Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Nick Caserio - New GM

Just imagine if he had an offense around him to go with those talented WRs.

Doesn't take a good coach to put up gaudy passing yards with a QB drafted in the top 15 & two 1st round WRs.

LMAO

If it was only as simple as you make it out to be.

Mills looked much better in that offense than he does in the current offense.

Yeah, 6 games in.

He looks about the same as he did in his 1st five starts last season

OK if you cant see thedifference I'm certainly not going to be able to convince you.

But think about this, in your mind Derrick was able to lead the NFL in passing in a QB unfriendly offense. In your mind did Derrick also feed the disciples fish and walk on water? I mean after all he was baptized in the River Jordan.

Now drafting has gotten easy? There must be quite a few complete idiots out there in your opinion?

Regardless I'm hoping Caserio can add at least 6 more star/solid starter level players. I'm hoping for Carter and Washington in the 1st and Edge Sanders in the 2nd. Followed by Achane/Stromberg and after a trade up into the 3rd for one of Mingo/Tillman/Rahsee Rice.

See how easy that was to add 6 difference makers. Man this stuff is easy. LOL Truth is they can add 6 or 7 guys that will upgrade the current roster. Which speaks more to the current talent on the roster than anything. What do you think of your guy Sewell? He's just been OK this yr in what little bit I've seen the Ducks. I think the other LB on the Ducks, (His name escapes me) has had a better yr. That dude is a fast LB.

But trust me, it's easy for us to play around with this stuff, but it ain't easy.

the resident idiot final 2022 Mock Draft -
Now drafting has gotten easy? There must be quite a few complete idiots out there in your opinion?

Regardless I'm hoping Caserio can add at least 6 more star/solid starter level players. I'm hoping for Carter and Washington in the 1st and Edge Sanders in the 2nd. Followed by Achane/Stromberg and after a trade up into the 3rd for one of Mingo/Tillman/Rahsee Rice.

See how easy that was to add 6 difference makers. Man this stuff is easy. LOL Truth is they can add 6 or 7 guys that will upgrade the current roster. Which speaks more to the current talent on the roster than anything. What do you think of your guy Sewell? He's just been OK this yr in what little bit I've seen the Ducks. I think the other LB on the Ducks, (His name escapes me) has had a better yr. That dude is a fast LB.

But trust me, it's easy for us to play around with this stuff, but it ain't easy.

Unusually deep draft class, makes it a whole lot easier for anyone worth their salt. Petri and Pierce however, where best picks and even better value.

the resident idiot final 2022 Mock Draft -

Unusually deep draft class, makes it a whole lot easier for anyone worth their salt. Petri and Pierce however, where best picks and even better value.
Stingley was a great pick too, if he can stay healthy.

For the record I had Sauce over Stingley do to health.

Without the health issues Stingley would have been my guy.

Do you feel the same way about the upcoming draft as you did the last draft? I think this is a very shallow draft, minus the TE/RB/edge positions.

OK if you cant see thedifference I'm certainly not going to be able to convince you.

But think about this, in your mind Derrick was able to lead the NFL in passing in a QB unfriendly offense. In your mind did Derrick also feed the disciples fish and walk on water? I mean after all he was baptized in the River Jordan.
Are you saying Derrick improved as a QB under BO’b & learned to operate within an NFL Offense?

Stingley was a great pick too, if he can stay healthy.

For the record I had Sauce over Stingley do to health.

Without the health issues Stingley would have been my guy.

Do you feel the same way about the upcoming draft as you did the last draft? I think this is a very shallow draft, minus the TE/RB/edge positions.

last year was loaded especially WR interior OL, DB, LB and DE. One of the best draft classes I’ve ever seen, minus QB void.

This year, two franchise QB’s and one DE Will Anderson stand out. Little better depth @ DT and TE but maybe only half the blue chip, legitimate 1st rd. graded prospects. So after top 10 will be a pickers market and better test of Caserio drafting acumen.

