Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Nick Caserio - New GM

I wish we could see how many posters have us on ignore lol. Would wear it like a badge of honor.
The only reason I have anyone on ignore is so I don't run the risk of breaking the rules around here replying to all their ignorance. Plus it's amusing to think that they take the time to reply to me and I still don't see their ignorance.

The only reason I have anyone on ignore is so I don't run the risk of breaking the rules around here replying to all their ignorance. Plus it's amusing to think that they take the time to reply to me and I still don't see their ignorance.

I reply to you knowing you have me on ignore so it will create conversation with others. You're really kind of wrapped up into yourself thinking posters you have on ignore care about what you think. I'm speaking for myself when I say your thoughts have no significance in my world. I look at things this way, you dont want to talk to me fine, doesn't hurt my feelings. It just gives me more time to talk to people that I enjoy conversing with.

Still waiting for Nick Caserio to show me something that would indicate that he knows what he's doing. Looking for a sign. Any sign.

17fc89da63b8a1e2cee12b5574ec0b58.jpg

I reply to you knowing you have me on ignore so it will create conversation with others. You're really kind of wrapped up into yourself thinking posters you have on ignore care about what you think. I'm speaking for myself when I say your thoughts have no significance in my world. I look at things this way, you dont want to talk to me fine, doesn't hurt my feelings. It just gives me more time to talk to people that I enjoy conversing with.
FTR - I have several people on ignore. My only purpose for doing so is I won't have to wade through all of the Kool Aid each time I visit. It's a Kool Aid filter.

Last edited:
FTR - I have several people on ignore. My only purpose for doing so is I won't have to wade through all of the Kool Aid each time I visit. It's Kool Aid filter.

Yep, there's 1 poster that I disagree with and he ropes me in and I spend way to much time replying to him. Ignore helps me refrain from wasting my time.

Yep, there's 1 poster that I disagree with and he ropes me in and I spend way to much time replying to him. Ignore helps me refrain from wasting my time.
It is quite evident that a few in the Kool Aid Brigade detest my every post. My guess is most are young and still full of hope and optimism. I've spent years wallowing in all of that hope and optimism. Always things will be better next year. After about 20 years of that crapola the light finally came on (slow learner). My advice to some in the brigade is put me on ignore like I do you. That way I can stop living in your head rent free. I can assure you no one from the brigade is living in my head. Some want me banned or censored. Do it, do it yourself, use the Ignore button. That's what it is for, unless of course, you enjoy me raining on all of your hope and optimism.

It is quite evident that a few in the Kool Aid Brigade detest my every post. My guess is most are young and still full of hope and optimism. I've spent years wallowing in all of that hope and optimism. Always things will be better next year. After about 20 years of that crapola the light finally came on (slow learner). My advice to some in the brigade is put me on ignore like I do you. That way I can stop living in your head rent free. I can assure you no one from the brigade is living in my head. Some want me banned or censored. Do it, do it yourself, use the Ignore button. That's what it is for, unless of course, you enjoy me raining on all of your hope and optimism.

Even though we disagree, I really enjoy the debate with you. Unlike some we can disagree and still joke around with each other. Some could look at this and learn things. We know this is unlikely to happen because some people's desire to be right eats away at their sense of humor.

History says you will most likely be correct as long as the McNair's own the team. I'm just glad they decided to fully embrace the rebuild. This way as a fan I feel like they have a chance to win. I haven't felt this way since 51-7.

I also enjoy the process of a rebuild and so far I like what Caserio's done. (I know you disagree with me on this.) That doesn't make me a koolaid drinker or think everything Caserio has done so far has been the right to do. The juries still out on the rebuild because we dont know how Caserio will do in the draft over the next couple of yrs. Plus if Caserio will be getting extra picks from the Derrick fiasco.

Even though we disagree, I really enjoy the debate with you. Unlike some we can disagree and still joke around with each other. Some could look at this and learn things. We know this is unlikely to happen because some people's desire to be right eats away at their sense of humor.

History says you will most likely be correct as long as the McNair's own the team. I'm just glad they decided to fully embrace the rebuild. This way as a fan I feel like they have a chance to win. I haven't felt this way since 51-7.

