Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Preseason: TEXANS vs Saints

So you justify breaking the law speeding 30MPH over posted speed limits as NORMAL. So much for your moral center. :lol:
Cars generating over 600hp are being sold on a daily basis to be driven on our streets. Unfortunately not everyone has the wherewithal to use that power responsibly.

So you justify breaking the law speeding 30MPH over posted speed limits as NORMAL. So much for your moral center. :lol:
Relating speeding to a lack of morality is laughable. You must not drive much.

By your standards every that speeds is immoral.

Replace "immoral" with irresponsible and stupid. :)
Life is like that.

Depends on where you are from and the type of vehicle you have also how much you travel.

I get where your view is coming from since you don't travel much. You don't like speeders around you.

Who have I crucified? I dont like Stroud as a person or a player, I dont think you know what the definition of the word crucify means. I've not come close to crucifying Stroud. I do happen to think he's dumb and very unaware. This isn't going to turn out well.

Truth is I dont consider having small amounts of pot to be a deal breaker when it comes to drafting a guy.
Are you serious? You have tarnished this young man’s name on here and you don’t think you’ve wronged this youngster. Wow

Are you serious? You have tarnished this young man’s name on here and you don’t think you’ve wronged this youngster. Wow
Not at all

criticisms of Stroud and who he is as a person and a player are valid. You just don't like the fact that I think he's a slightly above avg QB and the people who represent him/ he looks up too, frankly I question his judgement. This isn't going to end well. You can't name a QB that has won a championship with his background and that's all that matters, or at least should be all that matters. You and Hannah disagree with me and that's fine.

All of this should be fair game in looking at the Stroud puzzle.

He's done nothing. Most people think he's the old "get off my lawn" curmudgeon that no one even listens to. His opinions don't rise to the level of credible. He's the conspiracy kook that everyone tries to bring back to reality. A joke if you will.

I don't mean to insult steelbtexan in any way. I'm just describing the caricature that has been created.

He's done nothing. Most people think he's the old "get off my lawn" curmudgeon that no one even listens to. His opinions don't rise to the level of credible. He's the conspiracy kook that everyone tries to bring back to reality. A joke if you will.

I don't mean to insult steelbtexan in any way. I'm just describing the caricature that has been created.
Disagree, no caricature has been developed. There's just no sunshine and rainbows.

I just don't go along with the herd mentality.

They should have waited on QB until 2024. Hannah just had to have a marketing tool and she got her guy.

Driving fast doesn't make a person a POS. Nor does possessing weed.
You're right, driving fast and past the speed limit doesn't necessarily make a person a POS.

But doing 76 in a 45 MPH zone does.

An accident quite likely results in a death. Or at least some serious injuries that can make life hell for people.

Other drivers do not expect this type of behavior in a 45MPH zone, they're not prepared to react correctly.

Out on the highway, most people don't care much, if at all.

I will say this.to you directly:
"Anyone who drives 76 in a 45MPH zone is a POS."

@steelbtexan
She survived, but she walks like a 300 - a thousand year old person.

So, excuse me to think that doing 76 in a 45 zone is stupidly dangerous.
Only POS can do that.

If he was going 76 in a 45 while racing and high, that makes him a POS
Which he wasn't doing.

Other than the 76 in a 55. He wasn't racing and he wasn't arrested for being high, so I'm going to go out on a limb here and say he wasn't high.

I don't think it was 76 in a 55...

A warrant for Williams’ arrest was also issued this past January, as he faced a reckless citation stemming from a scary car accident in which his car was totaled last December.

Plano police said Williams had been driving 98 miles per hour in a 55 mile-per-hour zone shortly before the wreck.

He also had a sexual assault charge in college... just sounds like a great character guy for the locker room. What illegal thing has Stroud done?
Stroud was playing basketball at Snoop Dog’s house. And he’s a fan of Watson and Vick. Both are illegal and should warrant life in prison.