It’s not rocket science so don’t make it harder than it has to be. These “professionals” get paid millions of dollars to do what any number of posters could do, with no pay, resources, inside information and personal interviews/workouts. I see nothing special about him, he just talks fast and knows how to play the showmanship game. That’s not what’s required in my book, it’s the eye of a natural talent evaluator, who can break down prospects with limited required details and make quick insightful projections with unblemished record. That’s when it gets hard.

Agreed about everything but this QB class.

Much respect of your opinion.

C’mon man!

If either Murray or Stroud where in last years class, Jags would have traded down and another player would have gone #1 not named Travon Walker. Great as Hutchinson is, Geoff is not the answer so other QB would be motor city bound. Maybe Matt Rhule would still have his job if they could have addressed their QB disaster? Then there the Texans. Your a Mills guy, I get and respect that but he is not the answer, if we have a shot at one, let’s go!

C’mon man!

If either Murray or Stroud where in last years class, Jags would have traded down and another player would have gone #1 not named Travon Walker. Great as Hutchinson is, Geoff is not the answer so other QB would be motor city bound. Maybe Matt Rhule would still have his job if they could have addressed their QB disaster? Then there the Texans. Your a Mills guy, I get and respect that but he is not the answer, if we have a shot at one, let’s go!
I want the Texans to draft a franchise QB too. This isn't the yr to do it. IMHO

Let me ask you this, be is there a Herbert level guy in this class? I'm thinking not, so I'll pass on this QB class

In another thread, you yourself said it was easy enough for posters on this board could draft. Remember that or are you crawfishing again?

In another thread, you yourself said it was easy enough for posters on this board could draft. Remember that or are you crawfishing again?
I don't remember saying that.
What I probably said was I would be better than RS at drafting players. Which after a decade of drafts, I have no doubt I could've done a better job than him.

If course after the 1st rd a blind man could throw darts at the draft board and do a better job than him.

Last edited:
It’s not rocket science so don’t make it harder than it has to be. These “professionals” get paid millions of dollars to do what any number of posters could do, with no pay, resources, inside information and personal interviews/workouts. I see nothing special about him, he just talks fast and knows how to play the showmanship game. That’s not what’s required in my book, it’s the eye of a natural talent evaluator, who can break down prospects with limited required details and make quick insightful projections with unblemished record. That’s when it gets hard.

I liked his last draft

I want to agree with you, but I see you have C.J. Stroud as your sig. LOL

We, as Texans, have a QB fixation that borders on every emotion out there, from the very first pick ever in franchise history that afflicts us all. It’s difficult to trust, not feel abandonment, loss of happiness with results or leadership void.

Besides all the football acumen, these are the important things we have to overcome and deal with moving forward. To address the most difficult and important position in sports has only been magnified in H-Town. We need a very special person who can handle all our pain, frustration and still produce at a high level. It’s ridiculously early to anoint “the one” let’s just let it play out for now, try and keep an open mind and imagine what if?
texanpride

We, as Texans, have a QB fixation that borders on every emotion out there, from the very first pick ever in franchise history that afflicts us all. It’s difficult to trust, not feel abandonment, loss of happiness with results or leadership void.

Besides all the football acumen, these are the important things we have to overcome and deal with moving forward. To address the most difficult and important position in sports has only been magnified in H-Town. We need a very special person who can handle all our pain, frustration and still produce at a high level. It’s ridiculously early to anoint “the one” let’s just let it play out for now, try and keep an open mind and imagine what if?
texanpride
I feel like Texans had the one, but the dysfunction of the organization and himself, now the team is in search of another one. They don't grow on trees, but I'm in the corner of you have to get one or the team will always have to look for one. A franchise qb has to be an eraser because of the cap and can't be the reason why you're not in the mix. You can build the best roster in the nfl under the guidlines and not come close to winning it because of the qb shortcomings. Of course draft grades are in the eyes of the evaluator regardless if the team overall is ready. There are no foundational pieces risk free especially if they're high drafted and are avg or mediocre. Its 20/20 on what ifs. Imagine drafting and devloping Titus and Orlando Brown Jr in the same draft. Imagine Andrews at te vs Akins and Thomas in that same draft. Think if Sio and Martin were quality starters vs just avg. Those were supposed to be trench players who weren't good and look at the existing trench players. How about Texans just drafting the rb from Wisconsin vs Blacklock and recycling players like DJ? Whatever the team does, they have to be successful drafting players and supplementing with fa.

