Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Head Coach Candidates

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I am a bit confused by those who like Caserio, hate Easterby and yet it was Easterby who hired Caserio. :hankpalm:
It's not that I like or dislike Easterby. I dont know the man. I would've fired everybody after 51-7 including Easterby. I do like the Caserio hire, but there's no way you can convince me that Frazier/Caldwell/Culley is his hire. He seems more like an EB guy to me. I will bet you if he had his choice of HC's McDaniels/Daboll would be his hire.

Decim8

Veteran
It's not that I like or dislike Easterby. I dont know the man. I would've fired everybody after 51-7 including Easterby. I do like the Caserio hire, but there's no way you can convince me that Frazier/Caldwell/Culley is his hire. He seems more like an EB guy to me. I will bet you if he had his choice of HC's McDaniels/Daboll would be his hire.
You think EB is caserio guy?

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
My friend You know damn well if EB was hired you would’ve said it was cause it’s watsons choice......not caserio lol
You better believe it.

However out of the choices Cuck gave Caserio I think EB would've been his choice.

In other words I dont believe for a minute Culley was Caserio's choice.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Out of curiosity, whose choice do you think it was?
Cuck's

Fraizer was Cuck's guy but in typical McNair fashion Cuck didn't want to pay the extra yr that Frazier wanted.

I kinda like that atleast a career asst coach (Culley) is going to get paid before he retires/gets fired. Neither Frazier/Culley are going to be able to win with this franchise and how they go about acquiring talent.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
Cuck's

Fraizer was Cuck's guy but in typical McNair fashion Cuck didn't want to pay the extra yr that Frazier wanted.

I kinda like that atleast a career asst coach (Culley) is going to get paid before he retires/gets fired. Neither Frazier/Culley are going to be able to win with this franchise and how they go about acquiring talent.
starting early huh?

SnakeEyes

Under NRG
How do we know what Cal wants? Or what Easterby wants? Or what Nick wants?
Reread it.
We have been told Watson is part of the choice. However, I don't think anything Easterby is not 100% with is happening. Meaning, Cal is doing what Easterby wants. It seems like it at least.

SnakeEyes

Under NRG
and Casario too!
How about NO! This is the most qualified GM we have had since Charlie and Capers were here. And I will go out on a limb and say he is going to be top 3-4 GMs in the NFL in 2-3yrs (as in when we get draft picks). He is smart, he knows scouting, he knows how to move around the draft to get who he wants, he was a key part of making late round picks pro bowl players... Need I go on? He was a key player in building 3 SB winning teams and more.

BullRushTX

To'oTo'o A'go-go
What gives you the warm fuzzies about Bieniemy?
He's been working under Andy Reid for years, so I figure he'll run a similar style of offensive system and I think he's smart enough to hire a talented DC. I think a rookie QB would develop well with him as coach.

Reactions: JB

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
He's been working under Andy Reid for years, so I figure he'll run a similar style of offensive system and I think he's smart enough to hire a talented DC. I think a rookie QB would develop well with him as coach.
He's been interviewed a number of times over the years but still is an OC. There was a lot of discussion on this board a couple years ago about him. There was also the question of is he really designing the game plan and calling plays

BullRushTX

To'oTo'o A'go-go
He's been interviewed a number of times over the years but still is an OC. There was a lot of discussion on this board a couple years ago about him. There was also the question of is he really designing the game plan and calling plays
He may or may not be responsible for it, but at this point he should know the mechanics of how to do it in Reid's system. If not Bieniemy, a offensive coach who wants to run a dynamic offense and can develop talent.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I saw Mahomes and EB going at it on the sidelines earlier this yr.

SnakeEyes

Under NRG
I have heard Reid calls plays in about 50% of the game. It was on a podcast from a guy who is a media member from KC. So, if true than EB is not the only one calling plays in KC

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
So, if true than EB is not the only one calling plays in KC
Whether he's calling plays or not isn't a big thing to me. He might bring someone in to call plays for all we know.

It would be nice to know if he can build & install an offense. Mike Kafka seems to be doing a fine job, well... Dabol might have a hand in it too. But at least I know Kafka was in on the ground floor

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
Their thoughts are not our thoughts. Therefore, they will do the complete opposite to what you gents want.
probably..last year around this time, noone on this board was talking about Stingley...not as a guy worthy of the #3 pick anyway...By contrast, alot of folks were talking up the local kid's Green & Pitre. Extremely small sample size, but the guy noone was talking up....... looks like he's gonna be ok.....the guys everyone on this board WERE talking up?...1 has been getting his ass handed to him the last 3-4 weeks & the other is like top 5 in missed tackles....both had very promising starts.

