Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Game. Day. Thread. Texans @ Jaguars

Tarp does not = people, Jacksonville.​

It's pushing Midnight here in Rosharon, TX. My girl is sleeping her ass off, hibernating like a bear. That means it's late as hell. So while her sexy ass sleeps, I'll make a game thread and keep y'all entertained. It's also Saturday night which means:

TEXANS are only HOURS AWAY!!!

Man let's go boys. We got some unfinished business to take care of. These Jags probably think they run us. We gotta put a stop to it.

Things I'd like to see:

-Running the ball with wreckless abandon...wait, wait, wait. Did I say abandon? Dammit, Gary might hear me and stop running it.
-Bring the boot(leg) back
-Get gangsta on defense

2wd0wvc.jpg

Let's get it, Texans!

(bulls on parade time!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP2gtiF4uxU

Score prediction?

Texans 88
Jaguars 86 F/OT

Mario Williams sacks Garrard in end zone after David says "yo mama" about something, setting Mario off into a rage.

im surprised at how calm & confident i am about this game considering its a must win on the road against a decent team. i just know that, barring injury, we'll have a W come days end and be semi-back on track (facing another must win and biggest game in franchise history v the jets!)

im surprised at how calm & confident i am about this game considering its a must win on the road against a decent team. i just know that, barring injury, we'll have a W come days end and be semi-back on track (facing another must win and biggest game in franchise history v the jets!)

lol @ this board if we win the next 2. Hookem Horns is going to have to create a new site. 6-4 with the Titans looming? :evil:

one game at a time though...lets go Texans!:doot::bat:

THe jags pass D sucks about has much has ours

Dont expect a heavyyy heavyy run game prob more of a balance attack

and we all know kubes is not scared to air out the ball

Score prediction?

Texans 88
Jaguars 86 F/OT

Mario Williams sacks Garrard in end zone after David says "yo mama" about something, setting Mario off into a rage.

Hmm...that Mario we haven't seen for a few games.

I'm pretty confident of a win in this game though, despite the previous outings.

Come on Houston!

I'm quietly terrified of this game.

I can't name any receiver on the Jacksonville team and you all know what happens to no names against the Texans..... they become stars.

Apart from that, I'm ready for some huge Foster runs and Leach cracking heads.

Lets Go Texans!

It's 5 30 here on the west coast and I am going to take a nap and wake up to see if they have a link to the game, lets hope they do because if not I have to listen to it which is not the same!

I'm quietly terrified of this game.

I can't name any receiver on the Jacksonville team and you all know what happens to no names against the Texans..... they become stars.

Apart from that, I'm ready for some huge Foster runs and Leach cracking heads.

Where will we find NO-NAME in Jacksonville?

no-name.jpg

noImageAvailableBig.gif

.............YET.

I dont' care who what when how, just win.. another big game for the Texans, a loss here and we'll be at home for the playoffs..

:barman:

oh goody homefeild advantage

We are going into Jacksonville with a new outlook, Matt call the game as you see it, forget the mike in the helmet, Defense go with the gut and do not listen to the coach on the side lines, WIN THIS GAME

rep to ThaShark316 for a good way to open this thread.

OK, Texans, do your stuff and prove all us doubters wrong. Kill da kittens today for us.

Against common opponents

Cowboys
we allowed 285 passing yards, they allowed 365
we allowed 101 yards rushing, they allowed 50
we allowed 27 points, they allowed 17 points.

They won, we lost.

Chiefs
we allowed 189 passing, 228 rushing, 31 points
they allowed 190 passing, 236 rushing, 42 points

They lost, we won.

Chargers
we allowed 290 passing 77 rushing 29 points
They allowed 326 passing 151 rushing 38 points

In the wins against the Colts
we allowed 419 passing 44 rushing 24 points
they allowed 348 passing 58 rushing 28 points

Over the last 3 weeks
we allowed 221 passing 137 rushing 30 points
They allowed 242 passing 146 rushing 30 points

It's anybody's game.

