Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

NFL Random Thought of the Day

Y’all do realize this was a political statement, right?

I realize as a person Ho #Purgepkins is a trashy human being.

Kinda like how DW4 represented the team at last weeks PC. A true leader (This F'n Sucks) true deep thinkers they have coming out of Clemson.

Extreme comedy and satisfaction on who he makes mad for starters.

If you think I'm mad then you're crazy.

They can do whatever they want to do it's a free country. I just enjoy seeing how hood rats act when you give them money. It's actually quite entertaining and after all isn't that what sports are for?

If you think I'm mad then you're crazy.

They can do whatever they want to do it's a free country. I just enjoy seeing how hood rats act when you give them money. It's actually quite entertaining and after all isn't that what sports are for?

Wasn't talking about you amigo.

DEANDRE-HOPKINS-1_COURTESY-MARK-FORGY.jpg
:coolb::headbang: I thought he's doing this gesture?

DeAndre Hopkins explains traffic incident, gesture toward political caravan
Posted by Curtis Crabtree on October 27, 2020, 11:00 PM EDT

As Arizona Cardinals wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins was on his way to the stadium for Sunday night’s game against the Seattle Seahawks, an encounter with a political caravan in the Phoenix area began to percolate across social media.

Photos of Hopkins driving his Ferrari was posted to Twitter alleging that Hopkins had swerved in and out of traffic amid a caravan expressing their support for President Trump. The photos showed Hopkins driving alongside the group and included a photo of two raised middle fingers in the air after passing the caravan.

Hopkins gave his side of the encounter during a All Things Covered podcast visit with teammate Patrick Peterson and former NFL cornerback Bryant McFadden.

Driving down the highway I guess I got in between a train or a bunch of cars that I wasn’t supposed to be in between in my car. And they were honking the horn at me and stuff like that I guess to tell me to get out of their way, and I didn’t. The guy in front of me stepped on his breaks and tried to stop dead in traffic, and I got around him and I stuck him a birdie. I really was about to do the peace sign to him, but this finger right here was kinda hurting, so it didn’t make it up in time.

“But I was like, ‘Damn, dude, you’re trying to stop on breaks in dead traffic, cause I’m in your guys’ train and what not, just trying to go to work?’ So, yeah, it was nothing. There wasn’t nothing thrown out the car or anything like that. No speeding. Obviously, you see me right there. If I was in a Ferrari speeding, I don’t think you would be able to take a still picture of me. But yeah, that’s all.”

Peyton Manning takes shots at Tom Brady over pass to Gronk, fourth down confusion
Posted by Michael David Smith on October 28, 2020, 12:34 PM EDT

Buccaneers quarterback Tom Brady threw a pass to tight end Rob Gronkowski that appeared to find Gronk between three Green Bay defenders and drew praise as a great pass on the game broadcast. But Peyton Manning says it wasn’t a great pass at all.

On the Detail show Manning does for ESPN, Manning broke down the play and said Brady was actually trying to hit Mike Evans — and then Manning took another shot at Brady for appearing not to realize it was fourth down on the Bucs’ last play of their loss to the Bears.

“Do you think Tom was throwing to Gronk?” Manning asked. “Troy Aikman thought he was. Thought it was one of the best throws he made all game. I’m not so sure. I’m going to go out on a limb and say he’s coming out here to Evans.”

Manning broke down Brady’s options on the play and what was going through Brady’s mind.

THE REST OF THE STORY

Look at Duane Brown out there. He was the first domino and Nuk was the last. Both having great seasons on division leading/playoff bound teams.
McClain: One decision’s domino effect on the Texans
Photo of John McClain John McClain Oct. 28, 2020 Updated: Oct. 28, 2020 7:37 p.m.

Watching Arizona’s overtime victory over Seattle on Sunday night reminded me of how much three players making substantial contributions in that game meant to the Texans before they were traded or allowed to leave, ultimately because of financial reasons.

Cardinals receiver DeAndre Hopkins and Seahawks left tackle Duane Brown are two of the six best players in Texans history, and they’ve combined for eight Pro Bowl selections.

Seahawks running back Carlos Hyde played one season with the Texans, and he brought toughness and productivity between the tackles that’s missing this season. In 2019, Hyde rushed for 1,070 yards and six touchdowns on an offense that finished ninth in rushing — 23 spots in front of this year’s team that’s a 1-6 disaster.

