Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Preseason - TEXANS @ New England

Good Luck

Hope you're right

What do you adore about him? The play on the field or the people he chooses to associate with?

Accuracy
Arm Strength
Size
Athletic
Competitive
Leadership
Playmaker
Good locker room
Stays calm under pressure
Work ethic
Good family
Accountability
Passion for the game
Genuine

You need more or is that enough, because there is most definitely next level within him.

Accuracy
Arm Strength
Size
Athletic
Competitive
Leadership
Playmaker
Good locker room
Work ethic
Good family
Accountability
Passion for the game
Genuine

You need more or is that enough, because there is most definitely next level within him.
Ok but...

Lol

Accuracy
Arm Strength
Size
Athletic
Competitive
Leadership
Playmaker
Good locker room
Work ethic
Good family
Accountability
Passion for the game
Genuine

I could counter most of those, but I will leave you with this, QB's before him at OSU won conference championships, but he couldn't with all of the positives you listed. I considered OSU to have better talent than Michigan last year by a pretty good margin.

I could counter most of those, but I will leave you with this, QB's before him at OSU won conference championships, but he couldn't with all of the positives you listed. I considered OSU to have better talent than Michigan last year by a pretty good margin.

Flip ahead one year (2024 draft) Texans would have to move up and give up multiple one’s just to get a shot at Caleb Williams or Drake Maye.

CJ Will already have one year under Ryan & Slowick, close to equal impactful franchise QB value, at no extra charge just own slotted 2023 pick.

You need to move on, take your medicine and support CJ even if you don’t like his agent or ownership.

Flip ahead one year (2024 draft) Texans would have to move up and give up multiple one’s just to get a shot at Caleb Williams or Drake Maye.

CJ Will already have one year under Ryan & Slowick, close to equal impactful franchise QB value, at no extra charge just own slotted 2023 pick.

You need to move on, take your medicine and support CJ even if you don’t like his agent or ownership.
What medicine? I dont like the player or the person, but there seems to be a misconception of me wanting him to fail and that's just not true. I actually think he will succeed to certain degrees, but not to a championship level degree. He's known for folding when the lights are their brightest.

As far as giving up the picks to get a QB, they did that when they picked Stroud and Anderson. If you believe what's out there Anderson was #1 on their board. You dont know where the Texans would've been picking, but if they had to give up the two 2024 picks to get one of Williams/Maye/McCarthy I would've been much happier spending those picks one one of those guys than Stroud.

As far as the other stuff goes, you like everything about Stroud, so there's not going to be any changing your mind, which is why I made the post the way I did. I'm not going to try to change your mind. But yes, I would've rather built the team up and picked one of the other QB's. In typical marketing Texans fashion they went for the shiny new object rather than building a solid foundation 1st and for what? 6 wins in 2024, that's why the Texans have continued to be a losing franchise.

These days with me screw politics and world events and only some of the neighbors in relationships. Otherwise 😏

This explains a lot and where you were indoctrinated. Same place my brother was indoctrinated. My brother is a very smart guy who has never had to meet a payroll. Thinks he's the smartest guy in the room.

What's that got to do with it?
He was the QB of the more talented team and still managed to lose again. That's 3 big game losses in the last 2 yrs. But hey, he's clutch in some fans minds. I would like a breakdown of games where he's come up big in moments that mattered most in big games.

He was the QB of the more talented team and still managed to lose again. That's 3 big game losses in the last 2 yrs. But hey, he's clutch in some fans minds. I would like a breakdown of games where he's come up big in moments that mattered most in big games.
Wrong, Michigan had the better defense and better running game. OSU had the better receiving core and quarterback.

What medicine? I dont like the player or the person, but there seems to be a misconception of me wanting him to fail and that's just not true. I actually think he will succeed to certain degrees, but not to a championship level degree. He's known for folding when the lights are their brightest.

As far as giving up the picks to get a QB, they did that when they picked Stroud and Anderson. If you believe what's out there Anderson was #1 on their board. You dont know where the Texans would've been picking, but if they had to give up the two 2024 picks to get one of Williams/Maye/McCarthy I would've been much happier spending those picks one one of those guys than Stroud.

