Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

DW4 Traded to Cleveland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know if they're in cap or not. But if they want to clear space for Watson then Schoen could trade guys like Bradberry/Logan Ryan etc... to clear cap space. I dont see a trade happening wit the NYG.

I've seen some speculation that the Giants might be interested in moving Saquon Barkley. Not sure if that's accurate.
But I wonder how inticing a package of draft picks and Barkley would be to the Texans

Isn’t the Giants in a bad cap situation that makes is near impossible for them to make a trade?
I've seen some speculation that the Giants might be interested in moving Saquon Barkley. Not sure if that's accurate.
But I wonder how inticing a package of draft picks and Barkley would be to the Texans

Giants are in a -6.4M cap hole. I’ve been high on the Giants making a move for Watson but it would really take some bold moves to make it happen. I believe the Giants only remain on Watson’s radar if Flores becomes the new HC. If this happens, he may ask the Giants to make Watson a top priority. Giants could push for Watson in this type of scenario by re-working his contract with another substantial signing bonus in an effort to reduce his annual cap hit. The Giants would probably have to re-work some other contracts and shed some contracts as well.

As for Barkley being included as part of a package….I don’t think Caserio would willfully swallow the same pill OB was so eager to anally ingest when he traded Hopkins to the Cardinals and they got to dump Johnson and his full contract on the Texans as part of the package.

I think it could be too big of a financial mountain for the Giants to climb in order to make a Watson deal.

I’m going to move my chips back towards the WFT and Denver. Both teams are in good financial position and both could use a QB of Watson’s “on-field” caliber. WFT HC, Rivera asked, why wouldn’t Watson want to come to Washington? The Broncos also have some interest in bringing Watson to Denver.

Once there’s a bit more clarity to Watson’s legal situation….then the official start of the 2022 NFL season….Caserio could potentially be in a position to finally find Watson a new team. Denver and the WFT would be good landing spots.

No I didn’t know about that fascination.

However I think cap wise, or so I have read/heard the NY Giants cap makes it difficult for them to make a trade for Watson.

The guy needs to go. Giants. Redskins. Dolphins. Cardinals. Just go already.

Low chance for Steelers. Watson doesn’t deserve to play with a franchise like the Steelers so I hope he doesn’t go but Tomlin wanting a mobile quarterback makes me wonder.
A re-work of DWs contract would be a must for most teams that would be interested in him but that is not a difficult thing to do. If you just want to make yourself feel better advocate cutting him. I want the team to be better.

A re-work of DWs contract would be a must for most teams that would be interested in him but that is not a difficult thing to do. If you just want to make yourself feel better advocate cutting him. I want the team to be better.

We're aware that you would like a Sexual Predator to be traded for the betterment of the Texans. BTW, Cal/Caserio obviously agree with you since they paid Derrick 10 mil last yr to hangout with Jilly. What I wonder is what size fingers massage therapists in the Netherlands have? These are the kinds of things that are important to Derrick. My question is do you think he's a long fingers or fat fingers kind of guy?

I would take Barkley [7m for NYG] and DJ [4.2 m]= $11.2 savings goes to reworked contract for DW first year. Remaining 24 prorated bonus over 23-25 at 8 each. NYG cap surplus in 2023 over $90 m.
It ain't that difficult.

DJ could backup Mills for final contract year and then he and Barkley could be gone if they don't impress.

To get 5 and 7 and Giants round two..betcha.

4 reasons the Panthers cannot risk it all for Deshaun Watson in 2022
by Dean Jones2 minutes ago

Deshaun Watson could be on the move this offseason, but the Carolina Panthers must not risk everything for the Houston Texans quarterback.

No sooner had the 2021 season come to a conclusion for the Carolina Panthers, the rumor mill started turning regarding just what the troubled organization is going to do next. Another five-win campaign in the second year of Matt Rhule’s tenure was the biggest indicator yet that things aren’t quite going according to plan, but team owner David Tepper is reportedly willing to give his head coach one more shot at turning things around in 2022.

There is no more room for rash and often poor decisions. And there is one player who’ll remain firmly in the spotlight where the Panthers are concerned until his situation is resolved whether fans like it or not.

