Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Injury Discussion Thread

Wasn't paying enough attention on Sunday to see if Ridgeway was playing.

Was he and is he due to play this week?

12 weeks before Scruggs can make it back from a hamstring?

Did he tear it off the bone?
Is there a new protocol with hanstring injuries these days? Seem to be having a lot longer out before attempting to return to play, yet from what I remember a few years back guys like Will Fuller would be back playing weeks before Doc would have predicted was sensible and the injuries would recurr.

We do have new people at the top of the medical staff IIRC?

Is there a new protocol with hanstring injuries these days? Seem to be having a lot longer out before attempting to return to play, yet from what I remember a few years back guys like Will Fuller would be back playing weeks before Doc would have predicted was sensible and the injuries would recurr.

We do have new people at the top of the medical staff IIRC?

It also helps when there's quality depth on the team that allows for a longer healing period for the player.

Jalen Pitre and Deandre Houston-Carson are the only healthy safeties currently. I expect the team to re-sign Grayland Arnold. Hopefully Jimmie Ward’s hamstring isn’t too bad but I assume given the team’s luck with hamstring injuries this year (Stingley, Scruggs) that he’ll be out awhile.
Fire the athletic trainer!

What happened to Ridgeway? He was supposed to play yesterday and I didn't notice him out there.
His ankle. Same injury.
strained quad.

Who was kicking FGs for us earlier in the year, when Ka'imi was hurt.
Thanks. Any chance you know what happened though? He was kicking then he didn’t come out for the 2bd half. I’ve watched the game three times now. Still no mention of it.

Any news on when to expect Scruggs back - or Stingley?
Scruggs is still "a week or two" away. But once he's released from IR, he'll still have to be signed back to the 53. Once he's released from from the IR, he'll be allowed to practice, but he won't immediately be in game shape, so it still might be another week or two.

Stingley has returned to limited practice. He has 3 weeks to be activated. If he is not activated by then, he is done for the season. Stingley should not be expected to be activated before having a full week of full practice. The longer he is given to rehab, the better his chance is to return to play, albeit still with high risk for re-injury.
On 610 this afternoon, they were speaking with someone who had been at practice. He reported that Stingley was not taking it easy, and that he was planting and driving with his leg and what he was doing in practice he could do in a game. They were speculating that Stingley may be moved to the roster before Sunday.

On 610 this afternoon, they were speaking with someone who had been at practice. He reported that Stingley was not taking it easy, and that he was planting and driving with his leg and what he was doing in practice he could do in a game. They were speculating that Stingley may be moved to the roster before Sunday.
& probably back on IR before the following Sunday.

Stingley will never ever live up to his pre draft hype. He's a walking injury. A bust. Any actual use we can get out of him before we dump him is always nice.

Pre-draft hype? I really don’t recall any. I just recall after his name was called it was a collective:

giphy.gif

The Texans should be very cautious for a decision to play Sunday for Stingley and Anderson despite their upgrade to full and limited participation, respectively.

While it would be nice to pull an upset against the Bengals, it is not important to have players healthy against divisional opponents. (Yes. I am a believer we can make the playoffs.)

Let Stingley and Anderson rest a game. Bring them back healthy for the Jags coming up.

Did To’o To’o sustain a concussion in practice Wednesday? Listed as LP Wed and DNP Thurs.

If so, both him and Harris have had concussions in practice this season…

So Will Anderson MCL Grade I, probably needs rest right? How many games do you expect him to miss Doc?

While we're waiting for @CloakNNNdagger opinion, here's what the interwebs says:
  • A mild MCL injury or grade one sprain should take 3 to 6 weeks to make a full recovery.
  • A more severe grade 2 or grade 3 injury may take 8 to 12 weeks.

Source: Sports Injury Clinic: MCL Sprain - Symptoms, Treatment, Exercises & Rehabilitation (sportsinjuryclinic.net)

If the minimum is 3 weeks, expect the Texans staff to rest him for only 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stingley will never ever live up to his pre draft hype. He's a walking injury. A bust. Any actual use we can get out of him before we dump him is always nice.
No he’s not, the main reason why I wanted Sauce Gardner. Nick dropped the ball big time on that one.

Back