Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Game Day: Texans vs Ravens - Divisional Playoff Round

Wait...folks are actually putting it on Stroud? Sorry but that is quite the stretch. This is a team game. No matter how much the media loves to build up the quarterback position no one is winning or doing much without their teammates doing their job at least to some sort of halfway efficiency.

Where in this game did anyone see that? The offensive line is where it starts and Stroud was pressured nearly every time he stepped back to pass. Now not only do you have pressure on your QB because your line isn't blocking but you have zero run game so the defense isn't even thinking about it at this point. To add to it you have one receiver because your other two deep threats (Dell, Brown) are out injured meaning after Nico the next best receiver is an aging Woods who is nothing but a possession receiver at best because he gets zero separation.

But somehow with this Stroud was supposed to do amazing things and against an elite defense?

Wait...folks are actually putting it on Stroud? Sorry but that is quite the stretch. This is a team game. No matter how much the media loves to build up the quarterback position no one is winning or doing much without their teammates doing their job at least to some sort of halfway efficiency.

Where in this game did anyone see that? The offensive line is where it starts and Stroud was pressured nearly every time he stepped back to pass. Now not only do you have pressure on your QB because your line isn't blocking but you have zero run game so the defense isn't even thinking about it at this point. To add to it you have one receiver because your other two deep threats (Dell, Brown) are out injured meaning after Nico the next best receiver is an aging Woods who is nothing but a possession receiver at best because he gets zero separation.

But somehow with this Stroud was supposed to do amazing things and against an elite defense?
Bingo

So you expected the blow out

"DEMECO BUILT THIS TEAM IN A CAVE! OUT OF A BOX OF SCRAPS THAT CASERIO HANDED HIM!"

If you believe that you haven’t been paying attention to the Texans.

Demeco did a great job this yea this isn’t to take away from anything he accomplished. And Caserio did a great job this year too. Caserio had a good roster put together, made the necessary trades, and worked the waiver wire for players to fill in hopes for Demeco to get to the divisional round playoff game.

So you expected the blow out

If taking off the fandom glasses I didn't really expect us to win this game. They were the better team. They were the number one seed for a reason and one of the best offenses/defenses in the league and at home. I expected a better show of effort from the team.

Stroud did nothing out of the usual that he does. He played a clean game, tried to take what the defense gave and didn't turn the ball over. What changed is that offensive line got beat consistently...that's the key word...consistently. It wasn't a play here and there. It was all darn game long. It was reminiscent to the beginning of the season when we all thought we were in for the usual season. They reshuffled some things and put a band aid on things and we got better. You don't play solid in the trenches you aren't going to do much and today they weren't even mediocre. They were utterly manhandled. Add that he lacked receiving targets to beat the pressure and you get what we did.

Well that and some weird play calls like double flea flickers while in field goal range...

It was fun while it lasted but the season is now over. Once the Ravens found a way to run the ball with players besides LJ scrambling it was a rout.

That is two of the last three games this run defense got demolished. Luckily against the Colts, Taylor got banged up to help slow that down. But the stats lie. This run defense needs help. When teams commit to running the ball, it tends to work out for them. Even the Panthers got going on their drive to end the game earlier in the season to put the Texans away.

Offense was clearly overmatched and the conditions helped take away the deep ball that was CJ’s bread and butter all season. But that is going to be expected when playoff football time comes. Have to get the horses around him to produce despite it all. Find that dynamic RB. Find that OL that doesn’t get pantsed and have him running for his life. Get difference makers!
For me when it comes to the offense we saw some big pass plays when we started to pick up the tempo and Slowik wasn't consistent in sticking with what was working.

The score and stats will say we got whooped but at least we were in it at half time. It could be worse, try being a Cowboys fan. Also defensively it looks like we made the wrong adjustments in the second half and probably should have continued with what has working when our defense seemed to have a ton of momentum.

At the end of the day we just have a lot of work to do from coaching better all the way to fixing issues with some of the talent on this team. We also had key injuries throughout the season and it is hard to build cohesion that way! The sky is not falling, we are soaring to new levels and it just seems like it is. Prior to this season I felt we were a lot further away from the promised land than we are now but I am thrilled because I have hope. More than I expected I would have this soon. As Texans fans this is not the beginning of the end but a new beginning with a lot to be happy about going forward!

Last edited:
Love you all. You've been very hospitable to a complete stranger and direct competition in myself. I'll go silent for a while but wanted to say thank you and that I'm indeed here for the long haul if you allow. Your team will dominate in years to come.
The better team won. Went about how I thought it would. If the Texans were healthier, the outcome would've been better.

If you believe that you haven’t been paying attention to the Texans.