I feel like Texans had the one, but the dysfunction of the organization and himself, now the team is in search of another one. They don't grow on trees, but I'm in the corner of you have to get one or the team will always have to look for one. A franchise qb has to be an eraser because of the cap and can't be the reason why you're not in the mix. You can build the best roster in the nfl under the guidlines and not come close to winning it because of the qb shortcomings. Of course draft grades are in the eyes of the evaluator regardless if the team overall is ready. There are no foundational pieces risk free especially if they're high drafted and are avg or mediocre. Its 20/20 on what ifs. Imagine drafting and devloping Titus and Orlando Brown Jr in the same draft. Imagine Andrews at te vs Akins and Thomas in that same draft. Think if Sio and Martin were quality starters vs just avg. Those were supposed to be trench players who weren't good and look at the existing trench players. How about Texans just drafting the rb from Wisconsin vs Blacklock and recycling players like DJ? Whatever the team does, they have to be successful drafting players and supplementing with fa.
I completely agree. However, this team can’t do anything right. Can’t run. Can’t play defense.

Again, if I see the next Justin Herbert I’m going to go get him. If I see the next might be Justin Herbert I’m going to pass. I’m not interested in the next Cam Newton.

I completely agree. However, this team can’t do anything right. Can’t run. Can’t play defense.

Again, if I see the next Justin Herbert I’m going to go get him. If I see the next might be Justin Herbert I’m going to pass. I’m not interested in the next Cam Newton.
Nobody knew Herbert would be Herbert until he became Herbert. I don't remember anyone saying Herbert was going to be what he turned out to be. There's the the issue. Same with Mahomes, Allen, and a slew of other qb's who turned out awesome. Hell, Rodgers went from possible top pick to almost falling out of the 1st rd. That's why gm's get fired and some get extensions.

Nobody knew Herbert would be Herbert until he became Herbert. I don't remember anyone saying Herbert was going to be what he turned out to be. There's the the issue. Same with Mahomes, Allen, and a slew of other qb's who turned out awesome. Hell, Rodgers went from possible top pick to almost falling out of the 1st rd. That's why gm's get fired and some get extensions.

His hello calling was the Rose Bowl. That’s when I was hoping Chargers would draft him but didn’t say anything to jinx it.
:wesmantexanfan:

Beerlover knew and he called his shot before that draft. I thought Herbert was a good prospect, but he really won me over at the Sr. Bowl. Supposedly he looked great down in Mobile. You probably know this better than anybody since you go to the Sr. Bowl regularly?

Beerlover knew and he called his shot before that draft. I thought Herbert was a good prospect, but he really won me over at the Sr. Bowl. Supposedly he looked great down in Mobile. You probably know this better than anybody since you go to the Sr. Bowl regularly?
I didn't go that year, that was Covid. I liked him coming out, but I didn't know he would be this good honestly. Normally I sit with Pat and Jim and watch the qb's during practice.

Plenty people thought Herbert was the bees knees. Two here advocated trading Watson to get him.

Somebody in LA thought enough to take him with the 6th pick. Same with all those other guys. It only takes one.

Sorry to say….I thought Herbert was the perfect QB1 for OB and Kelly’s offense. OB wanted a pocket passer who could see over the offensive and defensive lines aka Ben Rothlisberger.

To show once again where I was on Herbert…..I thought the Texans should’ve offered Watson to the Chargers to gain their pick in RD1 to ensure their best opportunity to select Herbert.

