Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

DW4 Traded to Cleveland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember people were claiming victory on that draft. And now just 4 seasons later, only one player from that draft remains (Reid) and there's a good chance he's not returning.

I see it again, people claiming victory on last year's draft. I hope they're right, but I'm not giving any judgement until these rookies' 3rd season.

Akins is still around for now.

If Mills is the guy then this will have been an outstanding draft.

Akins is still around for now.

If Mills is the guy then this will have been an outstanding draft.

True, forgot about Akins, but he's most likely gone as well.

If Mills is the guy, then of course, definitely a great draft. Don't even care what happens to the other picks. Big IF though. That's why we have to wait to see how these picks pan out before claiming Nick had a great draft. I recall ALOT of people saying Gaine had a great draft after that first season.

I remember people were claiming victory on that draft. And now just 4 seasons later, only one player from that draft remains (Reid) and there's a good chance he's not returning.

I see it again, people claiming victory on last year's draft. I hope they're right, but I'm not giving any judgement until these rookies' 3rd season.

Yeah, I remember being very surprised and excited by that draft because everyone was excited. He drafted people that a lot of people were happy about.

But this is why those draft grades right after a draft are just clickbait BS. It's just a beauty contest at that point and everyone has their own scorecard with their own likes and dislikes.

That draft turned out to be not so great.

On the other hand, could a different coaching staff have made a lot more from those same players and developed them into a great draft?

When it comes to DW4 and trade scenarios, I just can't get into that. It's interesting to see people come up with all these different variations of picks and players, but in the end, I think I'd be happy with a couple of bags of Old El Paso Cheesy Tortilla Chips. Because that's more than I think we're actually going to get from him.

True, forgot about Akins, but he's most likely gone as well.

If Mills is the guy, then of course, definitely a great draft. Don't even care what happens to the other picks. Big IF though. That's why we have to wait to see how these picks pan out before claiming Nick had a great draft. I recall ALOT of people saying Gaine had a great draft after that first season.

Yo can say you have to wait 3 yrs to judge most drafts.

Particularly drafts that you're not picking in until the 3rd rd.

Yo can say you have to wait 3 yrs to judge most drafts.

Particularly drafts that you're not picking in until the 3rd rd.
I think it's completely fair to judge a draft right after the draft. With the information we have at the time it's about the GM addressing needs of the roster.

Three years later it's a totally different grade. It's about the player & the coaches production at that time.

Like Davenport. I think he was a good 4th round pick thrown into the starting role way too early. There were no delusions on the part of the Texans when they drafted him. He was a project from the beginning.

Like if you were to buy a 1970 Barracuda that you knew was in good shape, but not great shape, then enter it into a car show after minimal work. You're not likely going to win the car show. The fault was not in acquiring the 'Cuda. It was in what failed to happen between getting the car & putting it into the car show.

I think it's completely fair to judge a draft right after the draft. With the information we have at the time it's about the GM addressing needs of the roster.

Three years later it's a totally different grade. It's about the player & the coaches production at that time.

Like Davenport. I think he was a good 4th round pick thrown into the starting role way too early. There were no delusions on the part of the Texans when they drafted him. He was a project from the beginning.

Like if you were to buy a 1970 Barracuda that you knew was in good shape, but not great shape, then enter it into a car show after minimal work. You're not likely going to win the car show. The fault was not in acquiring the 'Cuda. It was in what failed to happen between getting the car & putting it into the car show.

Agreed. It's totally fair to judge a draft immediately after it occurs, because it's understood that it's a judgement based on the parameters at that time, with the knowledge that further evaluation will be made over time

I notice how they play year 1. After that I go by how they improve (or don't). After 3 years you have a good idea of what they are going to be. If they are making improvements each year or for that matter through the season they likely will be good. However, if they are mistake prone and don't improve you can normally see what they are doing by mid 2nd year. But I agree year 3 is either they are good or get rid of them. Texans have a habit of getting rid of players that they just use wrong. Jacoby Jones as an example was a decent WR, only decent. Yet he excelled in the return game. Due to the staff not being able to get a read on this they got rid of him. He bit us in the butt with a TD on a return the next year. Showing that had we used him as a 3rd or 4th WR and a returner...he could have been good here. Stuff like that also plays a role

What do you have to trade? I have some grainy UFO pics.
Anthony Quinn's used undershirt.

