Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Head Coach Candidates

What if Bieniemy has a b.o. issue? Serious. What if teams have been wanting to hire Bieniemy but when they get in the room they notice a terrible b.o. problem they can’t get past?

Maybe not b.o. necessarily, but something they only notice in person.

I think he used to have a problem with getting food stuck in his teeth but now someone has coached him up to chew with his mouth closed so he's good to go.

First out, last in. The David Carr of NFL franchises.

Others (w/ Texans insider sources) have mentioned this was Bieniemy's job from day one. We can't officially hire him until the Chiefs are eliminated. This knowledge is also probably why other teams didn't risk holding out for him, and moved forward w/ other candidates.

Now if the Texans end up hiring Eberflus or Caldwell... then yes, these guys clearly don't know what they're doing.

Others (w/ Texans insider sources) have mentioned this was Bieniemy's job from day one. We can't officially hire him until the Chiefs are eliminated. This knowledge is also probably why other teams didn't risk holding out for him, and moved forward w/ other candidates.

Now if the Texans end up hiring Eberflus or Caldwell... then yes, these guys clearly don't know what they're doing.

I won’t buy into a “day one” focus but I would now be shocked if he wasn’t locked in and just waiting to let it softly roll out post-Sunday. No way they wait for the SB.

The only thing that gives me pause is if that’s the case then you would the agents for the other two candidates would at least work to give their clients some cover (the old “they want to stay where they are” announcement).

From the General's tweet above.
I won’t be surprised if the Texans hire Bills DC Leslie Frazier. GM Nick Caserio, who sat in coaches booth, wore headphones and communicated with OC Josh McDaniels, watched Frazier’s defense twice a season over his last 4 years with Patriots.
Is this due to Frazier, or Sean McDermott. If we're going to question Bieniemy's influence in the KC offense, the same doubt has to be on Frazier.

BTW, the Chiefs have routinely lit up a good Patriot defense since Reid & Bieniemy showed up in KC. Even back in the Alex Smith days.

So if they're interviewed McCown, it probably means they're gonna hire someone slightly more qualified than him but not much more qualified. Though based on the last few years, whoever "we" collectively think is the worst possible choice is, they'll find a way to choose someone even worse.

I don't care. It doesn't matter who we hire because Deshaun Watson is going away and it doesn't matter who coaches for the next few years anyway.

And at this point I want Bienemy to fail too because of all the nut-hugging from fans who think they've got all the ******* answers.

God, sports fans are annoying.

Of the two obvious qualities McCown exhibits, which do you think appeals to the Texans the most?

1. Devout, outspoken Christian
2. Zero experience for the job at hand
all of the above

Ding, ding, we have a winner! Give the young man his prize.

ecb0a684-53d9-407f-8b40-404577a02d52_1.7f2399fcdf2e06c39beba4149191bb39.jpeg

God, sports fans are annoying.

"They can be." - Jack Easterby

Texans interviewing Journeyman QB Josh McCown for Head Coach? First impression? What an embarrassment for the organization. Then I remembered...

1) Traded their best player for peanuts
2) Handed the organizational reins to a character coach
3) Managed to alienate the franchise QB with a series of Keystone Kops offseason maneuvers

Interview a coaching novice for Head Coach? Meh, not that bad.

Bit of a head stretcher with the interview with josh for HC. Isn’t he still on the active roster or something?

Last edited:
Is this due to Frazier, or Sean McDermott. If we're going to question Bieniemy's influence in the KC offense, the same doubt has to be on Frazier.

point taken.

Bieniemy also has amazing talent on the other side of him; Mahomes, Kielce, Hill, Fisher, etc...

None of those insiders know. To me it's either EB or Frazier. If they were going to hire Eberflus or Caldwell, they could've done it already. Same with Lewis. Some of these interviews may hay be a look at a staff.

From the General's tweet above.

BTW, the Chiefs have routinely lit up a good Patriot defense since Reid & Bieniemy showed up in KC. Even back in the Alex Smith days.

That’s usually how McClain talks after he’s been tipped off. My money’s on Frazier now. He also fits into this Bob Lamonte/Jack Easterby racket.

Back