Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

NFL Random Thought of the Day

He has been very unhappy about the BIlls restructuring his contract. Despite the apparent finality of his Tweet Incognito has said that he would consider 1 more year.........if the price was right.

BTW, stress would not have been the reason his "liver and kidneys are shutting down." In light of his long history of violence, undoubtedly drugs, steroids and alcohol is at the source.

Incognito had quite the reputation for cocaine, steroids, and alcohol when he was in college. He had more than a few run-ins with the authorities, most of which were swept under the rug to keep him eligible. Still, he was dismissed from two different programs.

Incognito had quite the reputation for cocaine, steroids, and alcohol when he was in college. He had more than a few run-ins with the authorities, most of which were swept under the rug to keep him eligible. Still, he was dismissed from two different programs.
Things started way before college. Both of his parents were psychopaths............that combination typically creates psychopathic offsprings. Incognito has never followed rules.............but the parental combination did.

I think this very detailed 2013 article would interest you (and others).

Smith was almost incomprehensibly drunk when he showed up to get fitted for an ankle monitor that would track his alcohol intake.

:toropalm:
Report: Aldon Smith had blood alcohol level of 0.40
April 11, 2018, 5:33 PM EDT

Aldon Smith arrived at the San Francisco Sheriff’s Department for ankle monitoring Friday with a blood alcohol level of 0.40, Evan Sernoffsky of the San Francisco Chronicle reports.

Smith immediately was arrested for a violation of his parole.

He appeared briefly in court Wednesday and remains in jail custody, per Sernoffsky, with his next destination likely an in-custody, residential rehab facility.

The list of pending charges against Smith now includes three separate counts of contempt of court. Smith previously was arrested for violating the terms of a protective order arising from a domestic violence arrest and had a bench warrant issued for his arrest after failing to appear at a court hearing.

Sorry Wolf, if Dez would have any interest in the Texans, I'd invite him in right away. Dez would be coming to a team that already has its marque WR, but he would be a major step up as a WR2 for this team and Watson if healthy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Max
Not to mention that he would never take a step down in position or a cut in pay to come to Houston, so kiss that idea goodbye

30715974_1905026442877368_1084111326751490048_n.jpg

Not to mention that he would never take a step down in position or a cut in pay to come to Houston, so kiss that idea goodbye

He will be playing for someone this season....it wont be for his asking price and he knows this. Remember, you can always start high and negotiate from there...can't start low and hope like hell they'll go up. My guess, he's going to wind up playing for about 6-8M for a 1 year deal....with enough bonuses involved to allow him to prove that he's a 12M+ WR. He's not going to sit for a season either.

He will be playing for someone this season....it won't be for his asking price and he knows this. Remember, you can always start high and negotiate from there...can't start low and hope like hell they'll go up. My guess, he's going to wind up playing for about 6-8M for a 1-year deal....with enough bonuses involved to allow him to prove that he's a 12M+ WR. He's not going to sit for a season either.

I get it! teams are gonna start low and work their way up the pay scale, but I am telling you Dez isn't budging he thinks way too highly of
himself. see's nothing wrong with his game, Blames everyone else for his problems, And teams are just going to keep blackballing him like
they have done with Kap until Dez learns to cool his jets

so maybe sitting out a year is an option for him, Go play football in the CFL for a season, See if that lightens the mood up but as long as
he continues this whoa is me, I'm a victim, Pay me mentality he's got no chance at signing anywhere this year

Daryl Worley arrested, allegedly found passed out in vehicle
10:43 AM CT
  • ESPN

Philadelphia Eagles cornerback Daryl Worley was arrested Sunday morning after he was allegedly found passed out inside a vehicle blocking a highway, according to NFL Network.

The Eagles confirmed Worley's arrest and said they were "in the process of gathering more information."

Though no decision has been made, the team is considering releasing Worley, according to ESPN's Tim McManus and The Philadelphia Inquirer. Key decision-makers are set to discuss the matter Sunday, a source said.

According to NFL Network, Worley was tased during the 6 a.m. arrest after he allegedly became combative toward police. A gun was also found at the scene, according to the report, which added that the incident occurred near the Eagles' team facility.

Incognito again proves his psychopathy.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Richie Incognito asks to be released from his contract

April 15, 2018, 6:10 AM EDT

Richie Incognito wants out of the contract he just signed last month.

Incognito, who re-did his deal with the Bills on March 15, only to say he was firing his agents and then say he was retiring, now says he wants the Bills to cut him.

“Please release me from my contract,” Incognito wrote on Twitter, in a message directed at the Bills. “Contact Athletes First for further updates. Thank you for your service.”

That he’s telling the Bills to contact Athletes First is odd, given that he fired them as his agents over Twitter 10 days ago.