I believe the old post(s) are here for the finding. I don’t see any RD1 Herbert’s in the 2023 NFL Draft, but there could be some non media darlings in RD2 and RD3 that really might surprise some folks. QB’s who get the call after RD1 have a much better chance of falling into the hands of team that’s not needing a QB1 immediately and may get the time to mature before taking the reins.

Sorry to say….I thought Herbert was the perfect QB1 for OB and Kelly’s offense. OB wanted a pocket passer who could see over the offensive and defensive lines aka Ben Rothlisberger.

To show once again where I was on Herbert…..I thought the Texans should’ve offered Watson to the Chargers to gain their pick in RD1 to ensure their best opportunity to select Herbert.

I believe the old post(s) are here for the finding. I don’t see any RD1 Herbert’s in the 2023 NFL Draft, but there could be some non media darlings in RD2 and RD3 that really might surprise some folks. QB’s who get the call after RD1 have a much better chance of falling into the hands of team that’s not needing a QB1 immediately and may get the time to mature before taking the reins.
I remember this and I was on board due to the 15% rule and the fact that I don't think Derrick is a what most around here think he is, I'm talking about on field performance.

That could be true, but nobody talks about the lack of run game, ol problems or foundational pieces until now, which is my point. To be fair, Herbert hasn't even led his team to the playoffs regardless pf his production. I like Herbert alot and he's a definition of franchise qb. Regardless of the system, he has to get his team in the dance at least right or what are we really talking about?

That could be true, but nobody talks about the lack of run game, ol problems or foundational pieces until now, which is my point. To be fair, Herbert hasn't even led his team to the playoffs regardless pf his production. I like Herbert alot and he's a definition of franchise qb. Regardless of the system, he has to get his team in the dance at least right or what are we really talking about?

Not to argue one way or another, but I think Herbert is a coach away from making the next step. Did Manning make the playoffs with Mora ever? I have to Google that now.

Last year didn’t his coach make some WTF coaching calls in the last game to make the playoffs? Didn’t they have a chance to end in a tie but the coach messed it up? I have to Google that now.

Not to argue one way or another, but I think Herbert is a coach away from making the next step. Did Manning make the playoffs with Mora ever? I have to Google that now.

Last year didn’t his coach make some WTF coaching calls in the last game to make the playoffs? Didn’t they have a chance to end in a tie but the coach messed it up? I have to Google that now.
Peyton made the playoffs is 2nd yr , missed his 3rd, and didn't miss again. I need to google also. Could be the case with the coach, but he lost to a team with a sub roster also. Lets not get into semantics, Herbert is a franchise qb. My thing is if Caserio recognizes a franchise qb in this draft or the next, you can't not draft him regardless of what's in place. The Bills don't have a great oline or great rb's, but they have that dude that was the 3rd drafted qb in his class. Herbert was also the 3rd drafted qb in his class.

That could be true, but nobody talks about the lack of run game, ol problems or foundational pieces until now, which is my point
Texans lack of those things? Nah... we were saying the same thing when we complained about taking a QB with the pick they used on Mills. Made no sense then. imo, not enough has changed since.

Reactions: JB

A team that's had major injuries and below average depth. No QB1 in NFL history has dragged a dumpster fire of a team deep into the playoffs. On the other hand, there's been enough cases of very good teams helping an average NFL QB1 to the playoffs and/or Super Bowl.....it might not be a horrible assumption to assume building the team first has proven to be a better route.

No matter how folks feel about Watson, he was pretty much the only reason OB made the playoffs when they did. I didn't like what Watson, the person, became when the curtain was pulled back....but I'm never going to crap on Watson the player. Watson never arrived to the field with a give-up attitude, the guy wanted to win games. Even when the team around him was shite. The never had the right talent evaluators on the staff b/c they certainly burned up a lot of picks for nothing players. Texans did the same thing to Carr, although it appears Carr gave up on the Texans sooner than they gave up on him. Now it comes down to how will this organization handle Mills and the team they're going to put around him?

