Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Nick Caserio - New GM

Drafting Stingley looks like a terrible pick while drafting CJ Stroud the year after drafting Stingley looks to be brilliant. In fact, other than Pitre the 2022 draft looks to be a swing and a miss. I thought Pierce might be able to offset the Stingley pick but he looks to have been a one hit wonder. In 2021, the Texans drafted Davis Mills and Niko Collins. One is on the rise; the other is on his way out. In the realm of the draft, Caserio's been a mixed bag.

Do y’all want to talk about speaking too soon about Stingley? I think Casserio did better with last year’s draft than most of us care to admit.

Do y’all want to talk about speaking too soon about Stingley? I think Casserio did better with last year’s draft than most of us care to admit.
No it was a stupid move. We lost Stingley for his rookie season when we could've had Gardner. Hopefully, Stinger will stay healthy but his injury history makes him less a player than he should be.

Today Stingley (ranked #59 a couple weeks ago, so would be much higher after last couple of games was better than Surtain who was graded 24th and Nelson graded out #22. Sauce graded out 9th, down from his rookie season.

I’m just happy to see Derek playing again @ high level. He’s a super nice young man who’s been through a lot and is still living up to the hype.

Give the man his flowers.

He robbed the Cleveland Browns in broad daylight.

He hired Demeco Ryans who completely shifted the Texans culture.

He absolutely had to nail the last two drafts and he has delivered.

Will Anderson Jr
Derek Stingley Jr
CJ Stroud
Tank Dell

4 Probowl level players in the last 2 drafts is incredible.

Franchise changing decisions when it was due or die.

Lets Freaking GO!

Today Stingley (ranked #59 a couple weeks ago, so would be much higher after last couple of games was better than Surtain who was graded 24th and Nelson graded out #22. Sauce graded out 9th, down from his rookie season.

I’m just happy to see Derek playing again @ high level. He’s a super nice young man who’s been through a lot and is still living up to the hype.
Stingley is a really good player.

Health is his biggest question mark. You can expect him to miss games every yr. Hopefully he's healthy at playoff time every yr.

Give the man his flowers.

He robbed the Cleveland Browns in broad daylight.

He hired Demeco Ryans who completely shifted the Texans culture.

He absolutely had to nail the last two drafts and he has delivered.

Will Anderson Jr
Derek Stingley Jr
CJ Stroud
Tank Dell

4 Probowl level players in the last 2 drafts is incredible.

Franchise changing decisions when it was due or die.

Lets Freaking GO!
It's great when you have the GM/HC working together. A big change from the boardroom power play fighting that's been going down on kirby for yrs.

Smart draft philosophies at core of Texans rebuild as GM Nick Caserio implements lessons learned with Patriots

The longtime Patriots executive has done a marvelous job rebuilding the Texans

And look what’s happened to the Patriots since he left.

You know what is interesting is that the Patriots could never draft at WR. Then Nick comes out and hits on Tank/Collins.

Curious how much he really had to do with the Patriots or if he was just Bellichek's assistant all those years.

Why shouldn’t we expect him to keep nailing them from now on?

I like Nick. He has done a terrific job all around. My favorite thing about him is that he seems extremely willing to listen to players/coaches to make decisions. See the Tank/Stroud story.

He will wheel and deal when he needs to, and seems to have a good eye on the waiver wire.

Pretty good GM. No complaints other than the Kenyon Green pick, but it may turn in to a good one if the kid can get healthy. He did road grade in college in the SEC.

I like Nick. He has done a terrific job all around. My favorite thing about him is that he seems extremely willing to listen to players/coaches to make decisions. See the Tank/Stroud story.

He will wheel and deal when he needs to, and seems to have a good eye on the waiver wire.

Pretty good GM. No complaints other than the Kenyon Green pick, but it may turn in to a good one if the kid can get healthy. He did road grade in college in the SEC.

What I noticed about nearly all of his draft picks, and it never seemed to get mentioned, was they were team captains of their respective teams. The emphasis was on leadership qualities as much as talent. I don’t expect that to change.

You did something wrong cause it works for us.

Demeco says Nick has been working his butt off and Nick is good at what he does and Demeco doesn’t have to second guess the players he brings on.