6914fafa-3d7b-4965-a1b7-e03c5286c52f_screenshot.jpg

I'm sure Caserio would too.

i wonder if nick is a gambling man would he trade watson within the division for maybe more chips

i mean i think watson is good very food but there were time in his career were he lost us games

Denver,Vikings,Tenn games come to mind

maybe nick thinks we can trade him to tenn or jags and we can handle him ..???? same why philly traded mcnabb to Washington

i wonder if nick is a gambling man would he trade watson within the division for maybe more chips

i mean i think watson is good very food but there were time in his career were he lost us games

maybe nick thinks we can trade him to tenn or jags and we can handle him ..???? same why philly traded mcnabb to Washington
Difference is, McNabb was at the end of his career. Watson could have another 8 years, at least, of top 5 QB play in him.

I am unsure if Watson would want to go to another screwed up team like the Jags but if he would I think he would prefer the Jets. No way do I see him going to the Titans.

Man lol every quarterback has lost their teams some games. It’s the nature of the beast. I really don’t know why fans try to use certain phases to justify things. On the field Watson was darn good.

Ummm do we not know there’s a NTC in Watson contract. That joker holds the key to were he will be traded to. Dude would have to wave it.

Man lol every quarterback has lost their teams some games. It’s the nature of the beast. I really don’t know why fans try to use certain phases to justify things. On the field Watson was darn good.

Ummm do we not know there’s a NTC in Watson contract. That joker holds the key to were he will be traded to. Dude would have to wave it.
If Miami and Giants are out would DW be more willing to open up to more teams?

If convicted hopefully from a jail cell doing atleast 25 yrs he will be wishing he had the keys.

Teams in need of a QB: CAR, CLE, DEN, DET, GB, HOU, IND, MIA, MIN, NO, NYG, PHI, PIT, SEA, TB, TEN, WAS

…..this group could be dwindled down to teams with the following:

1. Available Cap space.
2. Draft assets and/or players to package in a deal acceptable to Caserio.
3. Watson’s willingness to waive his NTC for a potential suitor.

Teams in need of a QB: CAR, CLE, DEN, DET, GB, HOU, IND, MIA, MIN, NO, NYG, PHI, PIT, SEA, TB, TEN, WAS

Remove the Giants, the owner said no way. Same with Browns, Pitt, Wash, IND, Det...easier to say only list Mia and maybe Phil (due to closeness to NY). The other teams he is not going to lift his NTC.

Yep…..Watson would make the 49’ers and Rams better. Probably a much bigger impact with the 49’ers. With Watson, 49’ers are in the SB and the favorites to win.

You're kidding yourself.

I know you love you some Derrick but last time he was leading his team in a big playoff game 51-7 happened. So I would never suppose that he would win a big game.

In the playoffs this year, I would take Burrow/Allen/Mahomes/Stafford/Brady over Derrick

Last edited:
You're kidding yourself.

I know you love you some Derrick but last time he was leading his team in a big playoff game 51-7 happened. So I would never suppose that he would win a big game.

In the playoffs this ye, I would take Burrow/Allen/Mahomes/Stafford/Brady over Derrick

Sure. But not Garappolo.

You're kidding yourself.

In the playoffs this ye, I would take Burrow/Allen/Mahomes/Stafford/Brady over Derrick

Remind me again as to when Watson ever had a team around him of the 49’ers quality. You’re throwing around 51-7 far too loosely.

Also, Mahomes was outscored 24-3 which came at the hands of the underdog. Thing is, Mahomes talent was absolutely superior to Watson’s Texans.

I don’t have to “love me some Derrick” to know that having him under center with the 49’ers and their talent on both sides on the ball to say they probably win the game against the Rams.

Last edited:
…..this group could be dwindled down to teams with the following:

1. Available Cap space.
2. Draft assets and/or players to package in a deal acceptable to Caserio.
3. Watson’s willingness to waive his NTC for a potential suitor.

Yep. It's the most "Goldilocks" situation that I've ever seen. Everything has to be juuuust right for the Goldilocks QB to be happy and waive his NTC, too.

Remove the Giants, the owner said no way. Same with Browns, Pitt, Wash, IND, Det...easier to say only list Mia and maybe Phil (due to closeness to NY). The other teams he is not going to lift his NTC.

