Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Nick Caserio - New GM

That's really not on Caserio. Nobody expected Britt to quit on us. I wanted to draft a replacement for him, but we had too many other needs, and thought he'd be serviceable for one more season. I expect him to retire at some point.

How about a contract with fewer guaranteed dollar?

The GM is not a charity.

That's really not on Caserio. Nobody expected Britt to quit on us. I wanted to draft a replacement for him, but we had too many other needs, and thought he'd be serviceable for one more season. I expect him to retire at some point.
I thought they felt good about Morrisey & they were grooming him to be our future Center. But Q outplayed both Morrisey & Britt.

Quessenberry has been playing well

Last edited:
Can’t say I agree on Quessenberry, he has by far been the weakest link on the oline.
Did you think Britt & Morrissey played better? That's what I said. Nothing about being the strong point of the OL.

But since you asked, I think they're strong across the board. Inconsistent. Green being the most inconsistent.

Looks like a lot of communication issues & Tunsil's want to is far & between.

Did you think Britt & Morrissey played better? That's what I said. Nothing about being the strong point of the OL.

But since you asked, I think they're strong across the board. Inconsistent. Green being the most inconsistent.

Looks like a lot of communication issues & Tunsil's want to is far & between.
You said Quessenberry has been playing well. That’s what I said I disagree with. He’s been just plain bad.
Definitely agree on communication issues, but not about Tunsil. Dude is playing like a top 5 LT.

Explain to me how Peirce is the leading rookie rusher with Tunsil being a spectator?

An individual effort by Pierce, he isn't only amassing rushing yards but also missed/broken tackles since you can count on one hand (probably) the number of times he has made it past the line of scrimmage without having already been hit. Overall the run blocking is still mediocre with a good/great play every now and then.

No Pierce and we would be back to the 2.8 YPC Texans of yesteryears.

An individual effort by Pierce, he isn't only amassing rushing yards but also missed/broken tackles since you can count on one hand (probably) the number of times he has made it past the line of scrimmage without having already been hit. Overall the run blocking is still mediocre with a good/great play every now and then.

No Pierce and we would be back to the 2.8 YPC Texans of yesteryears.

The ol has been avg to slightly above avg overall this year IMHO

Which is a great improvement over previous years.

So what's the pulse on Nick Caserio after this debacle?

I see you’re in fast forward mode. 2023 will be Caserio’s first season with draft picks and some breathable cap space. Getting out of that shite hole in 2 seasons is pretty impressive in my book. Man, this wasn’t going to be a quick and easy process. So far….better than I was expecting.

Last edited:

Still hasn’t proven he can manage a salary cap. Has made too many bad decisions in regards to restructuring contracts. He inherited a bad cap situation and made it worse. The Texans need to hire a cap guy.

His first full draft was an overall win. Not every pick was perfect but some were. Needs to acquire more picks so less vets that have zero future make the roster.

Last edited:
His first draft was an overall win.

His 1st draft was an overall win?? Are you talking about the draft with Mills, Collins, Jordan, Wallow, and Lopez? Not sure I’d call that any kind of win.

This last one has potential, but at the rate it’s going this is going to take a long long time.

Still hasn’t proven he can manage a salary cap. Has made too many bad decisions in regards to restructuring contracts. He inherited a bad cap situation and made it worse. The Texans need to hire a cap guy.

His first draft was an overall win. Not every pick was perfect but some were. Needs to acquire more picks so less vets that have zero future make the roster.
Will they have plenty of cap room starting next year to sign a couple of impact fa if he wants to sign them?

His 1st draft was an overall win?? Are you talking about the draft with Mills, Collins, Jordan, Wallow, and Lopez? Not sure I’d call that any kind of win.

This last one has potential, but at the rate it’s going this is going to take a long long time.
Adding 5 or 6 guys through the draft/FA for 3 years in a row tells you how long it will take. Gotta hit on the QB though.

My bad. I meant first full draft.