Synergy.
This is the first time in franchise history that it's been this way.

What that "expert" is forgetting is we also got WA - who is up to his eyeballs in the DROY race.
And he is also forgetting non of the three guys he mentioned have played a single snap in the NFL.
Give me CJ and WA.

Actually it was because we traded up to get WA that he gave us a D. He thought, and to be fair most of the world did, that we would have another top 3 pick that we gave to Arizona.

Actually it was because we traded up to get WA that he gave us a D. He thought, and to be fair most of the world did, that we would have another top 3 pick that we gave to Arizona.
Certainly not Ryans or Caserio.

Or me for that matter, how many people voted in the wins poll took 4 or less.

I heard that same thing from a different source and I actually believe he’d bolt for NE if given the chance. But the Texans would have to release him from his contract. I personally would do that if NE is his dream job.

Release him? Are you high?
Yep, I wouldn't want to let him go and I dont think he really wants to go through another rebuild like he did down on Kirby. But if I was to let him go it would cost pick 2-35 in 2024 and a 2025 1st. Remember Kraft when you threatened to file tampering charges on the McNair's. Well the shoe is on the other foot now.

Yep, I wouldn't want to let him go and I dont think he really wants to go through another rebuild like he did down on Kirby. But if I was to let him go it would cost pick 2-35 in 2024 and a 2025 1st. Remember Kraft when you threatened to file tampering charges on the McNair's. Well the shoe is on the other foot now.

I wouldn’t let him go unless I was getting three firsts. And even then - why would I want to take a chance on another GM just with the possibility of ending up with another Rick Smith?

Caserio has proven his worth to this franchise.

Think about other franchises when they get a solid GM. They don’t trade away that talent. Ravens, Packers, and I would through in the Eagles too.

Caserio is proving to be a talent.

Unless Caserio has a fetish for doing full rebuilds I don't see it happening. Several articles talk about how attractive NE is because of their high draft pick forgetting that year one Caserio was able to come into Houston and make a trade for three extra 1st round picks. There is no other team that he would get that much draft capital with plus Kraft is not going to let him hire three different HCs in as many years.

Trouble most of article writers have is that for pretty much their entire careers Patriots were the dominate team and easy to write stories about. Now that Pats are bottom of the barrel and BB isn't looking like the great football guru they don't know what to do with themselves.

Unless Caserio has a fetish for doing full rebuilds I don't see it happening. Several articles talk about how attractive NE is because of their high draft pick forgetting that year one Caserio was able to come into Houston and make a trade for three extra 1st round picks. There is no other team that he would get that much draft capital with plus Kraft is not going to let him hire three different HCs in as many years.

Trouble most of article writers have is that for pretty much their entire careers Patriots were the dominate team and easy to write stories about. Now that Pats are bottom of the barrel and BB isn't looking like the great football guru they don't know what to do with themselves.

Riverboat Nick is addicted to trades. He is gearing up for his greatest trade yet… himself!

Nick on Texans: We’ll give me up for a 2nd this year and 1st next year

Kraft: Deal.

*Nick runs to other phone*

Nick on Patriots: Ok Texans, you can have me back but it’s gonna cost you those 6th round picks i’ve been collecting!

Riverboat Nick is addicted to trades. He is gearing up for his greatest trade yet… himself!

Nick on Texans: We’ll give me up for a 2nd this year and 1st next year

Kraft: Deal.

*Nick runs to other phone*

Nick on Patriots: Ok Texans, you can have me back but it’s gonna cost you those 6th round picks i’ve been collecting!

This is too believable.

No way Nick leaves. He is the mastermind behind our rebuild, and it's finally starting to pay dividends. He has to be hoping for a dynasty here in Houston
If you heard Nick on 610 this morning, you would have little doubt he is going anywhere

Would Kraft offer Caserio substantially more than $6 million/year? Not to mention whatever draft compensation the Texans would require? It's just not realistic, unless you live in a Patriot-centric world.

Would Kraft offer Caserio substantially more than $6 million/year? Not to mention whatever draft compensation the Texans would require? It's just not realistic, unless you live in a Patriot-centric world.
Which Nick might.

Back