Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Gameday Thread: Cowboys @ Texans

Erm, excuse me? We're probably going to lose a game - that means its time to throw the team under the bus. You know how it works around here ;)

I'd have taken 2-1 after 3 before the season, for sure.

Exactly. I'm pissed, because it's Dallas and the Texans didn't play worth a **** today. But heck, as it was pointed out, being 3-1 when Cush returns was NOT something I would have predicted. I'll take it.

Hey. if we can get past Oakland, we would be 3-1 without Cush. I think a lot of people would have been thrilled with a 3-1(or 2-2) without Cush.

good point.

but man how sweet it would have been to beat the cowboys.

o well. at least rashad butler did pretty well.

dust yourself off, learn from your mistakes, and try again :logo:

I wish Homo hadn't had the intentional grounding call so Mario would have a sack and these r-tards in the booth would STFU about him being ineffective. He's hit Homo several times, but with these fail corners he doesn't have to hold the ball.

Dunta wasn't good last year. Not really sure why some people now wish we would have made him one of the 5 highest-paid corners in the league. Silly fans.

Exactly. I'm pissed, because it's Dallas and the Texans didn't play worth a **** today. But heck, as it was pointed out, being 3-1 when Cush returns was NOT something I would have predicted. I'll take it.

Don't write off 2-2 just yet. Yeah its oakland, but we looked rather oaklandish on our home turf today. Yeah its only one game, but it wasnt even a competitive one.

Dunta wasn't good last year. Not really sure why some people now wish we would have made him one of the 5 highest-paid corners in the league. Silly fans.

He was absolutely better than anything we've put on the field this season.

I understand not wanting to give up, but it scares me to have our stars in the game right now. Schaub could get hurt for no reason.

The great houston juggernaut powerful offense puts up a whole 6 points......zero touchdowns!!!!!!!!

Letssss gooooooooo

Well for you naysayers, and God knows we have way too facking many. Remember the Saints last year, everyone predicted they would roll the Cowboys at home. Wade Phillips took his team there and blew them away. Did it matter? Nope, the Saints went on to win the Super Bowl. Lets move on, we got beat, lets just believe they learned something from this, and adjust accordingly :)

That Keith Walter guy is pretty good. We should find out how Keith Walter got on the field though. We shouldn't have random people like Keith Walter on the field. It could be dangerous.

Cowgirls radio announcers. :facepalm:

That Keith Walter guy is pretty good. We should find out how Keith Walter got on the field though. We shouldn't have random people like Keith Walter on the field. It could be dangerous.

Cowgirls radio announcers. :facepalm:

Didn't he say keeps Walter? As in the tackle keeps Walter in bounds?

You don't think he was better last year than anybody we've put on the field this year? Really?

So, it is supposition then. You have not seen how he has played this year. Your point is based only on what you saw last year from DR, not from what he has done thus far.

Thank you.

So, it is supposition then. You have not seen how he has played this year. Your point is based only on what you saw last year from DR, not from what he has done thus far.

Thank you.

You're right. We should ignore his past play for the Texans and assume that he would be playing exactly the same as he is playing for a brand new team and system.

And have you seen him play this year? Pray tell, how much worse is he getting burned than our corners?

You're right. We should ignore his past play for the Texans and assume that he would be playing exactly the same as he is playing for a brand new team and system.

And have you seen him play this year? Pray tell, how much worse is he getting burned than our corners?

Hindsight is 20-20.

Hindsight is 20-20.

Sure, I agree. But I think pretty much everybody assumed the secondary would be our weakest spot, and even if you agree that Robinson didn't deserve a huge new contract we could've still held on to him for an extra year and groomed some replacements instead of going with what we have now, in the year that was to be our "playoff push" year.

Sure, I agree. But I think pretty much everybody assumed the secondary would be our weakest spot, and even if you agree that Robinson didn't deserve a huge new contract we could've still held on to him for an extra year and groomed some replacements instead of going with what we have now, in the year that was to be our "playoff push" year.

I'm sure our brass weighed that option, but they have shown that they just don't like running their team like that.

How much does Cush affect our pass D and our Secondary? I wonder if the pass D gets better when he returns?

That said, this is a young secondary. Only way they get better is by getting game day experience. Hopefully they learn from the mistakes of the first three games and are exponentially by the end of the year.

How much does Cush affect our pass D and our Secondary? I wonder if the pass D gets better when he returns?

That said, this is a young secondary. Only way they get better is by getting game day experience. Hopefully they learn from the mistakes of the first three games and are exponentially by the end of the year.

Cush has had to be away from the team during this suspension right? I think that means no practices or being with his team. I don't think that he will help us in the secondary right away, but after a few games he will.

I think one thing we haven't really talked about is the poor play by Wilson. On a couple plays Jackson released the receiver and Wilson missed the assignment.

I would like to have seen Nolan get some game experience in garbage time.

Never like losing, but it's quite not as hard for me to take when your team clearly deserved to lose. Texans fans are so used to watching them find ways to lose they dominated statistically, but this time, yes, this was a loss that was entirely deserved.

Cowboys or not, to me this kind of loss is infinitely easier to take than, say, the Rosencopter game.

Back