Okay Texans, I am out of pot and I do not want to resort to beating children to take out my frustrations that I've had the past 3 Sundays/Monday. Do not **** this up.

I'm not even gonna get my hopes up for this game, because of the way the team has been playing lately. I'm just gonna watch, and see what happens. :kitten:

Gameday, and I'm totally relaxed. No "biggest game in history" talk. No worry about keeping a short win streak alive. Ahhh, yes...must be November.

That means we're only a couple of weeks away from a brief conversation about the "hot seat" for certain usual suspects on the coaching staff, which quietly melts away after an excellent wrap-up to the season which includes a win streak and much national talk about "next year being the year for the Texans."

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Except...

THIS year, because of the schedule adjustments involving division games, a late-season win streak can rocket a team right back into December contention if they haven't totally screwed up going into that last month of the season. The Texans took a hot start and turned it into a mess, once again losing to the worst team in football (sort of a Texans tradition). But it ain't over yet. Come out with a win today and this team's still got a decent shot.

Lay an egg, and we're right where we seem to be every other November. And if that happens, I hope somebody's fueling McNair's private jet and getting some conversations-that-aren't-really-happening started with a few guys who are new head coach candidates.

If you can't beat the Jags when you're against the wall, you're legitimately 4th in the division. And if you're 4th in the division after this many years, you should be unemployed.

Okay Texans, I am out of pot and I do not want to resort to beating children to take out my frustrations that I've had the past 3 Sundays/Monday. Do not **** this up.
Can someone please hook b0ng up with some smoke? Don't do it for him. Do it for the children.

The Texans/Jags game over/under line is only 49 1/2 at the Mirage. WTH are they thinking? We should see that by halftime.

Especially with Aaron Kampmann being out. Alualu has been doing a hell of a lot better than I thought he was this season, but that D-line lost it's best player by far.

The over/under should at least be in the 50's.

is anybody else here happy we got Gus Johnson for our game today? I love listening to him call a game, and it seems like we do a lot better (for some unexplained reason) when he's broadcasting our games.

is anybody else here happy we got Gus Johnson for our game today? I love listening to him call a game, and it seems like we do a lot better (for some unexplained reason) when he's broadcasting our games.
The problem is that Gus Johnson brings Steve Tasker along for the ride. Is there an announcer who hates Houston more than Steve Tasker? The over under on calling the Texans the "Oilers" is 3.

Can someone please hook b0ng up with some smoke? Don't do it for him. Do it for the children.

emot-350.gif

Lucky said:
The problem is that Gus Johnson brings Steve Tasker along for the ride. Is there an announcer who hates Houston more than Steve Tasker? The over under on calling the Texans the "Oilers" is 3.

I'd have to say Phil Simms or Randy Cross would both be broadcasters I'd prefer Tasker over. There aren't many but they do exist.

Lucky said:
The weather is perfect. I'd start every Texan and Jaguar I had on my fantasy team.

Unfortunately, I have no Texans or Jaguars on my fantasy team.

Mike Thomas, the hottest Jaguar pick-up in fantasy this week.

There's a comfort level when you can turn from Madden 11 to live TV.

I'm somewhat confident about this game. And I haven't felt confident about a game since the loss vs. the Giants. I say we win this one.

I will have to record the game. My niece turned 16 and wants me to take her to the Wizard Con.I will have my portable radio and listen on 98.9 FM.

Please. He's not biased. None of them are. I'm sure that if Tasker would've been in the booth for that not-called push-off by Roddy White on Thursday night that led to an Atlanta win, he would have been every bit as critical of Atlanta as he was of AJ and Houston. (And Peter King's next MMQB column will include a line like "Sorry, Baltimore, an official decided that game.")

:sarcasm:

Here's a weird stat. David Carr was 6-3 versus the Jags as the Texans starting QB. Matt Schaub has never defeated the Jags in 4 attempts.

That's not right. That has to change.

I predict that the Texans and Jags will play some semblance of a football game today. Not only that, I predict one of those two teams will win.

Back