Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Nick Caserio - New GM

Jalen Carter. The latest overrated Georgia d-lineman.

Davis should have been a late 1st round pick, at best. The other Bulldog DT should have gone 3rd day. One Georgia defender that went in the 1st has justified his selection. Quay Walker. The rest are more overrated than even I thought.
Agree I am just not a fan of Georgia.

What I was saying is when you trade for a player AND have to pay them top of the league money, it many times can reduce the return. It happens, but sometimes people give less
I don't believe so.
It's all about the money.

In a current year, the more your team has to fork out the money to pay a player, the easier it is to trade.

Your team has already incurred the financial responsibility for the player.

Many trades had bogged down because teams don't have the time to sort out the financial part, which means the GM is not on top of things.

Yes Tunsil signed thru 2023 with a base of $18 m and dead ~ $17 with savings of $18.5 if cut/traded. That is generating the discussion of a possible trade in off season. It would be difficult for me to move on from him and I expect him to be nominated for another pro bowl however {and you know who will reword my comments and bloviate} I don't say no if enough is sent my way in trade. Don't want to detract from the corners in OP but :
A) proven LTs rare almost impossible to find with his 'play-ability'.
B) only 2 LTs in draft who should be able to start day 1 & why waste a pick.
C) Tunsil negotiated his last extension and presumably Caserio will do better than BOB.
D) He bought back in after Lovie talked to him.. if Smith goes.. another question mark...
E) If Young is 1.1 don't you want a season vet?
Putting this link here as something casario will consider on Laremy Tunsil.

The deal comes in the final year of Jenkins' contract, just a year after he tore his ACL.

Putting this link here as something casario will consider on Laremy Tunsil.

The deal comes in the final year of Jenkins' contract, just a year after he tore his ACL.
A LT will be much more expensive. Tunsil’s cap for 2023 is $35mm. So a sign and trade would be necessary to trade LT. My senes is Tunsil wants out of Houston.

A LT will be much more expensive. Tunsil’s cap for 2023 is $35mm. So a sign and trade would be necessary to trade LT. My senes is Tunsil wants out of Houston.
I think Tunsil just wants to be paid. Never been a distraction during time here and we don't know his thoughts during thumb injury. Perhaps he was just disgusted as fans were over direction of team.

I think Tunsil just wants to be paid. Never been a distraction during time here and we don't know his thoughts during thumb injury. Perhaps he was just disgusted as fans were over direction of team.

The only time Tunsil is a distraction……when he times his penalties at the worst possible time. Drive and score killing penalties.

1 of the Radio stations pointed out that when Tunsil received a false start against Tennessee all the offensive linemen turned and looked at Q. Part is the musical chairs at OC & QB imo.
Tunsil is really quick out of his stance and expects the center to be quick with the snap also. That's why he had so many false starts to begin the year last year

Rightfully so

People that are at the top of their professions get paid.
True, except the Texans are not in the position to overpay for a LT.

You only do this when your team has legitimate shot at the Lombardi trophy.

By your estimate, the Texans won't be that competitive until 2025.

You will be paying through your nose in 2023 and 2024 and hope he remains at this level in 2025.

You will be paying through your nose in 2023 and 2024 and hope he remains at this level in 2025.
The texans would not be overpaying for a left tackle. There's also no reason to think he will not maintain his current level much longer than just 2025. Deals are made like this every year. You do not pay your left tackle based upon your win record but how he protects QB and Tunsil does that very well.

The texans would not be overpaying for a left tackle. There's also no reason to think he will not maintain his current level much longer than just 2025. Deals are made like this every year. You do not pay your left tackle based upon your win record but how he protects QB and Tunsil does that very well.
Protect to what end?
Another tanking season?

They certainly are in position to sign him for 4-5 yrs. They should be contenders by then, with one of the best LT's in the NFL protecting their QB who should still be on his rookie deal. He still should be playing at a high level and in his prime at age 30-32.

Have you played sports before? It's my belief that your best yrs are between 27-32.

I haven't competed at the level LeeBig has so he would be a better person to talk to about this than myself.

Last edited:
So your focus is only on left tackle? The right draft will put us into play off contention in 2024 in my opinion.
No idea what you're trying to pain me with.

I want an Oline that will complement my QB.

Which requires a vision from the GM who's aligned with the HC and the OC.

