Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

It’s time for Cal McNair to take over moving forward.

This is the part that I find most interesting...

"I don't go into meetings and express views like that," said McNair, who called Brown a troublemaker. "I never said that. He (Brown) has no problem saying things that are not true."

McNair must've hired the same PR firm as Trump. It was old news until you're dumbass brings it all back. Too bad such successful men can't just let schit go and move one. What good does it do to bring this up again? Just so effing stupid on McNairs part.

Two things that I think could come from the WSJ interview:

1. He called Brown a liar. Brown said McNair was open about his statements regarding Obama in the lockerroom. I would not be surprised to see other former Texans come out and verify one side of the story or the other. It wasn't like McNair took Brown to a private room to make the comments. McNair, a GOP lifer, was bummed about Obama for whatever reason(s). He should have followed his own future advice to keep politics out of it.

2. He said Kaepernick was looked at by the coaches, but they "didn’t like the way he threw the ball". I would not be surprised to see members of the coaching staff in a deposition for the ongoing lawsuit at some point now.

At this point I'm just kind of like grabbing a bucket of popcorn and taking it all in. I wonder how far this is going to go and don't really give a crap about it one way or the other. I will say if he was going to take this tack he should have done it from the very start and told everyone to go piss up a rope when the topic was blowing up all around him. Bringing it back up now doesn't really help with anything.

If he meant the league office and he didn't want to apologize then he should have said that at the start and called it a day. If he thought Duane Brown was a troublemaker who didn't mind talking out of his fourth point of contact he should have said that at the time.

Yep, it's just entertainment. Anyone that gets emotional about this stuff needs to check their head.

Speaking of which. . .

It was a benign comment that the easily offended took and ran with. I would have thought they reached their safe space by now.

That's hilarious coming from someone with oft-stated butthurt about a man kneeling. I thought you were quitting the NFL as a fan? Guess you get good TV reception in your own safe space.

At this point I'm just kind of like grabbing a bucket of popcorn and taking it all in. I wonder how far this is going to go and don't really give a crap about it one way or the other. I will say if he was going to take this tack he should have done it from the very start and told everyone to go piss up a rope when the topic was blowing up all around him. Bringing it back up now doesn't really help with anything.

If he meant the league office and he didn't want to apologize then he should have said that at the start and called it a day. If he thought Duane Brown was a troublemaker who didn't mind talking out of his fourth point of contact he should have said that at the time.

So basically, McNair only apologized becaue he thought (or was told) that it was cause less heat. Now that it did n't he wants to stand by his words.

Two things that I think could come from the WSJ interview:

1. He called Brown a liar. Brown said McNair was open about his statements regarding Obama in the lockerroom. I would not be surprised to see other former Texans come out and verify one side of the story or the other. It wasn't like McNair took Brown to a private room to make the comments. McNair, a GOP lifer, was bummed about Obama for whatever reason(s). He should have followed his own future advice to keep politics out of it.

2. He said Kaepernick was looked at by the coaches, but they "didn’t like the way he threw the ball". I would not be surprised to see members of the coaching staff in a deposition for the ongoing lawsuit at some point now.

Yep, it's just entertainment. Anyone that gets emotional about this stuff needs to check their head.

Speaking of which. . .

That's hilarious coming from someone with oft-stated butthurt about a man kneeling. I thought you were quitting the NFL as a fan? Guess you get good TV reception in your own safe space.

Chris Meyers and David Anderson have both already come out and corroborated Browns side of the story. Both said it was awkward, ill timed and strange.

McNair is a liar.

Yay more 'fake news' spouted by certain posters and they jump on that high horse. Lol I loved Duane's response .. a picture (gif) is worth a million bucks ... Hey folks McNair is a racist who supports racists and it is what it is .. don't paint him to be a saint.

Or dementia.
hrFXFdy.gif

In this case, McNair is right. He had nothing to apologize for and he wants the public record to reflect that.

We live in a world that demands apologies for imagined slights, mostly for the purpose of political leverage. Anyone with a grain of pride should tell the phony aggrieved to fnck off and collect their scalps elsewhere.

Interesting

Why oh why did he had to resurrect this ugly topic. I mean if you don't mean an apology then he should not have made it in the first place and should have stood his ground.

All he had to do is stick to his original story.................... ugghhh.

Uncomfortable to say least. The unfortunate use of the word "inmates" and now he does not care if the used a word that might have offended folks.

AWKWARD!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE just cant get back to football can we?

the guy is a bazillionair. he dont care what yall think. im not going to buy a tshirt. big fn whoop. im not going to watch their game. big fn whoop. the man is too rich to care. dont act like your opinion matters.

McNair isn’t a Donald Sterling, but his days are numbered because of old age.

At this point it’s just grumpy old grandpa talking at the dinner table about “back in the day things were different” who nobody minds anymore.

Everyone just waiting out the inevitable to split the inheritance.

I still think he has some form of dementia. Alzheimer’s. Something.

