Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

NFL Random Thought of the Day

Think Dak Prescott just broke his lower leg/ankle. Hope I'm wrong...
Dak is gone for the remainder of the year. Just broke his ankle. Ouch
You are almost certainly right. And this season has been shitty enough as it is.
Prescott suffered a a compound fracture and dislocation of his right ankle..............he has just gotten out of surgery........'all went well.' I suffered that same injury in HS when I slid into 3rd base...........there was a high throw to the third baseman..........he came down right on my ankle.........with his cleats...........which in those days were sharp metal (outlawed today for obvious reasons)............rough recovery, but I was back to pitching baseball the next season without ill effects.

1602477126977.png

Why didn't Minnesota kick the field goal late in the 4th qtr. They'd have gone up by 8, forcing Seattle to score a TD & convert the 2 point play.

As it stands, Seattle won the game scoring the TD & failing the 2 point conversion.

Prescott suffered a a compound fracture and dislocation of his right ankle..............he has just gotten out of surgery........'all went well.' I suffered that same injury in HS when I slid into 3rd base...........there was a high throw to the third baseman..........he came down right on my ankle.........with his cleats...........which in those days were sharp metal (outlawed today for obvious reasons)............rough recovery, but I was back to pitching baseball the next season without ill effects.

View attachment 6842
Thanks! That's a bit of good news that I can use.

Why didn't Minnesota kick the field goal late in the 4th qtr. They'd have gone up by 8, forcing Seattle to score a TD & convert the 2 point play.

As it stands, Seattle won the game scoring the TD & failing the 2 point conversion.
It seems that they didn't think that Wilson could move the ball 94 yards in less than 2 minutes. I certainly would not have bet against him.

Justin Herbert has arm talent to rival Mahomes.

Mahomes has more off-balance athelticism, but just standing in a tiny box and launching with their arms with velocity and accuracy.. Herbert is effin up there.

That's why I wanted to trade DW4 before he signed that franchise killing contract and draft Herbert.

That's why I wanted to trade DW4 before he signed that franchise killing contract and draft Herbert.

Don't know what he's really made of for the big time moments and whatnot - the pac-whatever is hardly a proving ground - and there are some traits I don't love but I believe are teachable.. that said I wouldn't want to just ditch Watson altogether for him as I see more in DW than you do.. but I thought all along he could well be the best qb of his class and arm talent wise a kid who could make magic when paired with the right scheme etc.

I did say in my Draft post(s) that Herbert seemed more like an OB prototypical QB, If OB had wanted Herbert, he could've certainly moved Watson for the Chargers pick and I'd be pretty certain....Chargers wouldn't have though twice about making that trade.

Now that OB is gone and NFL DC's haven't gotten the requisite 6 games of film on Herbert yet (to make adjustments).....I think the right move was to stay with Watson. Hopefully the McNair's will wake up and finally find a competent GM and HC that can build a team around Watson.

I did say in my Draft post(s) that Herbert seemed more like an OB prototypical QB, If OB had wanted Herbert, he could've certainly moved Watson for the Chargers pick and I'd be pretty certain....Chargers wouldn't have though twice about making that trade.

Now that OB is gone and NFL DC's haven't gotten the requisite 6 games of film on Herbert yet (to make adjustments).....I think the right move was to stay with Watson. Hopefully the McNair's will wake up and finally find a competent GM and HC that can build a team around Watson.

It wasn't the right move. A QB on his rookie deal is much more valuable than 4 yrs/160 mil. Plus I thought Herbert was going to be really good at draft time. So far his play has validated what I saw in Herbert. A big mobile guy with a great arm and touch.

Cam Jordan: Justin Herbert “may be a force to be reckoned with”
Posted by Josh Alper on October 13, 2020, 6:19 AM EDT

After the Chargers played the Buccaneers in Week Four, Bucs head coach Bruce Arians said that he told Chargers head coach Anthony Lynn that he has a “great one” in the rookie quarterback.

