Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

DW4 Traded to Cleveland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mahomes played terrible in the 2nd half. But he was unlucky on both of his ints and he did lead his team to a game tying FG to give his team a chance to go to the SB. Like I've said before, get back to me when your guy makes 4 AFCCG's in a row and 2 SB's. I'm going to be waiting along time.

Jimmy G playing hurt didn't play well throughout the playoffs but did enough for his team to win. If Tartt had caught that int that was thrown directly to him, then most likely Jimmy G would be playing in another SB in a couple of weeks. There would be a different narrative (No there wouldn't) around these parts.

As far as the other posts you were laughing at, the truth is what it is your guy is a dumbass choker and you can LOL all you want because if he doesn't end up in jail (Dumbass) then his low IQ self will be somebody elses problem.

You can't possibly be trying to say that Garappolo is a better QB than Watson.

C'mon, man, be objective as a football fan, not a Watson hater.

You drop #4 into an Andy Reid team surrounded by that KC talent and Watson would have thrived.

By the same token, you drop Mahomes into the O'Brien Texans and he'd still be unable to get past the second round of the playoffs.

It's a team game, so all the focus on individual QBs has to be taken in context of their situations.

I would be willing to be he wouldn't have accomplished what Mahomes has already accomplished. In fact I would bet he would look alot like Mahomes did in the 2nd half, holding onto the ball to long and scrambling around into sacks. ( I believe this was a criticism of Derrick's game.

Truth is we will never know, but to assume Derricks a stud tip 5 QB is flat out wrong. I pointed out 4 that I would take over his dumbass in a heartbeat.

You can't possibly be trying to say that Garappolo is a better QB than Watson.

I never said he was better, I said I seriously doubt Derrick could've accomplished the drive that got the 49ers in the playoffs. We're talking about 2 different things.

I never said he was better, I said I seriously doubt Derrick could've accomplished the drive that got the 49ers in the playoffs. We're talking about 2 different things.

We could debate hypotheticals all day long, but statistically speaking, I'd think the better QB has the better chance of pulling off clutch drives like the one you're referring to.

We could debate hypotheticals all day long, but statistically speaking, I'd think the better QB has the better chance of pulling off clutch drives like the one you're referring to.
Jimmy G, because he's done it is n be g stages, where as Derrick has the 51-7 on his resume.

Mahomes played terrible in the 2nd half. But he was unlucky on both of his ints and he did lead his team to a game tying FG to give his team a chance to go to the SB. Like I've said before, get back to me when your guy makes 4 AFCCG's in a row and 2 SB's. I'm going to be waiting along time.

Jimmy G playing hurt didn't play well throughout the playoffs but did enough for his team to win. If Tartt had caught that int that was thrown directly to him, then most likely Jimmy G would be playing in another SB in a couple of weeks. There would be a different narrative (No there wouldn't) around these parts.

As far as the other posts you were laughing at, the truth is what it is your guy is a dumbass choker and you can LOL all you want because if he doesn't end up in jail (Dumbass) then his low IQ self will be somebody elses problem.

I'm just giving you a hard time. But the point remains. Stuff happens. One game does not define a QB. On any given Sunday, an opposing team can gain momentum and go on a run and no amount of leadership or clutchness or "IT" factor from one player can prevent it.

BTW. When the defense was giving up 51 points where was McKinney, Watt and Mercilus? Do you know Gareon Conley had more sacks and tackles than McKinney, Watt and Mercilus combined? My point? It's a team game.

Derrick for the last 4 yrs that with 90 yds to go and 70 seconds that Derrick could've lead his team down the field to a tying TD to give his team a chance to make the playoffs to begin with.
No, but he did go 75 yards in 13 seconds to put the Texans ahead by 1 in New Orleans in a meaningless Monday night opener three years ago.
But he was unlucky on both of his ints
He was playing hero ball on the INT in OT. It was 3rd and 10 and he chucked a 40 yard desperation throw into double coverage. Mahomes turtled after that craptastic last play of the first half.

