Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Head Coach Candidate (Lovie Smith Hired) 2/7/22

Does it really matter?

And if McCown isn't the hire, why does this seem to matter so much to you?

Because homeboy has been a part in wrecking this franchise. This team is partly to largely in the state it is due to JE. The fact that you can't or don't see that is not my problem. It's all right there. You don't think he had any role in things like selling Hopkins for a pack of gum? Nah, he's totally blameless for the sorry state of this franchise. If you're going to clean house, sweep the trash out with it. Cal didn't do it, he's let this situation fester, and here we are.

Texans fans reactions if McCown is announced as the next head coach..

head-brain.gif

Interesting how we haven't heard of anyone turning down the Texans interview.
and you won't but you can be assured there have been some who did. If you think about it, it will make sense why both sides want to keep it quiet.

Last edited:
If we were da Bears, the Giants, or Minnesota we would have better candidates. We can’t attract the best because of (insert your reason here.)

We have to make do.

There are better qualified candidates than others though applying for the position.

We have actually interviewed the same guys as those teams. Josh Mc. and Hines Ward things are the outliers. 4 of 6 we have interviewed are mainstream candidates.

Minnesota has interviewed Harbaugh and DeMeco. NY interviewed Daboll. (I don’t see where we interviewed him.

And that was my point. There have been coaches we as fans would like to coach here that have interviewed elsewhere and not here.

You disputed that. You are wrong.

It was me. I don’t mind saying I am a Kool Aid drinkers.

I really don't care, either. I don't keep track of who says what. I tend to gloss over names and just read the thoughts.

I just find it funny that anyone would embrace "drinking koolaid" as a metaphor for blindly following anything considering the origin of the term was a bunch of brainwashed dead people from believing a lying preacher man. It's an. . .interesting parallel. :hmmm: OBLIGATORY lol

Interesting how we haven't heard of anyone turning down the Texans interview.

Would we hear? I mean, it's not like the Texans would brag about it. idonno:

I just don't get your hate for Easterby.

None of us ever understood your burning hatred for Deshaun Watson (pre-2021), your scorching hatred of Rick Smith, or your raging hatred of Gary Kubiak.

And now you're simping for Easterby? It's very odd, to say the least. :thinking:

BTW - whether he is hired or not, the influence of JE has been confirmed. What other team has interviewed him for HC once much less 3 times? You think that's out of the blue and a total coincidence right?

If you do, I've got some ocean front property in Arizona for sale cheap if you're interested.

I'm interested in your ocean front property, however I spent all my money on a beautiful bridge in San Francisco.

:coffee:

E. Bunny isn't about football, he's about religion.

I haven't seen that.

Care to show me an don't use McCown as an example.

The McNair's used the religious test long before Easterby entered the doors on Kirby.

It's where the teen Not Texans Worthy.

I really don't care, either. I don't keep track of who says what. I tend to gloss over names and just read the thoughts.

You care. You wouldn’t have brought it up twice if you didn’t. Even used your fancy font and fancy colors.

It’s ok. No one knows but us.

We heard about Pep turning down an interview with Carolina for their OC position.

We heard about Demeco turning down the the Vikings interview

Who reports that stuff? Honest curiosity as I don't know.

You care. You wouldn’t have brought it up twice if you didn’t. Even used your fancy font and fancy colors.

It’s ok. No one knows but us.

Is this the part where I say that I'm living rent free in your head? It's pretty roomy in there, but it smells like feet. :neener:

I have to use fancy fonts less the sensitive folks take my sarcasm too seriously. I don't need hurt feelings on my blackened soul.

• Haha
Reactions: JB
Who reports that stuff? Honest curiosity as I don't know.

Is this the part where I say that I'm living rent free in your head? It's pretty roomy in there, but it smells like feet. :neener:

I have to use fancy fonts less the sensitive folks take my sarcasm too seriously. I don't need hurt feelings on my blackened soul.
At least you admit to the blackened soul :splits:

Like I said, I don‘t really know much about the inner workings of a football team, so I take your word on this. I come for it more from a soccer perspective, since that is the sport that is most prevelant here in Germany. Here coaches are usually former players and they usually get their first job as HC of a club in the highest league here. There is a course that most of them take before to get a license, but there are always also the cases of people taking over before having taken the course. If I remember correctly Jurgen Klinsman has never coached and didn‘t have a license when he led the German national team to third place at the World Cup at home in 2006.

But like I said, there is probably a huge difference - if nothing else, the size of the team and coaching staff is way bigger.
Interesting take from Germany. I had a colleague from Germany visiting on a project. Because of the time difference and their popularity, he was a Patriots' fan. Six months in Houston and we frequently went to HS games on Friday, Pee Wee football on Saturdays and Texans games on Sunday. He left Houston a huge Texans fan with Texans gear and a Watson jersey.

Seeing how this franchise has imploded since 2018, I wonder if he curses me in German.

0p
I’m not particularly thrilled about any of the remaining candidates. I will root for whoever they choose.

But I’m going to be skeptical from the get go. Whoever they pick, starts at -1 for me.
I'd still like them to speak to Jerod Mayo...Don't guess it's going to happen. I used to think well perhaps not enough coaching experience...Compared to McCown, not anymore.

It's honestly embarrassing to be part of a fan base that accepts nonsense like McClown. Come on folks. I know the bar is low. But there isn't a cirque du soleil performer limber enough to get under the bar some of you are setting. It's really embarrassing to even read some of these comments. Demand better folks. If we aren't getting filet mignon can we at least ask for a chopped steak. Some of you seem to be happy with dumpster diving for the scraps the rats won't eat. Outright embarrassing.
Do you really think it makes any kind of difference what some type here? People acting like their opinion posted here matters is laughable. No one important to the Texans read these pages and I'm glad for that. Stupidest sh!t ever

I think McCown is a misdirection, so whoever they end up with we will collectively be saying "At least it's not Josh McCown!" lol

That, or nobody else wants the job and they have to go with whatever chump is willing to step into this mess.

It hasn't happened yet because Cal is reluctant to make the hire. Caserio & Janice love some McCown.

Gameboy is the voice of reason in the Texans sea of insanity.

If I had to make a prediction:

I think Gannon is the favorite to land the job. Especially with Flores going scorched Earth on the NFL.

Mccown can take an OC or QB coach position and hopefully we keep Pep as OC and get Munchak to be OL coach!
Would McCowan come to the Texans 4 less than offensive coordinator regardless of the pay?

Interesting take from Germany. I had a colleague from Germany visiting on a project. Because of the time difference and their popularity, he was a Patriots' fan. Six months in Houston and we frequently went to HS games on Friday, Pee Wee football on Saturdays and Texans games on Sunday. He left Houston a huge Texans fan with Texans gear and a Watson jersey.

Seeing how this franchise has imploded since 2018, I wonder if he curses me in German.
Any way we can blame your friend for all this?

Signed Jack Easterby

I'm interested in your ocean front property, however I spent all my money on a beautiful bridge in San Francisco.

:coffee:
Have you thought about following the yellow brick road across your beautiful Bridge in San Francisco to get to his oceanfront property? Not many people have such an opportunity..
If you decide to, I know a guy in Florida who has access to dolphins.

I am thinking of other people reading this.
If we are going to do this banter back and forth the least you could do is come up with new material. The whole “living rent free” thing is old and tired. Same with the Kool Aid. It is meh.

Oh boy talk about insensitive people. Jokers are truly funny around these parts. The Texans end up hiring Flores, man some of these people true colors will standout. The hate will be strong

Last edited:
Back