Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

NFL Random Thought of the Day

Can anybody remember the hotel chain that has unresolved contractual issues with the NFL and therefor does not have
access to the NFLs televised games in their rooms ?
I ran into this problem when I was traveling last year during the football season but I dunno maybe the problems have been ironed out
by now ?

Panthers’ David Tepper remains the NFL’s richest owner
Posted by Darin Gantt on September 8, 2020, 10:01 AM EDT

Panthers owner David Tepper remains the NFL’s richest single owner, according to the list of the 400 wealthiest Americans compiled by Forbes magazine.

Tepper’s 41st on the overall list, with an estimated net worth of $13 billion. That’s the kind of wealth that allows you to pay cash ($2.275 billion) for a football team, as he did with the Panthers in 2018.

There are 15 NFL owners among the top 400 list — which gets you down to the people worth a measly $2.1 billion.
Tepper has a fairly wide margin over the second NFL name on the list, as Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is 56th overall at $8.6 billion, followed by Rams owner Stan Kroenke (59th, $8.3 billion), Jaguars owner Shad Khan (66th, $7.8 billion), and Dolphins owner Stephen Ross (74th, $7.4 billion).

Other NFL names to make the list include Patriots owner Robert Kraft (93rd, $6.6 billion), Falcons owner Arthur Blank (105th, $6.1 billion), Bills owner Terry Pegula (129th, $5.5 billion), Ravens owner Stephen Bisciotti (154th, $4.6 billion), Texans owner Janice McNair (197th, $3.9 billion), Saints owner Gayle Benson (249th, $3.3 billion), Colts owner Jim Irsay (278th, $3 billion), Browns owner Jimmy Haslam (295th $2.9 billion), Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie (319th, $2.7 billion), and Washington’s Dan Snyder (327th, $2.6 billion).

The Colts have claimed former Texans DT Eli Ankou off waivers (from Cleveland) and placed TE Trey Burton on IR. Burton has been dealing with a calf strain. They will try to get him back as soon as possible. But a calf tear is always worrisome long-term.

Ryan Shazier “retiring from the game I love”
Posted by Michael David Smith on September 9, 2020, 10:51 AM EDT

Ryan Shazier, the Steelers linebacker who suffered a serious spinal cord injury during a game in December of 2017, has officially announced his retirement.

Despite the serious injury, Shazier’s retirement announcement was a statement of love for the sport of football.

“When I was five years old I made the greatest discovery of my life: I discovered a game I love, the game of football. Ever since then, I’ve given my life to the game. I love everything about it, playing it, practicing it, studying it, watching it, talking about it and thinking about it. Football gave me everything I could ever want and more. It taught me about hard work, dedication, teamwork, it took me to college and the NFL, it made me money and gave me a life that most people could only dream about. I’m here today to make sure the world loves how much I love the game of football,” Shazier said.

Shazier said he now wants to step away from the game to see what else life has in store for him. His football career didn’t end the way he hoped, but he sounds nothing but grateful about his past and optimistic about his future. Steelers fans and fans of every NFL team will wish him luck in the future.

************************************************************************************************
From Feb 2018:

INDIANAPOLIS -- In the wake of a devastating spinal injury, Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker Ryan Shazier won't play football next season.

Shazier has said he hopes to resume his career, but he's still not walking on his own after undergoing spinal stabilization surgery in December. He was shifted to an outpatient therapy program after being discharged from a rehabilitation center at the start of February.

"Ryan Shazier won't play in 2018," Steelers general manager Kevin Colbert said Wednesday at the NFL scouting combine. "He knows that and we know that. We're going to continue to support him in his recovery. So we know going into the season that he won't play. He'll go on a different type of list once we get the determination and once the league year starts, we'll figure out where he'll end up because we'll be at 89 players.

"Fortunately for Ryan, he's covered in that manner and he will be part of our team officially and really unofficially. He's still with us day to day as he rehabs. He involves himself with the team and in team issues and will be a formidable member in 2018." link

****************************************************************************************

Hope is very important in recovery from such an injury. A touch of reality is just as important.

Greatest respect for the young man..............he has come away from football with so much more than most!

[Be sure to watch his retirement announcement video above]

On the last play of practice, Von Miller appears to have sustained a severe ankle tendon injury. It is likely season-ending. It is unlikely that surgery will not be required. But he will be seeking a 2nd opinion from Dr. Robert Anderson.
Wow what a bummer for Miller (& family) and for all Bronco fans.

