Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Nick Caserio - New GM

This is complete crap. Even the best GMs in the league miss on guys and you're attacking a poster on a message board for a couple of guys 10+ years ago that didn't pan out from his draft boards.Let's get back to FACTS - Texian's list of front office replacements for Tricky Rick and then the Brian Gaine and BOB/Easterby fiasco were FAR SUPERIOR to the Texans list and the guys they actually hired. His track record when it comes to coaches and the draft also have outperformed what the Texans have actually done. It's not exaggeration/hyperbole to say that the Texans would have been much better off with Texian running the show rather than BOB/Easterfuck. He has been posting for a long ass time and his opinion's and analysis are right up there with CloakNNNDagger's medical opinions about player injuries.

No doubt, we could have had the great Urban Meyer as our head coach if only they had followed his advice! :hmmm:

You’re inferring a lot from a little there. Nothing wrong with forming your own opinion but I was expecting something more concrete than speculation from a fan given how certain you sounded.

Also GM’s league wide use the same language. No GM is out there saying I, they all say we came to this decision, they all mention coaching input (Caserio himself mentioned coaching input post 2021 draft if I recall correctly). I’m sure every team goes about it slightly differently but more and more this is starting to seem like you guessing.
I'm telling you what Caserio actually said and what actually happened. I'm not telling you what you wanted to hear or wanted to happen. So of course I can see why you're skeptical.

Last edited:
No doubt, we could have had the great Urban Meyer as our head coach if only they had followed his advice! :hmmm:
Yes, I was on onboard thinking Urban Meyer would be a good hire. A big difference here is I'm man enough to admit my mistakes. That said most teams would probably have jumped at the opportunity to hire one of the most successful college head coaches ever. You included but your hindsight is such a beautiful thing. Even the lowly Urban Meyer wouldn't talk to the Texans. Urban Meyer was no worse than hiring David Culley.

Last edited:
I can't argue against that. But I would float the possibilities that a) Cal is not happy running the Texans, and b) the siblings are not happy with how Cal is running the Texans. There is where my hope lies.
This has been pretty much my argument (hope) for the McNairs to sell the team since Bob died. After 4 or 5 years under Cal the team would become embarrassing bad cellar dwellers, fans would abandon the team, and the team would become an embarrassment to the fans and the city. As a result, the other McNair siblings would have had enough, their greed becomes justified to sell and they convince Mama Janice that it's time to sell and divide the cash. Outside of that, the Texans are stuck with the McNairs.

I was talking about this with Steelbtexan and MrTexan last year when NC brought in Cannon and Britt.

I said I was against this. There were a few younger guys at roughly the same salary to 25% higher.

I was also against the Mills pick for the same reason; there were a few Olinemen and Dlinemen (big body) available, but NC had to waste a pick on a backup QB.

Oddly, they like Mills to various degree while saying the Texans should build a team first before drafting a QB in 2024.
They said they don't want the rookie QB to be ruined, but still hope that Mills will turn around.
What contradiction.
:)

Its not a contradiction...It's a hail mary pass b/c 1, Mills is was already here.....2, Mills was a late 3rd round flyer......Given those 2 factors alone, you may as well see what you have in him in a season you weren't expected to compete anyway. From his perspective, its not a great situation to succeed in...but again he's a 3rd round flyer noone was really expecting anything from anyway... so dems' da' breaks kid....Get in their and lets see what you can do. If he succeeds great, you found your guy. If not, you're not lost down the tubes for 3-4 years like you would if say you drafted a young qb in the top 3 or higher & threw him into the same situation...b/c any guy taken that high what you're saying there is you expect this guy to carry you into the future.

Its not a contradiction...It's a hail mary pass b/c 1, Mills is was already here.....2, Mills was a late 3rd round flyer......Given those 2 factors alone, you may as well see what you have in him in a season you weren't expected to compete anyway. From his perspective, its not a great situation to succeed in...but again he's a 3rd round flyer noone was really expecting anything from anyway... so dems' da' breaks kid....Get in their and lets see what you can do. If he succeeds great, you found your guy. If not, you're not lost down the tubes for 3-4 years like you would if say you drafted a young qb in the top 3 or higher & threw him into the same situation...b/c any guy taken that high what you're saying there is you expect this guy to carry you into the future.
I ain't drafting Mills to begin with.