He now works for Lovie. After two back-to-back horrendous disastrous head coach searches, even Daniel Calhoun had seen enough. So much so, Daniel Calhoun had to step in, take the process out of Caserby's hands and make the decision himself and hired Lovie. Lovie said fine but Caserby would've to work for him. Daniel Calhoun agreed. Lovie and his coaches had a backyard BBQ and made all of the 2022 draft picks. Nick was at the BBQ doing everything the Lovie and coaches wanted him to do. Nick is still a File Clerk and a Facilitator. IMO this continues thru the 2023 season, after which there will be a full house cleaning including Lovie and Nick. Daniel Calhoun and Janice will have no other alternatives because the city and fans will demand it. It's the McNair Way of doing things! Their only other alternative is to sell the team but will all of the McNairs be ready to move on? Some already are.

The only head coach and front office having a worse season is the Las Vegas Raiders. Josh McDaniels has taken a 10 win playoff team, added DaVante Adams, and is now 2 - 5. Josh an absolutely certain to be the Texans' next HC and wouldn't even return Caserby's calls. So Texans fans luckily escaped that bullet.

Last edited:
I could probably overlook Green's disappointing athleticism if he were strong but his bench of only 20 also indicates he is weak. Which makes me wonder, was he only doing enough to get by, coasting while at A&M? It's going to take him a couple of years minimum to catch up with the average athleticism of an NFL OL. IMHO I think Lovie promised Warhop this pick as an incentive to sign on as Lovie's OL coach. If I had to take an OG at #15 I would've drafted Cole Strange but my draft had Devonte Wyatt at #15. Ideally, I would've stayed at #13 and drafted Jordan Davis.
After watching Texas A&M this year I've come to the conclusion Green and other Aggies poor Combine performance is not Green's fault. The fault lies squarely with the A&M Strength and Conditioning coach. Jimbo needs to get with an SEC S&C program. Jimbo's team is getting manhandled at LOS and is worn in the 4th Q. The good news is Green should be able to get much better now that he is in a professional S&C program. That still doesn't excuse trading back for Green when Jordan Davis was still on the board. All you have to do is look at the Texans run defense to know that.

Last edited:
Let's see if he can. I'm having a lot of doubts about the Texans being able to attract top free agents, right now.
I don't think they start attracting fa until after the 2023 season at the earliest. This off-season they might be able to attract a LB like Rashaan Evans. But not a guy like Roquan Smith.

Davis and Green matchup Thursday night. Davis only plays about 20 snaps a game, so don't blink.
Davis sprained his ankle yesterday. Doubt he plays on Thursday.
Davis is currently learning the ropes backing up 6X pro bowler Fletcher Cox who is soon to retire. Probably be next year. So yes Davis snap counts are currently managed. They will certainly go up substantially when Cox does retire. I just wish Texans were in a position to plan and fill their roster accordingly. Probably pie-in-the-sky thinking since Texans' long-term planning always centers around the season at hand because of operating with coach think instead of GM think. (Why Eagles traded up for Davis and why I wanted Texans to draft Charles Cross) A four year plan is not part of the Texans' vocabulary.

Davis was carted off and later seen in a walking boot and on crutches. He is out for the next 4 - 6 weeks with a high ankle sprain.

Last edited:
Davis is currently learning the ropes backing up 6X pro bowler Fletcher Cox who is soon to retire. Probably be next year. So yes Davis snap counts are currently managed. They will certainly go up substantially when Cox does retire. I just wish Texans were in a position to plan and fill their roster accordingly. Probably pie-in-the-sky thinking since Texans' long-term planning always centers around the season at hand because of operating with coach think instead of GM think. (Why Eagles traded up for Davis and why I wanted Texans to draft Charles Cross) A four plan is not part of the Texans' vocabulary.

Davis was carted off and later seen in a walking boot and on crutches. He is out for the next 4 - 6 weeks with a high ankle sprain.

The same reason I wanted them to draft offense. Neal and Davis with the 1st two picks. The biggest baddest guys in this draft and I would have traded up for Linderbaum. These would've been foundational trench guys for the next 10 years. Instead Lovie wanted to fix the secondary. Which is fine except if you get your butt kicked up front an upgraded secondary doesn't matter. You would think Lovie would know this.