The Saints had similar things to say about Herbert after Monday night’s game. Linebacker Demario Davis said Herbert “definitely doesn’t play like a rookie” after the first-round pick threw four touchdowns and Saints head coach Sean Payton concurred while discussing Herbert’s promising future.

“Young kid was out there taking a lot of hits today,” defensive end Cam Jordan said, via Luke Johnson of NOLA.com. “Our front seven got after him pretty well. He made a lot of great plays down the stretch. . . . He may be a force to be reckoned with for years to come.”

Praise from opponents has become a regular occurrence, but so has losing. The Buccaneers came back to beat the Chargers and the Saints rallied from a 20-3 deficit to win in overtime on Monday. That makes four losses in as many starts for Herbert, who said after the game that it means a lot to hear such good reviews, “but I’d love to get the win.”

He’ll get his next chance at a victory in Week Seven against the Jaguars.

It's early and he's big so he can stand in there and take a hit but Herbert looked to just be launching the ball on quite a bit of throws. If he and Drew Lock develop nicely, there could be some intense QB play in the AFC West.

Cam Jordan: Justin Herbert “may be a force to be reckoned with”
Posted by Josh Alper on October 13, 2020, 6:19 AM EDT

After the Chargers played the Buccaneers in Week Four, Bucs head coach Bruce Arians said that he told Chargers head coach Anthony Lynn that he has a “great one” in the rookie quarterback.

The Saints had similar things to say about Herbert after Monday night’s game. Linebacker Demario Davis said Herbert “definitely doesn’t play like a rookie” after the first-round pick threw four touchdowns and Saints head coach Sean Payton concurred while discussing Herbert’s promising future.

“Young kid was out there taking a lot of hits today,” defensive end Cam Jordan said, via Luke Johnson of NOLA.com. “Our front seven got after him pretty well. He made a lot of great plays down the stretch. . . . He may be a force to be reckoned with for years to come.”

Praise from opponents has become a regular occurrence, but so has losing. The Buccaneers came back to beat the Chargers and the Saints rallied from a 20-3 deficit to win in overtime on Monday. That makes four losses in as many starts for Herbert, who said after the game that it means a lot to hear such good reviews, “but I’d love to get the win.”

He’ll get his next chance at a victory in Week Seven against the Jaguars.

I was listening to NFL Radio and they were discussing Herbert and I really understood what they were saying. Herbert success can directly be related to the Chargers HC and OC willfully modifying their offense to better work with Herbert's skill-set. The Chargers have incorporated several things he did within the Ducks offense to make his transition easier. Herbert is the real deal, just like Mahomes was the real deal. Mahomes, like Herbert got Reid who willfully modified his offense to better take advantage of Mahomes skill-set......and it was successful.

OB was the polar opposite. He demanded Watson be shoe-horned into the way he wanted his offense ran and the results were exactly what one would've expected. OB's stubborn mule arse way was his undoing and absolutely stunted Watson's potential and growth. Sunday may be the precursor for Texans fans as to how Watson will quickly grow and become the QB that justifies his draft position. Let's see if Kelly and Watson take another step next week.

I was listening to NFL Radio and they were discussing Herbert and I really understood what they were saying. Herbert success can directly be related to the Chargers HC and OC willfully modifying their offense to better work with Herbert's skill-set. The Chargers have incorporated several things he did within the Ducks offense to make his transition easier. Herbert is the real deal, just like Mahomes was the real deal. Mahomes, like Herbert got Reid who willfully modified his offense to better take advantage of Mahomes skill-set......and it was successful.

OB was the polar opposite. He demanded Watson be shoe-horned into the way he wanted his offense ran and the results were exactly what one would've expected. OB's stubborn mule arse way was his undoing and absolutely stunted Watson's potential and growth. Sunday may be the precursor for Texans fans as to how Watson will quickly grow and become the QB that justifies his draft position. Let's see if Kelly and Watson take another step next week.

Curious, who said that? Because from everything I've seen and read the key so far is that LA's offense is so much more vertical than what Herbert ran at Oregon that it actually accentuates his positive traits in a way that is showing so much more of him to negate some of the questions people had of him going into the draft.

Right.

