Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

**Official Game-Day Thread** Bengals at Texans, Saturday Dec 24, 2016!!

totally different play calling coming out of the half, to bad this wasn't the plan from the start.

I sure miss the 2012 season when we would crush opponents versus 2016 just praying the other team completely sh!ts the bed so we might have a shot....

No misdirection, very little motion. And they keep running into the strength of the Bengals D up the gut. No pitches or sweeps or anything at all to stretch the d horizantally and nothing in the air to stretch them vertically. In short it's pathetic

Why do we suck so bad in the red zone?
I believe that part of it is we don't have someone who can run a short fade in the end zone. I don't think that Hopkins is well suited to that at 6'1 unless the timing is dead on.

I thought, coming into the season that we would have a lot of slants running but it seems like our OL can't engage quick enough to allow throwing lanes. Seriously, I don't know if I've ever seen that many people wiff. When you don't have someone to hammer the ball in (maybe blue if you can get inside the 5) then you have to choose, is your RB going to be a blocker to try and chip someone or do you send him out into the flats?

But think of it, if you're the defense, who do you focus on? Is there anybody on the offense that scares you? The way our OL is playing I don't like roll outs because you are likely running at someone for a sack.

Don't know how anyone can defend the play calling. It's incredibly predictable. Like someone else mentioned, where are the sweeps and outside runs? Where is Akeem Hunt?

Savage definitely makes things more interesting but **** this offense is boring.

I thought we added a whole bunch of speed... I'm really not seeing it. Did we add speed but not quickness? I mean how many times do we run quick slants and actually get open? For 15 years we have watched teams get 30 yards from a 5 yard slant over and over... (ok not as many recently but it used to be a given that we would see it once a game). Why does it seem like we never get that?

So we draft and sign RBs with speed but refuse to run to their strengths. At least Savage can lead Hunt enough to make a play. Bet we run run pass, FG.

Reactions: ROO
Back