As far as the other stuff goes, you like everything about Stroud, so there's not going to be any changing your mind, which is why I made the post the way I did. I'm not going to try to change your mind. But yes, I would've rather built the team up and picked one of the other QB's. In typical marketing Texans fashion they went for the shiny new object rather than building a solid foundation 1st and for what? 6 wins in 2024, that's why the Texans have continued to be a losing franchise.

We all fully understand the Texans losing track record. Blame ownership, that's fine and fair. This is a total rebuild with actual legitimate coaching staff. Add in roster upgrades @ franchise QB with Edge rusher. Casero's draft is so much better working with DeMeco, although I'll never forgive him for passing on Sauce for Stingley. All water under the bridge now, don't know how you reset your opinion about current state of Texans and contribute in a positive way like you've always done for 20 plus years? But no sense in beating a dead horse. :deadhorse

In rivalry games there is no sure winner and you know this. It takes a team, not one player. In Stroud's two years there, Michigan was ranked in the top 5 nationally both years and the OSU defense gave up 45 and 42 points.

The Caleb Williams, Drake Maye, Marvin Harrison, Brock Bowers, ships have sailed.

Guess you just conveniently forgot the most important game of the season which was against the toughest team of college football in the Georgia Bulldogs...but I see how that game and those bright lights and his performance dont align and support your false narrative and agenda....

Guess you just conveniently forgot the most important game of the season which was against the toughest team of college football in the Georgia Bulldogs...but I see how that game and those bright lights and his performance dont align and support your false narrative and agenda....
I certainly didn't forget that game.

Tell me what happened in your eyes.

He didn't play well in the 4th quarter. IMHO

In rivalry games there is no sure winner and you know this. It takes a team, not one player. In Stroud's two years there, Michigan was ranked in the top 5 nationally both years and the OSU defense gave up 45 and 42 points.
I don't think Michigan winning was coincidence. Just like Moon, can't win big games.

• Haha
Reactions: JB
Wrong, Michigan had the better defense and better running game. OSU had the better receiving core and quarterback.
I'm certainly not going to change your mind, but OSU had Johnson, Jones, Wypler who were all drafted on their ol, not to mention the highly ranked ol that will be drafted in 2024.

Last edited:

I think he played his arse off and played a damn near perfect game against college football's best defense. He did EXACTLY what your QB is supposed to do which is get you in the position to win the game...and he did that...had them in range for a fg to win the game and the kicker choked...not him.

Love how the goal post is always moved with you...you say something and ask for a counter when someone does you change the criteria and blatantly ignore the fact that several posters give a rebuttal that absolutely destroys your arguement....

Let me guess....those lights weren't bright enough....oh look the goal posts moved again...how did that happen????

I think he played his arse off and played a damn near perfect game against college football's best defense. He did EXACTLY what your QB is supposed to do which is get you in the position to win the game...and he did that...had them in range for a fg to win the game and the kicker choked...not him.

Love how the goal post is always moved with you...you say something and ask for a counter when someone does you change the criteria and blatantly ignore the fact that several posters give a rebuttal that absolutely destroys your arguement....

Let me guess....those lights weren't bright enough....oh look the goal posts moved again...how did that happen????
A missed 51 yd FG by a college kicker is hardly chocking.

You're saying he played well in the 4rh qtr of that game? LoL

I've not moved the goalposts at all. I've said from before he was drafted that I wouldn't draft him because the next big game he's the QB of the winning team will be a 1st. That's whether the Panthers, Texans, etc .. picked him. I've been very consistent.