The worst thing about the Texans’ current predicament is they didn’t have a first-round pick this year, and they don’t have first- and second-round picks next year because of Bill O’Brien’s decision to acquire left tackle Laremy Tunsil and receiver Kenny Stills from Miami.

Tunsil is a terrific left tackle, one of the best in the league, and he’s solidified the most important position on the line. Looking back, though, O’Brien’s controversial trade could have been avoided if Brown had received the contract extension he wanted after the 2016 season.

Former general manager Rick Smith made one of his best decisions in 2008 when he drafted Brown with the 26th pick in the first round. With the Texans coming off their first AFC South title in 2011 under Gary Kubiak, Smith extended Brown with a six-year, $54 million deal.

Smith’s policy was to extend deserving players with one year left on their contracts. He deviated from that policy two times with receiver Andre Johnson and defensive end J.J. Watt, the two best players in franchise history.

After the 2016 season, Brown wanted the same courtesy and respect Johnson and Watt received — an extension with multiple years left on his contract. Smith
[not O'Brien] refused, and that led to a controversy with Brown holding out and missing six games before Smith traded him to Seattle.

THE REST OF THE STORY

Wasn’t Rick Smith away from the team when Brown trade happened? Swear I remember BLM type references at the time and OB being team first, screw everything and everyone else.

That it was about money? Not arguing with you Doc, but another "insider" here is saying it was not about money & the contracts we took on (David Johnson & Brandin Cooks) makes it hard to believe the money angle.
It wasn't entirely about money. O'Brien wanted him here. Smith thought he could get much more in a trade so he played chicken. But that in addition to his being disgruntled re. Bob McNair's statement, along with with his activist wife being totally against him staying because of it and wanting him closer to her in Los Angeles besides, there was a great deal of factors that went into his release. Smith eventually lost the game of chicken.

Wasn’t Rick Smith away from the team when Brown trade happened? Swear I remember BLM type references at the time and OB being team first, screw everything and everyone else.
On October 30, 2017, Brown was traded to Seattle. Smith took leave Dec. 31, 2017.

Instant analysis of Texans trading Duane Brown to Seattle
Jeff Risdon October 30, 2017 7:48 pm

....................Considering Brown had to go after his outspoken criticism of owner Bob McNair and his fruitless holdout, getting what the Texans did in return is a big win for Smith and Houston.

Last edited:
Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Jacksonville quarterback Gardner Minshew has multiple fractures and a sprained ligament in his thumb. Per the report, Minshew concealed the injury from the team, which is another way of saying the team didn’t disclose the injury on the various injury reports since the injury happened on October 11 against Houston.

Minshew reportedly told the team about the injury after Sunday’s loss to the Chargers.
link

Be assured that the Jags HC knew about the injury right after the Houston game. Just another gross example of teams gaming the process.

So... as fans of the NFL, with no skin in the Detroit/Atlanta game, what do you think of Tod Gurley scoring late in the game to give his team the lead?

Don’t know the particulars, but I saw the mic’d up where Ryan told him not to score in the huddle.

Right, that's part of the "controversy"

They told him not to score, because they didn't want to give the ball back to Detroit. They went up by 6 points with the two point conversion, but Detroit was able to score a TD in 1:04 with no timeouts.

Is there an actual controversy? He just effed up.

That seems to be the popular opinion.

1:04 no time outs from their own 25. We're not blaming Romeo for going for two instead of just kicking the extra point. But everyone is blaming Gurley for scoring a TD with 1:04 left in the game.

On October 30, 2017, Brown was traded to Seattle. Smith took leave Dec. 31, 2017.

What was his criticism of McNair?

Brown ended his holdout and returned to the team after week 6, but that week is when owner Bob McNair's comments about not letting the "inmates run the prison" came to light in an ESPN Magazine article. Brown was open with his disdain for the owner's comments.

"I had to voice my displeasure," Brown said. "There was so many other people who wanted to but that fear factor was there. But I was like '(screw it), you don't have to, I will.'"

A week later, Brown was traded to the Seahawks.

To recap, he reported, was playing that season, the owner made a racist comment, Brown called him on it and was sent to Seattle a week later.

