4. Colin Kaepernick 2.40
5. Derek Carr 2.34
6. Steve Young 2.17
7. Peyton Manning 2.15
8. Drew Brees 2.14
9. Tony Romo 2.12
10. Matt Ryan 2.06

Dctp8xoU8AAoEZR.jpg

The patriots have taken another OLine hit. Joe Thuney, their stalwart LG will be undergoing foot surgery and is expected to miss all of OTAs. The Pats are hopeful that he will be available week 1. No details have been released re. his foot injury, but that is not an injury that a big lineman needs to be dealing with when trying to hold off big defenders.

The patriots have taken another OLine hit. Joe Thuney, their stalwart LG will be undergoing foot surgery and is expected to miss all of OTAs. The Pats are hopeful that he will be available week 1. No details have been released re. his foot injury, but that is not an injury that a big lineman needs to be dealing with when trying to hold off big defenders.

Can’t imagine he’ll be 100% by week 1. I’ve been meaning to ask you doc... Isaiah Wynn played through a torn labrum at Senior Bowl. Do you think he’ll be ready week 1?

Can’t imagine he’ll be 100% by week 1. I’ve been meaning to ask you doc... Isaiah Wynn played through a torn labrum at Senior Bowl. Do you think he’ll be ready week 1?
The Pats are saying that he will be ready for "minicamp." No way for rookie minicamp.........and, unless he had a light clean up debridement rather than a formal repair, I don't expect him to do much of anything in the minicamp following OTAs. TC will be a push in itself if a repair was performed. Even, in that case, if he is ready to begin the season, he as a rookie will have fallen way behind...........and will be hit with a steep learning curve in order to be productive. BTW, I would not count on him putting in any time at left tackle as the shoulder requiring repair was his left. Brady will probably have to invest in lots of bubble gum to hold his Oline together.

The Pats are saying that he will be ready for "minicamp." No way for rookie minicamp.........and, unless he had a light clean up debridement rather than a formal repair, I don't expect him to do much of anything in the minicamp following OTAs. TC will be a push in itself if a repair was performed. Even, in that case, if he is ready to begin the season, he as a rookie will have fallen way behind...........and will be hit with a steep learning curve in order to be productive. BTW, I would not count on him putting in any time at left tackle as the shoulder requiring repair was his left. Brady will probably have to invest in lots of bubble gum to hold his Oline together.

So basically... Thuney and Wynn will not be 100% if they play week 1!

One morning in spring training, 2017, he was in the coaches' room looking at his cell phone text messages. Ichiro told the coaches about one message he had just received from a number he didn't recognize. The guy said he'd gotten Ichiro's number from Alex Rodriguez, and that he wanted to come meet him and study his stretching system.

What's the guy's name?" asked one of the coaches.

Ichiro scrolled to the end of the text. "Some guy named Tom Brady. Who the f--- is Tom Brady?"

link

Awright with our opening season game vs the Pats I like the sounds of that.

Per rotoworld:

Patriots released OT Antonio Garcia.

He was cut with a non-football injury designation. It's a stunner as Garcia was under consideration to replace Nate Solder at left tackle. The Patriots traded up to snag Garcia in the third round of last year's draft but he never saw the field in New England, missing his entire rookie season while battling blood clots in his lungs. The 24-year-old is finally healthy but needs to gain back weight after losing 40 pounds during his illness. Despite his health issues, it shouldn't take Garcia long to resurface.
Related: Patriots

Source: Mike Reiss on Twitter

Per rotoworld:

Patriots released OT Antonio Garcia.

He was cut with a non-football injury designation. It's a stunner as Garcia was under consideration to replace Nate Solder at left tackle. The Patriots traded up to snag Garcia in the third round of last year's draft but he never saw the field in New England, missing his entire rookie season while battling blood clots in his lungs. The 24-year-old is finally healthy but needs to gain back weight after losing 40 pounds during his illness. Despite his health issues, it shouldn't take Garcia long to resurface.
Related: Patriots

Source: Mike Reiss on Twitter

A need at LT and he's an ex-Patriot?? He's as good as ours!