What seems to have happened is that Athletes First negotiated a new contract for Incognito, he now wishes he hadn’t signed that contract, he knows he can’t get out of the contract by retiring because then he’d have to pay back his signing bonus, and now he wants the Bills to cut him so he doesn’t have to pay his signing bonus.

If the Bills don’t grant his wish, Incognito can un-retire and show up to the Bills’ offseason program, which starts tomorrow. Things could get even more interesting then.

gee.... thanks for that reminder.

You're turning this into the "NFL depressing thought of the day" thread.
:D

Looks like DT Malik McDowell is soon going to be released by the Seahawks, who used their 1st pick in the 2017 Draft on him. He has not played a down in the NFL due to a July 2017 (the worrisome, "let me see how I can get into trouble" break time between minicamp and training camp) ATV accident which has been reported as a "concussion." In fact, he suffered significant brain damage from which he has not recovered besides sustaining multiple facial fractures. Last Dec sealed his fate when he was arrested for disorderly conduct.

Do not want
Hasn't he "officially" been branded as a bust?
It will all depend on what offensive scheme he is used to at Miami and if Texans coaching staff think that will translate to Texans.
He played left and right tackle at UM but was a miserable failure at Giants. Perhaps he couldn't make the transition to their scheme.
Still, he is a risk. Not worth more than a sixth right now and only because he has played in the nfl.

Hasn't he "officially" been branded as a bust?
It will all depend on what offensive scheme he is used to at Miami and if Texans coaching staff think that will translate to Texans.
He played left and right tackle at UM but was a miserable failure at Giants. Perhaps he couldn't make the transition to their scheme.
Still, he is a risk. Not worth more than a sixth right now and only because he has played in the nfl.
The scheme at Miami was the same one that Texan FA Seantrel Henderson played in. Flowers blocked for the least mobile QB this side of Tom Savage. There was a lot of problems with a lot of players in East Rutherford. Can't be all the players' fault. I would trade a contingent 2019 pick for Flowers. And Giant CB Eli Apple. There's talent there that maybe O'Brien and staff could tap.

“Creative thinking” could lead to revamped kickoff (or whatever it will be)
April 26, 2018, 6:43 PM EDT

Is the kickoff going away? If it is, what will take its place?

That’s all to be determined, but it remains clear that the kickoff as currently configured will be going away, sooner or later. (And probably sooner.)

The best alternative articulated to date entails a fourth-and-15 play from the 30 yard line of the team that would be kicking. This allows the punt to simulate the kickoff, a play from scrimmage to simulate a planned onside kick, and a fake punt to simulate a surprise onside kick. (It also allows a team to pooch punt from scrimmage and pin the other team deep at a point in the game where the team that still trails would have otherwise been torn between kicking away or kicking onside.)

Apparently there are other alternatives, even if they’ve yet to be unveiled. Either way, it’s clear that more changes are coming.
the rest of the story

Heard two comments on NFL Network, one last night and one this morning, that Case Keemun is the Bronco starter.

I had known he had been signed by Denver but had paid no attention to the details and had not known he had been signed to be the starter.

He signed a two year contract for $36M, with $25M guaranteed.

Heard two comments on NFL Network, one last night and one this morning, that Case Keemun is the Bronco starter.

I had known he had been signed by Denver but had paid no attention to the details and had not known he had been signed to be the starter.

He signed a two year contract for $36M, with $25M guaranteed.

Elway introduced their new QB as Case "Keesum".............way to go GM!:toropalm::kubepalm::wadepalm:

Matt Ryan signs a 5-year $150 million extension! Making him the highest paid QB!!!
$30 million per year...............$100 million GUARANTEED!!!

NFL’s Kickoff Proposal Includes no Running Start
May 4, 2018 // by Shaun Ranft

The NFL isn’t getting rid of kickoffs just yet. But they do keep thinking of ways to make them safer for players. In fact, their latest proposal includes no running start for the kicking team. According to Jenny Vrentas of MMQB.com:

“As Troy Vincent said yesterday, the NFL plans to make changes to the kickoff for 2018—but not eliminate it. Special teams coaches around the league collaborated on a proposal to modify the play & make it safer by reducing some of the play’s space and speed.

“Language of the proposed rule change is still being finalized before vote at May meetings but changes would include no running start for kicking team, no wedge & only three players deep.”

But if the play doesn’t become safer, the NFL wants to eliminate the play entirely. However, will they pull the trigger? After all, the NFL is dangerous by nature. And yet, that’s not going to stop the league from trying.

Jeremy Hill is done. I’d keep an eye on Gillislee.

Really confused about how Hill fell off so much. Led league in rushing over final 8 games of his rookie season but never showed anything positive since. I’d prefer his college backup Alfred Blue over him now.

Really confused about how Hill fell off so much. Led league in rushing over final 8 games of his rookie season but never showed anything positive since. I’d prefer his college backup Alfred Blue over him now.

He totally looked the role and just never flourished. It was very bizarre.

Back