Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

NFL Random Thought of the Day

Looks like the $$$$ saved on Ogletree is going to Talib and the new Rams badboy secondary. Wade will have all kinds of fun with these guys. Just gotta find another pass rusher/LB and NT in the draft. With the trades they've made picking up draft picks for Quin, this is very doable.

Peters/Talib/a Healthy Sheilds and Joyner/Johnson at S. Yep, Wade's gonna have a great defense again next yr provided they can stay healthy.

Texans need to make this easy and go ahead get Brandon Weeden back under contract for a season. Texans could probably secure his services for between 600K and 800K. I would trust him with a couple of starts if needed in 2018. Texans have Heinicke as a 3rd QB for 2018 and they can sign an UDFA as a camp arm. The team will have the requisite picks in 2019 to make an investment in a QB if the 2018 performances of the teams QB's warrant this move. This could remain a low cost position with high yield results for the next few years. Keep these chess pieces moving while building depth for today and the future.

Last edited:
Looks like the $$$$ saved on Ogletree is going to Talib and the new Rams badboy secondary. Wade will have all kinds of fun with these guys. Just gotta find another pass rusher/LB and NT in the draft. With the trades they've made picking up draft picks for Quin, this is very doable.

Peters/Talib/a Healthy Sheilds and Joyner/Johnson at S. Yep, Wade's gonna have a great defense again next yr provided they can stay healthy.
Wowser, what a pair of corners ! Talib & Peters: lets hope for Wades and the Rams sake that they are both Bloods or both Cripps, not one of each.

Wowser, what a pair of corners ! Talib & Peters: lets hope for Wades and the Rams sake that they are both Bloods or both Cripps, not one of each.

I'm sure when the Rams make a long run in the playoffs the fans wont care.

Phillips and Talib got along great in Denver and I'm sure they will again.

This isn't really surprising that the Son of Bum relates well to his players.

# The Rams org is putting winning 1st. As it should be.

I'm sure when the Rams make a long run in the playoffs the fans wont care.

Phillips and Talib got along great in Denver and I'm sure they will again.

This isn't really surprising that the Son of Bum relates well to his players.

# The Rams org is putting winning 1st. As it should be.
OK thanks for bringing it up because I totally forgot about the history that Wade and Talib had in Denver which was certainly positive - they won a SB.
On the other hand Andy Reid is also known to be a coach who "relates well to his players" like Wade but Reid clearly failed in his opportunity with Peters.
But it's gonna be fun in LA this year, come to think of it it's too bad 2018 couldn't have been the
Hard Knocks year for the Rams.

OK thanks for bringing it up because I totally forgot about the history that Wade and Talib had in Denver which was certainly positive - they won a SB.
On the other hand Andy Reid is also known to be a coach who "relates well to his players" like Wade but Reid clearly failed in his opportunity with Peters.
But it's gonna be fun in LA this year, come to think of it it's too bad 2018 couldn't have been the
Hard Knocks year for the Rams.

Peters is a bit of a headcase, but you dont have to worry about him getting arrested and he's all about football. His brain just isn't wired right.

I would've loved to see the Rams on Hard Knocks next yr.

Peters is a bit of a headcase, but you dont have to worry about him getting arrested and he's all about football. His brain just isn't wired right.

I would've loved to see the Rams on Hard Knocks next yr.
But don't you see Peters also had prohibited activity for the Hunt & McNair families - took the kneeling position when they played the NA.

Will the Texans become the new LOB?
Sign Richard Sherman and trade for Earl Thomas.
That would be a quick fix to our secondary.

And if Watt, Mercilus and Clowney can all stay healthy for a full season, a really big if, all of a sudden you may be talking about the best defense in the league.

