Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Preseason: TEXANS vs Saints

I wanted Jordan Davis at the time. Run D would be much better off right now.

I don’t want to say Texian is right…but Nick did a damn fine job blowing the Watson bounty in 2022.

#3 pick blown. Taking the oft injured corner due to traits instead of getting the baller right in front of you.

Drafting a guard at 15, which is very high for any guard, and with some injury Concerns of his own, and an iffy fit.

Again…overthinking it. This year, I love the two players but giving up the bounty to make it happen is questionable at best.

If Anderson is an all-pro DE in the making…I’m fine with it. If he is merely good as I suspect and have suspected…you don’t trade that much for a good player. He needs to be one of the best..an all-pro.

So now we are down to the Browns 1st next year. I’m waiting with bated breath to see how Nick can blow that as well.

Nah, they gotta build through the trenches 😆😆 Classic example of drafting for need vs best player. Garrett Wilson was sitting right there.
I thought Wilson went 1-10 to the NYJ?

I've heard that Caserio really wanted to draft Wilson and if that's the case trading up should've been an option. Dude's a stud.

Last edited:
I thought Wilson went 1-10 to the NYJ?

I've heard that Caserio really wanted to draft Wilson and if that's the Case trading up should've been an option. Dude's a stud.
That's correct. I was thinking about someone else. Early on its looking passing on Pickens and Pearce vs Metchie isn't looking good either. Pickens in particular is that dude.

That's correct. I was thinking about someone else. Early on its looking passing on Pickens and Pearce vs Metchie isn't looking good either. Pickens in particular is that dude.
Texian/Me called this in the Georgia/Alabama NC game . Also we agreed that the Texans would never pick Pickens.

Think Pickens/Collins with Dell/Hutcheson in the slot and Pierce/Schultz would be very dangerous?

I wanted Jordan Davis at the time. Run D would be much better off right now.

I don’t want to say Texian is right…but Nick did a damn fine job blowing the Watson bounty in 2022.

#3 pick blown. Taking the oft injured corner due to traits instead of getting the baller right in front of you.

Drafting a guard at 15, which is very high for any guard, and with some injury Concerns of his own, and an iffy fit.

Again…overthinking it. This year, I love the two players but giving up the bounty to make it happen is questionable at best.

If Anderson is an all-pro DE in the making…I’m fine with it. If he is merely good as I suspect and have suspected…you don’t trade that much for a good player. He needs to be one of the best..an all-pro.

So now we are down to the Browns 1st next year. I’m waiting with bated breath to see how Nick can blow that as well.

Circumstances out of Caserio's control contributed to many of those picks.

BTW, I wanted the 2 biggest baddest dudes in that draft Neal/Davis and edge Sam Williams at 2-33.

Imagine that draft while also drafting Pickens/Harris and Pierce. Would've lost out on Petrie but that's a fair trade off.

Wasn't paying much attention to line play during the game, did Josh Jones end up playing at all?

Circumstances out of Caserio's control contributed to many of those picks.

BTW, I wanted the 2 biggest baddest dudes in that draft Neal/Davis and edge Sam Williams at 2-33.

Imagine that draft while also drafting Pickens/Harris and Pierce. Would've lost out on Petrie but that's a fair trade off.

I didn't like Neal. Still don't. Wasn't a Sam Williams guy either. I haven't followed his career. How is he doing?

I think the the idea around Davis that high is he is probably not a 3-down player and I get that, but if you had a leaky middle of the D like we did and you want to stop the run - he was the guy imo.

I tried to get behind the Green pick, because looking back...I could see the rationale in getting a guy who was a masher in the run game considering the run game here. He showed some flashes of that last year, but this PS his run blocking wasn't good in the times I focused on him this PS. Granted, I'm not going to watch a LG for 20 straight plays, but especially in the PS, I try to focus on a guy for a bit that I'm interested in. He was a turnstile in pass pro, and didn't really get a lot of movement in the run game either. He looked like a borderline roster guy to me - again just in the times I spent trying to focus on his play. Caveat - it's harder when you're looking down the line like the cameras do vs. an end zone look, so don't take anything I say as gospel but that's what I saw...a barely on-the-roster guy trying to hang on.

I didn't like Neal. Still don't. Wasn't a Sam Williams guy either. I haven't followed his career. How is he doing?

I think the the idea around Davis that high is he is probably not a 3-down player and I get that, but if you had a leaky middle of the D like we did and you want to stop the run - he was the guy imo.

I tried to get behind the Green pick, because looking back...I could see the rationale in getting a guy who was a masher in the run game considering the run game here. He showed some flashes of that last year, but this PS his run blocking wasn't good in the times I focused on him this PS. Granted, I'm not going to watch a LG for 20 straight plays, but especially in the PS, I try to focus on a guy for a bit that I'm interested in. He was a turnstile in pass pro, and didn't really get a lot of movement in the run game either. He looked like a borderline roster guy to me - again just in the times I spent trying to focus on his play. Caveat - it's harder when you're looking down the line like the cameras do vs. an end zone look, so don't take anything I say as gospel but that's what I saw...a barely on-the-roster guy trying to hang on.
For the first two games this preseason he was anything but a turnstile in pass pro. That’s why I was so surprised that he didn’t even get the start.