I've not moved the goalposts at all. I've said from before he was drafted that I wouldn't draft him because the next big game he's the QB of the winning team will be a 1st.
You're consistent in blaming Stroud for not overcoming the best team (by far) in college football by a missed field goal just like you're consistent in making excuses for a QB you like (Jimmy G) for not winning because of a dropped interception. You will be you and you're anything but inconsistent

You're consistent in blaming Stroud for not overcoming the best team (by far) in college football by a missed field goal just like you're consistent in making excuses for a QB you like (Jimmy G) for not winning because of a dropped interception. You will be you and you're anything but inconsistent
I could be thinking of someone else but I seem to remember him always complaining about the Texans for only looking at players with good character and not taking chances on good players with questionable histories?

No I'm stating facts, the 1st big game Stroud's the winning QB in will be a 1st. Everything else is just noise from the excuse makers.

• Haha
I could be thinking of someone else but I seem to remember him always complaining about the Texans for only looking at players with good character and not taking chances on good players with questionable histories?

I still believe on taking chances on players with character/injury issues in late rd 3 and later. Look how the Chiefs are built as an example. I dont want my team leaders to be these guys. I also draw the line at Sexual Predators on the team I root for.

So tell me what did Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, John Elway, Roger Staubach ... etc ever win in college? It takes a team to win, not just a QB
At least conference championships. Do you think Stroud compares to any of those guys in their ability to process or talent level?

BTW, did those guys have the more talented team around them? Did some of those guys win a conference championship?

At least conference championships. Do you think Stroud compares to any of those guys in their ability to process or talent level?

BTW, did those guys have the more talented team around them? Did some of those guys win a conference championship?
No
Too soon to know
Yes
No

""A missed 51 yd FG by a college kicker is hardly chocking"".

You're saying he played well in the 4rh qtr of that game? LoL

I've not moved the goalposts at all. I've said from before he was drafted that I wouldn't draft him because the next big game he's the QB of the winning team will be a 1st. That's whether the Panthers, Texans, etc .. picked him. I've been very consistent.

I count a missed FG as almost having the distance, but falling under the crossbar or having the distance and pushing it slightly left or right. As for this particular FG attempt.....the Kicker ducking barely cleared the linemen's heads as he shanked it hard left. That was a pure and simple shank for the ages and had no opportunity of being a missed FG.

Last edited:

Stroud played well enough.
Georgia wasn't unbeaten and ranked number one for nothing.

No team scored that many points against them. The most was 31.
Penalties and sacks also contributed.
No, that Oline did not play well in the 4th quarter nor the second half overall.

You're so stubborn; it's no wonder you've never been all that good in QB evaluation.
There should be no love nor hatred in the evaluation.

No, that Oline did not play well in the 4th quarter nor the second half overall.

You're so stubborn; it's no wonder you've never been all that good in QB evaluation.
No hatred

It's true that I'm steadfast in my beliefs.

Have you looked in the mirror this morning?

Patrick Mahomes says hi!

That man is stuck on his hateful agenda against a young man he’s never met or will meet. Dude has stated he doesn’t like the player or the person. Therefore, IMO it’s a waste of time talking to him about CJ.

I got his eval correct.
You were all over the place.

Here, you wanted Kelly in the first round.

I got his eval correct.
Here you had him low.

Mahomes never last that long

In another word, you did not have him in the first round.

You were all over the place.

Here, you wanted Kelly in the first round.
SMH

Reading comprehension issues

Here you had him low.

Mahomes never last that long

In another word, you did not have him in the first round.
If you go through all of the micka you will see Corossion and I were the only 2 that had him in the 1st Rd.

Since I'm living rent free in your brain, In the future I'm going to give you many homework assignments.

If you go through all of the micka you will see Corossion and I were the only 2 that had him in the 1st Rd.

Since I'm living rent free in your brain, In the future I'm going to give you many homework assignments.
Bull.

I was the first who had him high. I even said the Texans probably won't be able to trade up that high for him.
He was my number choice from very early one, even when nobody did.

You had him in the first round, but when he dropped to the second in the mock draft you didn't select him.
You went with Dan Feeney instead at 37th.

Just admit that you were just talking from both sides of your mouth. :)

And here's corrosion:

He had Watson and Trubisky 1 and 2. Kizer 3 and Mahomes 4
He thought Kizer and Mahomes may drop out of the first.

Back