The easily offended will never acknowledge that Bob is 81 years old and act like he’s in his prime, in top mental and physical condition.

McNair didn’t wait until he was 80 to become intolerant. But that aside, the comments that Duane said McNair made was 10 years ago.

What has McNair done to show he is intolerant? Donated to republicans? Donated to Trump? That doesn’t make him intolerant.

And while the comments that McNair saying “the outcome of the election wasn’t what some where hoping for” are best left out of the office, what is so terribly wrong with it?

What has McNair done to show he is intolerant? Donated to republicans? Donated to Trump? That doesn’t make him intolerant.

And while the comments that McNair saying “the outcome of the election wasn’t what some where hoping for” are best left out of the office, what is so terribly wrong with it?

I can’t afford to live my life without looking in between the lines. It’s not a luxury I can afford.

Chris Meyers and David Anderson have both already come out and corroborated Browns side of the story. Both said it was awkward, ill timed and strange.

McNair is a liar.

Yep, there you go. I thought there were some former Texans that had already corroborated his story, but could not remember who, when, or where.

If he wanted his employees to leave politics out of it, he should have set a better example himself.

Why oh why did he had to resurrect this ugly topic. I mean if you don't mean an apology then he should not have made it in the first place and should have stood his ground.

All he had to do is stick to his original story.................... ugghhh.

Uncomfortable to say least. The unfortunate use of the word "inmates" and now he does not care if the used a word that might have offended folks.

AWKWARD!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE just cant get back to football can we?

This is the bizarre part. There was no tactical reason to resurrect the issue. He has carefully cultivated a benevolent owner image since he bought the franchise, and he had done a great job of it until somewhat recently. Now he's just undermining his own legacy and perhaps even damaging the brand that his family owns.

What will really be amusing is when Little Enis finally opens his mouth as an NFL owner. Maybe he's more slick than I given him credit, but I do expect some nuggets to drop from his mouth when he assumes control.

Dementia stops being funny right about the time you have to deal with a parent or family member who has it.

Yeah, I watched my grandmother slowly succumb to it. She was a very smart woman and was the matriarch of that side of the family. Great teacher and role model, and even wrote some memoirs in a senior writing class that I've mentioned from time to time.

Unfortunately, she knew that she was slowly losing her mind, because it happened to her mother, as well. My grandfather used a metaphor of a gear that was starting to lose teeth and would slip. His mind was sharp as a tact into his early 90's, even the day before he passed. It was really tough on him to see her mind slowly erode away.

I have absolutely no idea if McNair has any sort of mental illness, and I refuse to comment on it. I have no animosity toward the man, and just seems like piling on when it's not required.

I'm amused by his public comments more than anything else, and I guess I only hope it does not negatively impact the team that we root for in the end.

Help us, Deshaun Watson, you're our only hope.

I have absolutely no idea if McNair has any sort of mental illness, and I refuse to comment on it. I have no animosity toward the man, and just seems like piling on when it's not required.

I'm amused by his public comments more than anything else, and I guess I only hope it does not negatively impact the team that we root for in the end.

Help us, Deshaun Watson, you're our only hope.

Plus if you spent a couple of decades enjoying Bud Adams "reign of crazy" most of what McNair says and does sounds almost normal I think.

Reactions: JB
So McNair doesn’t like Obama. I don’t really care and will give him a pass on the rest of this crap if he’ll promise to never bring it up again. I like watching the game of football being played by highly skilled professional football players. I can barely listen to a coach or GM speak for more than 5 minutes most of the time and if it were up to me reality would have a permanent gag-order on every NFL owner. They almost never have anything worthwhile to say.

So McNair doesn’t like Obama. I don’t really care and will give him a pass on the rest of this crap if he’ll promise to never bring it up again. I like watching the game of football being played by highly skilled professional football players. I can barely listen to a coach or GM speak for more than 5 minutes most of the time and if it were up to me reality would have a permanent gag-order on every NFL owner. They almost never have anything worthwhile to say.
I love listening to BB answer a good football question. Other than that, I pretty much agree 100%.

Don’t know what’s going on with McNair whether he can’t remember or he’s flat out lying...but his account of what happened is innacurate.

He must recognize that something wasn’t right about it otherwise I’m not sure why he’d deny it....unless he truly doesn’t remember.

"A lie told once remains a lie, but a lie told a thousand times becomes the truth" -- Joseph Goebbels

It's a pretty popular stance with the current group in charge of running the country.

"A lie told once remains a lie, but a lie told a thousand times becomes the truth" -- Joseph Goebbels

It's a pretty popular stance with the current group in charge of running the country.

Lets not act like this is the first time a politician/business man lied.

Republicans AND Democrats are both worthless parties and not a single individual is elected on their own merits but by which flag (Dem/Rep) they wave. Its a joke, as proven by a Trump/Clinton election. Lets not act like we had a real choice, they were both the worst case scenario. Nothing wil change until BOTH parties (and those that support them blindly) stop insulting eachother like 5th graders and work together. How much do we build the nation up if all we do is tear eachother down?