The same reason I wanted them to draft offense. Neal and Davis with the 1st two picks. The biggest baddest guys in this draft and I would have traded up for Linderbaum. These would've been foundational trench guys for the next 10 years. Instead Lovie wanted to fix the secondary. Which is fine except if you get your butt kicked up front an upgraded secondary doesn't matter. You would think Lovie would know this.
I agree and the 2023 draft needs to be at least 1 of the top OL first or day 2 picks. You can't stay in a game without controlling the line of scrimmage.

He now works for Lovie. After two back-to-back horrendous disastrous head coach searches, even Daniel Calhoun had seen enough. So much so, Daniel Calhoun had to step in, take the process out of Caserby's hands and make the decision himself and hired Lovie. Lovie said fine but Caserby would've to work for him. Daniel Calhoun agreed. Lovie and his coaches had a backyard BBQ and made all of the 2022 draft picks. Nick was at the BBQ doing everything the Lovie and coaches wanted him to do. Nick is still a File Clerk and a Facilitator. IMO this continues thru the 2023 season, after which there will be a full house cleaning including Lovie and Nick. Daniel Calhoun and Janice will have no other alternatives because the city and fans will demand it. It's the McNair Way of doing things! Their only other alternative is to sell the team but will all of the McNairs be ready to move on? Some already are.

The only head coach and front office having a worse season is the Las Vegas Raiders. Josh McDaniels has taken a 10 win playoff team, added DaVante Adams, and is now 2 - 5. Josh an absolutely certain to be the Texans' next HC and wouldn't even return Caserby's calls. So Texans fans luckily escaped that bullet.
I don’t understand is there some kind of source for this?

He is insightful on college players. So there’s that.

Lol, i wouldn't even go that far b/c any "smart" person would've seen Bortles & Manziel were gonna be ass in the NFL....Yet this guy rested his whole analysis on both of them being better qb's than Teddy Bridgewater in the NFL on 1 sugar bowl performance for Bortles in which Baylor came back to win...which supposedly made him "clutch" even tho his performance was just ok. Same with Manziel b/c of his win over bama.........& Manziel's abnormally large hands size.......which supposedly made him better able to play in tougher weather conditions....

hey look we all miss..but for a self-styled "smart" guy who sees what others supposedly don't, those predictions not only didn't age well, they were spectacular fails in analysis.

Unchanged. I think he's doing a great job. No sarcasm.

As bad as this was, it was better than I expected it to be. I didn't learn anything from this game I didn't already know.

How much better would we have been if Malick Collins played? Do you think they would have held the Titans to 180 rushing yards?

Or do you think the problem is all on coaching?

I like that Lopez gets to start. But what's he doing?

Nick & Lovie have been here 2 years & the run defense is the same.

How much better would we have been if Malick Collins played? Do you think they would have held the Titans to 180 rushing yards?

Somebody here (you know who) has been telling me/us that Nick Caserio knows about roster building. :brando:

Lol, i wouldn't even go that far b/c any "smart" person would've seen Bortles & Manziel were gonna be ass in the NFL....Yet this guy rested his whole analysis on both of them being better qb's than Teddy Bridgewater in the NFL on 1 sugar bowl performance for Bortles in which Baylor came back to win...which supposedly made him "clutch" even tho his performance was just ok. Same with Manziel b/c of his win over bama.........& Manziel's abnormally large hands size.......which supposedly made him better able to play in tougher weather conditions....

hey look we all miss..but for a self-styled "smart" guy who sees what others supposedly don't, those predictions not only didn't age well, they were spectacular fails in analysis.

This is complete crap. Even the best GMs in the league miss on guys and you're attacking a poster on a message board for a couple of guys 10+ years ago that didn't pan out from his draft boards.Let's get back to FACTS - Texian's list of front office replacements for Tricky Rick and then the Brian Gaine and BOB/Easterby fiasco were FAR SUPERIOR to the Texans list and the guys they actually hired. His track record when it comes to coaches and the draft also have outperformed what the Texans have actually done. It's not exaggeration/hyperbole to say that the Texans would have been much better off with Texian running the show rather than BOB/Easterfuck. He has been posting for a long ass time and his opinion's and analysis are right up there with CloakNNNDagger's medical opinions about player injuries.

