Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Nick Caserio - New GM

ive made the mental move from Houston after several years away and haven’t looked at any Texans news in months so I was shocked seeing photos of NC today. guy looks like a photo of an Auschwitz survivor. somebody needs to feed that guy some smoked brisket and pork butt. Seriously he looks like an ulcer with eyes. what’s going on around there?
He is Skeletor

He has some weird diet. Maybe someone knows more.
Just to add, this was mentioned about a year or so ago on a guest appearance on 610. He was invited to eat at one of the shows sponsors and he declined, saying his diet didn't allow him to eat that kind of food. I don't recall them going into any details.

Looking back my post seemed flippant but unintentionally. I remember him leading an ascetic lifestyle which a sequestered group of Cistercian monks are suited for but in the high stress NFL environment with perhaps a certain stress intolerance it doesn’t wear well. Makes me wonder if the new policy of a more group input into this coaching search is in recognition of this?

Looking back my post seemed flippant but unintentionally. I remember him leading an ascetic lifestyle which a sequestered group of Cistercian monks are suited for but in the high stress NFL environment with perhaps a certain stress intolerance it doesn’t wear well. Makes me wonder if the new policy of a more group input into this coaching search is in recognition of this?

Could be.

Plus is this is the case his remarks that he would step down if HC didn’t want him makes more sense too if this is the case.

Could be.

Plus is this is the case his remarks that he would step down if HC didn’t want him makes more sense too if this is the case.
I saw the step down quote in writing but now I can’t find it on the Texans website. When I read it last night my first thought was it was an extremely strange quote. It’s almost like he is looking for a face saving exit strategy.

After watching yesterday's press conference in its entirety, I get the sense that the reason Caserio may still be here is that Cal may be under the impression that Nick is too far along in the 2023 draft evaluation process to fire him now. I would not be surprised if Caserio is fired before training camp. It does appear as though Caserio is on very shaky ground. Caserio's firing could come as soon as right after the new HC is hired.

Last edited:
After watching yesterday's press conference in its entirety, I get the sense that the reason Caserio may still be here is that Cal may be under the impression that Nick is too far along in the 2023 draft evaluation process to fire him now. I would not be surprised if Caserio is fired before training camp. It does appear as though Caserio is on very shaky ground. Caserio's firing could come as soon as right after the new HC is hired.
I hear that and to some degree understand it but holy ****. You’re gonna let a guy you don’t trust with the job pick your future QB and have a say in the next coaching staff? That’s stupid. If you hire a really good candidate they too have been prepping for the upcoming draft. You just need to hire a Gm and make sure you pick a hc candidate that gels well with their vision.

Yeah but I live about 4 miles from the Rio Grande. Quick trip to Progresso, pick up meds, a little lunch and back in less than 4 hours.
I'm going down there in late February or early March to see Space X fire off a rocket and pickup some cheap meds while I'm down there.

I hear that and to some degree understand it but holy ****. You’re gonna let a guy you don’t trust with the job pick your future QB and have a say in the next coaching staff? That’s stupid. If you hire a really good candidate they too have been prepping for the upcoming draft. You just need to hire a Gm and make sure you pick a hc candidate that gels well with their vision.
Agreed, if Caserio was on the hot seat.

This is nothing more than Texian hoping Caserio gets fired. Caserio would be gone if Lovie was his choice for HC. He wasn't.

I did not take your post flippantly but as a legitimate serious question. I think it is one of worth. I feel this will a very (my spell checker typed "gory" which could be intuitive) interesting off season .

Nick looked and sounded like a hostage with the Taliban, holding one of those press conferences where they have cue cards for him to read because if he doesn’t it’s off with his head…literally. I’m like Nick, blink your eyes twice if you are being held against your will. We will send in the special forces into NRG and save you.

Agreed, if Caserio was on the hot seat.

This is nothing more than Texian hoping Caserio gets fired. Caserio would be gone if Lovie was his choice for HC. He wasn't.
Caserio is on thin ice and has been neutered. When Nick stands on stage and emotionally says, if a new HC says I have to go, I'm prepared to step down. Along with saying he will now listen to everyone in the building, you know Cal has given Caserio a talking-to. Caserio looked very sad and almost broke into tears. I'm not sure Nick even wants to be here. He pretty much admitted that his first two years have been full of FUBARS and SNAFUS. This is Nick talking, not me.

Nick looked and sounded like a hostage with the Taliban, holding one of those press conferences where they have cue cards for him to read because if he doesn’t it’s off with his head…literally. I’m like Nick, blink your eyes twice if you are being held against your will. We will send in the special forces into NRG and save you.

lol Maybe he doesn't believe in the cause anymore. Perhaps at this point he realizes what he's got for owners and is just going through the motions to fulfill his contract. The first two years of his GM career is just cleaning up the messes made by the owners and the clowns they hired. It's got to be quite the wake up call coming from a first class, championship-caliber organization like the Pats.

Caserio is on thin ice and has been neutered. When Nick stands on stage and emotionally says, if a new HC says I have to go, I'm prepared to step down. Along with saying he will now listen to everyone in the building, you know Cal has given Caserio a talking-to. Caserio looked very sad and almost broke into tears. I'm not sure Nick even wants to be here. He pretty much admitted that his first two years have been full of FUBARS and SNAFUS. This is Nick talking, not me.

I think Caserio got the talking to from Hannah and not Cal. She is running the show.