Nuk is already recruiting Richard Sherman.
He's been recruiting a lot of guys.
Malcom Butler, Jimmy Graham, Richard Sherman.
Can we sign them all and trade for Earl Thomas?

https://clutchpoints.com/texans-news-deandre-hopkins-reaches-out-to-richard-sherman-after-release/

deandrehopkins
Verified

28427759_1518189501609913_8481180406543024128_n.jpg

rsherman25

LikeComment
34,864 likes

The Browns just shipped two draft picks (2018, and 1 in 2019) to the Dolphins for WR Jarvis Landry.

Is it just me or has this been one of the busiest offseason for trades so far??

Last edited:
Damn, the Browns just traded a 2018, 35rd round pick (65th pick) to the Bills for Tyrod Taylor.....

I think the Browns could be positioning themselves for a trade in RD1 that puts them in a position to possibly gain RB, Barkley and a top QB prospect...maybe Josh Allen. Taylor would be a decent bridge QB while Barkley could have a E. Elliott type of impact in his first season, especially behind the OL they built last season.

I think the Browns could be positioning themselves for a trade in RD1 that puts them in a position to possibly gain RB, Barkley and a top QB prospect...maybe Josh Allen. Taylor would be a decent bridge QB while Barkley could have a E. Elliott type of impact in his first season, especially behind the OL they built last season.

Or maybe they roll with Taylor while Kizer gets his big boy panties ready to play in a couple of years. And the Browns draft Barkley and Fitzpatrick. They need some secondary help as well. This is not my idea, I got this from a friend who has been a Browns .....holy ****. As I was typing this, the Browns traded Kizer to the Packers for CB Damarious Randall. And there is the CB they needed.

Or maybe they roll with Taylor while Kizer gets his big boy panties ready to play in a couple of years. And the Browns draft Barkley and Fitzpatrick. They need some secondary help as well. This is not my idea, I got this from a friend who has been a Browns .....holy ****. As I was typing this, the Browns traded Kizer to the Packers for CB Damarious Randall. And there is the CB they needed.

Oh-oh...could the Browns be setting up an opportunity to get both Barkley and Allen?

BEREA, Ohio– The Cleveland Browns were busy on Friday.

First, they added wide receiver Jarvis Landryfrom the Dolphins. Then, they made a deal for Bills quarterback Tyrod Taylor. Minutes after that story broke, Cleveland also acquired Packers cornerback Damarious Randall.

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported on Friday that Cleveland agreed to trade a third-round draft pick for Taylor.
Oh-oh...could the Browns be setting up an opportunity to get both Barkley and Allen?
Foget about Barkley in the top 5, get a back in the second or later round and use that top 5 pick for an edge guy, OT, or CB, or other high-value position.

Or they roll with TT and draft Barkley and maybe Fitzpatrick or Nelson

They need to draft their franchise QB and let him learn under TT. I'm sure Dorsey is hoping this is the last time he will be picking high enough to get his franchise QB.

The Browns certainly should be much better next yr. 8-8 shouldn't be out of the question. Their defense was already pretty good and they just added another above avg CB. They only need to add a S and they have 4 picks in the top 35.

Their OL was already decent and adding a slot like Landry to go with Gordon and if Coleman can stay healthy that's a pretty dynamic WR group. If Barkley falls to 4 there's some playmakers for a very avg TT. If they draft Darnold/Rosen the furture should be very bright.

Sashi Brown really set the Browns up to be good for yrs but lost his job because he couldn't evaluate QB talent. (Wentz/Watson)

Got to give the Browns new FO Team kudos....they've traded for 3 instant upgrades while keeping all 5 of their RD1 and RD2 picks.

Teddy Bridgewater won’t say if his knee injury will affect his offseason work

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 21, 2018, 4:12 PM EDT

Jets quarterback Teddy Bridgewater has only $500,000 guaranteed on his new contract, which means if he doesn’t look good in offseason work, the team could easily release him and walk away. So it’s not a great sign that he won’t say whether he’s confident his bad knee will allow him to go through offseason work.

Asked today by New York reporters whether he’ll be able to participate in spring workouts, Bridgewater declined to answer.