Im not pointing this out b/c i believe they're busts..just that our "wants" haven't faired so well either.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
probably..last year around this time, noone on this board was talking about Stingley...not as a guy worthy of the #3 pick anyway...By contrast, alot of folks were talking up the local kid's Green & Pitre. Extremely small sample size, but the guy noone was talking up....... looks like he's gonna be ok.....the guys everyone on this board WERE talking up?...1 has been getting his ass handed to him the last 3-4 weeks & the other is like top 5 in missed tackles....both had very promising starts.

Im not pointing this out b/c i believe they're busts..just that our "wants" haven't faired so well either.
I talked about Stingley early and Doc told me about his injury history. Then I wanted Neal/Davis/Sam Williams with the 1st three picks. When it became obvious that Neal wasn't going to be picked at #3 I circled back to Sauce.

Stingley has pleasantly surprised with his ability, although I think he's been misused by Lovie and now he's hurt.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
I finally have my HC candidate should Lovie’s tenure come to an end at seasons end.

I was checking on the potential HC candidates for 2023 and a coach who’s on the list really appealed after reading several articles on him.

Kansas State HC, Chris Klieman (55 Yrs Old). Before arriving at K-State, Klieman was the Uber successful HC at North Dakota State. Klieman posted a 69-6 record in 5 seasons (2014-2018) while adding 4 Championships for good measure. His most impressive season happened in his first season (2014) when the majority of the team (30 players) had moved on. He had Carson Wentz in his first season as a starter, but still coached an extremely young team to a 15-1 record and another Championship against some pretty tough odds.

Kansas State managed to hire Klieman away from NDSU for the 2019 season. In his 4 seasons with the Wildcats he has posted a 30-19 record and has coached this team to a Sugar Bowl visit this season.

Klieman has a solid up and coming OC in Colin Klein (33 Yrs Old) who runs an Agressive Up-Tempo Offense that features both the No-Huddle and Huddle while attempting to make sure his playmakers are getting the touches.

Klieman brought in his old DC (NDSU) Joe Klanderman (43 Yrs Old) to bring the same aggressive style to his defense. He adjusted his defense to fit the available talent…..a 3-3-5 style. My guess, his type of flexibility could be perfect for this defense.

Klieman has taken over programs that were expected to have down seasons and coached up both programs…..Texans could use some coaching up.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
I finally have my HC candidate should Lovie’s tenure come to an end at seasons end.

I was checking on the potential HC candidates for 2023 and a coach who’s on the list really appealed after reading several articles on him.

Kansas State HC, Chris Klieman (55 Yrs Old). Before arriving at K-State, Klieman was the Uber successful HC at North Dakota State. Klieman posted a 69-6 record in 5 seasons (2014-2018) while adding 4 Championships for good measure. His most impressive season happened in his first season (2014) when the majority of the team (30 players) had moved on. He had Carson Wentz in his first season as a starter, but still coached an extremely young team to a 15-1 record and another Championship against some pretty tough odds.

Kansas State managed to hire Klieman away from NDSU for the 2019 season. In his 4 seasons with the Wildcats he has posted a 30-19 record and has coached this team to a Sugar Bowl visit this season.

Klieman has a solid up and coming OC in Colin Klein (33 Yrs Old) who runs an Agressive Up-Tempo Offense that features both the No-Huddle and Huddle while attempting to make sure his playmakers are getting the touches.

Klieman brought in his old DC (NDSU) Joe Klanderman (43 Yrs Old) to bring the same aggressive style to his defense. He adjusted his defense to fit the available talent…..a 3-3-5 style. My guess, his type of flexibility could be perfect for this defense.

Klieman has taken over programs that were expected to have down seasons and coached up both programs…..Texans could use some coaching up.
Not likely he would bring coordinators with him if he could

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
Not likely he would bring coordinators with him if he could
His coordinators are young and appear to be pretty good. It’d be like when Johnson came to the Cowboys. It’d be about the right time for a youth movement with a first time NFL HC and some young coordinators…..who would ultimately follow Caserio’s lead. This would ultimately keep the leadership structure in place.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
His coordinators are young and appear to be pretty good. It’d be like when Johnson came to the Cowboys. It’d be about the right time for a youth movement with a first time NFL HC and some young coordinators…..who would ultimately follow Caserio’s lead. This would ultimately keep the leadership structure in place.
You think K-State would let all 3 buy out their contracts?

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
How would y'all feel about Frank Reich as the next HC?

Srriani said he's the brightest offensive mind he's ever worked for. Reich would definitely bring stability to the HC position. You could do worse and there wouldn't be the young HC learning curve.

I'm not advocating for Reich becoming the next HC. But just throwing thoughts out there.