I said I'd rather take an Olineman or a big body DT/NT.

There were a few of them available.

I ain't drafting Mills to begin with.

I said I'd rather take an Olineman or a big body DT/NT.

There were a few of them available.

who had about as much of a chance to turn into something special as Mills did….so reakly this just comes down to you didnt care for Mills as a prospect; draftnik stuff.

who had about as much of a chance to turn into something special as Mills did….so reakly this just comes down to you didnt care for Mills as a prospect; draftnik stuff.
I've always said that nowadays, teams need to have their third rounder (and oftentimes their fourth rounder) to become a viable starter with the way the player movement has been going on.

Quoted for truth

He's down on Caserio because he didn't like Mills pick.

Yes, I was on onboard thinking Urban Meyer would be a good hire. A big difference here is I'm man enough to admit my mistakes. That said most teams would probably have jumped at the opportunity to hire one of the most successful college head coaches ever. You included but your hindsight is such a beautiful thing. Even the lowly Urban Meyer wouldn't talk to the Texans. Urban Meyer was no worse than hiring David Culley.

I was just playing around. I enjoy your takes. I respect anyone that puts a lot of deep thought into this franchise, regardless if I agree with them or not. I don't have the patrience or motivation to give this organization much of my mental energy beyond helping with this forum. :tiphat:

This has been pretty much my argument (hope) for the McNairs to sell the team since Bob died. After 4 or 5 years under Cal the team would become embarrassing bad cellar dwellers, fans would abandon the team, and the team would become an embarrassment to the fans and the city. As a result, the other McNair siblings would have had enough, their greed becomes justified to sell and they convince Mama Janice that it's time to sell and divide the cash. Outside of that, the Texans are stuck with the McNairs.

Houston's football curse is to be forever stuck with owners who don't know who to hire and if they did (even by accident), don't know how to get out of their way.

Unfortunately, my own mental affliction is that the only sport I closely follow is pro football, and, I'm stuck in Houston. :crazy:

I doubt they ever sell this team. It's a cash cow with very little effort. I'd like to think someone in the McNair family could be our white knight, but like the Texans ever winning a SB, I know fiction when I see it.

All owners interfere with the operations of their team. There has even been speculation that Rooney does with the Steelers.

I wouldn't be surprised. The good ones know when their influence is needed and when it's not. And the best ones actually provide wisdom and insight that helps their franchises build consistently winning teams. Families like the Rooney's have probably forgotten more football knowledge than the McNairs have ever had.

I was just playing around. I enjoy your takes. I respect anyone that puts a lot of deep thought into this franchise, regardless if I agree with them or not. I don't have the patrience or motivation to give this organization much of my mental energy beyond helping with this forum. :tiphat:

I don't think the Texans are worth your patience or motivation, much less your patrience. I know myself I wouldn't give a patrience, considering their existence is unverified. I expect better science out of a mod.

Can’t deny I’m right
Can't admit it either. If you can't understand why Caserio is no longer allowed in the pressbox with a set of headphones then you will never understand. You're just another member of the Kool-Aid Brigade, not that there is anything wrong with that. You just subconsciously enjoy the misery and punishment that go with being a member.

Last edited:
Can't admit it either. If you can't understand why Caserio is no longer allowed in the pressbox with a set of headphones then you will never understand. You're just another member of the Kool-Aid Brigade, not that there is anything wrong with that. You just subconsciously enjoy the misery and punishment that go with being a member.
Lmao I have about a thimble worth of kool aid I just am running out for different reasons than you. It seems like I’ve helped you realize you were wrong about the rest but I’m unsure about this press box thing as I don’t have a video that I could find with a quick google search. Either way based off of everything else you said I’m guessing it’s an interaction you don’t have any actual insight on and that you’ve read far too much into.

Houston's football curse is to be forever stuck with owners who don't know who to hire and if they did (even by accident), don't know how to get out of their way.

