Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Gameday Thread: Cowboys @ Texans

GuerillaBlack

Hall of Fame
Game Day! Hopefully our team pulls this one out and starts off 3-0. I can't wait for the game, though. Going to a little get together tomorrow with a bunch of Cowboys fans. Should be fun watching Mario abuse Romo and AJ going lights out on the Cowboys' hobbled secondary.

things im watching for & i think we'll need to win:

-balance on offence. only one franchise record needs to be broken today & thats to get our first ever 3-0. we gave up on the run way too early last week. arian couldve had a 100 yd day if we stuck with it esp late on when we had 2 drives with time & down seven. no qb esp one as important as schaub cant & shouldnt take that sort of beating consistantly

-Special Teams: SUCKED last week bar rackers & pollard. from consistant penalties on jj's good returns (and he had a few crap ones too) to turks terrible coffin corner (and his shitty pooch punt when we were backed up deep on the second to last drive in the 4th q) not even mentioning slaton (who despite his f up) had useles blocking the whole day. molden should help but those guys need to play way better this week

-D Line: we badly need consistant pressure like we had v the colts. they were all anonymous for over 3 quarters in washington. hearing antonio is sick is not a good start

Yea I just hope its a good game. On paper it should be one of the best games this week. Cowboys have their backs against the wall and the Texans can continue their undefeated streak.

Hopefully its a mistake free game where the referees are invisible and allow both teams to play and not dictate a win.

No letdown.

Relentless pressure.

Attack, attack, attack on offense.

4 Quarters.

Win.

4 quarters is key. This is going to be a VERY tough game. The 'boys are desperate and are going to be prepared to battle. We have to play much better then last week. Go Texans Go!

WIN or lose, this team has made me proud!! A new attitude they haven't shown in years past, and a passion that has been passed on to the fans!! They WANT IT, and it's gonna be a blast watching them go out and get it!!!

GOOOOO TEXANS!!!!!:fans:

49864_1239346820_1085_n.jpg

Adrenalin already pumping. Hoping our secondary turns it around today and Mario gets some assistance in the pass rush. Not to worried about our run D, they have looked good when challenged. On offense I expect a few draws to slow down Mr. Ware, and Schaub to cut up the Dallas secondary with the "Fantastic 4". Expect it tight till late. 27 - 10 Houston.

ROCK-N -ROLL HOUSTON

So it's game day! I'm excited, but my optimism is tempered...

The keys to the Cowboys making a game of this will be turnovers... Dallas has 4 turnovers in 2 games, while forcing 0 turnovers in those games... On top of that, as bad as Dallas has polayed for 2 weeks, despite the turnovers, the penalties, etc, if Buehler makes a couple FG's Dallas could easily be 2-0... However, Houston is a much better team than the Bears and Skins, so Dallas' only chance of winning there is to bring their A game... The Texans are good enough to beat Dallas, even if the Cowboys can find their A game, and they'll get blown out if they continue to play the way they have been...

Dallas' defense will have to win this game, and I'm not sure they're currently capable of it... We all know Ware's a beast, Ratliff plays NT at an elite level, and Spencer's better than average too, yet Dallas has a whopping 2 sacks in 2 games, with 0 turnovers... Dallas does have a legitimately good defense, but with those stats, something's seriously wrong here...

I will say this though, a lot of you Texan fans are acting as though the Cowboys are outclassed in terms of talent, but I assure you, a lack of talent is not the issue, a lack of execution is the issue... Don't let the 2-0 vs 0-2 records fool ya, this is a dangerous game for the Texans...

All that said, unfortunately I'm still picking Houston today... Dallas needs to play desperate, but focused... I know they'll bring the desperation, but I don't think this team can muster 60 minutes of focused football, and that's what it's gonna take...

Enjoy the game....

Our Dline wasn't too bad against Washington, Its just the refs absolutely refused to call holding on their OLine till way late in the game. I chalk it up to star power and the league trying to protect one of its old commodities. Hopefully Dallas' reputation for penalties annulls that superstar protection for Romo

Prediction: Texans hold off a 4th quarter rally by Dallas, Texans 31 - Cowgirls 27.

GAMEDAY!! Up early and pumped to be at Reliant today.

Can't wait to get there and soak up the atmosphere.

Even the reception guy at my hotel was pumped up and gagging to get down to the stadium this morning.

Woke up quick, way before noon, just thought that I had to be at Reliant soon. I gotta get drunk before the day begins before Cowboys fans start bitchin about losin. :boogie:

So it's game day! I'm excited, but my optimism is tempered...

The keys to the Cowboys making a game of this will be turnovers... Dallas has 4 turnovers in 2 games, while forcing 0 turnovers in those games... On top of that, as bad as Dallas has polayed for 2 weeks, despite the turnovers, the penalties, etc, if Buehler makes a couple FG's Dallas could easily be 2-0... However, Houston is a much better team than the Bears and Skins, so Dallas' only chance of winning there is to bring their A game... The Texans are good enough to beat Dallas, even if the Cowboys can find their A game, and they'll get blown out if they continue to play the way they have been...

