would wanna power slam somebody too if I just got my ass whipped like that....especially if my side of the ball was the main reason for that ass kicking and been the main drag on this team since the season started.

I would wanna power slam somebody too if I just got my ass whipped like that....especially if my side of the ball was the main reason for that ass kicking and been the main drag on this team since the season started.
DC Weaver reportedly told his players not to be name calling. IMO, Weaver should be name calling those who continue to tackle high, shoulder-block tackle, leave their assignments, not know their assignments, etc. Weaver should be getting excuses ready for interviews with high school programs: "no I can't run a defense but hey, I was in the Show!". Tim Kelly should ask Weaver to provide Kelly a copy of his excuses.

Also, why would we trade Watson? He and Tunsil are the whole draw to this org right now
trading Tunsil would get you a first round for another dire need position and a second should bring a left tackle such as Sam Cosmi U of TX or Notre Dame Eichenberg. Also dumping cap space is huge plus.

trading Tunsil would get you a first round for another dire need position and a second should bring a left tackle such as Sam Cosmi U of TX or Notre Dame Eichenberg. Also dumping cap space is huge plus.

Lol those players might be gone before we come up. If the Texans trade Tunsil, you probably land a low first round pick. Something like 25th.

Lol those players might be gone before we come up. If the Texans trade Tunsil, you probably land a low first round pick. Something like 25th.
My posts stands..a late 1st would bring a player for another position . There are a few LTs who are projected to be late round 2 picks. Penne Sewell is only top 5 LT with Alabama's Alex Leatherwood is projected as second LT in the range you mentioned. He is definitely worth that pick but I think Walker Little and Eichenberg as well as some others will be available round two.
Also my comments also include a high second round from Cleveland.

This has been confirmed by multiple sauces within the organization.
I'm not saying he isn't listed just no one listening unless he's agreeing to what others want. I think he is watching Easter and thinking he McClain could get a chocolate bunny.

5th and 6th rd picks can turn into 3rd rd picks with the right gm. You also have to gauge the compensation for players lost in free agency. That said, here is what I would do. Trade high salary, limited producing vets for late draft capital. If Griffin just went for a 6th with his production and contract, Merci is only going to get you similar capital. If you can get a 4 or 5 for Stills, you do it. Keep Fuller unless you can get a 3. Get anything you can for Cobb and Fells. Keep JJ unless you can get a 2nd rd pick. The Texans don't owe him a trade to a contender. If they get better players with JJ,he can play for another 4 yrs or so.if they do none of this, I'm fine that the newer can make the call.

5th and 6th rd picks can turn into 3rd rd picks with the right gm. You also have to gauge the compensation for players lost in free agency. That said, here is what I would do. Trade high salary, limited producing vets for late draft capital. If Griffin just went for a 6th with his production and contract, Merci is only going to get you similar capital. If you can get a 4 or 5 for Stills, you do it. Keep Fuller unless you can get a 3. Get anything you can for Cobb and Fells. Keep JJ unless you can get a 2nd rd pick. The Texans don't owe him a trade to a contender. If they get better players with JJ,he can play for another 4 yrs or so.if they do none of this, I'm fine that the newer can make the call.

One quibble here .... on WFV and Watt.

You are likely to get a #3 comp pick for WFV if he walks as a FA - somewhere around pick #100ish.

But if you move him now for a and don't take back salary , you create actual cap space on this years cap which if unused gets rolled over onto next years cap - you are basically doubling his cap space with the roll over.
If he walks as a FA he's off your books and you likely get that comp pick but you don't get the added benefit of the roll over.

Same goes for Watt .... Shedding $17.5m from next years cap and $8m plus from this years in the form of roll over.

That cap space may be more valuable than a draft pick one round higher.

The rest .... yeah , dump them for whatever you can get.

Somewhere I posted offering Watt some GTD money in signing bonus that can be prorated over distant years that also include non GTD $.
I know this is heresy to say, but I’m actually done with watching running backs waving at Watt as he passes by to the outside of them heading in the other direction.

He isn’t as good as he was, and his lack of discipline in the run game is as big a problem with this D as anything else. Want to run on the Texans? Head for where Watt is meant to be at the snap...he’ll be way wide of there trying to find a way round to the QB.

He’s one of the all time greats but the little cheats he once used to get to 20 sacks a season he’s now using to reach 8, but that isn’t enough to impact the game plan on a weekly basis but is part of the reason why we give up 200 yards a game rushing.

I know this is heresy to say, but I’m actually done with watching running backs waving at Watt as he passes by to the outside of them heading in the other direction.

He isn’t as good as he was, and his lack of discipline in the run game is as big a problem with this D as anything else. Want to run on the Texans? Head for where Watt is meant to be at the snap...he’ll be way wide of there trying to find a way round to the QB.