Deshaun Watson was a major target for Carolina this time last year, with the organization reportedly willing to go all-in for the former first-round pick before some serious legal matters surfaced. These have yet to be sorted out one way or another, but the quarterback’s time with the Houston Texans appears to be over regardless of how the situation unfolds.

This is a massive gamble and one that could jeopardize the future of the franchise. But a recent report from John McClain of the Houston Chronicle stated that should Tim Kelly become the Panthers’ new offensive coordinator, then Watson might follow him to a region he once starred in college at Clemson.

If Kelly were on board as Rhule’s offensive coordinator, maybe Carolina — 203 miles from Watson’s hometown of Gainesville, Ga,. and 137 from Clemson, where he won a national championship — would be more appealing and the no-trade clause wouldn’t be an issue.
A lot needs to happen before any trade is finalized. But here are four reasons why the Panthers would be wise not to risk it all for Watson this offseason.

NEXT: Reason No. 1

NEXT: Reason No. 1
The author lists Watson's cap hits for the next 4 seasons as:

• 2022 – $40.4 million
  • 2023 – $42.4 million
  • 2024 – $37.4 million
  • 2025 – $32 million
Those numbers reflect the signing bonus allocation that the team trading for Watson would not have to incur. That $16.2 million would be on the Texans cap. The actual cap numbers for any team trading for Watson would be:

• 2022 – $35 million
  • 2023 – $37 million
  • 2024 – $32 million
  • 2025 – $32 million
Also, practically any team that trades for Watson would restructure in order to make the contract more cap friendly. The Panthers would be no different.

I never advocated cutting him. Tell me where I have. I listed teams that would be potential trade partners.

I see you are a little sensitive today and jumping to conclusions.

Easterby thinks that Janice and Game Boy think DW4 needs to go, the sooner the better. March 20th is a very interesting date. That's the day DW4's $35MM salary becomes guaranteed.

I happen to agree with them

Needs to happen before March 20th.

Doubt it does.

I never advocated cutting him. Tell me where I have. I listed teams that would be potential trade partners.

I see you are a little sensitive today and jumping to conclusions.
I never said you said to cut him. You were just saying DW needs to go no matter what just go. He doesn't deserve to play for Pittsburgh. If you feel that way, just cut him. You aren't interested in getting most you can; just grab a deal.

I never said you said to cut him. You were just saying DW needs to go no matter what just go. He doesn't deserve to play for Pittsburgh. If you feel that way, just cut him. You aren't interested in getting most you can; just grab a deal.

Did your team lose today? You are being very sensitive.

I said in my post that Watson didn’t deserve the Steelers. Don’t try to use my words and make it like you said it first.

You don’t know me. Don’t act like you do. And don’t put words in my mouth.

The author lists Watson's cap hits for the next 4 seasons as:

• 2022 – $40.4 million
  • 2023 – $42.4 million
  • 2024 – $37.4 million
  • 2025 – $32 million
Those numbers reflect the signing bonus allocation that the team trading for Watson would not have to incur. That $16.2 million would be on the Texans cap. The actual cap numbers for any team trading for Watson would be:

• 2022 – $35 million
  • 2023 – $37 million
  • 2024 – $32 million
  • 2025 – $32 million
Also, practically any team that trades for Watson would restructure in order to make the contract more cap friendly. The Panthers would be no different.
And some of you wonder why I said the Texans would never win a championship with Derrick at QB. This post is reason #1.

So, after reading the tea leaves from my morning tea which suggested I consult my crystal ball, here are the results:

All this talk about the Dolphins now being out of picture since they've fired Brian Flores is hogwash. If we are to believe the information about all of Stephen Ross's involvement in the DW4 trade and the continued negative stories that keep popping up about the dissatisfaction with Tua, then the trade is still on. In fact, Ms. Cleo, God rest her soul, spoke to me from the other side and said the Dolphins are the #1 team likely to land DW4.

The downplaying of interest in trading for DW4 is a ploy to keep other teams from bidding up the price. If Ross truly was willing to pay all the DW4 restitutions to the 22 victims before Nov. 19th, 2021, then he will be willing to do the same come Mar. 16th, 2022, the start of the new league year when teams are allowed to trade again. Talks between the Dolphns and the Texans are still happening. The trade will happen between Mar. 16th and before Mar. 20th when DW4 salary is guaranteed.

Compensation will be (3) 1st RDs (2022, 2023, 2024) and a 2022 2nd RD #50. UUMMM MALI MALI UUMMM!