Dallas' defense will have to win this game, and I'm not sure they're currently capable of it... We all know Ware's a beast, Ratliff plays NT at an elite level, and Spencer's better than average too, yet Dallas has a whopping 2 sacks in 2 games, with 0 turnovers... Dallas does have a legitimately good defense, but with those stats, something's seriously wrong here...

I will say this though, a lot of you Texan fans are acting as though the Cowboys are outclassed in terms of talent, but I assure you, a lack of talent is not the issue, a lack of execution is the issue... Don't let the 2-0 vs 0-2 records fool ya, this is a dangerous game for the Texans...

All that said, unfortunately I'm still picking Houston today... Dallas needs to play desperate, but focused... I know they'll bring the desperation, but I don't think this team can muster 60 minutes of focused football, and that's what it's gonna take...

Enjoy the game....

I don't think this is true. A lot of people here have been saying Dallas is a very talented team. They are just not disciplined at all and poorly execute whatever gameplan they had. Not to mention Garrett and Wade are two of the most dumbfounded coaches ever. Their playcalling makes no sense. If they can get all the mistakes fixed and corrected this week and are able to beat the Texans, more power to them. BUT, I highly doubt they get everything together. The Cowboys aren't a focused bunch.

Remember this day, September 26th, 2010, it will be branded into your memory forever.

Today the Texans team has issued the command of "NO QUARTER". No prisoners will be taken in this next step to greatness.

Biggest win for the Texans fanbase in our short history, just another notch in the Texans journey to the playoffs!

Someone made a great posting yesterday with RIP to Dallas. I was unable to find it this morning, but it inspired this. Let me know who you are so you can get credit, and I can rep ya please :)

rip.jpg

Nice to see the betting lines:

Texans favored to win

Jags favored to lose

Tacks favored to lose

Colts favored to win by only 5 1/2.......stuff happens

Oh, and did I mention, the Girls favored to lose!:splits:

Can't help, but I don't feel too confident about this game. This might be because of the history of letdowns by this team. That said, I hope we trounce them. Go Texans!!

On ESPN they were showing Mario walking inside Reliant to the Locker room in what I thought was restricted area, he passed by some fans just hanging out. Is there a fan area that has access to those areas?

Can't help, but I don't feel too confident about this game. This might be because of the history of letdowns by this team. That said, I hope we trounce them. Go Texans!!

Same here. Also, the media hype feels like it's deliberately trying to set me up for disappointment.

Had a tough week at school with midterms and stuff, hopefully the Texans can lighten my spirits with a stomping on the Cowgirls.

On ESPN they were showing Mario walking inside Reliant to the Locker room in what I thought was restricted area, he passed by some fans just hanging out. Is there a fan area that has access to those areas?

Same here. Also, the media hype feels like it's deliberately trying to set me up for disappointment.

Comes with the constant losing from past seasons. When the Texans actually come through this afternoon, it'll make the win feel all the more better.

dalsux.gif

Irving hit the nail on the head on the NFL Network.. problem with the Cowboys is that they are trying to spread the offense around too much.. Choice shouldn't even be playing and isn't a player that could start for any other team. The cowboys don't have a monster much less a three headed monster at RB.. same with receivers, there needs to be a go to guy and then the other players need to fight for scraps

Warren Sapp said the Texans have to fight overconfidence right now

2-0 versus 0-2 plus the fact that the tune up preseason game, the Texans whipped the Cowboys butt

dalsux.gif

Irving hit the nail on the head on the NFL Network.. problem with the Cowboys is that they are trying to spread the offense around too much.. Choice shouldn't even be playing and isn't a player that could start for any other team. The cowboys don't have a monster much less a three headed monster at RB.. same with receivers, there needs to be a go to guy and then the other players need to fight for scraps

As it stands, they will ALL be fighting for scraps.

dalsux.gif

Well the reason for Choice getting carries is because of his rookie year he dominated the Ravens, Giants and Steelers defenses when no one else around the league could. And to be honest I do think Choice is the better of the backs. But the problem for Choice is he's the cheapest one.

As far as the receivers go Miles Austin has 20 catches to lead the league with 288 yards. I think its quite clear who's the #1 receiver in Dallas. But I do agree in regards to the running backs they do need to get more consistency back there. Barber and Felix should get 30 carries a game.

The ribs are ready. Started cooking them at 2:00 AM last night. Some Tater Salad, homemade onion rings, corn on the cob, and homemade bread. :good:

Big game tody! For the Cowboys it`s basically their last chance to turn that season around and maybe make a push for the superbowl in Dallas. Will they play anxious and scared or determined to take their last chance?

For Houston it`s game 3 after 2 statement games - most guys will probably still feel good about the season if they loose this game. Now it`s time to show that killer instinct and not letting up one bit, even though they are in a pretty comfortable situation.

It´ll be interesting to see them without Brown against Ware - hopefully Schaub won`t hit the turf too often.

Just looked a yahoo and the game is topping the Google seaches right now. I don't think I've ever seen an NFL game top the search list. :fans:

Back