Support and keep Texans Talk going. Make a donation here.

Nick Caserio - New GM

beerlover

Hall of Fame
I think he is saying if we have pick 1.1 then trade that pick for multiple firsts to a team who wants Bryce Young and keep Mills.

But I think Seattle will be drafting 1.1 and will get Bryce Young. Cleveland close to Seattle and will be drafting at 1.2 which we will get. I can see the Texans being in the top ten though.
Yes sir, Mills is our franchise QB.

We have no idea who finishes where? Point is to maximize draft capital period. Something this franchise has fared miserably over its tenure in the league.

Really hate rehashing past drafts, we can’t do anything about. But if they really wanted Stingley trade down for Christ sakes, add draft capital then select him. Far as Kenyon, that’s real high to select OG with so few weapons for Mills. I could see it more if he kicks outside, which he may eventually do, but for now it’s not good value.

Drafting for need, Linderbaum, a true franchise Center would have been more important piece or Zion, who is a true inside player, that could kick into Center.

Texian

Hall of Fame
The last paragraph I agree with.

I also think Green is going to be a very good player for a long time.
I could probably overlook Green's disappointing athleticism if he were strong but his bench of only 20 also indicates he is weak. Which makes me wonder, was he only doing enough to get by, coasting while at A&M? It's going to take him a couple of years minimum to catch up with the average athleticism of an NFL OL. IMHO I think Lovie promised Warhop this pick as an incentive to sign on as Lovie's OL coach. If I had to take an OG at #15 I would've drafted Cole Strange but my draft had Devonte Wyatt at #15. Ideally, I would've stayed at #13 and drafted Jordan Davis.

Last edited:

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Nobody saw that coming. Since being in the nfl, Houston and others haven't had any issues.
Yes sir that's true of course it was out of the blue and I'm in no way faulting the Texans organization for drafting a tremendous talent who turns out to have what in retrospect seems to have been some latent tendencies that proved to be very destructive.

beerlover

Hall of Fame
Not a 3rd rounder with college injury history and a "he got better in his 2nd season" on his resume. You only do that with a Russell Wilson type resume and production.
Hopefully Mills will be the Texans version of Wilson and we can think about making that trade in 10 years or so.
Not trading Mills. If Bryce Young still on the board (not owning 1st overall selection) and Caserio can get a plus package in exchange, then you do it. Lot of points other posters submitted I agree with as well. We’re in building mode and need infuse of elite playmakers not just one.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
I am willing to bet that a picture of Caserio with a headset on will be shown at some point. That is what GMs do from time to time.

Caserio won’t be advising on plays and calls like he had to do with Culley.

Texian

Hall of Fame
I am willing to bet that a picture of Caserio with a headset on will be shown at some point. That is what GMs do from time to time.

Caserio won’t be advising on plays and calls like he had to do with Culley.
Listening to the game and Marc Vandermeer on the Houston Texan's flagship sports radio station 610.