Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

NFL Random Thought of the Day

Looks like Damon Arnette will be going to where he belongs very soon… prison:

3 HoF careers in one..

2000-06 - 3 SBs
2007-13 - 2 MVPs, the first 50 TD passing season, and a 16-0 season
2014-21 - 4 SBs, 1 MVP, and the accumulation of just about every passing record ever written

..I've spent just over half my life watching this dude continuously be the genuine best ever.

Enjoy the next chapter, GOAT..
I remember rooting so hard for NE to beat the Rams in the first TB Super Bowl. One because of 9/11 and the Patriots winning and two I was still a bit miffed McNair, Wycheck, etc didn't get a ring even though I wasn't really a Titan fan I still felt a little connection to the players. Houston pro football sure could've used a Music City Miracle along the way somewhere but alas......

Last edited:
Belichick hates going outside the family. Incest is the best is the Patriots motto.

Another hater of greatness.

This explains why you dont like the crew down on Kirby. Everything else is window dressing. You hate everything Foxboro.

Don't be surprised if Brady retires...............from the Bucs............

I’ve seen similar comments elsewhere. You would think he came here couldn’t get the team over .500 and hates it here.

Instead he won the SB a year before they thought he had a shot to. Had a crazy boat parade and could finally be himself.

He followed that up with another record breaking season, got the team to the 2nd seed in the NFC despite all the injuries and the AB fiasco.

Not having Wirfs against the Rams was what did the team in. Yes, the secondary blew it too on that last drive but it shouldn’t have come to that. Had Brady had a healthy offensive line they would have kept the Rams off the field more than they did.

Brady also often comments on how much he loves living here. I don’t understand why many think he’s miserable here and wants out unless something happened between him and BA that hasn’t come out yet.

If there’s anything to this maybe it’s due to the AB fiasco but that guy is a total moron. What else was BA to do?

Regardless of what happens here next, they put together a team that won the SB. How many fans go their entire lives without witnessing their team win a SB?

That’s awesome. He’s truly the best QB that ever played the game and I highly doubt another will have the stars align like Tom Brady did during his NFL career.
and he played in 10 super bowls. The 7 wins are insane but the fact that it could've been more is mind-boggling. I'll be dead and gone before or if that ever happens again

I don't know if I'd go so far to say we'll never see anything like it again. Mahomes is 1 win away from going to his 3rd SB in just his 4th full season. 2 wins away from winning a 2nd SB in 4 seasons, and already has an MVP.

I’ve seen similar comments elsewhere. You would think he came here couldn’t get the team over .500 and hates it here.

Instead he won the SB a year before they thought he had a shot to. Had a crazy boat parade and could finally be himself.

He followed that up with another record breaking season, got the team to the 2nd seed in the NFC despite all the injuries and the AB fiasco.

Not having Wirfs against the Rams was what did the team in. Yes, the secondary blew it too on that last drive but it shouldn’t have come to that. Had Brady had a healthy offensive line they would have kept the Rams off the field more than they did.

Brady also often comments on how much he loves living here. I don’t understand why many think he’s miserable here and wants out unless something happened between him and BA that hasn’t come out yet.

If there’s anything to this maybe it’s due to the AB fiasco but that guy is a total moron. What else was BA to do?

Regardless of what happens here next, they put together a team that won the SB. How many fans go their entire lives without witnessing their team win a SB?

Brady said 2022 pr 2024 forgot the year. He is going to retire. As for OB to NE...he was with NE before. Meaning, he would be returning to his roots.

From what I hear, there has been much bad blood stirred up between Brady, Arians and the Bucs FO largely but not exclusively surrounding decisions made with the AB fiasco. Brady has never been known to be a good loser. He has had little opportunity to practice at it. He is blaming everyone's decisions for his failure to get to the SB this year.

Belichick hates going outside the family. Incest is the best is the Patriots motto.
Another hater of greatness.

This explains why you dont like the crew down on Kirby. Everything else is window dressing. You hate everything Foxboro.
You do realize that I wasn't referring to actual incest, right? Just Belichick's propensity to hire from within the Patriot circle. Nothing derogatory, just pointing out trends.