“That’s something I’m not comfortable talking about right now,” Bridgewater said. “I’m pretty sure that’ll be a discussion that I have with the training staff. We’ll come up with a plan moving forward.”

Bridgewater suffered a severe injury in August of 2016 that forced him to miss all of that season, and he only appeared in one game in 2017. But he does say he’ll be ready to play when the season starts.

“I’m very confident,” Bridgewater said. “I’m confident in myself. I’m confident in the athletic training staff and the coaching staff here that they can eventually get me back to the player that I once was… But we’re only in March. The only way to get better is put the work in now. . . . I just can’t wait. I’m excited.”

But while Bridgewater says he can’t wait, his answers suggest that it might be a wait of several months before he’s participating in on-field drills.

Michael Bennett indicted on felony charge in Texas

Published: March 23, 2018 at 03:18 p.m.
  • Updated: March 23, 2018 at 04:49 p.m.

Philadelphia Eagles defensive end Michael Bennett was indicted Friday by a Texas grand jury on a felony abuse charge for allegedly injuring an elderly NRG Stadium worker following Super Bowl LI last year.

The Harris County District Attorney's Office accuses Bennett of injuring a 66-year-old paraplegic woman who was working to control access to the field during the game. Prosecutors claim Bennett, 32, injured the victim after he pushed his way onto the field after being told to use another entrance for field access.

"We are aware of the situation involving Michael Bennett and are in the process of gathering more information," the Eagles said in a statement. "Because this is an ongoing legal matter, we will have no further comment at this time."

The charge Bennett is facing -- injury to the elderly -- includes intentionally and knowingly, causing bodily injury to a person 65 years or older. It carries a maximum penalty of up to 10 years in prison and a $10,000 fine.

A league spokesperson told NFL Network's Tom Pelissero that the NFL is looking into the matter.

An arrest warrant has been issued, and the Harris County DA said it has been in contact with Bennett's counsel regarding his surrender. Houston Police Dept. Chief Art Acevedo said his department has been in contact with the NFL over the incident.

Police forwarded its findings in the case to prosecutors in December, a Harris County DA spokesman confirmed to NFL.com. Specifics regarding the victim's injuries have not been made public.

In a news conference, Houston police chief Art Acevedo painted a picture of Bennett as a disrespectful, arrogant, self-obsessed celebrity with no regard for the health and safety of law enforcement or the paraplegic woman he shoved aside. He said Bennett cursed at the security as he made his way past the guards.

“Bennett may think because he’s an NFL player and because some time has passed, he may have thought rules don’t apply to him,” Acevedo said. “Number two, that he doesn’t have to respect the dignity of a paraplegic woman trying to earn a living.”

The Eagles released a statement saying they’re looking into the matter but have no further comment.

On the flip side, Acevedo said there’s no video of the incident and that the only witness was another officer. They also said Bennett’s case took more than a year to investigate because of resources and other, more high-profile priorities.

Skeptics will wonder how an incident of this nature could go unnoticed and undiscussed for more than a year with the amount of video and scrutiny at the nation’s biggest and most-watched sporting event.

Houston police also didn’t give specific information about the extent of the injuries suffered by the paraplegic woman, noting only that she sustained a shoulder sprain that required some medical treatment.

Needless to say, there’s a lot of questions that need to be answered, by Bennett, the Houston police and the Eagles.LINK

Skeptics will wonder how an incident of this nature could go unnoticed and undiscussed for more than a year with the amount of video and scrutiny at the nation’s biggest and most-watched sporting event.

This ^^^^

A year later and they don't have video evidence??
sounds fishy to me.

Are the Pats considering trading Gronk?

The Boston Sports Journal's Greg Bedard passes along word from a "Bill Belichick-friendly source" that the longer Rob Gronkowski goes without committing to the team, the chances of the Patriots trading him increase.