Last edited:
A team that's had major injuries and below average depth. No QB1 in NFL history has dragged a dumpster fire of a team deep into the playoffs. On the other hand, there's been enough cases of very good teams helping an average NFL QB1 to the playoffs and/or Super Bowl to assume building the team first might be the best route.

No matter how folks feel about Watson, he was pretty much the only reason OB made the playoffs when they did. I didn't like what Watson, the person, became when the curtain was pulled back....but I'm never going to crap on Watson the player. Watson never arrived to the field with a give-up attitude, the guy wanted to win games. Even when the team around him was shite. The never had the right talent evaluators on the staff b/c they certainly burned up a lot of picks for nothing players. Texans did the same thing to Carr, although it appears Carr gave up on the Texans sooner than they gave up on him. Now it comes down to how will this organization handle Mills and the team they're going to put around him?
That’s why I don’t see nothing wrong with drafting one of these quarterbacks in the 2023 draft. That’s if Caserio and company thinks he’s the guy. They have a total of 11 picks in 2023. Caserio have shown us thus far, that him and his team have an eye for talent throughout the entire draft. They will still be able to build the rest of the roster. And if they decides to wait until 2024 to go after a quarterback. Then I will be fine with that as well. Some fans gets hung up on how they want the Texans to do this and do that. But at the end of the day Nick is the one getting paid to do that particular job. So far he’s done a pretty good job.

Last edited:
That’s why I don’t see nothing wrong with drafting one of these quarterbacks in the 2023 draft. That’s if Caserio and company thinks he’s the guy. They have a total of 11 picks in 2023. Caserio have shown us thus far, that him and his team have an eye for talent throughout the entire draft. They will still be able to build the rest of the roster. And if they decides to wait until 2024 to go after a quarterback. Then I will be fine with that as well. Some fans gets hung up on how they want the Texans to do this and do that. But at the end of the day Nick is the one getting paid to do that particular job. So far he’s done a pretty good job.

I'm guessing Nick Foles is going to become available sooner rather than later. I wanted the Texans to pursue him before they drafted Mills and certainly would like to see them pounce on the chance to get him if the Colts cut him. The Texans have never brought in a solid veteran QB1 to bridge a short or long developmental gap for a rookie QB1. Texans could've easily justified this for Mills since he was a RD3 investment. I'd really like to exhaust the best avenues available before dropping another RD1 pick on a rookie QB1.

Last edited:
A team that's had major injuries and below average depth. No QB1 in NFL history has dragged a dumpster fire of a team deep into the playoffs. On the other hand, there's been enough cases of very good teams helping an average NFL QB1 to the playoffs and/or Super Bowl.....it might not be a horrible assumption to assume building the team first has proven to be a better route.

Yet he gave up in Kansas City

51-7

Loser mentality.

True

I will support the new QB regardless.

However I dont think it's wrong to build the team out 1st and pick your QB in 2024. Going with a QB in 2023 is just burning a yr on your QB's rookie contract and limiting your opportunities to win championships. IMHO

Last edited:
No matter how folks feel about Watson, he was pretty much the only reason OB made the playoffs when they did.

O'Brien made the playoffs in 2015 with Brian Hoyer at QB.

He made the playoffs in 2016 with Brock Osweiler at QB.

O'Brien had Watson in 2018 and 2019 for those playoff runs.

I know the distaste for O'Brien is strong with Texans fans, but he's still the 2nd best HC this team has had. Obviously, the caveat is that he's also the worst GM this franchise has ever had. lol

O'Brien made the playoffs in 2015 with Brian Hoyer at QB.

He made the playoffs in 2016 with Brock Osweiler at QB.

O'Brien had Watson in 2018 and 2019 for those playoff runs.

I know the distaste for O'Brien is strong with Texans fans, but he's still the 2nd best HC this team has had. Obviously, the caveat is that he's also the worst GM this franchise has ever had. lol

So who then would you say was the best, if OB is 2nd best?

Back