Question, I know he was cleared to practice but what are the chances his blood clots return?

Putting on 40 pounds could take a while.

Emmett Cleary retired from the NFL to become a doctor
May 13, 2018, 5:24 AM EDT

Last month Lions offensive lineman Emmett Cleary announced his retirement at age 27, but he didn’t say why he was walking away. Now he has said why: He’s going to medical school.

Cleary told ESPN he started to realize he was always going to be just the guy fighting for a roster spot and a league-minimum salary, and so he decided he wanted something more.

“It’s a tough league, and most guys don’t get to [walk away on their own] for whatever reason,” he said. “But let’s not . . . I’m not Jason Witten here. I’ve been a fringe player for years and years and years. I’ve been cut plenty of times. Yeah, the league was going to be done with me at some point, so I’m not too hung up on the way it ended. I hope JoeThomas got a little more press than me this offseason. That’s truly walking away on your own terms. I’m on the minimum.”

Cleary will start medical school at USC in the fall, and for now he’s in Chicago working as a research assistant and data analyst studying physical therapy and brain function.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Olinemen are supposed to be some of the smartest of NFL positions. Cleary evidently will now turn his attention to another goal. His exit is evidently well thought out and extraordinarily classy. Good luck to the young man.

Last edited:
The Broncos are trying to spin Paxton Lynch not starting being a good thing, in that he will be able to learn behind Case. Elway simply screwed up again..........Lynch doesn't have it in him as a starter.........but whatever makes you feel good.

The Broncos are trying to spin Paxton Lynch not starting being a good thing, in that he will be able to learn behind Case. Elway simply screwed up again..........Lynch doesn't have it in him as a starter.........but whatever makes you feel good.

I think they're hoping Kelly ends up panning out. If he does, he'd be one of the first "Mr. Irrelevant's" to go on and do great things. (In my life time. I'm 28)

Per rotoworld:

Cardinals second-round WR Christian Kirk was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct and property damage back in February.

The Cardinals knew about the arrest before taking Kirk with the No. 47 overall pick. Allegedly, Kirk and some friends were observed throwing rocks at vehicles while leaving the Waste Management Phoenix Open on February 3. They broke the window of at least one vehicle. The case is still pending in Arizona, so it's possible Kirk faces some sort of league discipline down the line.

Source: Arizona Republic

These are the Proposed new NFL Kickoff rules that will be voted on next week by the owners:

1. The kicking team must line up within one yard of the line where the ball is kicked (typically the 35-yard line), and must have five players on each side of the kicker. That changes the rule that allowed players to line up five yards behind the spot where the ball is kicked to get a running start. Now the kicker will be able to get a running start, but everyone else will get one step at best.

2. At least eight of the 11 players on the receiving team must line up within 15 yards of their restraining line, which would typically mean between the kicking team’s 45-yard line and the receiving team’s 40-yard line.

3. At least two players on the kickoff team must be lined up outside the numbers, and two players between the numbers and the hashmark.

4. Until the ball is touched or hits the ground, players on the receiving team can’t cross the restraining line (typically the 45), or initiate a block within 15 yards of the line where the ball is kicked.

5. Wedge blocks will be eliminated. Past rule changes have limited wedge blocks to two players, but now even the two-man wedge will be banned.

6. The ball will be dead if it touches the ground in the end zone. In the past the returner could pick up the ball off the ground in the end zone and run it out, but now it would be a touchback immediately if it touches the ground in the end zone.

A need at LT and he's an ex-Patriot?? He's as good as ours!

Question, I know he was cleared to practice but what are the chances his blood clots return?

Putting on 40 pounds could take a while.

Putting on 40 pounds, whether easy or difficult may not be such a great idea for this player.