Unfortunately, my own mental affliction is that the only sport I closely follow is pro football, and, I'm stuck in Houston. :crazy:

I doubt they ever sell this team. It's a cash cow with very little effort. I'd like to think someone in the McNair family could be our white knight, but like the Texans ever winning a SB, I know fiction when I see it.

I wouldn't be surprised. The good ones know when their influence is needed and when it's not. And the best ones actually provide wisdom and insight that helps their franchises build consistently winning teams. Families like the Rooney's have probably forgotten more football knowledge than the McNairs have ever had.
Hey you never know I think there’s been what 12 teams sold in the last 22 years. Seems to be getting more common

After last Sunday's performance, it appears Caserio would be wise to start wearing the headset again.

Quoted for truth

IMO, i hear the excuses made for him, but not for any other gms correct? I think he's done a solid job, I'm just tired of hearing how his hands were tied because of ownership or Esterbe. If its true Janice and Cal forced his hand to hire Culley and Lovie, that means Smith was forced to hire BOB and Casserly was forced to hire Capers correct? I don't care what you do and we have to remember there are only 32 gm spots, if Caserio feels as though his hand is forced on the important things and he can't do his job effectively, he should just quit like BB did with the Jets situation. Gaine got 1 draft, albeit not a good one and was out of there after supposedly being aligned with BOB. If we are to believe he's handicapped by Cal and Janice, then grab your bags and go, ortherwise deal with what the other previous gms dealt with. Stop making excuses is all I'm saying.

My question would be, what can you put your money into that's more profitable than the NFL?
I counter with you are a McNair sibling, would you rather continue to receive 15% of annual net profit of $100 million (and that might be high) or $750,000,000 in cash? Your 15% is $15 million a year. If you get an 8% yearly return on $750,000,000 that would be $60 million a year.

Lmao I have about a thimble worth of kool aid I just am running out for different reasons than you. It seems like I’ve helped you realize you were wrong about the rest but I’m unsure about this press box thing as I don’t have a video that I could find with a quick google search. Either way based off of everything else you said I’m guessing it’s an interaction you don’t have any actual insight on and that you’ve read far too much into.
Do more research and homework or ask almost anyone here. One of Lovie's first decisions as the new Texans head coach is to remove Nick from the coach's press box and take away his headset on gameday. Is your Google broken?

I counter with you are a McNair sibling, would you rather continue to receive 15% of annual profits of $200 million or $750,000,000 in cash? Your 15% is $30 million a year. If you get an 8% yearly return on $750,000,000 that would be $60 million a year.
I guess taxes on the sale aren't entering the equation. Not to mention low interest borrowing on your percentage.

The value of the franchise has gone up 360% in the last decade. But, the McNairs are ok with 8% annual?

IMO, i hear the excuses made for him, but not for any other gms correct? I think he's done a solid job, I'm just tired of hearing how his hands were tied because of ownership or Esterbe. If its true Janice and Cal forced his hand to hire Culley and Lovie, that means Smith was forced to hire BOB and Casserly was forced to hire Capers correct? I don't care what you do and we have to remember there are only 32 gm spots, if Caserio feels as though his hand is forced on the important things and he can't do his job effectively, he should just quit like BB did with the Jets situation. Gaine got 1 draft, albeit not a good one and was out of there after supposedly being aligned with BOB. If we are to believe he's handicapped by Cal and Janice, then grab your bags and go, ortherwise deal with what the other previous gms dealt with. Stop making excuses is all I'm saying.
He's got 30 million reasons to stay and he's not complaining.

I guess taxes on the sale aren't entering the equation. Not to mention low interest borrowing on your percentage.

The value of the franchise has gone up 360% in the last decade. But, the McNairs are ok with 8% annual?
If 8% is more money than their Texans % of net profits which they also have to pay taxes on then yes. I believe McNair siblings can make more $$$ each year off their % of the Texans' sale. An 8% return is not that difficult if you're buying munis, commercial paper (banks and insurance companies) and some high dividend stocks like MFIC (11.46%) NMFC (9.88%), PSEC (9.92%) for examples.