So, after reading the tea leaves from my morning tea which suggested I consult my crystal ball, here are the results:

All this talk about the Dolphins now being out of picture since they've fired Brian Flores is hogwash. If we are to believe the information about all of Stephen Ross's involvement in the DW4 trade and the continued negative stories that keep popping up about the dissatisfaction with Tua, then the trade is still on. In fact, Ms. Cleo, God rest her soul, spoke to me from the other side and said the Dolphins are the #1 team likely to land DW4.

The downplaying of interest in trading for DW4 is a ploy to keep other teams from bidding up the price. If Ross truly was willing to pay all the DW4 restitutions to the 22 victims before Nov. 19th, 2021, then he will be willing to do the same come Mar. 16th, 2022, the start of the new league year when teams are allowed to trade again. Talks between the Dolphns and the Texans is still happening. The trade will happen between Mar. 16th and before Mar. 20th when DW4 salary is guaranteed.

Compensation will be (3) 1st RDs (2022, 2023, 2024) and a 2022 2nd RD #50. UUMMM MALI MALI UUMMM!
The reason the trade didn’t happen is Watson couldn’t get anywhere close to getting all of the women to settle. And that’s not going to happen now

The reason the trade didn’t happen is Watson couldn’t get anywhere close to getting all of the women to settle. And that’s not going to happen now
I heard or read somewhere that all victims were agreeable to a settlement with the exception of 3 who refused would continue to hold out. Ross insisted all had to be settled. Of course, this is rumor just like Ross was willing to pay all of the settlements.

Last edited:

The downplaying of interest in trading for DW4 is a ploy to keep other teams from bidding up the price. If Ross truly was willing to pay all the DW4 restitutions to the 22 victims before Nov. 19th, 2021, then he will be willing to do the same come Mar. 16th, 2022, the start of the new league year when teams are allowed to trade again. Talks between the Dolphns and the Texans are still happening. The trade will happen between Mar. 16th and before Mar. 20th when DW4 salary is guaranteed.

at this point I would take that deal even though compensation seems light. Anything reasonable and I would say yup and move on. The pending $35m does hurt the Texans leverage. Thankfully the QB draft is weak, and I think Aaron stays put in GB so the QB hungry teams who are close should be looking hard at our oily QB and at least create a bit of a market as long as the NTC is flexible. Dude must want to play this year. If he enjoys being paid to sit on his ass, that will reduce his market. Players like to play, I bet he misses it and will move a bit on his NTC

at this point I would take that deal even though compensation seems light. Anything reasonable and I would say yup and move on. The pending $35m does hurt the Texans leverage. Thankfully the QB draft is weak, and I think Aaron stays put in GB so the QB hungry teams who are close should be looking hard at our oily QB and at least create a bit of a market as long as the NTC is flexible. Dude must want to play this year. If he enjoys being paid to sit on his ass, that will reduce his market. Players like to play, I bet he misses it and will move a bit on his NTC
I agree the comp is light, but I factored in Janice and Game Boy just wanting him gone and forcing the deal to be done. The thing with Miami is they have the most cap space in 2022 so DW4 salary is not a problem.
2022 NFL Team Salary Cap Space Tracker | Spotrac

I heard or read somewhere that all victims were agreeable to a settlement with the exception of 3 who refused would continue to hold out. Ross insisted all had to be settled. Of course, this is rumor just like Ross was willing to pay all of the settlements.

I've heard it was 4.

Doesn't matter, these women either want their day in court or Derrick to bring out the 7 figure checkbook.

Yep players like to play, but after seeing some of the trips Derrick/Jilly have been taking, I dont think he's got an issue with sitting around with a finger or 2 up his azz.

Cloak had stated Ross was willing to pay for the settlements. The rumor about all or most of the women wanting to settle is false. But anyways, no one is trading for him under these circumstances. Teams will go after Rodgers or Wilson first

Cloak had stated Ross was willing to pay for the settlements. The rumor about all or most of the women wanting to settle is false. But anyways, no one is trading for him under these circumstances. Teams will go after Rodgers or Wilson first
Carolina didn't care if he settled

They still didn’t make a trade. Any team trading for him would have to know there’s a chance he does not play next year either
Watson shot down any possibility of a trade. The point is Carolina was willing to do the trade last year.