He’s one of the all time greats but the little cheats he once used to get to 20 sacks a season he’s now using to reach 8, but that isn’t enough to impact the game plan on a weekly basis but is part of the reason why we give up 200 yards a game rushing.
That's been the case with every premier pass rusher in league history. The thing that stands out now is that we were spoiled by watching Watt dominate in stuffing the run also, early in his career.

Ok.....from strictly a business position and just thinking out loud. If I had to make a blockbuster move right now:

I think the Bears would be the target and if offered would probably be interested:

Bears Get:
QB- Watson
DE- Watt
WR- Cooks

Texans Get:
QB- Foles
2021 RD1
2021 RD@
@)@@ RD!
@)@@ RD@

THIS IS CODE FOR KEYBOARD IS ACTING VERY BAD AND SEEMS TO BE STUCK IN CAPS AT THE MOMENT>

DB reported this to be the case.

Yep. I trust my sources, but I shall not reveal them (I gave my word). :spy:

That said, just listen to McClain on the radio and keep in mind that he's been reported as part of the search team. His thoughts and demeanor will confirm it for you if you feel confident in reading basic human nature and language. Sometimes the things he refuses to say matters, too. It's also been hinted at by other local radio personalities.

And it makes sense. Cal is in over his head. He's been taught to take in multiple opinions, and that's what he's done here. Easterby, Watson, McClain, Jed Hughes (vice chairman for the search firm Korn Ferry). He's not an owner with a deep networking history in the NFL. That was Bob (who has only been gone less than two years).

Save us, blind squirrel theory. You're our only hope. ;)
SquirrelR2D2.jpg

Ok.....from strictly a business position and just thinking out loud. If I had to make a blockbuster move right now:

I think the Bears would be the target and if offered would probably be interested:

Bears Get:
QB- Watson
DE- Watt
WR- Cooks

Texans Get:
QB- Foles
2021 RD1
2021 RD@
@)@@ RD!
@)@@ RD@

THIS IS CODE FOR KEYBOARD IS ACTING VERY BAD AND SEEMS TO BE STUCK IN CAPS AT THE MOMENT>

We aren't trading watson.

Realistically, I don’t expect any blockbuster trades. I heard John McClain this morning and if he does have a real say concerning the players (and I so hope he doesn’t) nobody gets traded or cut because he, according to him, thinks this is a good team. Besides that, they don’t have a competent soul in that building that has the network available to swing a good deal. They’d get had as badly as OB.

If the team stays intact, I’ll be very interested to see how they come out of the bye week. I don’t think they’re a cohesive team at all. Having heard (press conference) from Cooks after the last loss, it sounds like some of the players aren’t putting much effort into practice. If that’s the case, this team is splintered and it’s not going to get better until those guys are gone. I don’t care what McClain thinks. A team divided isn’t going to get better.

Of that group listed .... who's better qualified than McClain ?

McClain is a great story teller and historian of the game of football. Doesn't mean he knows jack about hiring football personnel. He's not anymore qualified in that department than you or I.

Granted, I'll give you the more qualified than Easterby or Cal tag, but still. If the Texans are truly putting any weight (no pun intended) on a freaking beat reporter, they are in bad shape. This is just freaking sad.

McClain is a great story teller and historian of the game of football. Doesn't mean he knows jack about hiring football personnel. He's not anymore qualified in that department than you or I.

Granted, I'll give you the more qualified than Easterby or Cal tag, but still. If the Texans are truly putting any weight (no pun intended) on a freaking beat reporter, they are in bad shape. This is just freaking sad.

They need to sell this team to a more qualified owner who actually knows how the operation works.

These jokers continues to make a fool out of themselves.

Last edited:
J J Watt prorated 9-game salary is less than $8M, according to Over The Cap.
Both the Steelers and the Packers can accomodate that.
I have a feeling that he is 100% leaving. And probably heading to Pittsburgh. 8m and then resign to a new deal (playing with his brothers) or even the same deal stretched longer. I saw chatter about it on a Steelers message board. Apparently, they have some members in"the know" like we do.

I have a feeling that he is 100% leaving. And probably heading to Pittsburgh. 8m and then resign to a new deal (playing with his brothers) or even the same deal stretched longer. I saw chatter about it on a Steelers message board. Apparently, they have some members in"the know" like we do.

I can see it more now than 1-2 years ago because locking Watson down means he is now the face of the franchise so from a PR point of view they don’t need Watt as much as they use to.

Watt can always be brought back on a 1-day contract so he can officially retire as a Texans future HoF'er. Sure hope no one in the organization piszed him off enough for him to say, "duck the Texans.....I'm going into the HoF as a Steeler"!!!!

He's not even a beat reporter anymore.. He just retweets other people's breaking news.

probably not all his fault though, he is getting up there in age and the newspaper is flat broke.

Back