I'm not arguing your ROI, my point is looking at it from a McNair sibling point of view.

Kelly was kept on to try to appease Derrick. Again, not a Caserio decision.
Caserio kept Kelly to appease Derrick. That was a Caserio decision. Caserio FIRED him. That was a Caserio decision. Mills and the offense seem to do better under Kelly than they are with Pep. That is Lovie decision.

Quoted for truth

Nick Caserio is doing such a bang up job, the Texans look like a big pile of turd.

I told you guys that Cannon and Britt are not good pick ups.

Sauce is better than Stingley.

None of the three high picks is doing well right now.

You want to protect the QB but you're think my wanting an Olineman is hating on Mills?

Did you see how D Henry run roughsod over the entire Texans D?
And you're telling me they don't need a big fat guy in the middle?

Do more research and homework or ask almost anyone here. One of Lovie's first decisions as the new Texans head coach is to remove Nick from the coach's press box and take away his headset on gameday. Is your Google broken?

Ahh I misunderstood the context I thought you meant a press event. Yeah uh a coach not having the general manager in their ear during the game is your proof that Lovie has pushed aside Caserio in decision making?

Again this is you and me two outsiders with not a ton of information but a coach taking the GM out of his ear on gameday is incredibly reasonable and not what I would consider evidence of Caserio being pushed aside.

Nick came into a really F’d up situation. Come on 76. We all knew him or any other GM wouldn’t have cleaned this crap up that quickly. It’s going to take at least another 2 years or more to fix what Janice and Cal messed up.

Nick came into a really F’d up situation. Come on 76. We all knew him or any other GM wouldn’t have cleaned this crap up that quickly. It’s going to take at least another 2 years or more to fix what Janice and Cal messed up.
Wait, what? I thought you were the president of the things can turn quickly look at the Bengals fan club.

Reactions: JB
He's so full of himself and his blind hate for all things post Keenum that he's going to slant his takes the way he wants so he sounds better

If its true Janice and Cal forced his hand to hire Culley and Lovie
al and Janice, then grab your bags and go, ortherwise deal with what the other previous gms dealt with
My thing is if he’s being forced to do this, or that… if the f.o. handicaps him in anyway… he’s not the man we’re looking for.

We need someone to tell the McNairs what they think, like Easterby, who knows how to build & run an NFL franchise.

Kubiak was that guy for a little while, then somehow Rick charmed them. Then they fell in love with O’Brien, then Easterby(?)

If Nick can’t sell a parachute to these yahoos when the plane is in a nosedive, he’s not the one.

Easterby is gone you say, looks like Nick is in charge you say.

I’m not so sure. Looks like Lovie has slid into the McNairs favor. I’d be ok with that if he could stop the run.

I counter with you are a McNair sibling, would you rather continue to receive 15% of annual net profit of $100 million (and that might be high) or $750,000,000 in cash? Your 15% is $15 million a year. If you get an 8% yearly return on $750,000,000 that would be $60 million a year.
Reminds me of the lottery without the risk.

He's so full of himself and his blind hate for all things post Keenum that he's going to slant his takes the way he wants so he sounds better
Until the Texans stop digging the hole they’re in, he’s right. Texian is right. Texans look like Barnum & Bailey.

any “theory” explaining the Texans woes is going to look plausible.

Until the Texans stop digging the hole they’re in, he’s right. Texian is right. Texans look like Barnum & Bailey.

any “theory” explaining the Texans woes is going to look plausible.

not really…especially if your suggestions are trash…as most of Texian’s are. Dude’s the only guy i keep on ignore.

and its not like every other franchise is having tremendous more success either. All but 4-5 franchises in the NFL have some issue with players, coaching or front office or owner. We unfortunately have an issue with 2-3 of those right now.

That money is guaranteed regardless. Even if he quit,resigns or whatever, he's getting paid. The McNairs were paying 3 gms at the same time and you claim they cheap on top of paying 2 coaches at the same time and Esterbunny and his 3m.
Did not know GM's contracts are guaranteed.

Back