Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Game Day: Texans vs Ravens - Divisional Playoff Round

Texansballer74

The Marine

The Baltimore Ravens will host the Houston Texans in the Divisional Round of the 2024 NFL Playoffs on Saturday. The Ravens (13-3) won the AFC North and went on to clinch the top seed in the AFC playoff bracket. On the opposite side, Houston went 10-7 and won the AFC South in the first year of the DeMeco Ryans' tenure. These teams squared off in Week 1, when Baltimore won 25-9.

200w.gif

Obviously I hope my team can pull it out, but to all the respectable Ravens fans who’ve been on the board the past week, let’s hope we get a good game & may the best team win.

To All the others who’ve been disrespectful on our board…enough with the chirping, let’s get to it…& y’all can f$&@ all the way off too while u at it.

Nothing in the regular season matters at this point. Last week matters not as well. Sixty minutes of who makes the least amount of mistakes and which team executes the best. I hope we can make Lamar uncomfortable all game, tag him early and often. We have seen Stroud be able to take hits, now let’s see about Lamar.

I do not think theTexans will win. I believe they can. I hope they do. Every game before today I've been able to purge my expectations & just enjoy the game. I'm having a hard time doing that today.

The betting man in me says go with the Ravens. But I’ve watched football long enough to know anything can happen. Just look at last week (Cowboys and Eagles) or even the Texans blowing out the Browns. You just never know.

Just getting to the playoffs in CJ and Meco’s 1st year has been amazing. To get them to where this franchise has never been in that 1st year? F*** it!! Let’s do this!!!

Lots of excitement and anxiety, but happy to be in this position. I didn't expect to have a divisional round game thread this season, yet here we are! This is playoff football. If we want to get to the top of the mountain, we need to be able to compete with and beat teams like the Ravens/Chiefs/Bills etc. It won't be easy, but we are capable. Let's go!

I know some do not care about spreads and betting lines etc - only care about winning or losing. But for those that do.....

---------------------------------------------------

There's a few trends that point to the Ravens in this matchup. One is a playoff team (Texans) with 40-burger win one week is likely not going to cover the spread the following week. Those teams are something like 1-12 ATS since 2000 according my source. Some were even favored the next week and lost outright. However, I don't think there have ever been any instances of a team throwing up a 40-burger win followed by being 9½ pt (or greater) dogs the next week. There are two such teams this week - the Texans and the Packers. Perhaps someone with better query abilities than I can verify or refute this....

From walterfootball.com:
  • John Harbaugh is 14-2 SU (straight up) at home vs. rookie quarterbacks.
  • Lamar Jackson is 10-19 ATS (against the spread) as a home favorite of 3.5+, not counting Week 1.
----------------------------------------------------

At any rate, I find it hard to bet against CJ and would probably pass on this game if I were in Las Vegas. Perhaps a small amount on the Texans to win outright (+350) but that has a very good chance to be money + gasoline + match....

Last edited:
I know some do not care about spreads and betting lines etc - only care about winning or losing. But for those that do.....

There's a few trends that point to the Ravens in this matchup. One is a playoff team (Texans) with 40-burger win one week is likely not going to cover the spread the following week. Those teams are something like 1-12 ATS since 2000 according my source. Some were even favored the next week and lost outright. However, I don't think there have ever been any instances of a team throwing up a 40-burger win followed by being 9½ pt (or greater) dogs the next week. There are two such teams this week - the Texans and the Packers. Perhaps someone with better query abilities than I can verify or refute this....

From walterfootball.com:
  • John Harbaugh is 14-2 SU (straight up) at home vs. rookie quarterbacks.
  • Lamar Jackson is 10-19 ATS (against the spread) as a home favorite of 3.5+, not counting Week 1.
----------------------------------------------------

At any rate, I find it hard to bet against CJ and would probably pass on this game if I were in Las Vegas. Perhaps a small amount on the Texans to win outright (+350) but that has a very good chance to be money + gasoline + match....
I heard 70% of the money has been coming in on the Texans side, & 55% on Greenbay.

If that's the case, wouldn't Vegas lose big if those teams don't cover?

I heard 70% of the money has been coming in on the Texans side, & 55% on Greenbay.

If that's the case, wouldn't Vegas lose big if those teams don't cover?

Well, check your source. Sometimes the percentages are off. For example, Walterfootball has Texans with 62% and the Niners with 56%. So, who do you believe, ya know?

Vegas can and does lose big all the time on the sides but if you throw in all the prop bets, totals and etc.... yeah, they always win.

Pressure should be all on Ravens. Can you imagine fan/player/ownership reaction if the Ravens lose? If Houston loses, Texans should have a greater reception than the Oilers did two years in a row after they failed in Pittsburgh. Even if they lose, the players, fans and ownership will still be ecstatic.
Personally, I am extremely blase about the whole thing at least until the kickoff and then I will go absolutely nuts!

Obviously I hope my team can pull it out, but to all the respectable Ravens fans who’ve been on the board the past week, let’s hope we get a good game & may the best team win.

To All the others who’ve been disrespectful on our board…enough with the chirping, let’s get to it…& y’all can f$&@ all the way off too while u at it.
Let’s also hope no one on either team suffers a major injury in this weather. And no impact by seriously bad calls by the officials.

Let ‘em play!

Let’s also hope no one on either team suffers a major injury in this weather. And no impact by seriously bad calls by the officials.

Let ‘em play!

We’re getting Hussey and his henchmen. They love tossing the yellow hankies and usually for the home team, home teams are 12-3-1 this year against the line when Hussey works…..

Last edited:
I want to pick the Texans. They are on a roll, destroyed the brown stains last week, and CJ and Slowik will give them a punchers chance.

I want to pick our guys, but logic dictates I pick the dirty birdies today. I think the weather favors the Ravens, playing at home definitely favors the Ravens, etc. ravens first in scoring defense, first in takeaways, first in sacks. They are third in scoring offense, and very high if not first in scoring differential. They are sound on both sides of the ball, and extremely well coached by Harbaugh and staff…and they are experienced.

I think the Texans have a shot, but they need to win the turnover margin and TOP. To do that, they will need to conjure up a running game. Passing, especially mid-deep is going to be tough, albeit not impossible, and I’d still try a couple of deep shots.

all in all, this game favored the Ravens, but I will be rooting my ass off for Our guys to shock the world. I see something relatively low scoring…

Ravens 20 Texans 17 in a close game.

So I'm hearing the weather is against us, the match ups are against us, and the referees are against us... Referee John Hussey is the biggest homer ref around with home teams 13-3 in his games this season. In addition his crew is the most penalty happy of all in the league assessing over 1700 yds in penalties in 16 games.

We truly have absolutely no shot at all.

Go Texans!

Back