Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Head Coach Candidates

If Philly interviewed Josh McDaniels I wonder why he hasn’t interviewed here or anywhere else?

Are we just waiting for a better time when the natives, err fans, are calm or distracted?

That’s usually how McClain talks after he’s been tipped off. My money’s on Frazier now. He also fits into this Bob Lamonte/Jack Easterby racket.
Assterby won’t rest until we’re the NFL version of Notre Dame.
Where have you been the last 18 years? This is how the McNairs have been running this team from day 1.

Easterby is not the problem. He's an integral part of the McNair way, this is & has been the Texans way.

A few days old, and perhaps already posted, but...

Just hire EB and get this over with. You’ll be the organization that finally gave him a chance (maybe helping shed the “good ole boy” reputation that the organization has now), the players will be on board, maybe Watson decides to get back on board and it’ll shut up all of these sports writers that have been pining for him to get a job for the last two years.

Just hire EB and get this over with. You’ll be the organization that finally gave him a chance (maybe helping shed the “good ole boy” reputation that the organization has now), the players will be on board, maybe Watson decides to get back on board and it’ll shut up all of these sports writers that have been pining for him to get a job for the last two years.
This seems like the obvious and hell safe thing to do...but we are talking about the Texans.

Where do you get the "good ole boy" mantra from? We had Rick and romeo.

This seems like the obvious and hell safe thing to do...but we are talking about the Texans.
Maybe.

A lot of people think Watson wanted Bieniemy because he said some nice things about him when asked. But Watson never met the man.

Likewise he said good things about Eberflus, but no one thinks Watson wants Eberflus. Funny how Watson said we need discipline in his last press conference when asked what he’s looking for in a HC. He also mentioned discipline at least twice when talking about Eberflus.

Maybe Saleh was the one he wanted all along.

Maybe.

A lot of people think Watson wanted Bieniemy because he said some nice things about him when asked. But Watson never met the man.

Likewise he said good things about Eberflus, but no one thinks Watson wants Eberflus. Funny how Watson said we need discipline in his last press conference when asked what he’s looking for in a HC. He also mentioned discipline at least twice when talking about Eberflus.

Maybe Saleh was the one he wanted all along.

This race business is getting the best of us. I'm disgusted its even a factor.

I think it's just on this board that it's a factor. I've yet to see it mentioned elsewhere

Not saying you’re wrong but to be fair it’s not something the media outlets would mention unless Watson flat said I want a black HC. Seeing as Watson hasn’t and wouldn’t say that the media outlets aren’t going to say that because they would be crucified for even suggesting it.

Not saying you’re wrong but to be fair it’s not something the media outlets would mention unless Watson flat said I want a black HC. Seeing as Watson hasn’t and wouldn’t say that the media outlets aren’t going to say that because they would be crucified for even suggesting it.

That's why it's so ludicrous that any here would reach out like that

McCown as HC... According to "reports" former players support it. Not a move I even slightly suspected to be a thing.

Give it up. I've had contact with a KC coach who affirmed that Reid has essentially always called the plays. This twitter account is a joke of reliability.
What differ does it really make. He’s right there involved with every call. He knows the plays just as well as Reid and surely by now he has a feel for how Reid calls them. This really is a non factor to me.

What differ does it really make. He’s right there involved with every call. He knows the plays just as well as Reid and surely by now he has a feel for how Reid calls them. This really is a non factor to me.
Reid had never called plays in the NFL when he took the Eagles HC job in 1999.

Back