Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

NFL Random Thought of the Day

Jaguars LB Leon Jacobs was reported to have suffered a patellar tendon rupture during Thursday's game. However, MRI has now confirmed that he has actually ruptured his ACL instead................................ACL #20.

Last edited:
Josh Allen has 33 TDs and 3 INTs in his last 19 games

The just rewards of a young QB being placed with the right team and an organization who put some importance on building a team around this young QB. Can someone please notify this message board when the Texans organization even remotely begins to resemble the Bills?

Is the Ravens defense any good? They gave up 6 catches to Travis Kelce for 87 yards. That’s 14+ ypc.

Is the Chiefs defense any good? They gave up 83 rushing yards to Lamar Jackson on 9 carries. 9.2 yards a pop.

Six weeks after sustaining a hip injury, Cowboys RT La'el Collins is still on IR. I would be shocked if he does not have a significant labral tear which requires surgery.........and an end to his season.

You can't make this up!

The Jaguars brought K Stephen Hauschka in because they had two kickers injured in the previous two weeks.

Now, Hauschka’s on the injury report himself with a knee injury which kept him from practice Wednesday and limited yesterday.

Last week, with all the "bad luck," the Jaguars signed a K to their PS.

Titans PS TE Tommy Hudson has been suspended by the NFL without pay for 6games for violating league's performance-enhancing drug policy.

I would call this the GOAT bone head mistakes by an NFL starting QB...........especially by THE GOAT QB.

At the very end of the Bucs/Bears game, Brady threw a long pass incomplete...........then went back to form the huddle. The only problem was that he was huddling for a 5th down. Brady lost track of downs and instead of going for easy shorter passes that could probably have eventually led to a win (the real downs were 3rd and 5, and 4th and 5) , he lost the game for the Bucs 20-19 (missing his real 3rd and 4th down passes, thinking he still had 1 more down to get 5 yds for a 1st down).

The mind is a terrible thing to waste..........an even more terrible to lose.

Last edited:
I would call this the GOAT bone head mistakes by an NFL starting QB...........especially by THE GOAT QB.

At the very end of the Bucs/Bears game, Brady threw a long pass incomplete...........then went back to form the huddle. The only problem was that he was huddling for a 5th down. Brady lost track of downs and instead of going for easy shorter passes that could probably have eventually led to a win (the real downs were 3rd and 5, and 4th and 5) , he lost the game for the Bucs 20-19 (missing his real 3rd and 4th down passes, thinking he still had 1 more down to get 5 yds for a 1st down).

The mind is a terrible thing to waste..........an even more terrible to lose.
Bruce Arians, Tom Brady say he knew it was fourth down
Posted by Curtis Crabtree on October 9, 2020, 1:30 AM EDT

If Tom Brady didn’t know it was fourth down on his incomplete pass to Cameron Brate Thursday night, neither he or head coach Bruce Arians are willing to say so.

Brady was asked after the game if he knew it was fourth down when he tried to rip a pass into a well-covered Brate down the field.

“I knew we needed a chunk and I was thinking about more yardage and then, you know, it was just, it was bad execution. We had a great opportunity there. So just didn’t execute when we needed do,” Brady told reporters after the game.
“We just… you’re up against the clock and I knew we had to gain a chunk so I should have been thinking more first down instead of chunk on that down.”

After the play, Brady didn’t immediately head toward the bench and was holding up four fingers in the air as if he anticipated another down was forthcoming.

There was not.

Brady fired incomplete for Mike Evans on first-and-10. Dumped a check down to Ke'Shawn Vaughn for four yards on second down, fired off the hands of Rob Gronkowski on third down before the throw to Brate was broken up by DeAndre Houston-Carson on fourth down.

Arians also said that Brady was aware of what down it was.

“Yeah, he knew. He knew,” Arians said.

Dallas left tackle Tyron Smith has been placed on IR and will miss the entire season. He has had a series of neck re-injuries and now is unable to avoid neck surgery safely any longer.

So now, the Cowboys have lost both of their starting OTs for the season...........RT La'el Collins, was lost earlier to a hip labrum injury that required surgery.

Last edited:
NFL suspends Ian Rapoport two weeks

Ian Rapoport issued a statement to PFT on Friday night explaining that he’ll be off the air until October 22 because “I posted something to my social channels without clearance from NFL Network, which went against its guidelines.”

Per multiple reports, which PFT has confirmed, Rapoport posted a commercial for Manscaped, a device intended to groom the male groin, on Instagram. Rapoport’s colleague, Jane Slater, then posted it on Twitter. Within a day, the video had disappeared; it quickly became clear that the deletion related to the league’s reaction.

Alex Smith Returns to Action

Back