Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Hurricane Ike

For what its worth, I just bought about 18 sheets of plywood and will start the boarding process tomorrow evening....

Price you pay, I suppose, for living in paradise.

I hope it weakens severely over Cuba
It will, supposed to weaken down to a cat 1..but to rebound back in the bath water in the Gulf.

Its high season for hurricanes...not only is our team playing like its 2005...seems the tropics may feel the same way. Remember THAT hurricane season...no one down here should ever forget.... :wild:

it's deja vu all over again.

Wonder what New Orleans will do this time? If they wait till its in the Gulf they won't have enough time to get everyone out.

I see the "Great Rita Scramble Part 2" coming about Wednesday this week..

GFDL Model has it at Cat 4 a couple of hundred miles SE of Galveston on Friday.

I was at Wallyworld at Katy Mills this morning and encountered several people shopping for their hurricane kits. One guy was busting on his wife about the importance of good salsa in a hurricane kit, it was hilarious but one of those 'had to be there' to appreciate it.
I still stand by original Ike posting. My brother in law is relentless on his dislike for anything FILOgirl...and I am just as adament on my distaste for him.

Back off, Ike...I know you wanna come mess with me. :aggressive:

Wonder what New Orleans will do this time? If they wait till its in the Gulf they won't have enough time to get everyone out.

I see the "Great Rita Scramble Part 2" coming about Wednesday this week..

GFDL Model has it at Cat 4 a couple of hundred miles SE of Galveston on Friday.

It's the Mother's Mother of all storms. :hide:

The NOLAs need to head to FL. It's FL's turn to step up.
I don't care if all their cuzins are in H-town, go east!

so what do they do if they have to cancel the game :thinking:

First, they will look at moving the game to an earlier date or a later date (a day earlier or later). If that doesn't work, they look at moving the game to a safer venue.

Well I am sure the NFL would have to decide by Wednesday what to do about it...logistics and all would need that much time to get in place...I am thinking that SA is being contacted about the use of the Alamo Dome...
Moving a game to a Friday isn't going to happen and move it back a day won't matter if it does indeed come Houston's way, so SA is most likely the only reasonable move, but then again, if they think they can pull the game off on Friday and still protect the teams...still a long shot

We have friends from San Antonio coming in to go to the game with us. I guess we could go there instead. Sigh.

I so want to be in denial about all of this.

I just found out I might have a chance to go see the Cubs/Astros Sunday afternoon. Any word in Houston on the situation/scenarios?

I just found out I might have a chance to go see the Cubs/Astros Sunday afternoon. Any word in Houston on the situation/scenarios?

As the NFL, I am sure they are working on any alternate plans, so rest assured, if one of the leagues says something about moving their game,the other will be close behind with the same thing....

Latest track heads it right toward Galveston. Could be, but if I were a betting man, I would be placing my bets on a Rita like track over toward the Golden Triangle or SW LA. These storms are notoroius for teasing Galveston and then making a northward turn at the end. It's going to be a close call though, and I think we will be testing the contraflow lanes round about Thursday with mass evacs out of the coastal counties.

Latest track heads it right toward Galveston. Could be, but if I were a betting man, I would be placing my bets on a Rita like track over toward the Golden Triangle or SW LA. These storms are notoroius for teasing Galveston and then making a northward turn at the end. It's going to be a close call though, and I think we will be testing the contraflow lanes round about Thursday with mass evacs out of the coastal counties.
Dunno if I agree with the notorious part...1900 may want to argue that point with you.
I will be watching the mass exodus from my lawn chair if it manifests, with my liquid refreshment.
:)

at200809_model.gif

at200809.gif

Looking at the 2:00 models, my first thought was that this storm keeps shifting west. So hopefully (for us - Sorry Valley Texans), it continues the trend and keeps aiming further west as time goes by. We will be on the dirty side of the storm, but I really would like to avoid a direct hit.

Unfortunately, the most reliable model (GFDL) still has it aiming at us. :thinking:

I think the valley needs to take one for the team (the Texans) and have it head there. :texflag:

sure. we will take one for the team, but how the hell am i going to watch the game ?

but hey, that might be a blessing...

Looking at the 2:00 models, my first thought was that this storm keeps shifting west. So hopefully (for us - Sorry Valley Texans), it continues the trend and keeps aiming further west as time goes by. We will be on the dirty side of the storm, but I really would like to avoid a direct hit.

Unfortunately, the most reliable model (GFDL) still has it aiming at us. :thinking:

I think the valley needs to take one for the team (the Texans) and have it head there. :texflag:

I'm starting to think Dr. Neil Frank has something to do with those GFDL models.

Well now it's looking like it's going to be heading southwards towards Corpus....Sorry guys, better you than us I say ....hang in there, we'll help out if need be....

Looking better every update for Houston and the Texans game Sunday. So what, we might get some rain, but if it hits where it is projected to Sat. morning, come Sunday afternoon, even the heavy rain if we even get it, might lighten up enough to tailgate....Fingers crossed it follows the path it is expecting to....

Looking better every update for Houston and the Texans game Sunday. So what, we might get some rain, but if it hits where it is projected to Sat. morning, come Sunday afternoon, even the heavy rain if we even get it, might lighten up enough to tailgate....Fingers crossed it follows the path it is expecting to....

Where will I watch the Texans game if my house gets blown down?

Darn you Houston elistists.

thanks,

Stan

Don't let your guard down guys. I think they have this too far down the coast. I see landfall from Matagorda Bay to Galveston as a cat 2 or 3. Watch and see if they don't start inching the track up the coast slowly but surely over the next day or so.

Don't let your guard down guys. I think they have this too far down the coast. I see landfall from Matagorda Bay to Galveston as a cat 2 or 3. Watch and see if they don't start inching the track up the coast slowly but surely over the next day or so.

hi...i live in galveston...imma need you to reprise your track some

hi...i live in galveston...imma need you to reprise your track some

LOL. Well, I think it's south of Galveston, but not sure yet how much. It's all a crapshoot anyway when you get right down to it. If that ridge holds strong, it's Corpus or south of there even. I just don't buy it.

I think these things historicall have a tendancy to hook to the right and that worries me some. I've had a bad feeling about this BADBOY almost since it's inception.

You playin Jedi mind tricks on us? :thinking:

So true, I believe that too and the lastest model runs agree.

Back