She wrote the cue cards for Cal and made sure she made Cal say “I will take a more active role in the search” to neuter Cal too. Cal knows when he said “I” he should have said Hannah.

Hannah is playing psychological warfare while Cal is trying to play Call of Duty.

I'm going down there in late February or early March to see Space X fire off a rocket and pickup some cheap meds while I'm down there.
And Dental, there are 75 dentist in Progreso and it is half what you pay in the US. Cleanings are like $35 vs $125 in the US. Dr. X

Last edited:
I did not take your post flippantly but as a legitimate serious question. I think it is one of worth. I feel this will a very (my spell checker typed "gory" which could be intuitive) interesting off season .
Oh I never even considered you did. I just thought I came off flippant towards NC without considering what he may be up against.

lol Maybe he doesn't believe in the cause anymore. Perhaps at this point he realizes what he's got for owners and is just going through the motions to fulfill his contract. The first two years of his GM career is just cleaning up the messes made by the owners and the clowns they hired. It's got to be quite the wake up call coming from a first class, championship-caliber organization like the Pats.
I think Nick has come to the realization that he is in way over his head. He looks like a defeated man. He was never prepared to be a GM in the NFL. He's completely lost on how to build a roster, how to negotiate a contract, and how to manage the salary cap. These are things he never had to do in New England. Just like all the other failed Belichick admins and facilitators. There is a very strong pattern of FAILURE here and you would think owners would finally be able to figure this out but so many have not.

I think Nick has come to the realization that he is in way over his head. He looks like a defeated man. He was never prepared to be a GM in the NFL. He's completely lost on how to build a roster, how to negotiate a contract, and how to manage the salary cap. These are things he never had to do in New England. Just like all the other failed Belichick admins and facilitators. There is a very strong pattern of FAILURE here and you would think owners would finally be able to figure this out but so many have not.

And yet some people want Mayo. I would rather have actual mayo coaching this team rather than another NE reject. His name is miracle whip and he will whip this team into shape…which would be a miracle. If people haven’t caught on to the disaster that is NE anything outside of hoodie, they never will.

I think Caserio got the talking to from Hannah and not Cal. She is running the show.

She wrote the cue cards for Cal and made sure she made Cal say “I will take a more active role in the search” to neuter Cal too. Cal knows when he said “I” he should have said Hannah.

Hannah is playing psychological warfare while Cal is trying to play Call of Duty.

I'm not questioning what you're saying but where is all the information coming from that makes people think Hanna is running the show?
I'm not doubting it, but I haven't heard a peep about it, except on this board

Yet the Texans have the 7rh most cap space in the NFL and can fairly easily create 30-35 mil more in cap space if needed.

Yet the Texans have the 7rh most cap space in the NFL and can fairly easily create 30-35 mil more in cap space if needed.
But if you have a GM who can’t balance a checkbook, is fiscally irresponsible, a poor fiduciary, and behaves like a teenage girl at the mall with Daddy’s credit card, what does it matter?

Nick Caserio can stand at a podium and talk for an hour and not say anything that is coherent or makes any sense. This pretty much sums up the Texans for the last 2 years. It’s amazing how many people are just now figuring this out. Caserio will soon be gone.

Last edited:
ive made the mental move from Houston after several years away and haven’t looked at any Texans news in months so I was shocked seeing photos of NC today. guy looks like a photo of an Auschwitz survivor. somebody needs to feed that guy some smoked brisket and pork butt. Seriously he looks like an ulcer with eyes. what’s going on around there?

Yeah, I was curious about that myself. His cheek bones didn’t look that dark when he first got here. Is the crack in Boston a much higher quality versus here? Dude looks like someone that just walked out from under 59 at Chartres and Commerce.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not questioning what you're saying but where is all the information coming from that makes people think Hanna is running the show?
I'm not doubting it, but I haven't heard a peep about it, except on this board

The questioning is fine. I am just expressing what I think and opinion.

I just see Cal operating differently that when he first took over bringing in Easterby and giving OB an extension. And since then Hannah has become more and more by his side at every event. This past season it has become even more apparent to me. She is everywhere Cal is including press conferences. Cal also in the meantime seems to have found his authority. Caserio looked whooped and emotional last press conference. Never seen him look that way. And Caserio referred to the owners of the Texans as Cal and Hannah. More than once. And I have seen it printed and said elsewhere too through the year.

Like I said - my opinion.

The questioning is fine. I am just expressing what I think and opinion.

I just see Cal operating differently that when he first took over bringing in Easterby and giving OB an extension. And since then Hannah has become more and more by his side at every event. This past season it has become even more apparent to me. She is everywhere Cal is including press conferences. Cal also in the meantime seems to have found his authority. Caserio looked whooped and emotional last press conference. Never seen him look that way. And Caserio referred to the owners of the Texans as Cal and Hannah. More than once. And I have seen it printed and said elsewhere too through the year.

Like I said - my opinion.
Badboy posted a link above that shows it clearly

I do it for the fun of talking sports (Texans football) with other sports fans. Try to avoid coming off like I’m the smartest guy in the room.
I enjoy it too or I wouldn't be here. It was never my intention to insult your intelligence. It is not about being the smartest guy in the room. You're confusing that with it being a difference of opinion with which you strongly disagree.

It's at times like this that I miss Lord Bills who was the smartest guy in the room. That title now goes to CnD.

Last edited:
Back