Fournette is gone. Now Jags RB Devine Ozigbo, one of two RBs they were going to rely on, has been placed on IR...............then Dare Ofunbowale (a familiar face to the Texans) has been signed.

Last edited:
Damn. Just want to enjoy a game of football and get away from all the bs happening in our country and it gets shoved down your throat yet again!
Goodell has chosen to politicize the game - well, you just lost another fan.
I'll focus on NCAAF. Unless of course it flows over into that as well.

The Texans game was disappointing that now I'm looking forward to the noon game and then the Saints/TB game to watch some real football.

Titans rookie first-round OT Isaiah Wilson doesn't look like he is much for self-discipline. He began TC on Reserve/COVID, received a trespass warning while attending a party at Tennessee State in August, was recently placed on Reserve/COVID again.............and now was arrested last night for DUI.

Love this happening to the sisterfvckers.

Titans rookie first-round OT Isaiah Wilson doesn't look like he is much for self-discipline. He began TC on Reserve/COVID, received a trespass warning while attending a party at Tennessee State in August, was recently placed on Reserve/COVID again.............and now was arrested last night for DUI.
Wilson is currently on the NFL’s COVID-19 reserve list, which makes it fair to ask why he was out at all, in addition to asking why he was drinking and driving. Wilson has been on the COVID-19 list twice this offseason. Players can go on the list either because they test positive or because they’ve been exposed to someone who tested positive.

Last month Wilson was given a trespass warning by Tennessee State University police when the university had a strict no-visitors policy on its campus. Coach Mike Vrabel said at the time that he would “stress the importance of good decision making” with Wilson and the team. That message may not have gotten through.
link

Panthers’ David Tepper remains the NFL’s richest owner
Posted by Darin Gantt on September 8, 2020, 10:01 AM EDT

Panthers owner David Tepper remains the NFL’s richest single owner, according to the list of the 400 wealthiest Americans compiled by Forbes magazine.

Tepper’s 41st on the overall list, with an estimated net worth of $13 billion. That’s the kind of wealth that allows you to pay cash ($2.275 billion) for a football team, as he did with the Panthers in 2018.

There are 15 NFL owners among the top 400 list — which gets you down to the people worth a measly $2.1 billion.
Tepper has a fairly wide margin over the second NFL name on the list, as Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is 56th overall at $8.6 billion, followed by Rams owner Stan Kroenke (59th, $8.3 billion), Jaguars owner Shad Khan (66th, $7.8 billion), and Dolphins owner Stephen Ross (74th, $7.4 billion).

Other NFL names to make the list include Patriots owner Robert Kraft (93rd, $6.6 billion), Falcons owner Arthur Blank (105th, $6.1 billion), Bills owner Terry Pegula (129th, $5.5 billion), Ravens owner Stephen Bisciotti (154th, $4.6 billion), Texans owner Janice McNair (197th, $3.9 billion), Saints owner Gayle Benson (249th, $3.3 billion), Colts owner Jim Irsay (278th, $3 billion), Browns owner Jimmy Haslam (295th $2.9 billion), Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie (319th, $2.7 billion), and Washington’s Dan Snyder (327th, $2.6 billion).
Yep me and Dave hang together quite a bit. himin his mansion and me and my one-bedroom apartment.

The Bucs have listed Mike Evans as ''questionable'' after not practicing Wed or Thurs......and limited yesterday. No way he plays, or if he tries he will either extend his hamstring tear, or be entirely ineffective.

Cowboys starting TE Blake Jarwin looked like he tore his ACL. The Cowboys are not confirming it, but it looked to me that indeed that was the case. Expect a confirmation tomorrow.

Packers OG Lane Taylor was reported to have a knee injury. To me, it looked like he sustained an ACL. Will wait for tomorrow to tell us if this is the case.

Last edited:
Brady has now had pick 6 INTs in his last 3 games..........week 17 last season.............then one in the Patriots playoff loss to the Titans..........and now in week 1 (in addition to another plain Jane INT).

The Colts loss of Mack could be a devastating loss, as the Colts RB depth is not impressive. The Colts other RB that took over after Mack's injury, Johnathan Taylor, went on to lead the team with 9 carries for 22 yards (2.4 avg.) including a long run of nine yards.

He was just drinking to forget the rest.

Back