Never mind.
Whatever good thoughts we have for the team won't make a difference
They certainly are in position to sign him for 4-5 yrs. They should be contenders by then, with one of the best LT's in the NFL protecting their QB who should still be on his rookie deal. He still should be playing at a high level and in his prime at age 30-32.

Have you played sports before? It's my belief that your best yrs are between 27-32.

I haven't competed at the level LeeBig has so he would be a better person to talk to about this than myself.
How about saving that money and buy the best LT when the time comes.
Like how the Niners signed Trent Williams.

When you say "put us into playoff contention"", what do you mean? With the right draft, we could contend for the AFCS in 2023. It's really a low bar.
If it's the only bar in town and you want to drink, you step up and spend your money. You think most Houston fans would not be ecstatic to be in Jags place with two more than likely wins this season?

No idea what you're trying to pain me with.

I want an Oline that will complement my QB.

Which requires a vision from the GM who's aligned with the HC and the OC.

Never mind.
Whatever good thoughts we have for the team won't make a difference
How about saving that money and buy the best LT when the time comes.
Like how the Niners signed Trent Williams.
I'm not so good with all quips that people use.. did you mean 'paint' you with? I and others were discussing Tunsil extending and paying him top LT $. You then said "Protect {QB} to what end.. tanking?" That says you thought paying LT to continue at LT to protect our probably 1.1 QB would still lead to tanking.

Your second sentence EVERYONE wants. Laremy 28 Howard 26 Heck 26 Green 21 and a drafted OC 21-23.

I also want a vision from our GM who's aligned with HC and OC and DC for that matter and why I hope all three of ours are terminated.

Finally, I think the time will have come by 2024 to make a significant move. You don't. I hope that does not pain you.

I'm not so good with all quips that people use.. did you mean 'paint' you with? I and others were discussing Tunsil extending and paying him top LT $. You then said "Protect {QB} to what end.. tanking?" That says you thought paying LT to continue at LT to protect our probably 1.1 QB would still lead to tanking.

Your second sentence EVERYONE wants. Laremy 28 Howard 26 Heck 26 Green 21 and a drafted OC 21-23.

I also want a vision from our GM who's aligned with HC and OC and DC for that matter and why I hope all three of ours are terminated.

Finally, I think the time will have come by 2024 to make a significant move. You don't. I hope that does not pain you.
Pain or paint, both work.
I noticed that so I didn't bother to change the word.
:brando:

Tunsil has nobody to protect means the Texans have no QB.

Also, the offensive line as you mention looks pretty mediocre.
The way Caserio has been drafting (Green), the only way he can get a good OC is by luck as it seems this draft will have an abundance at that position.
They still need at least another guard and a real QB.

I really doubt we'll see a top ten offense under Casio watch (another pun intended).

Cal and Nick having a live PC on youtube. Blowing lots of smoke up fans hiney and serving Kool-Aid for all.

The Nick cliches are flying.

Question: Hey Cal and Nick, last year you stood on that stage and said, Trust us, we know what we are doing. That Siht don't fly. So what else do you got?

Cal did say he will be hands-on and very involved in the process. But then again he did tell Watson he would be involved in the process.

Listened to some of the press conference. Casserio talks a lot but does not say much.
Nick Cliche was in playoff form. So all is well. Nick said he was going to show up every day. Do the best that he can. That's all he can do. Take one day at a time. And help get this organization moving in the right direction. So we got that going for us.

Nick Cliche was in playoff form. So all is well. Nick said he was going to show up every day. Do the best that he can. That's all he can do. Take one day at a time. And help get this organization moving in the right direction. So we got that going for us.

Which is why I can't stand listening to his horseshit. LOL

ive made the mental move from Houston after several years away and haven’t looked at any Texans news in months so I was shocked seeing photos of NC today. guy looks like a photo of an Auschwitz survivor. somebody needs to feed that guy some smoked brisket and pork butt. Seriously he looks like an ulcer with eyes. what’s going on around there?

ive made the mental move from Houston after several years away and haven’t looked at any Texans news in months so I was shocked seeing photos of NC today. guy looks like a photo of an Auschwitz survivor. somebody needs to feed that guy some smoked brisket and pork butt. Seriously he looks like an ulcer with eyes. what’s going on around there?
He has some weird diet. Maybe someone knows more.

Back