I also enjoy the process of a rebuild and so far I like what Caserio's done. (I know you disagree with me on this.) That doesn't make me a koolaid drinker or think everything Caserio has done so far has been the right to do. The juries still out on the rebuild because we dont know how Caserio will do in the draft over the next couple of yrs. Plus if Caserio will be getting extra picks from the Derrick fiasco.
For the most part, those I have on ignore tend to be a tad mean spirited. Those type of comments I have no time for.

Texian, there is no living in another’s head. Opinions and thoughts…..that’s all they are. The curtain hasn’t been pulled back on any member on this board outside of those who have had an opportunity to meet up in person. For all anyone knows, you could be nothing more than an 18 year old mouth breather who wants infamy behind the cloak of a keyboard while living in Dad and Mom’s basement.

Unfortunately, until folks start dropping verifiable photos, copies of degrees, etc……opinions and thoughts, that’s all we are sharing…..unless we meet in person and pull the curtain away.

Texian, there is no living in another’s head. Opinions and thoughts…..that’s all they are. The curtain hasn’t been pulled back on any member on this board outside of those who have had an opportunity to meet up in person. For all anyone knows, you could be nothing more than an 18 year old mouth breather who wants infamy behind the cloak of a keyboard while living in Dad and Mom’s basement.

Unfortunately, until folks start dropping verifiable photos, copies of degrees, etc……opinions and thoughts, that’s all we are sharing…..unless we meet in person and pull the curtain away.
I must have hit a nerve. Living in one's head rent free is an idiom.

Last edited:
Reactions: JB

For an old school guy, you would think he knows this already.

I must have hit a nerve. Living in one's head rent free is an idiom.

No nerve….just trying to figure out why some folks think they’ve reached some kind of mythical milestone b/c they’re under the impression they’ve elevated themselves to living in another members head’s. Quite silly to be completely honest. This is nothing more than a forum to exchange ideas and thoughts, not to earn bragging rights. If bragging rights are desired get a job in the Texans FO….unfortunately no one would know who that individual may be b/c of the cloak of secrecy we live behind on this board.

Let's cut Nick some slack. He will go in front of a lot of cameras next week and have to lie about believing that Josh McCown will be the head coach to lead the Texans to championship seasons. Sure, he is getting $30 million to do it. That doesn't make it easy.

No nerve….just trying to figure out why some folks think they’ve reached some kind of mythical milestone b/c they’re under the impression they’ve elevated themselves to living in another members head’s. Quite silly to be completely honest. This is nothing more than a forum to exchange ideas and thoughts, not to earn bragging rights. If bragging rights are desired get a job in the Texans FO….unfortunately no one would know who that individual may be b/c of the cloak of secrecy we live behind on this board.
IDIOM - An idiom is a phrase, saying, or a group of words with a metaphorical (not literal) meaning, which has become accepted in common usage. Source: www.theidioms.com

See last 2 pages of TexansTalk Official Rules - Updated. I wasn't anywhere close to being in this ballpark and was oblivious to all ongoing conversations and yet I was still able to generate a lot of conversation. I may not have been living in those minds rent free but now I sure do have free tickets at the ballpark will call window whether I am there or 1000 miles away. Metaphorically speaking, of course.

Last edited:
Let's cut Nick some slack. He will go in front of a lot of cameras next week and have to lie about believing that Josh McCown will be the head coach to lead the Texans to championship seasons. Sure, he is getting $30 million to do it. That doesn't make it easy.

How about us not jumping to conclusions?

What the heck? There's no fun in that. LOL

Oh man! I am adding you to my Chicken Little Peckers list. So much doom and gloom!

It is ruining my Kool Aid way of life!

Still waiting for Nick Caserio to show me something that would indicate that he knows what he's doing. Looking for a sign. Any sign.

He uses a lot of flowery gm-speak, and says “quite honestly” and “frankly” and “candidly” to preface anything he ever says. So he has that going for him. I put alot of credibility in superficial things like that, that’s for sure. Never mind how the product on the field looks.