Stroud was playing basketball at Snoop Dog’s house. And he’s a fan of Watson and Vick. Both are illegal and should warrant life in prison.
Whatever dude.

Big difference between your QB hanging out with these guys with questionable pasts and your edge rusher going 25 mph over the speed limit.

I don't think it was 76 in a 55...

A warrant for Williams’ arrest was also issued this past January, as he faced a reckless citation stemming from a scary car accident in which his car was totaled last December.

Plano police said Williams had been driving 98 miles per hour in a 55 mile-per-hour zone shortly before the wreck.

He also had a sexual assault charge in college... just sounds like a great character guy for the locker room. What illegal thing has Stroud done?
I believe charges were dropped.

Williams likes to drive fast. I like to drive fast, that doesn't make me a bad person. Or Williams either for that matter.

I believe charges were dropped.

Williams likes to drive fast. I like to drive fast, that doesn't make me a bad person. Or Williams either for that matter.

I like to drive fast too, I speed (typically on the freeway/interstate - I try and keep it reasonable/respectable on smaller streets/roads) - 43 miles over the speed limit isn't just speeding, it's stupid speeding, it's you're going to kill them if you hit them speeding, it's I'm a POS speeding. If you don't know the difference, then we can't have a discussion about it.

You get it in your head that certain activities are okay (I remember having this discussion about Tyreek Hill way back when - He's still running around hitting random people, and women, and children - yes he's a POS) but someone you are already biased against (Stroud) you will pick any nit to further your dislike agenda.

In other words:

If you like the player - so he did a couple of "minor' things like irresponsible speeding, beating a pregnant woman, choking his college girlfriend "It's all good, hey we all make mistakes"

If you don't like the player - He has an agent I don't like? He ate the last slice of pizza? What a selfish POS, "you will regret dealing with this guy!!"

It's so far off-kilter you have become a comical figure on the board, People like your football takes, everything else is taken with less than a grain of salt. Like, I believe Thunder said, a caricature of a reasonable adult.

Last edited:
I like to drive fast too, I speed (typically on the freeway/interstate - I try and keep it reasonable/respectable on smaller streets/roads) - 43 miles over the speed limit isn't just speeding, it's stupid speeding, it's you're going to kill them if you hit them speeding, it's I'm a POS speeding. If you don't know the difference, then we can't have a discussion about it.

You get it in your head that certain activities are okay (I remember having this discussion about Tyreek Hill way back when - He's still running around hitting random people, and women, and children - yes he's a POS) but someone you are already biased against (Stroud) you will pick any nit to further your dislike agenda.

In other words:

If you like the player - so he did a couple of "minor' things like irresponsible speeding, beating a pregnant woman, choking his college girlfriend "It's all good, hey we all make mistakes"

If you don't like the player - he has an agent I don't like, ate the last slice of pizza? What a selfish POS, "you will regret dealing with this guy!!"

It's so far off-kilter you have become a comical figure on the board, People like your football takes, everything else is taken with less than a grain of salt. Like, I believe Thunder said, a caricature of a reasonable adult.
I also find it hard to overlook the "David Mulaghetto" or "Inner City David" comments when it comes to this discussion as well. I'm not even sure the meaning there is subtle enough to classify as a dog whistle in this day and age that's pretty blatant.

In other words:

If you don't like the player - He has an agent I don't like? He ate the last slice of pizza? What a selfish POS, "you will regret dealing with this guy!!"

Wrong

I don't like the people Stroud has representing him or he hangs out with. That's just me. Whether he's a top 5 QB or Schaub is the question. That's TBD, but I don't like the odds of Stroud being a top 5 QB.

I don't really care about what people do in their everyday lives. Exception, Derrick and anybody who's had anything to do with Derrick and if Strouds just an above avg QB wait three yrs from now and you will see what I'm talking about. I would pass on that. The Hannah said give me another. I'm very interested to see how it all works out. It's the single most interesting thing about the team

With that said, they should've waited until 2024 to draft their QB. IMHO.