I don't know why. Doesn't make sense to me & it doesn't have to.

I don't have to like it. You don't have to like it. But know there are teams out there that will trade for Watson regardless of his legal situation.

Watson shot down any possibility of a trade. The point is Carolina was willing to do the trade last year.

I don't know why. Doesn't make sense to me & it doesn't have to.

I don't have to like it. You don't have to like it. But know there are teams out there that will trade for Watson regardless of his legal situation.

I never saw where Carolina was willing to do the trade with Derrick's current legal situation.

I think the QB market is primed for a huge shakeup, thus killing the value for Watson. I think it's realistic that Wilson, Rodgers, Jimmy G, and maybe Matt Ryan will be available this off-season, along with Watson. All of those have more appeal in various ways because of Watson's legal situation and pickiness on destination.

I think the QB market is primed for a huge shakeup, thus killing the value for Watson. I think it's realistic that Wilson, Rodgers, Jimmy G, and maybe Matt Ryan will be available this off-season, along with Watson. All of those have more appeal in various ways because of Watson's legal situation and pickiness on destination.

Russell Wilson- 34 in 2022, AA-Ron Rodgers- 39 in 2022, Matt Ryan- 37 in 2022, and I’ll skip Jimmy Garoppolo (31 in 2022) b/c he’s not a step up from Watson. Jimmy did everything in his power for the 49’ers to lose and the defense /ST’s bailed him out. If Jimmy is in high demand….why hasn’t his contract been extended by the 49’ers? It might be wise for the 49’ers to keep Jimmy since I don’t exactly see Trey Lance as the starting QB1 in 2022. They should keep Jimmy around and continue Trey’s development….eg: AA-Ron Rodgers.

Deshaun Watson will be 27 years old in 2022 and facing legal issues that should be getting some better insight soon as to where he stands…..but, he has taken a season of wear-n-tear off his body….and he’ll be starting the first year of his new 4 year contract. Wilson, Rodgers, Ryan could all be demanding the same type of money Watson got or more…..could depend on how desperate the interested teams are. It might make a few GM’s give Caserio call b/c of the expected commitment to much older QB’s.

Last edited:
Yep

Russell Wilson- 34 in 2022, AA-Ron Rodgers- 39 in 2022, Matt Ryan- 37 in 2022, and I’ll skip Jimmy Garoppolo (31 in 2022) b/c he’s not a step up from Watson. Jimmy did everything in his power for the 49’ers to lose and the defense /ST’s bailed him out. If Jimmy is in high demand….why hasn’t his contract been extended by the 49’ers? It might be wise for the 49’ers to keep Jimmy since I don’t exactly see Trey Lance as the starting QB1 in 2022. They should keep Jimmy around and continue Trey’s development….eg: AA-Ron Rodgers.

Deshaun Watson will be 27 years old in 2022 and facing legal issues that should be getting some better insight soon as to where he stands…..but, he has taken a season of wear-n-tear off his body….and he’ll be starting the first year of his new 4 year contract. Wilson, Rodgers, Ryan could all be demanding the same type of money Watson got or more…..could depend on how desperate the interested teams are. It might make a few GM’s give Caserio call b/c of the expected commitment to much older QB’s.
I get it, but I think Matt Stafford is going to show teams that are stacked, that gambling on a bonafied QB will elevate you to a championship team. Think Tennessee, Pittsburgh, Indy, Philly, Denver or Washington. Teams that have a solid foundation but are a good QB away from taking the next step. Why gamble on a young rookie, when you can trade for a star ready to win now.

Watson will be crossed off some team's lists simply because of this entire process, then you lose teams because he won't agree to go there, and before you know it the list is tiny and crowded with options.

I get it, but I think Matt Stafford is going to show teams that are stacked, that gambling on a bonafied QB will elevate you to a championship team. Think Tennessee, Pittsburgh, Indy, Philly, Denver or Washington. Teams that have a solid foundation but are a good QB away from taking the next step. Why gamble on a young rookie, when you can trade for a star ready to win now.

Watson will be crossed off some team's lists simply because of this entire process, then you lose teams because he won't agree to go there, and before you know it the list is tiny and crowded with options.

I think the Broncos and WFT are going to be in the mix.

Reactions: JB
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back