Just so you know you and @steelbtexan are the only two members of the Kool Aid Brigade that I do not have on ignore.
Well, Kool aid is way better than the piss in your Cheerios this morning.
I like tropical punch and blue raspberry. Way better than your piss soaked breakfast cereal. I'm sure you'll argue your urine drenched cereal is better but we'll just have to agree to disagree.
Bon appetit.

Well, Kool aid is way better than the piss in your Cheerios this morning.
I like tropical punch and blue raspberry. Way better than your piss soaked breakfast cereal. I'm sure you'll argue your urine drenched cereal is better but we'll just have to agree to disagree.
Bon appetit.
Or I can put you on ignore.

He uses a lot of flowery gm-speak, and says “quite honestly” and “frankly” and “candidly” to preface anything he ever says. So he has that going for him. I put alot of credibility in superficial things like that, that’s for sure. Never mind how the product on the field looks.
Don't forget "right" can't leave out "right" right?

My confidence in Caserio is waning. I think he is a pretty good draft talent evaluator - he did well in the 2021 draft considering the position - but his ability to hire the right head coach is concerning. IMO, he isn't even talking to or considering several potential candidates that he should be, and some of those he is talking to are unqualified. He must be looking for a Unicorn. The Culley hire was very curious and proved to be a mistake - STRIKE one.

Just goes to prove that old saying 'Be careful for what you wish for'. I whined & moaned when O'Brien had all the power about wanting a GM with teeth. Now we have Caserio & I'm already becoming disenchanted with a GM that seems to usurp what should be the HC's role.

I guess with the Texans they are damned if they do and damned if they don't as far as I'm concerned.

If Caserio is being hamstrung by Easterby and Cal……then grow some balls and call them out for their meddling. I’d rather see him walk away from the Texans and put the spotlight squarely on Cal and Easterby than sit around Kirby watching them attach strings to every limb so they can dangle him through an opening in a box.

My confidence in Caserio is waning. I think he is a pretty good draft talent evaluator - he did well in the 2021 draft considering the position - but his ability to hire the right head coach is concerning. IMO, he isn't even talking to or considering several potential candidates that he should be, and some of those he is talking to are unqualified. He must be looking for a Unicorn. The Culley hire was very curious and proved to be a mistake - STRIKE one.

Why was the Culley hire a mistake? Do you think Culley was a long term hire? If so then it was a mistake. Let's see who's hired and give them a couple of years before making this judgement. This includes McCown if he's the hire.

Just goes to prove that old saying 'Be careful for what you wish for'. I whined & moaned when O'Brien had all the power about wanting a GM with teeth. Now we have Caserio & I'm already becoming disenchanted with a GM that seems to usurp what should be the HC's role.

I guess with the Texans they are damned if they do and damned if they don't as far as I'm concerned.
Did you like the Caserio hire to begin with?

I like the 1 man in charge of the on field product model

If Caserio is being hamstrung by Easterby and Cal……then grow some balls and call them out for their meddling. I’d rather see him walk away from the Texans and put the spotlight squarely on Cal and Easterby than sit around Kirby watching them attach strings to every limb so they can dangle him through an opening in a box.

Agreed,

Easy to say, but it's not easy to walk away from 30 mil.

He must be looking for a Unicorn.
I don't know how you get to this conclusion. He doesn't appear to be looking for anything special.

but his ability to hire the right head coach is concerning
I do agree.

But considering where our assumptions started, I'm sure none of us understand him at all.

We thought for sure he had a plan where Culley was just a placeholder. That he had his next HC ready to step in.

We thought he was going to bring in a Patriot buddy.

We were wrong on both accounts, unless you are one who believes the last three weeks were a performance to acclimate us to Josh McCown (which we'll find out soon enough).

The Culley hire was very curious and proved to be a mistake - STRIKE one.
BALL....

The pitch wasn't anywhere near the plate. Just like keeping Kelly was about keeping Watson, so was the Culley hire. I know it wasn't Saleh or Bieniemy, but it was a statement to Watson more than it was Caserio trying to build a winning team. They were saying, "This is what taking your input looks like. We'll take your input & ideas, but you won't dictate or direct."

Back