Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

**Official Game-Day Thread** Texans at Saints, Saturday August 26, 2017!!

Are we sure bOb can handle offensive coach?, the head coach may need to fire him, .......ohhhh wait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Max
Well, if we're playing "if's" and "almosts" there's also dropped passes that can be thrown in.... umm, yeah pun not intended.

Rating is what it is
If you follow passer ratings at all, you will notice that completion numbers slowly increase the value while interceptions drop them like a sack of rocks.

I saw things to like tonight from savage. Sure he didnt dazzle but he got us moving with no run game and a shotty ol. Definitely looked like he did a lot of check downs but he got to them fast. Showed he knew where the routes were and got zero help. Not much else positive tonight.

our offense has stunk for a long time. you can have the best defense in the world, but if you can't score, you're pissing in the wind.

O'Brien has failed to learn since Game 1 of year 1 in Houston that O-linemen need to settle in and develop chemistry. He brought from New England this dogma that he can move linemen around and expect them to still function optimally. It doesn't work that way. Let people learn their position, or remain ideological as your offense fails to function. If the line continues to suck this season, he needs to go. He should have learned his lessons already.

O'Brien has failed to learn since Game 1 of year 1 in Houston that O-linemen need to settle in and develop chemistry. He brought from New England this dogma that he can move linemen around and expect them to still function optimally. It doesn't work that way. Let people learn their position, or remain ideological as your offense fails to function. If the line continues to suck this season, he needs to go. He should have learned his lessons already.

Who on the OL isn't playing where they played last yr.

Excluding Martin.

# Talent deficiencies

Reactions: Max
I think Vrabel is going to do fine as our DC this year. Looks like he's doing a good job developing our players & getting the most out of what depth we do have.

Offensively, I think our coaches have their work cut out for them. Jacksonville is going to be a low scoring affair.

Last edited:
2nd team RG.

That's why I said excluding Martin.

Really I'm beginning to think they should put Mancz back at C and move Martin to RG to get their best OL on the field.

Mancz subbed for XSF on the 2nd series & played the rest of the way with the "1st team." X came back in with the second team & had some pretty bad moments.

Fuller played RG for a series or two & made Allen look like our best option at RG.

Back