No, Im not a Trump supporter.... I just hate it when people act like we had a real choice. I say the same thing when a Trump supporter rips Hilary..... the hypocrisy is annoying. The Dems now sound like the Reps back when Obama was president..... its childish and accomplishes nothing.

Last edited:
Arian is a nutcase. And my respect for Andre dropped some after reading that. Give me a break you freaking snowflake.

Wow Andre dropped some bombshells in that interview.

Some tidbits:
Andre voiced displeasure during his career behind the scenes. Went to rick smith and Kubiak to ask for certain things on the field like “another receiver”.

He asked for a trade when Kubiak was coach. He said he foreshadowed the implosion.

He said Kubiak told him he was crazy.

He said the last few years under Kubiak they had too many players that didn’t bring value to the team. As in they didn’t play on regular downs nor special teams.

Way to kick the guy that took a chance on you, and changed your life for the better by handing you millions of dollars to play a kid sport, in the pants. I will no longer put sum respeck on your name, “Andre Johnson!”

Stop.

These players are investments not charity cases.

These owners aren’t picking some poor kid off the street and fixing them up and giving them millions out of the goodness of their heart. The relationships are mutually beneficial.

I could not give a rat's ass about any of their political beliefs, owners and players alike.

But, this is more than politics, it's about integrity. The Texans owner is either senile or a freakin' liar. I've seen senility firsthand, and McNair is not showing any of those other symptoms, so I'm inclined to perceive him as a dishonest person. His own former employees are not going to conspire against him when the truth is much, much simpler.

He's a couple of bird flips and a bad hairpiece from being Bud McNair. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Arian is a nutcase. And my respect for Andre dropped some after reading that. Give me a break you freaking snowflake.

lol! I'm sure the only thing missing from A.J.'s distinguished career is the respect of some anonymous middle aged white dude on a forum.

Way to kick the guy that took a chance on you, and changed your life for the better by handing you millions of dollars to play a kid sport, in the pants. I will no longer put sum respeck on your name, “Andre Johnson!”

Dude, educate yourself about the history of football. It was never really a kid's sport. In 1905, football was almost outlawed by an act of U.S. Congress when 19 people died playing the sport (another 137 were seriously injured that year). It took an intervention by President Teddy Roosevelt to save the game from extinction.

Baseball is a kid's sport. Football is a man's sport, regardless of how many kids are playing it today. If this country had any common sense, we'd realize that children giving themselves brain damage for our entertainment is not a good idea.

Besides, Andre Johnson is a HoF talent and would have had a great career on any of the 32 teams. If anything, he was too loyal to this franchise and owner when he could have been a prima donna WR and went to another team that actually competed for championships every once in a while. Instead, he chose to be the only bright light for many years for a mediocre organization. He would have been paid millions by many teams.

Dude, educate yourself about the history of football. It was never really a kid's sport. In 1905, football was almost outlawed by an act of U.S. Congress when 19 people died playing the sport (another 137 were seriously injured that year). It took an intervention by President Teddy Roosevelt to save the game from extinction.

Baseball is a kid's sport. Football is a man's sport, regardless of how many kids are playing it today. If this country had any common sense, we'd realize that children giving themselves brain damage for our entertainment is not a good idea.
It's all true, DB is right bout it being even more brutal and dangerous back then. I dunno, I don't think they even played in pads & helmets back in those days ?
No it's no sport for children, it' a mans game.
How bad is rugby, they don't have much protective gear today do they ? Wonder if it's not somewhat like American football back in the days of the early 20th century ?

Wow Andre dropped some bombshells in that interview.

Some tidbits:
Andre voiced displeasure during his career behind the scenes. Went to rick smith and Kubiak to ask for certain things on the field like “another receiver”.

He asked for a trade when Kubiak was coach. He said he foreshadowed the implosion.

He said Kubiak told him he was crazy.

He said the last few years under Kubiak they had too many players that didn’t bring value to the team. As in they didn’t play on regular downs nor special teams.

It was after the 12-4 season that Johnson asked for an upgraded roster (and to be traded if that was not going to happen). He saw Smith (and Kubiak) hanging on to players that were mediocre to begin with, or became mediocre with time, with no interest in replacing them. Nostalgia was more important that improvement. They would get rid of decent players and either not replace them or replace them with much lesser caliber players. In other words, they didn't put the hard work into evaluating and bringing in good players. You didn't see in-season churning of the the bottom of the roster until last year, when Smith essentially handed over the dirty work to Jimmy Raye III . This was the first time that you saw some importance given to "depth." To Smith depth was always an after thought....and the future was just something to hope gets better. O'Brien and Jimmy Raye III were the ones constantly trying to churn the bottom of the roster, trying to find players that could help the team. You are bound to see some of them playing a significant role next year. Too bad that AJ was not able to enjoy the "new thinking" regime...........while seeing his prediction of the 4-12 debacle the year following his plea.

Last edited:
Back