Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Nick Caserio - New GM

Thanks for catching that. I just saw I misspelled Caserio. It is spelled Hannah.

My bad.

It's all good. She's the kind of boss that likes to share the credit and spotlight. :bigboss:

No not really, it's the hallucinogenic in the Kool-Aid.

yeah, powerful stuff. It makes me hallucinate that a lot of spectators take this stuff a lot more seriously than just entertainment. :koolaid:

Welcome to Houston Nick. I guess I am in the minority, because I am absolutely stoked with this hire.
Now I am keeping my fingers crossed that Nick looks away from Daboll and brings in Joe Brady!

He has the smarts for this job and I feel lile he will not attempt to create a New..New England and will opt to venture down a new path.

Guy been great

This summer is going to be a real opportunity for him.

There's finally some real $ that he can use in FA so it becomes a real test of who he decides to pull the trigger on, who he re-signs out of the guys that are just on 1 year deals here currently and potentially even who he trades for.

Not overlooking the fact that this is also a deep draft by the looks of it and there will be big opportunities to improve the roster there as well.

We have some real CJ + Demeco driven hype in the media now and so long as we can carry that and the overall positivity into the offseason there will be very big opportunities for Caserio and Demeco to turn this into a contender within just a single year.

There's finally some real $ that he can use in FA so it becomes a real test of who he decides to pull the trigger on, who he re-signs out of the guys that are just on 1 year deals here currently and potentially even who he trades for.

Not overlooking the fact that this is also a deep draft by the looks of it and there will be big opportunities to improve the roster there as well.

We have some real CJ + Demeco driven hype in the media now and so long as we can carry that and the overall positivity into the offseason there will be very big opportunities for Caserio and Demeco to turn this into a contender within just a single year.

And FAs will want to play here for Demeco. Hopefully that translates to better players playing on a discount.

And FAs will want to play here for Demeco. Hopefully that translates to better players playing on a discount.
Absolutely.

Texas is a FA destination state because of the city, the weather (even if its hot and humid AF), and mostly because of the taxes.

Add to that being a place with a well liked player friendly head coach and staff along with a young exciting franchise QB, I don't think it's homerism to think that we'd be destination #1 for a lot of players.

Caserio will do what he did this off-season, get the players Ryans wants.

I see Schultz, Rankins as priorities.

Caserio will do what he did this off-season, get the players Ryans wants.

I see Schultz, Rankins as priorities.
Absolutely it will be the guys Demeco wants especially because I think the defense will be the major area of focus. Personally I think Schultz for sure, but Rankins I'm less convinced on.

Personally for re-signing guys who are on their last year that I think are near locks (so long as they want to return) I'd have:
Greenard
Cashman
Schultz
Nelson
Fairbairn
Johnston
Weeks

Then there's guys where it really depends on the ask and that's where I'd have Rankins because aside from last week I'd put DT as one of the top areas we could use improvement. Collins has been the biggest disappointment considering the preseason he had. I genuinely thought he was going to have a monster breakout season and Rankins isn't that far ahead of him. The other guys I'd have in there are:
Fant (my underrated signing of the season, but he will be turning 32 and the team is in the awkward position with Howard's contract)
Griffin
Singletary
Brown (really want him back but depends on the $)
Thomas
Davis

After that it's special teamers and depth guys (especially o-lineman) that can go either way and I don't really have an opinion on it.

Well assuming things keep going the same direction this second half of the season we’re ahead of schedule. Assuming Stroud stays like this we’ve legitimately got a 5-6 year window where his contract will be cheap (4 more years rookie contract plus a backloaded contract). We need to build the defense and give Stroud another weapon or two this offseason and get ready to compete next year

Absolutely it will be the guys Demeco wants especially because I think the defense will be the major area of focus. Personally I think Schultz for sure, but Rankins I'm less convinced on.

Personally for re-signing guys who are on their last year that I think are near locks (so long as they want to return) I'd have:
Greenard
Cashman
Schultz
Nelson
Fairbairn
Johnston
Weeks

Then there's guys where it really depends on the ask and that's where I'd have Rankins because aside from last week I'd put DT as one of the top areas we could use improvement. Collins has been the biggest disappointment considering the preseason he had. I genuinely thought he was going to have a monster breakout season and Rankins isn't that far ahead of him. The other guys I'd have in there are:
Fant (my underrated signing of the season, but he will be turning 32 and the team is in the awkward position with Howard's contract)
Griffin
Singletary
Brown (really want him back but depends on the $)
Thomas
Davis

After that it's special teamers and depth guys (especially o-lineman) that can go ei's back ather way and I don't really have an opinion on it.
I thought Caserio extended Cashman?

Ryans talked about how well Rankins was playing before he got injured. Now that he's back and playing like he did against Cincy, if he can stay healthy the rest of the season I'm pretty sure Ryans will want Rankins back if the money is reasonable.

I thought Caserio extended Cashman?

