Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

NFL Random Thought of the Day

ee7ee8af94ed83d7ab0abc6ba4762e5e.jpg

i don't think i've ever noticed a qb who's feet are as flat as Garoppolo's in the pocket

looks super strange to me

Imagine how good a QB Fitzmagic would have been if he had that little extra natural throwing ability.

Smart, tough, competitive and a winners spirit.

From the Titans game thread:
Looked to me that Taylor Lewan was a good candidate for having sustained an ACL.
*************************************************************************************************
Tennessee Titans LT Taylor Lewan confirms he suffered torn ACL
11:45 AM CT
  • ESPN
Titans star left tackle Taylor Lewan confirmed Monday that he has a torn ACL and will miss the remainder of the season.

Lewan tweeted that an MRI taken Monday confirmed the ACL tear and added: "Don't feel sorry for me, I'm going to handle this rehab like a Pro and come back better than ever."

Lewan suffered the injury in the third quarter of Sunday's overtime victory over the Houston Texans. Tennessee rallied without the three-time Pro Bowler to improve to 5-0. *************************************************************************************************

....................................ACL #26.

Last edited:
Tom Brady the Good Luck Charm..

-The Boston Celtics, Bruins, Red Sox, and Patriots hadn't won a championship since 1986, 1972, 1918, and never respectively.

Tom Brady arrives and they collectively win 12 championships in the 20 years he's there.

-The Tampa Lightning, Rays, and Buccs have only won championships in 2004, never, and 2002 respectively, and nothing in 16 years since.

Brady arrives in 2020, his first year there, and they get an immediate Stanley Cup, a World Series berth, aannndd.. well, we'll see.

Tom Talisman.

You can tell he’s still learning what they want him to do but damn he looks good out. He’s a predator feasting and we got David ******* Johnson.
David Johnson who looks slow running the ball. Thanks OB.

The Cowboys at one time had one of the strongest OLs in the League. Now they have become decimated.

The Cowboys once had the best offensive line in football. It wasn’t that long ago.

Center Travis Frederick retired in the offseason. Right tackle La'el Collins didn’t play a snap this season, undergoing hip surgery. Left tackle Tyron Smith played two games but is gone for the season in need of neck surgery.

Joe Looney, who became the starting center when Frederick retired, went on injured reserve Oct. 10 with a sprained knee.

Right guard Zack Martin played only seven snaps Monday, leaving first with a stinger and then with a concussion. He is in concussion protocol, and coach Mike McCarthy said Tuesday, the Cowboys won’t know Martin’s status until later in the week.

Now comes news the Cowboys have lost a third starting offensive tackle.

McCarthy announced Brandon Knight, who has made four starts this season, underwent knee surgery Tuesday after playing all 89 snaps Monday. Knight will miss “a couple of weeks.”

That means the Cowboys will play yet a third left tackle. Left guard Connor McGovern is a candidate, and Cam Erving could be as well, if he is ready to return.

“I think you have to look at all of your capabilities [to figure out a left tackle],” McCarthy said. “I think it’s important for us to try to get some continuity. If Zack can’t go, obviously Connor McGovern will go there, and then we’ve just got to figure out the left tackle position. That’ll start tomorrow.”
LINK

Saints WR Michael Thomas has missed 3 games for a high ankle injury..............if that's not bad enough, while pushing himself to come back, he has now developed a compensatory hamstring injury.........

Dana Stubblefield sentenced to 15 years to life in prison for rape
Posted by Michael David Smith on October 22, 2020, 3:12 PM EDT

Former NFL player Dana Stubblefield was sentenced today to 15 years to life in prison for rape.

Stubblefield was found guilty of rape by force and using a firearm in commission of a crime in connection with an incident that took place in his home in April of 2015. The victim in the case was a woman who went to his home to respond to an ad seeking a babysitter for his children.

The 49-year-old Stubblefield was the 49ers’ first-round draft pick in 1993. He was the league’s defensive rookie of the year that season and was named defensive player of the year in 1997.
Stubblefield’s past run-ins with the law include pleading guilty to lying to investigators about his steroid use in 2009, and going to jail for stealing his ex-girlfriend’s mail in 2010.

Just saw Nuk running wide freaking open, Qb hits him in stride, and off he was gone. What a dumb ******* trade.

It will be known in H-town as the dumbest trade ever for the dumbest reasons ever, for many, many decades.

TEXANS FANS--->
:strangle: <---THE McNAIRS

Just as soon as you let a few fans back in..

Of all the lessons to learn from Star Wars, this one might be the most fundamental. . .

1*pvQJZKYf7WQZwTG8kGYQmQ.gif

Desean Jackson underwent an MRI. He has been found to have a hyperextension of his knee (fortunately without ACL) and a significant high ankle sprain................the ankle gave before the ACL. He'll be going on IR. He had just come back from a hamstring tear which had him miss 3 games.

Just stopped by to post what y'all already did. Carlos Hyde tonight in the first half 5 rushes for 37 yards and 1 TD, which Duane Brown paved the way for. DHop on the first half 7 catches for 80 yards and a TD, but did have one fumble....sigh...

That was a pretty good game last night. Defense made a helluva play to pick off Wilson. Both QBs played like I remember Watson playing early; flinging the ball around and having fun.

******* sucks seeing talent we let go thrive in other places meanwhile their replacements suck ass. We are the poster child for organizational incompetence.

Playing back video, looked like the Jags WR Dede Westbrook tore his ACL on a runback............he hyperextended his knee prior to being tackled. Waiting for the MRI confirmation before listing officially.

Last edited:
Doc did you see the pick Russ Wilson just threw? Exactly even the greats makes mistakes.

NO....NO.....NO.....only Watson makes these mistakes and costs his team wins. Now I'm sobbing uncontrollably while blowing snot bubbles out of my nose and mumbling in a low tone between the dry heaves, no....no....no....only Watson makes these types of mistakes. Wilson great.....sob/heave....Watson bad...........

Raiders face big fine, possible loss of draft pick
October 26, 2020, 11:53 AM EDT

The $350,000 fine imposed on the Titans for violating COVID-19 protocols constitutes either precedent or a warning shot. As more teams land in line for punishment, more will be learned about the league’s approach to pandemic jurisprudence.

The Raiders have become the next team to face sanctions.

Jay Glazer of FOX Sports reported on Sunday that the Raiders will be “fined very heavily,” and that the amount will exceed the penalty imposed on the Titans. Per Glazer, the Raiders also face the loss of a draft pick. The difference flows from the fact that the Raiders aren’t regarded as a first-time offender, given past COVID-19 violations.

Beyond fines and other potential efforts to discipline the Raiders, the fact that the NFL required them to proceed on Sunday created a layer of competitive consequence, making it harder to win the game.
888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888

Gruden claimed earlier “As an organization, we are on the cutting edge of beating the virus.” Beyond that, he gave no explanation for his ridiculus statement.......evidently, Gruden being his regular ole self pompous ass. The NFL had already begun to punish the Raiders by not rescheduling their game agains the Bucs..............after 4 of their Olinemen were kept out from practice for COVID observation due to contact with COVID-19 positive Trent Brown. The Titans infractions were apparently defiant, but according to another PFT source, "the Raiders are the only team to have multiple and various issues, from Gruden blatantly refusing to wear a mask to an unauthorized person in the locker room to a group of players ridiculously attending an indoor event with too many people and not nearly enough masks.''

Am I the only one wondering why no players have been indepently picked out for disciplinary action?

I believe that is exactly right.

One more thing upon further inspection.....no way in the world is he looking at the car load of folks next to him....his eyes are clearly in the rearview mirror to see the reaction from the car behind him.

Back