I would be willing to be he wouldn't have accomplished what Mahomes has already accomplished. In fact I would bet he would look alot like Mahomes did in the 2nd half, holding onto the ball to long and scrambling around into sacks. ( I believe this was a criticism of Derrick's game.

Truth is we will never know, but to assume Derricks a stud tip 5 QB is flat out wrong. I pointed out 4 that I would take over his dumbass in a heartbeat.

FOUR AFC championship games in a row on a team loaded with talent and top-tier coaching and ONE ring from it all.

I like Mahomes, but he's one player on a franchise loaded with talent and a great coaching staff/front office.

There is nothing to "assume" about Watson. Literally every expert in the room disagrees with your clearly hate-colored glasses about the player.

FOUR AFC championship games in a row on a team loaded with talent and top-tier coaching and ONE ring from it all.

I like Mahomes, but he's one player on a franchise loaded with talent and a great coaching staff/front office.

There is nothing to "assume" about Watson. Literally every expert in the room disagrees with your clearly hate-colored glasses about the player.
See I don't go along with the. herd mentality. There will always be excuses for Derrick as long as he plays. In short he's a loser. He will help a team win games but there will be no championships. There will be alot excuses for Derrick and why he was never able to win a championship.

In short Derricks career will end up being a bunch of, But if this, but if that's. Just like what's been going on for the last 4 years. It will always be somebody else's fault.

In short Derricks career will end up being a bunch of, But if this, but if that's. Just like what's been going on for the last 4 years. It will always be somebody else's fault
I think it's going to be like Peyton's

If he doesn't go to jail that is.

Everybody knows he's good, just don't know why he can't win the big one, until he does.

What does this have to do with Mahomes?

But if you want to go there then get back to me when Derrick's won a ring, played in 2 SB's and 4 AFCCG's in a row.

You can make excuses all you want, but I dont want the leader of my team to be a guy that was part of a team that blew a 24-0 lead in a qtr in a playoff game. It wasn't all his fault but he was a part of the choke. BTW, if the talent was so bad around Derrick how did they get a 24-0 lead to begin with? If I remember correctly Derrick wasn't

Once a choker always a choker, It's why I dont even think the 49ers would've made the playoffs with Derrick as their QB. Why? Because I seriously doubt after watching Derrick for the last 4 yrs that with 90 yds to go and 70 seconds that Derrick could've lead his team down the field to a tying TD to give his team a chance to make the playoffs to begin with.

I mean this is the only way to explain this take…

1643777494397.gif

Yep. It's the most "Goldilocks" situation that I've ever seen. Everything has to be juuuust right for the Goldilocks QB to be happy and waive his NTC, too.
I'm starting to think that Watson may take any trade offered - if he wants out of Houston so bad.
There are scenarios that have him staying here in Houston and it looks to me he wants to avoid that at all costs.
Beggars can't be choosers.

You can add WFT team back on potential landing spots. Rivera came out and asked straight up, “why wouldn’t Watson want to come to Washington?” The Steelers could be a player b/c there’s no way they could get a better QB than Watson from their draft position. Mayfield has probably played himself out of Cleveland and Watson could be a huge answer as a replacement. Miami has pulled their name and chose to stick with the development of Tua. The Eagles are a bit of the unknown b/c no one has truly heard how they feel about Hurts going forward.

Only if he lifts the NTC. Otherwise, either Miami or maybe Philly ( near NY) are all he might lift it for. He would go to the Jets if an offer was made. Thanks to the NTC he kinda has the team at a stand still

If it comes to it next season and the Texans haven't been able to move him what do they do? Cut him and walk away with nothing? Tell him he's the starter and either he plays or sits and spends the money they've given him defending himself from a lawsuit? I just wonder if there's a place in the "multiverse" where Watson is playing in Houston in 2022 against his will and if that were to happen exactly what would that look like?