You can add WFT team back on potential landing spots. Rivera came out and asked straight up, “why wouldn’t Watson want to come to Washington?” The Steelers could be a player b/c there’s no way they could get a better QB than Watson from their draft position. Mayfield has probably played himself out of Cleveland and Watson could be a huge answer as a replacement. Miami has pulled their name and chose to stick with the development of Tua. The Eagles are a bit of the unknown b/c no one has truly heard how they feel about Hurts going forward.

You can add WFT team back on potential landing spots. Rivera came out and asked straight up, “why wouldn’t Watson want to come to Washington?” The Steelers could be a player b/c there’s no way they could get a better QB than Watson from their draft position. Mayfield has probably played himself out of Cleveland and Watson could be a huge answer as a replacement. Miami has pulled their name and chose to stick with the development of Tua. The Eagles are a bit of the unknown b/c no one has truly heard how they feel about Hurts going forward.
They may choose to give him one more season and build around him before casting him off or relegating him to backup.

Last edited:
Remind me again as to when Watson ever had a team around him of the 49’ers quality. You’re throwing around 51-7 far too loosely.

Also, Mahomes was outscored 24-3 which came out the hands of the underdog. Thing is, Mahomes talent was absolutely superior to Watson’s Texans.

I don’t have to “love me some Derrick” to know that having him under center with the 49’ers and their talent on both sides on the ball to say they probably win the game against the Rams.

What does this have to do with Mahomes?

But if you want to go there then get back to me when Derrick's won a ring, played in 2 SB's and 4 AFCCG's in a row.

You can make excuses all you want, but I dont want the leader of my team to be a guy that was part of a team that blew a 24-0 lead in a qtr in a playoff game. It wasn't all his fault but he was a part of the choke. BTW, if the talent was so bad around Derrick how did they get a 24-0 lead to begin with? If I remember correctly Derrick wasn't out there playing by himself?

Once a choker always a choker, It's why I dont even think the 49ers would've made the playoffs with Derrick as their QB. Why? Because I seriously doubt after watching Derrick for the last 4 yrs that with 90 yds to go and 70 seconds that Derrick could've lead his team down the field to a tying TD to give his team a chance to make the playoffs to begin with.

Also, Mahomes was outscored 24-3 which came out the hands of the underdog. Thing is, Mahomes talent was absolutely superior to Watson’s Texans.

While getting outscored 24-3. Mahomes was running around behind the LOS, dropping his eyes and drifting left while looking for that mythical leadership that @steelbtexan always mentions when talking about an opposing team scoring and a QB lacking leadership and not getting his team to respond. I won't even mention Jimmy G's 4th quarter performance.

Last edited:
While getting outscored 24-3. Mahomes was running around behind the LOS, dropping his eyes and drifting left looking for that mythical leadership that @steelbtexan always mentions when talking about an opposing team scoring and a QB lacking leadership and not getting his team to respond. I won't even mention Jimmy G's 4th quarter performance.

Mahomes played terrible in the 2nd half. But he was unlucky on both of his ints and he did lead his team to a game tying FG to give his team a chance to go to the SB. Like I've said before, get back to me when your guy makes 4 AFCCG's in a row and 2 SB's. I'm going to be waiting along time.

Jimmy G playing hurt didn't play well throughout the playoffs but did enough for his team to win. If Tartt had caught that int that was thrown directly to him, then most likely Jimmy G would be playing in another SB in a couple of weeks. There would be a different narrative (No there wouldn't) around these parts.

As far as the other posts you were laughing at, the truth is what it is your guy is a dumbass choker and you can LOL all you want because if he doesn't end up in jail (Dumbass) then his low IQ self will be somebody elses problem.

What does this have to do with Mahomes?

But if you want to go there then get back to me when Derrick's won a ring, played in 2 SB's and 4 AFCCG's in a row.

C'mon, man, be objective as a football fan, not a Watson hater.

You drop #4 into an Andy Reid team surrounded by that KC talent and Watson would have thrived.

By the same token, you drop Mahomes into the O'Brien Texans and he'd still be unable to get past the second round of the playoffs.

It's a team game, so all the focus on individual QBs has to be taken in context of their situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back