Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

DW4 Traded to Cleveland

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, after reading the tea leaves from my morning tea which suggested I consult my crystal ball, here are the results:

All this talk about the Dolphins now being out of picture since they've fired Brian Flores is hogwash. If we are to believe the information about all of Stephen Ross's involvement in the DW4 trade and the continued negative stories that keep popping up about the dissatisfaction with Tua, then the trade is still on. In fact, Ms. Cleo, God rest her soul, spoke to me from the other side and said the Dolphins are the #1 team likely to land DW4.

The downplaying of interest in trading for DW4 is a ploy to keep other teams from bidding up the price. If Ross truly was willing to pay all the DW4 restitutions to the 22 victims before Nov. 19th, 2021, then he will be willing to do the same come Mar. 16th, 2022, the start of the new league year when teams are allowed to trade again. Talks between the Dolphns and the Texans are still happening. The trade will happen between Mar. 16th and before Mar. 20th when DW4 salary is guaranteed.

Compensation will be (3) 1st RDs (2022, 2023, 2024) and a 2022 2nd RD #50. UUMMM MALI MALI UUMMM!
Do you smell burnt toast?

January 24, 2022 @ 10:19am » Alek Arend

NFL World Reacts To Monday’s Deshaun Watson News

As it currently sits, the chances of Deshaun Watson playing another down in a Texans uniform are slim. And now, a new development could give some insight into the decisions he could make this coming offseason.

Previous reports suggested Watson was seriously interested in playing for the Miami Dolphins solely based on his opinion of head coach Brian Flores. If true, it wouldn’t be surprising if Watson then tried to urge the Texans to trade him to the team Flores next coaches.

However, it doesn’t appear the Watson-Flores reports were accurate.

Per NFL insider Jordan Schultz, Flores and Watson don’t even have each other’s phone numbers. In other words, they haven’t had contact throughout this process.

We think it’s safe to say no one knows how this Deshaun Watson situation is going to unfold.

January 24, 2022 @ 10:19am » Alek Arend

NFL World Reacts To Monday’s Deshaun Watson News

As it currently sits, the chances of Deshaun Watson playing another down in a Texans uniform are slim. And now, a new development could give some insight into the decisions he could make this coming offseason.

Previous reports suggested Watson was seriously interested in playing for the Miami Dolphins solely based on his opinion of head coach Brian Flores. If true, it wouldn’t be surprising if Watson then tried to urge the Texans to trade him to the team Flores next coaches.

However, it doesn’t appear the Watson-Flores reports were accurate.

Per NFL insider Jordan Schultz, Flores and Watson don’t even have each other’s phone numbers. In other words, they haven’t had contact throughout this process.

We think it’s safe to say no one knows how this Deshaun Watson situation is going to unfold.
Schultz is the least reliable “reporter” out there as he constantly makes things up. He blocked me when I initially called him out for lying.

This morning tea leaves and crystal ball are saying Dolphins are more determined than ever to get the DW4 trade done. They know it's the only way they will be able to compete with Josh Allen, Mac Jones and potentially Zach Wilson. Without DW4 the Dolphins will be also rans for the next decade to come. UUMMM MALI MALI UUMMM!

This morning tea leaves and crystal ball are saying Dolphins are more determined than ever to get the DW4 trade done. They know it's the only way they will be able to compete with Josh Allen, Mac Jones and potentially Zach Wilson. Without DW4 the Dolphins will be also rans for the next decade to come. UUMMM MALI MALI UUMMM!

Hope you're right.

We will know something good or bad in about 7 weeks.

What makes anyone think Watson is playing next year?

Rich folks seem to have a different justice system.

Pay off the civil cases, and use a high price lawyer to find the loopholes to avoid criminal prosecution.

I'd be surprised if he misses all of the 2022 season. He'll most likely have to serve an NFL mandated suspension, but then he'll be good to go for some team that is mortgaging their future for some hero ball.

Watson could have played this year. It would have been a PR nightmare, but it could have been done.

There are some teams out there that are probably willing to go that route and at least trot him out there until he's actually in a prison cell.
Yes however. The longer this goes on the worse the PR nightmare is going to be.

Watson could play the 2022 season if the civil cases are settled. It's just that this may not happen until later in the year, after the draft.

Think about how difficult that is getting all 22 done when all 22 aren’t looking for money. He would have to do that quickly.
Reports are that 19 have agreed to settle. If the 3 continue to hold out, I haven't heard anything about the timeline to take these to trial; and whether it would be three separate trials and only one. I have stated I could easily see this dragging on into 2023 before a conclusion and Watson could be back on the field. And this isn't considering any criminal charges.

Reports are that 19 have agreed to settle. If the 3 continue to hold out, I haven't heard anything about the timeline to take these to trial; and whether it would be three separate trials and only one. I have stated I could easily see this dragging on into 2023 before a conclusion and Watson could be back on the field. And this isn't considering any criminal charges.
Don’t believe those reports because they aren’t accurate. Buzbee even said so himself.

Being blunt - The civil charges are irrelevant. It doesn't matter if he settles, wins them all or loses them all. They won't stop him from playing beyond a league mandated suspension and they won't stop "some team" from pulling the trigger.

What matters is the criminal cases - Losing even one of those, it's hard to see him playing another snap in the NFL as the result of losing one or more of those is very likely a prison term and a permanent ban from the league.

Being blunt - The civil charges are irrelevant. It doesn't matter if he settles, wins them all or loses them all. They won't stop him from playing beyond a league mandated suspension and they won't stop "some team" from pulling the trigger.