This is pure speculation, but it isn't the first time we've seen it, as MMQB's Albert Breer hinted at it as well in a piece on Thursday. Both Breer and Bedard are ex-Patriots beat writers with plenty of connections to the team. Gronkowski has yet to inform the Patriots of his 2018 plans, and some think Belichick could use that as fuel to trade the star tight end, who may be tiring of playing at a massive discount in New England. Bedard mentions the 49ers and Rams as suitors should Gronkowski become available. 29-year-old (in May) Gronk is the fourth-highest-paid tight end at $9 million per year and has two years left on his deal.

Please let this be true. Brady is great. But not as great without Gronk. And if Gronk goes to the NFC, all the better. And no, the Texans aren't trading for Gronkowski. They don't have the picks and Belichick isn't letting O'Brien get him.

Are the Pats considering trading Gronk?

Please let this be true. Brady is great. But not as great without Gronk. And if Gronk goes to the NFC, all the better. And no, the Texans aren't trading for Gronkowski. They don't have the picks and Belichick isn't letting O'Brien get him.
Report: Gronk is frustrated with Belichick, but likely to keep playing anyway
Posted by Michael David Smith on April 1, 2018, 7:06 AM EDT

Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski acknowledged after the Super Bowl that he needed some time to think about whether he wants to keep playing. It sounds like he does, but it’s still not a sure thing.

Jeff Darlington of ESPN reports that Gronkowski recently told people he is likely to keep playing, but he has seriously considered retiring in part because of lingering frustration with coach Bill Belichick.

Gronkowski has battled injuries throughout his career, most recently a concussion in the AFC Championship Game. But reports have indicated his consideration of retiring may have more to do with being burned out emotionally than anything physical. Gronkowski has said that he saves the money he makes from the Patriots, so he could afford to retire, and he has other options, including acting and pro wrestling.

The report also says that Belichick has had some frustrations with Gronkowski and has questioned whether he’s fully committed to Belichick’s way of doing things.

If Gronkowski wants to keep playing, but not for Belichick, a trade could make sense for all involved. But the Patriots would surely want something significant in return for Gronkowski, and any team trading for him would need an assurance that he’s committed to continuing to play.

If Gronkowski is healthy and ready to go, he remains the best tight end in the NFL. His situation will bear monitoring until we have a definitive answer about his future.

Aldon Smith failed to appear for a hearing today so a warrant was issued for his arrest. What a waste.
Smith hasn't played in the NFL since 2015, after being suspended in August of that year for violating the NFL Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse. This last abuse incident occurred immediately after he had consumed 2 bottles of tequilla!

Broncos pass rusher Von Miller is being investigated by the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) after catching a hammerhead shark while on a fishing trip last week,as first reported by TMZ andconfirmedbyThe Denver Post.

While fishing off the coast of Miami, Miller caught a hammerhead shark and posted video on social media. According toThe Post, the shark was nine-and-a-half feet long.

According to TMZ, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) complained about Miller catching the shark, and accused Miller and the group he was fishing with of killing the shark. According toThe Post, Miller put the shark back in the ocean after taking pictures of the catch.
https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/04/04/von-miller-investigation-catching-hammerhead-shark-florida-broncos
I hope for Millers sake he wasn't guilty of any illicit activity with that freakin fish, because those animal fanatics at PETA would ruin a persons career over the inappropriate treatment of a goldfish if it were possible.

Vic Carucci‏Verified account@viccarucci 2h2 hours ago

@68INCOGNITO just told me the following: "I'm, done. That's it. It's been a long career. Went to the doctor. My liver and kidneys are shutting down. The stress is killing me. It's just about doing what's right. I just want to be in the Hall of Fame." Full story to come.

He has been very unhappy about the BIlls restructuring his contract. Despite the apparent finality of his Tweet Incognito has said that he would consider 1 more year.........if the price was right.

BTW, stress would not have been the reason his "liver and kidneys are shutting down." In light of his long history of violence, undoubtedly drugs, steroids and alcohol is at the source.

Back