Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Game. Day. Thread. Texans @ Jaguars

Still can't believe that happened. 2 games that we should have won. We could be 6-3 instead of 4-5 right now. !@#$

That was a lucky play, BUT I was always coached to punch the ball or hit it out of bounds or as far away as you could and NOT right to the opposing receiver!

:wadepalm:

This wouldn't have been an "amazing" interception, it would have been a routine catch.

Exactly. Quin would have caught it and been tackled almost immediately. Overtime and it would have been anyone's game. Instead, typical Texans mistake and we lose our third straight game. Pathetic.

That was a lucky play, BUT I was always coached to punch the ball or hit it out of bounds or as far away as you could and NOT right to the opposing receiver!

:wadepalm:

Jesus Christ. Watch it again. He DID knock it far away, and it wasn't right TO the receiver. You think he's jumping up there thinking "Hmm....maybe I should knock it right to..THAT guy!" The guy was surprised he caught it.

Jesus Christ. Watch it again. He DID knock it far away, and it wasn't right TO the receiver. You think he's jumping up there thinking "Hmm....maybe I should knock it right to..THAT guy!" The guy was surprised he caught it.

You're flat out delusional. He did not knock it out of play, he knocked it right back into play!

That is the problem, though. You punch or bat it, you do not have total control of exactly where it goes. You secure it yourself, and game over.

This wouldn't have been an "amazing" interception, it would have been a routine catch.

since when is a catching a pass a routine thing for a db? They are db's & not WR's for a reason. He did what he was supose to do...just horrible luck that it went right to a jag WR.

He was surprised at the dumb ass play.

"Did that scrub actually just bat the ball right to me?! Score!"

Texans and hail mary are both trending topics on twitter. The entire country is laughing at our misery right now. Course, they've been laughing at us for 9 years now.

Sometimes it's not the best thing to do, what you're coached to do. Sometimes it's better to make the play that's fitting for the moment. Not a boneheaded one... Troy Polamalu doesn't make a play like that.

At least this week should quiet the Fire Kubiak soapers!

Thank God!

How do you figure?

Was it the brilliant game planning you saw this week, against a team that nobody considers an NFL powerhouse? The coaching scheme that covered up deficiencies in talent, among the players picked by the exact same coach you're defending? I didn't see anything like that. What I did see was a ridiculous first half, capped with an extremely ridiculous hurry-up drive apparently designed to run out the clock(!?!). Then I saw the second half start strong, only to be wrecked by more boneheaded mistakes than I've seen since...since...well, last Sunday.

This won't quiet them. This just dumped gas on the fire. Rightly so.

since when is a catching a pass a routine thing for a db? They are db's & not WR's for a reason. He did what he was supose to do...just horrible luck that it went right to a jag WR.

I agree that it was likely what he was coached to do. I'm saying that coaching someone to play it that way in every instance is wrong. When it hits you right in the middle of the chest, you catch it.

Our last possession and what followed is beyond belief. Why did we throw that last pass to Driessen in the middle of the field? Incredibly stupid play.

I agree that it was likely what he was coached to do. I'm saying that coaching someone to play it that way in every instance is wrong. When it hits you right in the middle of the chest, you catch it.

Dude............there is nothing routine about catching a hail mary for anyone much less a db. I have absolutely no doubt that he likely doesn't catch the ball clean & if he is bumped or hit, the ball goes flopping around in the air & its anybody ball at that point. Can you imagine how much more you'd be ticked if he tried to do that & the same result happened?

Then everyone would be saying "typical of a poorly coached team..they don't do what they're coached to do etc...".

Crazy freak **** happens to poorly coached shitty teams.

I like Kubiak, but if I have learned anything in years of spectating this sport, this is it.

These guys, on defense, are undisciplined, lacking fundamentals, and suffer too many mental breakdowns in coverage. I can't remember any well-coached teams suffer these things, even when injuries forced them to trot out backups at positions other than QB (see Pats and Colts).

I think Kubiak's biggest mistake this season, was wanting the big play threat that Jacoby Jones brings to the offense so much, that he undervalued the worth of the consistent hands Kevin Walter and David Anderson bring to the game. A receiver's primary job is to catch the ball. What happens after the catch is a nice bonus. Minimizing Jacoby's role has brought the passing game back to life. But it may be too late to save the season.

I agree with this actually. That doesn't happen 99 times out of 100.

