Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Prayers for Joe Texan to get well

I just got off the phone with him a couple of minutes ago. He sounded tired, but okay. He really appreciates the prayers.

All my prayers to Joe Texan. Get well bud, we need more like you!

I put "you can't keep a Texan down" on his FB.

I hope you are feeling better, Joe!

Hope he gets well soon. He is far and away the most entertaining poster on the entire board.

Hope you get better Joe! Get well soon and get back here talkin' smack. I'll keep you in my prayers and hope you have a speedy recovery.

Jeremy

You know how hard it is to find a loud, incomprehensible, big, fat, party animal? It would be too hard to replace you. You BETTER get better! Just kiddin' man. You're in our prayers brother.

Well I called Joe's cell phone (as did Tedc) and it went straight through to his voicemail. I then called the hospital directly and asked for Joe's room. I was told he was in ICU. Ted and Kathryn called shortly thereafter and got as far as the ICU nursing station at which time they were told to leave a message.

Short story, Joe must've went from a regular room (where I talked to him on his cell last night) to Intensive Care... Let's please elevate the prayer level a notch.

Well I called Joe's cell phone (as did Tedc) and it went straight through to his voicemail. I then called the hospital directly and asked for Joe's room. I was told he was in ICU. Ted and Kathryn called shortly thereafter and got as far as the ICU nursing station at which time they were told to leave a message.

Short story, Joe must've went from a regular room (where I talked to him on his cell last night) to Intensive Care... Let's please elevate the prayer level a notch.

Well I don't like where this is going at all. =\

One thousand fold. All our prayers for you Joe!Get well buddy, we are pulling for you!

Hard as hell to get info from a hospital these days. You guys better keep me posted!!

Ted and Bill. Please PM me your cell numbers. I have a new phone and didn't save the numbers from my old sims card. Having to start over. I need Joe's also.

Sending up lots of prayers for Joe. I just know he'll be ok, we gotta have faith.

Hard as hell to get info from a hospital these days. You guys better keep me posted!!

Ted and Bill. Please PM me your cell numbers. I have a new phone and didn't save the numbers from my old sims card. Having to start over. I need Joe's also.

Sending up lots of prayers for Joe. I just know he'll be ok, we gotta have faith.

Momma, I tried to call you the other night... figured you were at work.. Pm'mming you now.

I just sent it via PM

Prayers to you Joe.

TB, I know you said he's in ICU. What happened? Any info for us?

No... No real info at this point, other than he said it was a stroke. I talked to him on his cell phone last night from his hotel, errrrrrrrr hospital room. Tonight I called his cell phone (as well as Ted/Kathryn) and it went straight to his cell phone's voice mail . I called the hospital.... (and so later Kathryn/ Ted did too). They got basically the same answer.. Joe was in ICU.

Wow, this is tough to hear. Joe's still young, 47? The good news is because of that he can pull out of this OK and recover. Get out Joe and start taking care of yourself.

I honestly need to do the same. I am 41 and I know I should be working out more, eating better, etc. Strokes and heart attacks don't just happen to older folks. They can happen to even the young, especially those that neglect their health which is probably the norm in our fast paced culture of stress and poor quality food.

Wow, this is tough to hear. Joe's still young, 47? The good news is because of that he can pull out of this OK and recover. Get out Joe and start taking care of yourself.

I honestly need to do the same. I am 41 and I know I should be working out more, eating better, etc. Strokes and heart attacks don't just happen to older folks. They can happen to even the young, especially those that neglect their health which is probably the norm in our fast paced culture of stress and poor quality food.

That's the key right there

Joe called me this morning to tell me that Monday he was rushed to the hospital for symptoms consistent with stroke. A diagnostic CT scan confirmed a bleed into the brain. The bleed has since stopped and Joe is now stable. If there are no further complications, we expect the bleed to resorb without surgical burr hole drainage. He is still somewhat "woozie" from his experience and medications. He gave me permission to share this with the MB.

I know we all will want to join in wishing Joe a quick and complete recovery from this very scary occurence.

Joe, My father had the same issue I can relate. I am sending you my prayers and hoping for a speedy recovery!

Back