That’s on Rick Smith tho? Both Smith and Brown held up their ends; Brown would have gotten his extension THAT offseason. Mere games away. Then what happened?

You’re being disingenuous again.

What was his criticism of McNair?

To recap, he reported, was playing that season, the owner made a racist comment, Brown called him on it and was sent to Seattle a week later.

That’s on Rick Smith tho? Both Smith and Brown held up their ends; Brown would have gotten his extension THAT offseason. Mere games away. Then what happened?

You’re being disingenuous again.
I am relating the facts as I was given. If you reread my post, you will see that by no means did I exclude McNair's statement factoring in. Regardless, Smith was the one to be assigned the task of getting max value for a trade much earlier on in Brown's holdout...........not after McNair's October 17 owners meeting comment. The Texans were already in talks with Seattle by the end of September 2017.

1604007190584.png

I am relating the facts as I was given. If you reread my post, you will see that by no means did I exclude McNair's statement factoring in. Regardless, Smith was the one to be assigned the task of getting max value for a trade much earlier on in Brown's holdout...........not after McNair's October 17 owners meeting comment. The Texans were already in talks with Seattle by the end of September 2017.

View attachment 6936

Doesn’t matter what his value was before McNair devalued him.

When the boss makes a mess, you clean the best you can right? It wasn’t Smith’s mess regardless; his was cleaned up the moment Brown was in uniform.

Doesn’t matter what his value was before McNair devalued him.

When the boss makes a mess, you clean the best you can right? It wasn’t Smith’s mess regardless; his was cleaned up the moment Brown was in uniform.

It certainly does, when Seattle never offered anything more than what was ultimately agreed upon. You are never going to accept what is evident, so I'll just leave it at that.

It certainly does, when Seattle never offered anything more than what was ultimately agreed upon. You are never going to accept what is evident, so I'll just leave it at that.

Unless you were in both of those sessions; that’s pure speculation. That I do accept.

At the end of the day Brown reported, McNair ran his mouth, and was called out on it by Brown. Brown was traded a week later. Do you dispute those facts?

I’m sorry, I don’t doubt you about Brown. I was talking about Hopkins.

McClain saying Hopkins was traded because of money undermines his credibility is all I was saying.

As Double Barrel pointed out McClain is on the search committee

Are you surprised by a guy being on search committee carrying Cal's water?

Last edited:
When you say he, do you mean DB or Pancakes?

lol. . . idonno:

If it's me, I'm cool. I trust the more than one source that told me, especially when coupled with McClain's on-going apologist tour as an employee of the Texans flagship station and other local radio personalities alluding to McClain working for Cal.

Lately - really since OB was fired - McClain has clearly lost any and all objectivity. He's obviously got an agenda, and it aligns with being part of the inner circle.

And he's advocating angles as fact that he should be speculating about as a reporter. Especially damning is McClain admitting that JJ will never be traded because Cal doesn't want to lose the goodwill of fans that he believes he obtained from firing OB. This was not stated as speculation. McClain said it as fact, like he's in the know. He got belligerent with John Lopez about it, and they've been friends for decades. John sounded shocked.

lol. . . idonno:

If it's me, I'm cool. I trust the more than one source that told me, especially when coupled with McClain's on-going apologist tour as an employee of the Texans flagship station and other local radio personalities alluding to McClain working for Cal.

Lately - really since OB was fired - McClain has clearly lost any and all objectivity. He's obviously got an agenda, and it aligns with being part of the inner circle.

And he's advocating angles as fact that he should be speculating about as a reporter. Especially damning is McClain admitting that JJ will never be traded because Cal doesn't want to lose the goodwill of fans that he believes he obtained from firing OB. This was not stated as speculation. McClain said it as fact, like he's in the know. He got belligerent with John Lopez about it, and they've been friends for decades. John sounded shocked.

I have noticed this tone also...its almost sickening.

Bottom line is that it's going to be another lost decade unless Cal gets really lucky.

So let's immediately trade Watson to the Bears straight up for Foles. I'm pretty sure you would say he's head and shoulders above Watson so we can finally toss aside the lost decade moniker and get down to the business of letting Foles lead this existing team and coaching staff to a remarkable comeback season and into the organizations first AFCCG. Man, I'd certainly bet every talking NFL anayst would just line up to pat the Texans on the back for a brilliant trade.

Back