Demeco did a great job this yea this isn’t to take away from anything he accomplished. And Caserio did a great job this year too. Caserio had a good roster put together, made the necessary trades, and worked the waiver wire for players to fill in hopes for Demeco to get to the divisional round playoff game.

I was kidding

There was the little issue of a superior opponent in the equation also...
There was also the issue of key injuries throughout the season and inexperience all around on our team going up against a lot more experience all around on the Ravens. What was LJ8's and the Ravens playoff record since he has been the starting Qb? They had better seasons than us and still struggled during the playoffs. Our time is coming sooner than later, I truly believe that. These Ravens have been a long time in the making. Rome wasn't built in a season and neither was the Ravens and neither will we be!

I posted this way back when it happened. Never saw anyone beef about it. It was a got damn first down. Singletary never touched the ground. He even told the ref “I didn’t touch the ground” no clue why that wasn’t challenged!?!
That was weird to me too and then the next run had a bad spot also. Well, the super bowl logo conspiracy continues if the ravens make it all the way this year lol

Last edited:
I don't know.... maybe I could have negatived harder.

I did detect a few positive vibes from you. You didn't even bring up NRG and the Astro dome being on an Indian burial ground. With play like that I'm afraid we are going to have to trade you. We're hoping to get one of the Giants fans, now there is a fan base that has learned how to be negative about everything.

He wasn't bad, wasn't great. Just there. Doesn't really matter honestly. When your team constantly does things presnap to set you back, or drops passes, or he himself sails the few opportunities we were able to scrounge together, then whatever. Can't do anything about it but not do those things. Never make a difficult job even harder. Bad enough the team is still hurt, bad enough the team doesn't have experience, bad enough his top option hasn't been there, the job doesn't have to be made more difficult by blowing all the ******* fundamentals.

He wasn't bad, wasn't great. Just there. Doesn't really matter honestly. When your team constantly does things presnap to set you back, or drops passes, or he himself sails the few opportunities we were able to scrounge together, then whatever. Can't do anything about it but not do those things. Never make a difficult job even harder. Bad enough the team is still hurt, bad enough the team doesn't have experience, bad enough his top option hasn't been there, the job doesn't have to be made more difficult by blowing all the ******* fundamentals.
How many Super Bowls has LJ8 and the Ravens won since he has been there? How much experience
does that team have from coaches all the way to players? How has their injury situation been compared to ours?

The Ravens had a lot more going for them compared to what we had going for us coming into this game!

Last edited:
One positive tho the whole team got smashed all 3 phases so has a,collective no one person can take blame

Also no one got a serious injury

In a few weeks we will forget about this and move on to the draft and off-season
I will be looking forward to more football soon. UFL and the Houston Roughnecks! It is far from being the USFL of the 80's or anywhere close to the NFL but it will do!

How many Super Bowls has LJ8 and the Ravens won since he has been there? How much experience
does that team have from coaches all the way to players? How has their injury situation been compared to ours?

The Ravens had a lot more going for them compared to what we had going for us coming into this game!

Yup.

being no1 seed does have its perks u basically get to rest for 3 weeks starting from the end of wk16 to now and the first game back is a home div round game ...win and your 1 game away from superbowl

i dont even think the oilers never been no1 seed

They played a bad game against a top shelf team. It was a chance to measure up talent wise. They need Green to come back and take the same steps Harris and Stingley took. They need more talent period, plain and simple. Its ok to me, they have some building to do like most teams. Anyone remember Buffalo?

CJ did what he could yesterday. So did Demeco.

We outplayed them in the first half.

But there was no running game, no out ball against their pressure and far too many penalties. Defense didn't, or couldn't, adjust to Baltimore in the second half. No help from the offence going 3 and out.

The inquest begins with the OC. To be fair though, I think Baltimore will win the SB.

But plenty to feel optimistic about, despite the disappointment of this defeat.

Are you saying Nico isn't a 1

No, i’m saying those three are not enough against the Ravens on the road in windy conditions. Today they would have been better off going max protect and just letting Stroud buy time until Nico came open all game.Which sounds ridiculous because it is…

Need Tank back, need a difference maker at RB, need another WR who can get separation quickly and consistently.

And on top of that need an OL that doesn’t get pantsed repeatedly by an elite defense. Look at how the Packers OL fared against SF’s front. Much more respectable.

I am certainly pulling for the Ravens if they end up playing the Chiefs. Do you really want to see any more of Mahomes awful family, Travis Kelce, or the freakshow that follows them around with Taylor Swift in the picture?

Yeah, f’ck that sh!t. I want the Ravens to destroy that Swifty sh!t show.

Back