Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Prayers for Joe Texan to get well

I saw he was in the hospital but this is the first details I have seen of his condition. Glad he's doing better, thoughts and prayers headed his way. Get well soon Joe.

I knew he was in the hospital but didn't know what for.
Scary stuff, good to hear that things are getting better. Hope that he makes a full recovery and is back on his feet shortly.

It's crazy to think about how much we take good health for granted until we have a complication. So thank every day we feel good, because you don't know when that "day" will happen.

Thank God that it wasn't more serious than what it was. Prayers for a speedy and complete recovery.....

I am glad that he gave permission for this to be on the board because I know that the prayers from us will help a lot. I talked with him yesterday and he seemed to be in good spirits despite his condition. Since I don't have family here, my "Texans family" mean a lot to me and I don't want to lose any of them.

:heart: Get well Joe and rest up for the draft party!! Can't wait to see you.

Well I called Joe's cell phone (as did Tedc) and it went straight through to his voicemail. I then called the hospital directly and asked for Joe's room. I was told he was in ICU. Ted and Kathryn called shortly thereafter and got as far as the ICU nursing station at which time they were told to leave a message.

Short story, Joe must've went from a regular room (where I talked to him on his cell last night) to Intensive Care... Let's please elevate the prayer level a notch.

Thanks for the update, man. I really hate to hear this news, but I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

I think Joe Texan is a tough ol' bird, and it is my opinion that he's got a strong will to live. He'll recover and be better than ever, with a renewed sense of life and taking care of his health. I look forward to seeing his fanatic self rooting for the hometown team in a matter of months.

Hang in there, Joe Texan!! :texflag:

Just found this. Prayers to you Joe and your family. Keep us updated CND and thanks for notifying us.

You're in my thoughts and prayers, Joe Texan! Get well soon, because the 2010 season is going to be our best yet!!! :texflag:

OK, I am getting too attached to you people on here.

When I saw the news, I got a knot in my stomach and was relieved when I heard he appears to be getting better.

Gosh, I can't believe I have this strong of an emotional connection to people I have never personally met before. This really IS a family, I suppose.

Get better, Joe. I know I give you a hard time, and so do others, but you should know that all of us wish you a speedy recovery.

:cowboy1:

Thanks for posting Jean!! I knew about Joe's condition, but, I won't post reasons for someone's illness without permission either. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery! Lot's of prayers being sent up for our fellow Texan!!

Looking forward to seeing you and your soap-on-a-rope around here again soon. Get well, buddy.

Well I called Joe's cell phone (as did Tedc) and it went straight through to his voicemail. I then called the hospital directly and asked for Joe's room. I was told he was in ICU. Ted and Kathryn called shortly thereafter and got as far as the ICU nursing station at which time they were told to leave a message.

Short story, Joe must've went from a regular room (where I talked to him on his cell last night) to Intensive Care... Let's please elevate the prayer level a notch.

Damn I hate to hear this. I thought it was going to be okay at first just going by his facebook update that he felt he was doing well. And then I read the update by CND and now this.

Hang in there Joe, we are pulling for you. More prayers sent. Thanks for the update TB please keep passing along the info.

Here is to a speedy recovery.

compact%20post%20london%20551.jpg

Reliant will not be the same without you. :texflag:

I just sent it via PM

No... No real info at this point, other than he said it was a stroke. I talked to him on his cell phone last night from his hotel, errrrrrrrr hospital room. Tonight I called his cell phone (as well as Ted/Kathryn) and it went straight to his cell phone's voice mail . I called the hospital.... (and so later Kathryn/ Ted did too). They got basically the same answer.. Joe was in ICU.

Check your PM.

Just got off the phone with Joe. He's still in ICU, but was able to take the call. Right now, they're working on getting his blood pressure down. He's at 154/82 which is, I think a lot better then it had bee..

He wanted to express how much he appreciates the prayers and support Texan Nation has offered up. Hopefully, in just a couple of days, he relay that to all y'all himself..

Thanks.

Walking up to Joe's room, I noticed that he was surrounded by beautiful women who were taking care of his every need. He was wearing these Titan colored socks so I gave him some new Texans socks with the non-slip Texans logo on the bottom.

Joe is doing OK, but he is scared of his condition. He is hoping the test on Monday prove to be consistent with the good doctors scenario above.

He wants to thank everyone for the calls, thoughts, prayers but keep them coming.

Thoughts and prayers are with you, Joe. May you get the best of a bad situation.

I know we all will want to join in wishing Joe a quick and complete recovery from this very scary occurence.
Indeed, and thanks for the update.

Live strong and stay strong, Joe Texan. All us Texan fans need our HOFer back.

Thanks for the updates, keep em comin!
Joe, You one of the toughest guys when it comes to adversity I know you can do it, get better soon Joe!

Just came back from checking on Joe in the ICU. He has the expected severe headaches from the blood clot irritating and pressing on the brain. As long as there is no further bleed, these should taper off over the next month. Meanwhile, pretty heavy medication is needed to keep him half way comfortable, so he feels pretty sleepy most of the time. But that’s OK. Blood pressure is a little brittle, so meds to control it are being monitored closely. All in all, he is in good spirits. Under the circumstances, I’ve explained to him that he is a very lucky man.........with the type of stroke he sustained, approximately ½ don’t make it to the hospital alive. With all of your prayers, he will be in the ¼ of the group that not only makes it to the hospital alive, but also makes it out of the hospital without permanent lingering disability.

He wanted me to again relate to the MB, that he is moved by all of the well-wishers, including some which have not always seen eye to eye with him.

Gotta let you know, he’s making great progress.......no pooping the bed.........he’s traveling on his own to the PortaPot just fine..............Oops, Joe, I hope I didn’t give out too much information. :bomb:

Just came back from checking on Joe in the ICU. He has the expected severe headaches from the blood clot irritating and pressing on the brain. As long as there is no further bleed, these should taper off over the next month. Meanwhile, pretty heavy medication is needed to keep him half way comfortable, so he feels pretty sleepy most of the time. But that’s OK. Blood pressure is a little brittle, so meds to control it are being monitored closely. All in all, he is in good spirits. Under the circumstances, I’ve explained to him that he is a very lucky man.........with the type of stroke he sustained, approximately ½ don’t make it to the hospital alive. With all of your prayers, he will be in the ¼ of the group that not only makes it to the hospital alive, but also makes it out of the hospital without permanent lingering disability.

He wanted me to again relate to the MB, that he is moved by all of the well-wishers, including some which have not always seen eye to eye with him.

Gotta let you know, he’s making great progress.......no pooping the bed.........he’s traveling on his own to the PortaPot just fine..............Oops, Joe, I hope I didn’t give out too much information. :bomb:

Wow ... thanks for the info .

All tailgating will consist of grilled Salmon and zuchini from now on .

Back