Probably brief if it came to that with a suspect BS injury ending his season quickly and back to legal shenanigans the rest of the way.

If it comes to it next season and the Texans haven't been able to move him what do they do? Cut him and walk away with nothing? Tell him he's the starter and either he plays or sits and spends the money they've given him defending himself from a lawsuit? I just wonder if there's a place in the "multiverse" where Watson is playing in Houston in 2022 against his will and if that were to happen exactly what would that look like?

Probably brief if it came to that with a suspect BS injury ending his season quickly and back to legal shenanigans the rest of the way.

If he doesn't agree to any reasonabl trade the FO wants to make........and/or they ask him to play and he doesn't....they go after his money. I think if he was asked to play he would...Dude showed up to TC last year at the start of all this. The fallout would be ridiculous, but i believe he would play.

If he's indicted......they go after his money via the morals clause

Bottomline is He'll have to come off his stance in some capacity by next year. He'll either be settling these civil suits/they get tossed out or whatever........playing in a place he doesn't want to whether its here in Houston or we trade him to a place he doesn't want to............... or he's going to jail.............or he's not being paid as he continues to fight it all.

I'm starting to think that Watson may take any trade offered - if he wants out of Houston so bad.
There are scenarios that have him staying here in Houston and it looks to me he wants to avoid that at all costs.
Beggars can't be choosers.

You could be right, especially considering that Watson himself has been silent since January 2020 with the exception of a few cryptic tweets before the lawsuits landed.

I certainly hope you're right!

If he doesn't agree to any reasonabl trade the FO wants to make........and/or they ask him to play and he doesn't....they go after his money. I think if he was asked to play he would...Dude showed up to TC last year at the start of all this. The fallout would be ridiculous, but i believe he would play.

If he's indicted......they go after his money via the morals clause

Bottomline is He'll have to come off his stance in some capacity by next year. He'll either be settling these civil suits/they get tossed out or whatever........playing in a place he doesn't want to whether its here in Houston or we trade him to a place he doesn't want to............... or he's going to jail.............or he's not being paid as he continues to fight it all.

I think Watson holds two trump cards here:

The first is obvious with the NTC.

The second less so, but that is the potential spectacle of going public with the reason(s) why he refused to play here. Now, that could backfire considering his own legal situation, but it could get messy, and I'd imagine that's the last thing the McNairs want to deal with on a national stage. This is obviously a red button firing off nukes, but if he's going down, he could drag others with him.

I'm just speculating here, so it's just food for thought, not argument.

If Watson feels that he's ultimately in a no-win situation, I would not be surprised if the nuclear option is on the table, especially if they start messing with his money. He might not have much in his bank account once the settlements are done and the lawyers get their cut, so future earnings are most likely extremely important.

Short of the Texans just cutting him and moving on, I honestly think Caserio has done the best job he could do by balancing himself with this situation. He's been careful not to cast a shadow on Watson while also trying to navigate a franchise that was a disaster to walk into as a new GM.

Only if he lifts the NTC. Otherwise, either Miami or maybe Philly ( near NY) are all he might lift it for. He would go to the Jets if an offer was made. Thanks to the NTC he kinda has the team at a stand still

Thanks to being a pervert he's got the team at a standstill.

Let the rumors fly............

January 31, 2022

Let the rumors fly............

January 31, 2022
Eagles have 3 1st round picks this Draft...............#15, #16, and #19. Playing in front of the unmerciful Eagles fans should be interesting............especially after he misfires.

Eagles have 3 1st round picks this Draft...............#15, #16, and #19. Playing in front of the unmerciful Eagles fans should be interesting............especially after he misfires.