What matters is the criminal cases - Losing even one of those, it's hard to see him playing another snap in the NFL as the result of losing one or more of those is very likely a prison term and a permanent ban from the league.
That may be, but all the reports I've heard are concerns about the civil cases. There is no mention at all, that I've heard, about criminal cases, other than a couple saying that teams are not expecting criminal charges to be filed. Reports simply say no team delt for Watson this past year because of the pending civil cases. If that was the case last year I simply don't expect anything different this year. Also I've heard reports that teams are not expecting any additional severe penalty from the NFL, saying that Watson sat out 2021.

Now, we here in the Houston area and on this board, have a different perspective and opinion, but from what I've heard reported, this is not shared nationally.

That may be, but all the reports I've heard are concerns about the civil cases. There is no mention at all, that I've heard, about criminal cases, other than a couple saying that teams are not expecting criminal charges to be filed. Reports simply say no team delt for Watson this past year because of the pending civil cases. If that was the case last year I simply don't expect anything different this year. Also I've heard reports that teams are not expecting any additional severe penalty from the NFL, saying that Watson sat out 2021.

Now, we here in the Houston area and on this board, have a different perspective and opinion, but from what I've heard reported, this is not shared nationally.
Criminal charges are absolutely on the table. Don’t let any article tell you otherwise.

if he isn’t indicted he’ll be traded immediately. The reason why the demand for civil settlements by other teams because that almost guarantees no resulting criminal action.

Yep. If he loses one, I’m betting he will lose two which would guarantee prison time. Because they wouldn’t treat him as a first time offender. They’d treat him as a serial offender.

A lot of the times the so called reporters are clueless. But since they are a reporter people tend to believe in their sources or when they come out and say my source told me.
Flores had a presser out there in which when asked about Watson. He clearly stated Tua was his quarterback and he wanted guys with good character. ( paraphrasing). So where in the world did these reporters get this crap about Watson and Flores trying to link up? Flores didn’t want Watson the owner and GM did. That’s the main reason I believe Flores was fired.

I don’t think the Giants will be hiring Flores either. One doesn’t necessarily go with the other. Giants just don’t have the means to get a Watson deal done. The Panthers are in the same boat.

WFT and Denver….there’s 2 teams in the right draft position, possess the needed cap space to take on Watson’s contract, and both have shown some some interest in obtaining his services. Most recently was Rivera’s statement about why wouldn’t Watson want to come to Washington. Other reports indicated that Denver made contact with the Texans before the trade deadline.

I don’t think the Giants will be hiring Flores either. One doesn’t necessarily go with the other. Giants just don’t have the means to get a Watson deal done. The Panthers are in the same boat.

WFT and Denver….there’s 2 teams in the right draft position, possess the needed cap space to take on Watson’s contract, and both have shown some some interest in obtaining his services. Most recently was Rivera’s statement about why wouldn’t Watson want to come to Washington. Other reports indicated that Denver made contact with the Texans before the trade deadline.
It’s not that they don’t have the means brother. They don’t want Watson and his drama period. If they wanted him they could put a package together. And we don’t know if they want Flores or not.

Those are just rumors as far as if those teams having interest. To be honest I honestly believe no one wants part of that drama. Once it’s cleared up, then these team will truly spark some interest. Right now the Texans are stuck and there’s a very strong possibility they will be paying him 35 million next year to sit.

Last edited:
The New York Giants' new general manager isn't planning on shaking up the quarterback position, at least not right away.
Joe Schoen, hired from the Buffalo Bills last week, spoke on two critical areas for the G-Men in a news conference Wednesday: quarterback Daniel Jones and the salary cap.

"I've looked at Daniel. Once the new staff gets in here, we're going to get together -- offensive coordinator, head coach, the entire staff -- dive into the film as a group and look at what Daniel does best and we're going to try to allow him to put his best foot forward," Schoen said of Jones, who was in attendance at the news conference. "I've looked at him. I wasn't here in the past, so I don't exactly know what he was told to do, but I do know this: I know he's a great kid. He's been in this building the last two days. I've talked to him. There's not anybody in this building that's said a bad word about his work ethic, passion, desire to win, and I think you've got to have those traits as a quarterback. The kid has physical ability. He's got arm strength, he's athletic, he can run. I'm really excited to work with Daniel.

"Again, when the new staff gets in here, we'll build an offense around Daniel to accentuate what he does best."
Link

It’s not that they don’t have the means brother. They don’t want Watson and his drama period. If they wanted him they could put a package together. And we don’t know if they want Flores or not.

Those are just rumors as far as if those teams having interest. To be honest I honestly believe no one wants part of that drama. Once it’s cleared up, then these team will truly spark some interest. Right now the Texans are stuck and there’s a very strong possibility they will be paying him 35 million next year to sit.

I kind of feel like that might be the case as well. Who would want to deal with this or want this POS making headlines in their employment? To a lot of people the guy is a complete turd now. He looks and has acted like a turd and as much as this has reflected poorly on the Texans it's put a fair amount of stink on Watson as well. When you rule out the teams that simply don't need a QB, then add to that the teams that aren't stupid enough to hire a guy who makes prime Roethlisberger look like a sexual abuse counselor and that leaves few teams to try and sell him to. Finally you have to factor in the no-trade clause. What happens if we simply end up having to cut him to get rid of him or take far less than he's worth to get a buyer to make the deal?

This is what I've been saying all along.

The media are just a bunch of clickbait whores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back