Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Head Coach Candidates

I gotta admit, some of those plays Bieniemy was running were works of art. & the way you'd see the "same" play ran out of different personel packages had me thinking the Texans could do some of that.

There was definitely a creativity on the Chiefs side that looked so fluid and natural, it would take me a second to acknowledge it.

There was a few plays where I thought “the Chiefs are doing what buttchin thought he was doing”.

Well it’s looking like it’s going to be Frazier. I would rather Beienemy or the colts D.C. anyone else is a failure IMO. I wouldn’t blame Watson of he left because of Frazier.

I don't see anything that says EB is out of the running. So what if they're continuing the interviewing process, EB is preparing for a Superbowl right now. Could it be they want to cover all their bases with these other guys while they can, so when they do bring EB back they're in a position to offer him the job knowing they've done their DD on the others? That there's no unanswered question in their minds?
Perhaps NC wanted to interview Josh Mac just to see what he had as far as if he thought he was future HC material?
I just see a lot of speculation based off alot of he said/she said and speculation etc...nothing from DW4 that I know of.
Texans are going to loose a lot of support and fan interest of EB isn't the hire and it'll look like NC as our new GM was a bad move. We could have has anyone of the ones that were hired for the other teams, and we hold out for Frazier? For Culley?
We'll be the NFL clowns of the league! Probably already are...

Last edited:
I don't see anything that says EB is out of the running. So what if they're continuing the interviewing process, EB is preparing for a Superbowl right now. Could it be they want to cover all their bases with these other guys while they can, so when they do bring EB back they're in a position to offer him the job knowing they've done their DD on the others? That there's no unanswered question in their minds?
Perhaps NC wanted to interview Josh Mac just to see what he had as far as if he thought he was future HC material?
I just see a lot of speculation based off alot of he said/she said and speculation etc...nothing from DW4 that I know of.
Texans are going to loose a lot of support and fan interest of EB isn't the hire and it'll look like NC as our new GM was a bad move. We could have has anyone of the ones that were hired for the other teams, and we hold out for Frazier? For Culley?
We'll be the NFL clowns of the league! Probably already are...

It's been posted in several threads that the McCown interview was just a dry run for Caserio according to CND, who has a source in the organization

If we were going to hire Frazier or Culley why haven't they pulled the trigger? Could it be we're waiting on EB to be available?

Culley is or has been interviewed this morning. They may make their decision this afternoon & make an announcement by Friday.

No , I was being sarcastic .... The Bills got bounced the same way the Texans got bounced , just not quite as bad.

That game really played out similarly to the 51-7 debacle - the Bills up 9-0 after a muffed punt leading to a score then KC storms back 51-7 / 38-15.
To add to the fire. So the only reason he is a candidate is because hes an agent of bob lamonte well this organization is done for

To add to the fire. So the only reason he is a candidate is because hes an agent of bob lamonte well this organization is done for

Besides having LaMonte for an agent, he has many of the qualities Cal and Easterby thinks are essential to being a good coach.

"CBS Minnesota reports that Frazier was "a soft-spoken man of deep Christian faith who has excelled at creating a culture of harmony and respect around the locker room." During Frazier's farewell speech on Monday, ESPN reports that Frazier invited his players to "call him if they ever needed anything" and that he was applauded as he left the room. Frazier is known for his servant-leadership and for the way that he treated his players, acting as a mentor to them and giving good counsel. Vikings safety Jamarca Sanford says of Frazier, "When you talk to him, you respect him as a man and you respect what he believes in ... He's a godly man."

Fired Vikings' Coach Leslie Frazier Lauded as Godly Mentor by NFL Players (gospelherald.com)

According to McClain?
Well, everyone is saying Culley interviewed this morning.
I’m stating they could make their decision tonight & announce tomorrow or Friday.

jmo, if they don’t make an announcement this week it’s most likely Bieniemy unless they do a third interview with someone next week.

I like Caserio. It’s just sad that all decisions go through the moral compass (Easterby) wether they are good for the team or not. Wether he has a plan or not, Easterby is running the show.
Seeing how this is already a dumpster fire maybe starting his own little "Branch Davidians" would be a better comparison.
Hopefully Casserio has a plan or knows WTF he’s doing, because right now this organization just seems lost.

I wonder what Bieniemy would say if one of his players approached him with personal issues.
Go see the team chaplain?

I'm not sure when football coaches had to be good counselors in all things related to life in order to have a job as a coach on a football team. Is this just a Houston Texans thing now or some new trend? I wonder what Vince Lombardi, Tom Landry, Chuck Noll, and Mike Ditka said when one of their players approached them with a personal issue? I can only guess and I can't post what I think their response would be on this board w/o heavy censor.

I just want the Texans to hire the best man for the job. The job of coaching. But I'm absolutely convinced they're using an unconventional tool for measuring the success of a head coach candidate.

Reports have stated that the Texans were in negotiations to hire Omar Khan from Pittsburgh. Easterby intervened and loaded up Cal on the jet and flew to New England get Caserio. Rumor has it Khan was not going to keep Easteby, so he did what he had to keep Cal under his spell.
I' am a bit confused by those who like Caserio, hate Easterby and yet it was Easterby who hired Caserio. :hankpalm:

"CBS Minnesota reports that Frazier was "a soft-spoken man of deep Christian faith who has excelled at creating a culture of harmony and respect around the locker room."
Good. As long as we don’t get someone who can coach FOOTBALL and WIN.

Maybe they’ll move church game time to 9 am while they’re at it.

Hopefully Casserio has a plan or knows WTF he’s doing, because right now this organization just seems lost.

Nick I'm sure has a plan. However, I am not sure if he is going to be involved with picking the HC. I know what we have been told but it's looking like Cal is doing what Easterby wants. Nick was coming here for awhile now, back to when Bob McNair was alive. He was trying to get him. So, even though he is from NE and has the same agent as Easterby. I think it is a good bet that he was coming in unless Easterby said no. True, helps their agent (Easterby and Nick). Meanwhile on the HC front, Watson is the one who Cal may veto Easterby on. He wants Watson happy. Unless in secret Easterby has already gotten Cal set to trade Watson or something. Frazier is a great D coach not a great HC.

Back