If Eagles get on board with this push to obtain Watson’s services, I’d fully expect them to play ball but that doesn’t mean unloading the bulk of their top picks in this draft. They’ll want to spread the risk out over a few drafts…I would ask for the following package:

RD1-15
RD2-51
RD3-83

RD1
RD2

RD1

On the field I do not see Watson have any problem winning over the Eagles fans as he would be a significant upgrade from Jalen. I do think it would be difficult for eagles to convince him to go there. But apparently Dolphins and Giants are no longer in the running. Correct?

If Eagles get on board with this push to obtain Watson’s services, I’d fully expect them to play ball but that doesn’t mean unloading the bulk of their top picks in this draft. They’ll want to spread the risk out over a few drafts…I would ask for the following package:

RD1-15
RD2-51
RD3-83

RD1
RD2

RD1
Of course but Nick Caserio may have something to say about that especially if other teams are in the market.

RD1-15
RD2-51
RD3-83

RD1
RD2

RD1
Why not? Rip the bandaid off this year with 3 firsts and not mortgage the future. You essentially use your first-round pick on Watson (even though you really use 3 of them)

On the field I do not see Watson have any problem winning over the Eagles fans as he would be a significant upgrade from Jalen. I do think it would be difficult for eagles to convince him to go there. But apparently Dolphins and Giants are no longer in the running. Correct?

Philly deserves what they're going to get if they trade for Derrick.

Derrick and Vick should have alot to talk about.

Derrick and the Philly fans/media should be very entertaining.

Why not? Rip the bandaid off this year with 3 firsts and not mortgage the future. You essentially use your first-round pick on Watson (even though you really use 3 of them)

Eagles have more issues than Watson could fill on his own. Texans have to find a taker for Watson and the Eagles know this. I don’t think Eagles GM parts with his 3 RD1’s to get Watson and I doubt Watson waives his NTC for the Eagles if they don’t have the means to improve the team around him.

Last edited:
Eagles have more issues than Watson could fill on his own. Texans have to find a taker for Watson and the Eagles know this. I don’t think Eagles GM parts with his 3 RD1’s to get Watson and I doubt Watson wives his NTC for the Eagles if they don’t have the means to improve the team around him.
Eagles have 3 rd 1's this year... giving up 1 of them for Watson would not be crippling, but I don't think they would do that. They will roll with Hurts at least 1 more year

Eagles have 3 rd 1's this year... giving up 1 of them for Watson would not be crippling, but I don't think they would do that. They will roll with Hurts at least 1 more year

If the Texans were only asking for the 15 pick, RD2 pick, and a RD3 this year, a 2023 RD1 and RD2, and a 2024 RD1….that might work for the Eagles and Watson. It should be better than expected for Caserio and the Texans, considering their situation. Win-Win for all 3 parties.

In till he has a 2 INT no TD game. Then they will riot. Philly fans don't care, it's what have you done for me today (not lately).

If the Texans were only asking for the 15 pick, RD2 pick, and a RD3 this year, a 2023 RD1 and RD2, and a 2024 RD1….that might work for the Eagles and Watson. It should be better than expected for Caserio and the Texans, considering their situation. Win-Win for all 3 parties.

Way too much

You might get a 1st and a 2nd this year and a 1sr and a 2nd in the 2023 draft. But you will probably have to give back your 2023 3rd and that's only if Derrick manages to stay out of the slammer.

If they were found to be guilty of tampering, the league office might make them pay us a draft pick as part of the penalty. I'm thinking they did similar before
I've seen draft choices forfeited. But, I haven't seen them awarded to other teams.

Lance Briggs?
Right. So the Niners contacted Briggs' agent (Drew Rosenhaus) during the season and Goodell stripped the Niners of their 5th round pick and had the Bears and Niners swap picks in the 3rd round (moving the Bears up 5 selections). So there is precedent for a team getting some redress in a tampering case.

Anyway, I was originally referring to no draft compensation via a trade if the Texans were to void Watson's deal. Which they could do right now if they so choose.

Last edited:
Philadelphia is not far from New York and it's playground. I am hopeful if not optimistic that W may increase his teams to include Pennsylvania.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back