That's why people just need to shut up and accept how unlucky we are. It's not Kubiak's fault, it's not Quin's fault, it's not any of that. We (Antonio Smith) makes some boneheaded mistakes, gives them extra yardage to launch the bomb, and of course it happens.

Dude............there is nothing routine about catching a hail mary for anyone much less a db. I have absolutely no doubt that he likely doesn't catch the ball clean & if he is bumped or hit, the ball goes flopping around in the air & its anybody ball at that point. Can you imagine how ticked you'd be if he tried to do that & the same result happened?

Then everyone would be saying "typical of a poorly coached team..they don't do what they're coached to do etc...".

FWIW, Bill Cowher's take is that you knock it down when offensive players are around you. In this case, he said you catch it, since the opportunity was clear.

Dude............there is nothing routine about catching a hail mary for anyone much less a db. I have absolutely no doubt that he likely doesn't catch the ball clean & if he is bumped or hit, the ball goes flopping around in the air & its anybody ball at that point. Can you imagine how ticked you'd be if he tried to do that & the same result happened?

I didn't say it was "routine."

I'm not pissed at Quin, he likely did what he was told to do.

I'm more pissed at Antonio Smith, with an inexcusable penalty, and the pathetic, half-assed drive that the Texans put together at the end. The lack of urgency from the offense in saving time on the clock is inexcusable.

Lucky break for the Jags. Nothing more. The Texans made some big mistakes (as usual) but I feel bad for the players and coaches. It's going to be really tough moving on from this loss.

fwiw, bill cowher's take is that you knock it down when offensive players are around you. In this case, he said you catch it, since the opportunity was clear.

Exactly! Do the damn thing that gets you the right results! Make a play for your team, not the other team! Knock the sh!t sideways, out of bounds, not back in to the play. I mean, how stupid do you have to be. He was way to deep in the endzone to bat it back like that.

LOL

Jags tried to give the game away.

But the Texans were more determined to give the game away.

Thanks for nothing Texans.

FWIW, Bill Cowher's take is that you knock it down when offensive players are around you. In this case, he said you catch it, since the opportunity was clear.

I agree with that. DBs aren't going to get many easier catches than that one.

There were offensive players all around him; hence the completion and touchdown. I just can't blame Quinn for this. Bad luck at the worst possible time. Typical for Houston sports. We lost the game in the first half. We rarely play well in the first half of games this year. We rarely showed up for the second half of games last year. I am tired of mediocrity and it is time for a change.

I agree with that. DBs aren't going to get many easier catches than that one.

Pollard had an easier pass to catch for an int earlier in the game & he dropped it. Quinn had an easier 1 to catch in the 1st colts game & he dropped it. What makes you think that Quinn would've been able to make that "easier" catch?; one coming with more force & more people around him? & respect cowher's opinion & knowledge of the game, but it is what it is....

There were offensive players all around him; hence the completion and touchdown. I just can't blame Quinn for this. Bad luck at the worst possible time. Typical for Houston sports. We lost the game in the first half. We rarely play well in the first half of games this year. We rarely showed up for the second half of games last year. I am tired of mediocrity and it is time for a change.

Cowher apparently thinks other wise. Quinn didn't look surrounded by Jags to me either.

I don't think Quinn is to blame for this loss. There were key breakdowns throughout the last 2 game drives by both offense and defense. Kubiak has the offense pretty sharp, but for a chop block by Smith, the Texans were in field goal range on a pass completion. Then that is shortly followed by the fumble. Tough breaks.

The defense is another story entirely. Wade Smith anyone?

Pollard had an easier pass to catch for an int earlier in the game & he dropped it. Quinn had an easier 1 to catch in the 1st colts game & he dropped it.

And neither resulted in a catch for the other team. If he does drop it on the final play, the chance of a Jaguar catching it is extremely small. It is about as likely as what actually happened. Bottom line: STEP UP AND MAKE A WINNING PLAY. Have the confidence to make the catch.

They're all dumb. I've never seen a team filled with so many guys who don't seem to have any football instincts whatsoever. I mean, that Zach Miller TD, WTF was quinn looking at?

Eli Manning and Seji Ajirotutu have both commented that the Texans defense is not sound and that the DBs peek inside at the QB too much. Quinn wasn't reading the actions of the receivers properly. I still don't see how he didn't know to take the outside receiver...

Back