Williams is doing great and improving. I would be happy if WA has a similar rookie yr, although WA should have better stats because he wont be sharing time like Williams is. Neal playing next to Tunsil would be an awesome thing for Pierce to run behind.

Imagine putting Neal next to Tunsil and a DL of WA/Collins/Davis/Williams. If Caserio had done this and added Pickens/Pierce/Harris in that draft the team would've been able to focus on the secondary (Wouldn't have Stingley/Petrie) and weapons for Stroud in the last draft. They would be so much further along in their rebuild. They would be on par with the NYJ minus Rodgers in their rebuild.

This isn't saying that Caserio has done a bad job, especially since he had to work with Lovie in the last draft and the McNair's would never allow Caserio to draft a guy like Williams.

Williams is doing great and improving. I would be happy if WA has a similar rookie yr, although WA should have better stats because he wont be sharing time like Williams is. Neal playing next to Tunsil would be an awesome thing for Pierce to run behind.

Imagine putting Neal next to Tunsil and a DL of WA/Collins/Davis/Williams. If Caserio had done this and added Pickens/Pierce/Harris in that draft the team would've been able to focus on the secondary (Wouldn't have Stingley/Petrie) and weapons for Stroud in the last draft. They would be so much further along in their rebuild. They would be on par with the NYJ minus Rodgers in their rebuild.

This isn't saying that Caserio has done a bad job, especially since he had to work with Lovie in the last draft and the McNair's would never allow Caserio to draft a guy like Williams.
Sam Williams has had a few off the field issues to deal with, recently drugs and guns...

Sam Williams has had a few off the field issues to deal with, recently drugs and guns...
Had a small amount of pot in his car, it would've been a 500.00 fine and a ticket in Harris County and was carrying a registered gun. No big deal to me.

Wow but you’ll crucify a kid for being around someone you don’t like.
Who have I crucified? I dont like Stroud as a person or a player, I dont think you know what the definition of the word crucify means. I've not come close to crucifying Stroud. I do happen to think he's dumb and very unaware. This isn't going to turn out well.

Truth is I dont consider having small amounts of pot to be a deal breaker when it comes to drafting a guy.

Who have I crucified? I dont like Stroud as a person or a player, I dont think you know what the definition of the word crucify means. I've not come close to crucifying Stroud. I do happen to think he's dumb and very unaware. This isn't going to turn out well.

Truth is I dont consider having small amounts of pot to be a deal breaker when it comes to drafting a guy.

What about driving at excessive speeds putting other people on the road in danger? Not a big deal? Clemson wannabe imo but if that’s the type of people you support go right ahead. Don’t need the Clemson trash or Clemson imitating trash on this team!

I can't really point at anyone.

I did a whole heck of a lot of dumb 💩 when I was in my early 20s. Hell, even into my 30s and 40s....

I can only image the stupid crap I'd have gotten into if I had millions at my finger tips.

As for Stroud I don't believe he is our answer but I hope I'm wrong and I will give the kid a chance.

As for Stroud I don't believe he is our answer but I hope I'm wrong and I will give the kid a chance.

I'm just going to piggyback on this thought.

I've been watching Houston football since the late 60s. There have been so many quarterbacks that I've been SURE were going to take us to the promised land, that were going to develop or figure something out and suddenly have the lights come on, from Pete Beathard, Charley Johnson, Dan Pastorini, Gifford Nielson, Kenny Stabler, Oliver Luck, Warren Moon, Commander Cody Carlson, Billy Joe Tolliver, Chris Chandelier, Steve McNair, HWWNBN, Schaub, Rosencopter, and then the menagerie of OB projects. I thought we had our guy with DW4. I didn't expect us to draft him because I didn't think we'd trade up that far. Then I was afraid his game wasn't going to translate. And then after the Patriot and Titans games his rookie year, I started to believe.

I wanted Mills to be able to do it, to be the guy. But he's not the guy.

Now I'm hoping Stroud is going to be the guy, but I'm just about done with hoping for us to get a real difference maker at QB.

Not that I'm going to stop watching, if he isn't the guy or anything, but I think it's going to take a helluva lot to get me really fired up again if he's a miss.

What about driving at excessive speeds putting other people on the road in danger? Not a big deal? Clemson wannabe imo but if that’s the type of people you support go right ahead. Don’t need the Clemson trash or Clemson imitating trash on this team!
Who hasn't driven 76 in a 45?

from Pete Beathard, Charley Johnson, Dan Pastorini, Gifford Nielson, Kenny Stabler, Oliver Luck, Warren Moon, Commander Cody Carlson, Billy Joe Tolliver, Bucky Richardson, Chris Chandelier, Steve McNair, HWWNBN, Schaub, Rosencopter, and then the menagerie of OB projects.
FIFY

Frankly... I don't think I have. If I did, I didn't mean to.

Although I have done 160 in a 120 (kph) and people were passing me by and honking at me to get back into the slow lane.
Point is everybody speeds and I'm sorry most people have driven 25 mph over the speed limit.

I do every time I go to Bolivar.

Who hasn’t hung around or been around someone who did some bad things in their lives?
Who has family members that’s been to jail and you still hung around them?
Driving 25 mph over the speed limit doesn't make the guy a bad person.

I distance myself from those family members.

Back