This is complete crap. Even the best GMs in the league miss on guys and you're attacking a poster on a message board for a couple of guys 10+ years ago that didn't pan out from his draft boards.Let's get back to FACTS - Texian's list of front office replacements for Tricky Rick and then the Brian Gaine and BOB/Easterby fiasco were FAR SUPERIOR to the Texans list and the guys they actually hired. His track record when it comes to coaches and the draft also have outperformed what the Texans have actually done. It's not exaggeration/hyperbole to say that the Texans would have been much better off with Texian running the show rather than BOB/Easterfuck. He has been posting for a long ass time and his opinion's and analysis are right up there with CloakNNNDagger's medical opinions about player injuries.

that aint saying much…most of us here couldve out-picked and out performed what the Texans have done to date in the draft and in the coaching search…..in a vacuum…which is why it’s disingenuous as hell to act like these picks & choices the Texans have made aren’t being influenced at least in part by other outside factors…& im not talking about Cal here. FOR INSTANCE, what does the coaching search look like without the DW4 crap hanging over this franchise’s head? What is actually KNOWN FOR A FACT why Gaine was fired? Not the speculative garbage floating around.

i flamed his ass b/c his “analysis” was absurd…& b/c he tried to lend credibility to himself by citing his high school football career as proof we should believe what he’s saying over what our own eyes see…..& then again B/c he was able to retire early…lol, like really bro?

that aint saying much…most of us here couldve out-picked and out performed what the Texans have done to date in the draft and in the coaching search…..in a vacuum…which is why it’s disingenuous as hell to act like these picks & choices the Texans have made aren’t being influenced at least in part by other outside factors…& im not talking about Cal here. FOR INSTANCE, what does the coaching search look like without the DW4 crap hanging over this franchise’s head? What is actually KNOWN FOR A FACT why Gaine was fired? Not the speculative garbage floating around.

i flamed his ass b/c his “analysis” was absurd…& b/c he tried to lend credibility to himself by citing his high school football career as proof we should believe what he’s saying over what our own eyes see…..& then again B/c he was able to retire early…lol, like really bro?
Exactly. You have players and ex-players complaining about Easterby. You have the whole DW4 shitshow. How do we know any reputable coach would want the job at that point? Caserio probably went to Cal and said "No one wants to coach this trainwreck." Cal said "Screw it. Hire Lovie"

This is either the burner account or a family member.

Not that much. Even with Collins in, teams have been able to run on us pretty much all year with only the occasional stop or TFL. So we probably would have gotten a couple more stops, decreased the bleeding a bit.

We've been really lucky so far this year that more teams didn't realize that they could have just taken the air out of the ball and destroyed us.

I don't think it's coaching. I think it's TALENT. The players we have that are talented, for the most part, don't have enough experience.

I think he should be a backup, not a starter although he may prove me wrong. Right now, he's part of the problem.

Because the run defense was so much better in 2020... um, 2019.. oh, yeah in 2018 the run defense was OK (3rd in yards)... we just couldn't stop the pass (29th in yards).

We hit bottom, I hope, last year. For me, this is the first year of the rebuild and it's going to take a couple of years to put something competitive together because we are and were just that bad.

I mean, people can talk about Lovie and how conservative he's playing and all that, but he knows what he's got to work with. To me, i's a testament to his coaching that we've been as close as we have been.

The Titans should have blown us out, but by playing conservative, he kept it close. The Jags are more talented than we are and Pederson is a SB winning coach, but Lovie was able to take advantage of them.

So, I'm not worried. Do we suck? Yes. We've sucked before, though. Hell, even when we've been good, we've sucked.

I just think we're finally on the right path.

Too

too many holes not enough time/capital to fill them

Exactly, Caserio/Lovie chose to use that capital on mostly defense and an attempt to fix the OL. Hopefully the high picks are spent on players that can fix the run game and provide the QB weapons regardless of who the QB is.

If it was me I would draft DT/DE in the 1st.

Then Speed and a C in the 2nd/3rd along with a TE. If I had to trade up to get a third pick in the 3rd rd I would do it and fill these holes.

This wouldn't fill all of the holes, but it would make the team much more interesting to watch.

Back