Ryans talked about how well Rankins was playing before he got injured. Now that he's back and playing like he did against Cincy, if he can stay healthy the rest of the season I'm pretty sure Ryans will want Rankins back if the money is reasonable.
Maybe he did but I use overthecap as my reference for contracts and cap $'s and they have his contract as ending this year.

His health is the major thing and has always been the concern but he's playing himself into some serious $ with how he's been playing.

5cb3d9ffbb2553a34d27927c04f069a6.jpg

Nick Caserio this morning.

Always bet on yourself and your team.

Great job trading the Texans pick away and not the Browns.

If Texans wind up with a nice season, quality players will want to come play here.
I imagine DR has his eye on at least one guy from 49er's Dline.

49’ers 2024 UFA list according to Spotrac:

DE- Chase Young / RDE1
DT- Javon Kinlaw / RDT2
FS- Tashaun Gipson / FS1
LB- Oren Burks (ILB) / SLB1
DE- Cellini Farrell / RDE2
DT- Kevin Givens / LDT2
LB- Demetrius Flanagan-Fowles / MLB2

Last edited:
One thing to always keep in mind is that free agency isn't just about whose contract is running out - half the free agency pool is often guys getting cut as teams need to balance their cap space. Now I know that's hard to predict at times but some things often jump out. For example I foresee Justin Reid being a cap casualty in Kansas, don't think we'll be looking for a reunion though.

One thing to always keep in mind is that free agency isn't just about whose contract is running out - half the free agency pool is often guys getting cut as teams need to balance their cap space. Now I know that's hard to predict at times but some things often jump out. For example I foresee Justin Reid being a cap casualty in Kansas, don't think we'll be looking for a reunion though.
This is a better regime and the future looks very bright. So I can very well see a reunion with players like Justin Reid and Reader.

Racism is still prevalent in today’s society.

I can’t wait until Nick wins executive of the year.

Then during his speech, something seems weird. Nicks voice suddenly rises a few octaves.

Then he says…I have been fooling you all of this year. I’m not really who you think I am…

Then his hands start pulling up around his neck. Wait, is he pulling at his skin? No. This is a mask. As Nick pulls his mask up further, long dark hair is revealed. And then the full unmasking.

it’s none other than Hannah McNair! The audience gasps. Where is Nick?

I took care of Nick after last season. He won’t be heard from for a long time. I was the real Executive of the Year! I’m the architect of this turnaround! And I would have gotten away with it too, if not for those meddling kids on Texans Talk.They knew there was no way Nick was smart and shrewd enough to pick CJ Stroud. That was me, this is my award!

Police and a strange dog Called Scoobie Doo storm the stage and haul Hannah off in handcuffs.

Another caper solved by the kids at Texans Talk. Join us next week when Cal smokes a doobie with Scooby in the Mystery Machine minivan.

I can’t wait until Nick wins executive of the year.

Then during his speech, something seems weird. Nicks voice suddenly rises a few octaves.

Then he says…I have been fooling you all of this year. I’m not really who you think I am…

Then his hands start pulling up around his neck. Wait, is he pulling at his skin? No. This is a mask. As Nick pulls his mask up further, long dark hair is revealed. And then the full unmasking.

it’s none other than Hannah McNair! The audience gasps. Where is Nick?

I took care of Nick after last season. He won’t be heard from for a long time. I was the real Executive of the Year! I’m the architect of this turnaround! And I would have gotten away with it too, if not for those meddling kids on Texans Talk.They knew there was no way Nick was smart and shrewd enough to pick CJ Stroud. That was me, this is my award!

Police and a strange dog Called Scoobie Doo storm the stage and haul Hannah off in handcuffs.

Another caper solved by the kids at Texans Talk. Join us next week when Cal smokes a doobie with Scooby in the Mystery Machine minivan.

And she would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for us meddling kids!

1700352599648.png

How did this stuff get moved from the game day thread?

Why don’t someone make a single thread to dump the stuff in? So each and every time this gets going, and seeing that Stroud isn’t going anywhere, and his agent either, we can just dump the conversation there?

Drafting Stingley looks like a terrible pick while drafting CJ Stroud the year after drafting Stingley looks to be brilliant. In fact, other than Pitre the 2022 draft looks to be a swing and a miss. I thought Pierce might be able to offset the Stingley pick but he looks to have been a one hit wonder. In 2021, the Texans drafted Davis Mills and Niko Collins. One is on the rise; the other is on his way out. In the realm of the draft, Caserio's been a mixed bag.

Agreed.

Steven Nelson
Shelden Rankins
Hassan Ridgeway
Jimmy Ward
Shaquille Griffin
Shaq Mason
Dalton Schultz
Robert Woods
Noah Brown

Then the way he executed Hannah's draft. Props.
You are forgetting that he also made Hannah head of the scouting department. Just our luck she will be the new GM of the Titans next year.

Back