Anybody remember that Watson kid who was tearing up the league in his first 6 games or so?

Haters gonna hate I guess, ‘cause that’s what they do, especially when there’s a new shiny toy out there.
Herbert is a totally different kind of QB from Watson. Why is it so hard to believe someone would prefer the prototypical form?

Curious, who said that? Because from everything I've seen and read the key so far is that LA's offense is so much more vertical than what Herbert ran at Oregon that it actually accentuates his positive traits in a way that is showing so much more of him to negate some of the questions people had of him going into the draft.

Literally on the NFL Radio 1200-1500 show. Favre is the one who made the statement just before the 0900 show started.

The Chiefs new RG Kelechi Osemele sustained the same injury that took out Derek Newton..................bilateral patellar tendon ruptures.

You may remember that last year on the Jets, Osemele said he needed shoulder labrum surgery, and was threatened with discipline if he didn’t practice or play. Osemele was released by the team for having unapproved surgery and was fined for detrimental conduct. He was eventually paid in full.

Tough history for this young man.

Last edited:
What type? I suppose the type that I are paid to watch and analyze the games.

If Favre was ever hired to do so maybe I missed it and my bad.

I guess analyst of all types are out there but I do like to hear from the guys who spent their HoF careers playing the position in which they have formed an opinion. I like when Manning and Romo (not HoF material but solid observer) have opinions to share in regards to QB play and the offenses a particular QB is playing in.

Josh Allen & the Bill's have got some work to do. Down by 18 to start the 4th & nothing's been working right tonight.

Heck of a throw by Allen.

As an aside, he was able to stand flat footed in the pocket as Tennessee's pass rush was a joke (on that play)

$27M in guaranteed money for a handful of games? Bill OBrien must’ve been salivating at the thought.

RB, Le’Veon Bell has been released by the Jets. It looks like a bad relationship from the get-go and all it culminated in his release today.

Question....is this a guy the Texans could bring in on a look-see?

I guess analyst of all types are out there but I do like to hear from the guys who spent their HoF careers playing the position in which they have formed an opinion. I like when Manning and Romo (not HoF material but solid observer) have opinions to share in regards to QB play and the offenses a particular QB is playing in.

It's always cool when people who've been there share their opinion. For whatever it may be worth. But what makes you think that the person in this particular situation has watched so much as an ounce of Oregon football though? And I say that distinctly because Oregon doesn't run an offense similar to the Chargers... which is the point to this whole back and forth.

Looked to me like a quad tendon rupture, not a quad muscle tear. Tough injury to come back from.

The Bengals have finally revealed that Reader suffered a quadriceps TENDON rupture, not a quadriceps muscle tear.
D.J. Reader, their valuable nose tackle and best interior run player, went down for the year with a torn quad tendon.
link

The ProBowl will not be played this year. It's a precendent that would not bother me the least if it this were a precedent for all future ProBowls............let them substitute a round of Madden.

The Pro Bowl is the latest event to be canceled as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.

The NFL announced today that this season’s Pro Bowl, which had been scheduled for January 31, 2021, will not be played.

The league isn’t officially calling it a cancelation but a “reimagining” of the Pro Bowl. Pro Bowl rosters will still be voted upon by fans, players and coaches, and virtual activities will recognize the game’s biggest stars. But whatever word you want to use for it, the Pro Bowl will not be played.

The NFL also announced that the 2022 Pro Bowl will be played in Las Vegas.
LINK

The ProBowl will not be played this year. It's a precendent that would not bother me the least if it this were a precedent for all future ProBowls............let them substitute a round of Madden.

Like x 1,000.

Can’t remember the last time I watched that game. I remember watching parts of the one Schaub was MVP, but I don’t think I’ve watch a single snap since.

That game is an absolute waste of time. It barely resembles the game, nobody really wants to play in it as many players opt out of it, and they don’t even have the incentive of a trip to Hawaii anymore. Just make it go away.

While Melvin Gordon will be awaiting potential court action and inevitable NFL suspension, he has come down with a case of strep throat which will keep him out of the game against the Patriots.

tenor.gif

Back