You get more upset about where a certain player spends his 4th of July than whether someone is going 30-40+ mph over the speed limit. Interesting.
I don't care about what people do in their personal lives. I do care about who the QB of the team I root for is hanging out with and if they have anything to do with Derrick then I don't want that to be the QB of the franchise I root for. Frankly, those people disgust me. Bunch of enablers.

Wrong

I don't like the people Stroud has representing him or he hangs out with. That's just me. Whether he's a top 5 QB or Schaub is the question. That's TBD, but I don't like the odds of Stroud being a top 5 QB.

I don't really care about what people do in their everyday lives. Exception, Derrick and anybody who's had anything to do with Derrick and if Strouds just an above avg QB wait three yrs from now and you will see what I'm talking about. I would pass on that. The Hannah said give me another. I'm very interested to see how it all works out. It's the single most interesting thing about the team

I have listened to hours of CJ Stoud press conferences and interviews and I'm sorry, he sounds like he is a little IQ-challenged. He may be athletically gifted with a special touch of hand-eye coordination, but does he have the grey matter to execute it? Especially in the NFL?

I have listened to hours of CJ Stoud press conferences and interviews and I'm sorry, he sounds like he is a little IQ-challenged. He may be athletically gifted with a special touch of hand-eye coordination, but does he have the grey matter to execute it? Especially in the NFL?
He's dumb as a bag of hammers.

There I said what a lot are thinking. Of course this is a sunshine pumping MB, so there's that.

I do want him to succeed though, hope I'm wrong. They've already named him captain for this week. LMAO and I fully expect Hannah to breakout with the Letterman's jackets week 2.

He's dumb as a bag of hammers.

There I said what a lot are thinking. Of course this is a sunshine pumping MB, so there's that.

I do want him to succeed though, hope I'm wrong. They've already named him captain for this week. LMAO and I fully expect Hannah to breakout with the Letterman's jackets week 2.
Que the Brigade.

I don't care about what people do in their personal lives. I do care about who the QB of the team I root for is hanging out with and if they have anything to do with Derrick then I don't want that to be the QB of the franchise I root for. Frankly, those people disgust me. Bunch of enablers.

Yep. Hanging out with Tom Brady and Joe Burrow is worse than going 90 in a 55 ;)

You don’t care what people do in their personal lives but you care who they hang out with… in their personal lives!

Yep. Hanging out with Tom Brady and Joe Burrow is worse than going 90 in a 55 ;)

You don’t care what people do in their personal lives but you care who they hang out with… in their personal lives!
If they're the QB of the team I root for then the answer is yes. We can go over this again, but I dont like the person or the player. I dont think this ends well. Just my opinion.

Brother you can’t make this stuff up. Pretty darn comical. The real reason I believe is it wasn’t his pick. Therefore he’s going to come up with the craziest stuff to validate his why.

Brother you can’t make this stuff up. Pretty darn comical. The real reason I believe is it wasn’t his pick. Therefore he’s going to come up with the craziest stuff to validate his why.

No need to validate why. Simply I dont like the person or the player. Unfortunately I'm rooting for him to succeed for the next 5 yrs.

Wrong

So we could get a shot at Caleb Williams? The guy where talk is already circulating he won't declare for the draft if the wrong team is there? From his father...

"The funky thing about the NFL draft process is, he'd almost be better off not being drafted than being drafted first," Carl Williams said in a recent interview for GQ. "The system is completely backwards. The way the system is constructed, you go to the worst possible situation. The worst possible team, the worst organization in the league -- because of their desire for parity -- gets the first pick. So it's the gift and the curse."

Link

Sounds like one of those guys that's going to demand a trade if things aren't going his way.

So then, reckless driving, beating women and children, cool? But if he hangs with Snoop nah?

Your moral center seems to be off the page.

Back