Support and keep Texans Talk going. Make a donation here.

Head Coach Candidates

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I am a bit confused by those who like Caserio, hate Easterby and yet it was Easterby who hired Caserio. :hankpalm:
It's not that I like or dislike Easterby. I dont know the man. I would've fired everybody after 51-7 including Easterby. I do like the Caserio hire, but there's no way you can convince me that Frazier/Caldwell/Culley is his hire. He seems more like an EB guy to me. I will bet you if he had his choice of HC's McDaniels/Daboll would be his hire.

Decim8

Rookie
It's not that I like or dislike Easterby. I dont know the man. I would've fired everybody after 51-7 including Easterby. I do like the Caserio hire, but there's no way you can convince me that Frazier/Caldwell/Culley is his hire. He seems more like an EB guy to me. I will bet you if he had his choice of HC's McDaniels/Daboll would be his hire.
You think EB is caserio guy?

Lucky

Trust Me. I Know What I'm Doing.
Staff member
A 65 year old who has never held a head coaching position? I'm gonna ask for a trade if Caserio hires this guy.
This is my formal trade request. To whatever team JJ plays for next season.

Not leaving the Texans forever. Just until this dumpster fire is over. On 2nd thought, I might not live that long.

Last edited:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
My friend You know damn well if EB was hired you would’ve said it was cause it’s watsons choice......not caserio lol
You better believe it.

However out of the choices Cuck gave Caserio I think EB would've been his choice.

In other words I dont believe for a minute Culley was Caserio's choice.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Out of curiosity, whose choice do you think it was?
Cuck's

Fraizer was Cuck's guy but in typical McNair fashion Cuck didn't want to pay the extra yr that Frazier wanted.

I kinda like that atleast a career asst coach (Culley) is going to get paid before he retires/gets fired. Neither Frazier/Culley are going to be able to win with this franchise and how they go about acquiring talent.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
Cuck's

Fraizer was Cuck's guy but in typical McNair fashion Cuck didn't want to pay the extra yr that Frazier wanted.

I kinda like that atleast a career asst coach (Culley) is going to get paid before he retires/gets fired. Neither Frazier/Culley are going to be able to win with this franchise and how they go about acquiring talent.
starting early huh?

SnakeEyes

Under NRG
How do we know what Cal wants? Or what Easterby wants? Or what Nick wants?
Reread it.
We have been told Watson is part of the choice. However, I don't think anything Easterby is not 100% with is happening. Meaning, Cal is doing what Easterby wants. It seems like it at least.

SnakeEyes

Under NRG
and Casario too!
How about NO! This is the most qualified GM we have had since Charlie and Capers were here. And I will go out on a limb and say he is going to be top 3-4 GMs in the NFL in 2-3yrs (as in when we get draft picks). He is smart, he knows scouting, he knows how to move around the draft to get who he wants, he was a key part of making late round picks pro bowl players... Need I go on? He was a key player in building 3 SB winning teams and more.