From a post in The Texans Random Thought of the Day.:

Garcia's "illness" was never well-publicized, but he developed blood clots which lodged in his lungs (pulmonary emboli).........life-threatening. Patients like this many time must be kept on blood thinners forever, depending on the source of the forming blood clots. Even if they are not, recurrence can still be a significant risk. Furthermore, Garcia in his freshman year missed half the season for an "nondisclosed knee injury." In fact, it was thought to be a simple meniscus tear, but in actuality it was much worse and required microfracture surgery. One of the main criticisms of Garcia in the Draft was his weight (below 290 consistently in college). This was probably purposeful to lessen trauma to the microfracture knee. And it was less important due to the lesser competition at Troy College (big fish in a small pond). He is now at 300 pounds, and it is not known if his knee will weather even this modest increase in weight in the NFL.

It's all a moot point, as he's been picked up from waivers by the Jets.

Elway screwed up several times, big-time, in his attemp to secure the Broncs franchise QB. Still along with Brady the GOAT at QB IMO, but not so much as a GM or atleast as
the QB whisperer.

Anyone else catch that little blurb on ESPN NFL...something like that. They showcased Terrell Owens. Damn! That guy is in amazing shape for 44. Still doing drills and recently popped a 4.5-40 shite and giggles. He has a desire to make a comeback....I think he could do it on a limited basis. I wonder what he could get in the 40 if he was fully prepared to run it?

Already on the first days of OTAs, two players - Chargers TE Hunter Henry and Eagles LB Paul Worrilow - both tore their ACLs.
I dunno is the long layoff between the end of the regular season from the previous year and the beginning of the current years off season workout a possible factor here ?

Had a spotting of former Texans OT Ephraim Salem on CNN today offering his opinion on the kneeling controversy and the recent pronouncement by the league on same.

Anyone else catch that little blurb on ESPN NFL...something like that. They showcased Terrell Owens. Damn! That guy is in amazing shape for 44. Still doing drills and recently popped a 4.5-40 shite and giggles. He has a desire to make a comeback....I think he could do it on a limited basis. I wonder what he could get in the 40 if he was fully prepared to run it?

He could have played for likely 2 or 3 more years had he not been such a distraction and locker room cancer.

Any chance he has humble pie smeared around his mouth after he's lost those 2-3 years? Texans are probably set at WR. If TO minds his P's and Q's....he might find a team who'd be interested in kicking the tires.

TO was cut from the Seahawks when they had no real WR options. His time is done. Being in shape isn't the same as being in football shape.

Ravens lose two OTA sessions after rules violation
For the second time in three years, the Baltimore Ravens are facing NFL discipline for violating offseason workout rules under the league's collective bargaining agreement.

The Ravens will forfeit their final two organized team activities this week as a result of an undisclosed infraction, NFL Vice President of Football Communications Michael Signora announced Tuesday. Owner Steve Bisciotti and coach John Harbaugh have been fined $100,000 and $50,000, respectively, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, via sources informed of the situation.

The Baltimore Sun first reported the team's latest breach of CBA protocol. In a statement released by the team, Harbaugh explained that the Ravens have been "singled out for pass coverage contact" during the early portion of OTAs.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  1. Baltimore Ravens‏Verified account@Ravens 1h1 hour ago
    Ravens statements regarding the NFL ruling:

DfB8uIDXUAIaEh-.jpg

DfB8vYwW4AIs913.jpg

At this point, anything that helps us beat the Pats, I'm fine with. We've had to go to NE 3 times in the last 4 years or something like that. I'm tired of traveling there.

If Edelman’s suspension stands Pats will be playing game 1 without Cooks/Edelman/Amendola at WR. Had Cooks/Amendola against us last season. And projected starting OL Thuney/Wynn having offseason surgeries that will not have them medically cleared until sometime during TC. Not to mention starting OT from last season Solder/Fleming no longer with the team.

But TB12 should still be there so there’s that...

If Edelman’s suspension stands Pats will be playing game 1 without Cooks/Edelman/Amendola at WR. Had Cooks/Amendola against us last season. And projected starting OL Thuney/Wynn having offseason surgeries that will not have them medically cleared until sometime during TC. Not to mention starting OT from last season Solder/Fleming no longer with the team.

But TB12 should still be there so there’s that...

Correctamundo....Patriots have played the Texans in the past with injuries and they just somehow always find a way. The best way to turn this situation around....don't let it come down to O'Brien having to figure out how to protect the lead or win a game in the last minute.

Back