Maybe you're just a little too sensitive on the Patriots?

You do realize that I wasn't referring to actual incest, right? Just Belichick's propensity to hire from within the Patriot circle. Nothing derogatory, just pointing out trends.

Maybe you're just a little too sensitive on the Patriots?

I certainly realize this.

I also realize that your hate of all things Foxboro clouds your judgment

I'm not sensitive about the Pats. I just admire how BB does business.

Seeing how Belichick admin assistants and coaching tree, being the some of the worst in sports history, that could cloud one's judgement. On the other hand, ignoring these record failures could border on...... something that could get your comment deleted or the poster banned. :)

Seeing how Belichick admin assistants and coaching tree, being the some of the worst in sports history, that could cloud one's judgement. On the other hand, ignoring these record failures could border on...... something that could get your comment deleted or the poster banned. :)
Tell me about the QB situations when these assistants took over teams?

Yes, Caserio coming from New England was an immediate red flag. I was skeptical, history demanded it! However, it wasn't his New England connection that created my dislike for Nick as the Texans GM. It was Nick Caserio that developed my dislike for Nick Caserio. I wasn't surprised by this. History had prepared me for it. Starting with his very first decision, hiring of David Culley as HC. Nick followed this up with a litany of FUBARS, incl trading for players he would soon cut, trading for players who would've been cut, restructuring contracts on players he would soon cut or trade, using 10 draft picks to draft 5 players, signing a bunch of over the hill gang to 1 yr contract, starting 2022 with a league low 28 players under contract, with less money to fill a roster in 2022 than in 2021. And that's just for starters. Based on 2021 I'm expecting 2022 to be a doozy.

I warned you that that O'Brien would be a bad hire. I warned you that Caserio would be a bad hire. I warned you that Culley was a bad hire. The Bad Hire Warning is in Effect.
1643570126718.png

Last edited:
Yes, Caserio coming from New England was an immediate red flag. History demanded it! However, it wasn't his New England connection that created my dislike for Nick as the Texans GM. It was Nick Caserio that developed my dislike for Nick Caserio. I wasn't surprised by this. History had prepared me for it. Starting with his very first decision, hiring of David Culley as HC. Nick followed this up with a litany of FUBARS, incl trading for players he would soon cut, trading for players who would've been cut, restructuring contracts on players he would soon cut or trade, using 10 draft picks to draft 5 players, signing a bunch of over the hill gang to 1 contract, starting 2022 with a league low 28 players under contract, with less money to fill a roster in 2022 than in 2021. And that's just for starters. Based on 2021 I'm expecting 2022 to be a doozy.

I warned you that that O'Brien would be a bad hire. I warned you that Caserio would be a bad hire. I warned you that Culley was a bad hire. The Bad Hire Warning is in Effect.
View attachment 9642

We disagree whether Caserio has made any decisions that have hurt the long term health of the team. I don't hold the Culley hire against him.

This HC hire could change my thinking. But I'm willing to give Caserio a couple of full drafts before I start to pass judgement.

Just because he's not rebuilding the way you want him to doesn't mean he's hurting the franchise or won't be successful.

We disagree whether Caserio has made any decisions that have hurt the long term health of the team. I don't hold the Culley hire against him. OF COURSE YOU DON'T

This HC hire could change my thinking. But I'm willing to give Caserio a couple of full drafts before I start to pass judgement. OF COURSE YOU WILL

Just because he's not rebuilding the way you want him to doesn't mean he's hurting the franchise or won't be successful. OF COURSE HE IS AND OF COURSE HE WON'T
BOLD ^^^

You are correct. How BB does business. However, the mistake is thinking the BB disciples can just be parachuted into any team and can have the same impact that took BB years to develop.

When I listen to Caserio and his references to Google, Apple and tech companies. He comes across as a CEO who thinks he can have department heads (OC, DC) reporting to a Manager (HC) and he can just "plug and play" the different department heads. It sounds like a great project for someone attending Harvard Business School.

It's interesting that none of the teams playing today needed the Patriots way, their EP offense or BB disciples to get to this point. Proving once again that there is more than one way to bake a cake.

Last edited:
You are correct. How BB does business. However, the mistake is thinking the BB disciples can just be parachuted into any team and can have the same impact that took BB years to develop.

When I listen to Caserio and his references to Google, Apple and tech companies. He comes across as a CEO who thinks he can have department heads (OC, DC) reporting to a Manager (HC) and he can just "plug and play" the different department heads. It sounds like a great project for someone attending Harvard Business School.

It's interesting that none of the teams playing today needed the Patriots way, their EP offense or BB disciples to get to this point. Proving once again that there is more than one way to bake a cake.

There may be more than one way to bake a cake. Right now the McVay way seems to be working. However the Lombardi/Parcells/Cowher Gibbs/Johnson/Belichik etc... way seems to have worked quite well over time.

Being a Bengals fan, while this will be our 3rd appearance (I went to SB XVI when I was 10) we have yet to win one.

How about that Chiefs game huh ?? Oh my God, I thought I was going to vomit, crap myself and pass out. Maybe not even in that order. I was exhausted yelling at the TV through the whole game. It's funny to me how the Chiefs media and fans kept calling the first loss a "fluke" and "false win" (Whatever that means) but we did nearly the same thing in this game. It's all about how Mahomes collapsed without giving any thought to it and what the defense with second half adjustments that held them to 3 points. You know what though ?? Who cares ?? The Bengals are going to the Super Bowl and I am beside myself with joy !!!

The Rams will make for what I think is going to be a great game. Our o-line needs to look like the one that showed up in KC and not the one that damn near got Burrow killed in Nashville. With everyone picking the Bengals to finish last in the AFC North, in a "rebuilding year", this has been a lot of fun. Much credit to our front office that appears to have caught lightning in a bottle. The offense has that core together under contract for a few more seasons and has what I believe to be the most cap space headed into 2022 to be able to fix that o-line and extend some players.

For those of you that have been rooting for my Bengals, keep it up. They really are a good team.
It really has been an amazing season and I hope to see the Texans get to where we are soon.
God knows my son is loving this, but if it were the Texans he would be like this x10.

Take care everyone,
Mark

Being a Bengals fan, while this will be our 3rd appearance (I went to SB XVI when I was 10) we have yet to win one.

How about that Chiefs game huh ?? Oh my God, I thought I was going to vomit, crap myself and pass out. Maybe not even in that order. I was exhausted yelling at the TV through the whole game. It's funny to me how the Chiefs media and fans kept calling the first loss a "fluke" and "false win" (Whatever that means) but we did nearly the same thing in this game. It's all about how Mahomes collapsed without giving any thought to it and what the defense with second half adjustments that held them to 3 points. You know what though ?? Who cares ?? The Bengals are going to the Super Bowl and I am beside myself with joy !!!

The Rams will make for what I think is going to be a great game. Our o-line needs to look like the one that showed up in KC and not the one that damn near got Burrow killed in Nashville. With everyone picking the Bengals to finish last in the AFC North, in a "rebuilding year", this has been a lot of fun. Much credit to our front office that appears to have caught lightning in a bottle. The offense has that core together under contract for a few more seasons and has what I believe to be the most cap space headed into 2022 to be able to fix that o-line and extend some players.

For those of you that have been rooting for my Bengals, keep it up. They really are a good team.
It really has been an amazing season and I hope to see the Texans get to where we are soon.
God knows my son is loving this, but if it were the Texans he would be like this x10.

Take care everyone,
Mark

The Bengals are an inspiration to this franchise. I am rooting for you guys.

Wow! Brady's retirement speech says a ton about Patriots (Texans) culture by Brady not acknowledging the Patriots, Robert Kraft and Bill Belichick. He did thank his Bucs teammates, Bucs fans, City of Tampa, Glazer Family, Jason Licht, Bruce Arians, Bucs coaches/staffers, Alex Guerrero, His agents, His family. Used Tampa Bucs photo taken in Gillette stadium after beating the Pats.

Back