Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Game Day: Texans vs Ravens - Divisional Playoff Round

Stroud got humbled, I wouldnt say punked. While it sucks as a fan for tge moment.

Its how he reacts to it that matters. If handled correctly... it could be a very good thing in the long run... that simply sucks today.

As for supporting cast, I didn't believe they were amazing. Simply elevated by the one at QB. He needs help

With Stroud, you can’t have too many playmaking wide receivers. Just Nico ain’t gonna cut it. Getting Tank Dell back ain’t gonna cut it. Everyone else in that receiver room needs to go.

That was weird to me too and then the next run had a bad spot also. Well, the super bowl logo conspiracy continues if the ravens make it all the way this year lol
I don't buy into the conspiracy theories regardless. The Ravens and 49ers have been two of the best teams in the NFL all season long yet it is the Ravens who have dominated longer than the 49ers. While the 49ers struggled to beat a 7th seed Green Bay Packers in the divisional round of the playoffs, it could be argued we had a better Cinderella story and if the games were fixed it would have been better for the NFL as a whole had our game been at least a bit more competitive. The Dallas Cowboys would have won at least won one more title since their last one if games and seasons were fixed. Also if the games were fixed a lot more games would align with the point spreads than those that don't end up that way. There are some games that seem fixed and it is understandable the suspicion but I just think that there is too much that has to go into these games to outright fix them.

I do know that basketball had point shaving incidents in the past and that sport is a lot more questionable than football. I guess it could be possible that big time football could be rigged but until there is point blank straight on evidence of it all we can do is hope it doesn't exist and keep rooting for our teams.

I was reading elsewhere on this board that since seeding in 1975 there have been less than 30% of top seeds meeting in the Super Bowl. I would think that if games were rigged it would end up being a lot higher than that.

Also, if games were rigged why has it been Tom Brady and the Patriots who dominated the better share of 20 years? Why was Tom Brady and Belichick the chosen dynastic duo? There are too many other coaches, players, cities and teams that would seem to have been a better choice for a run of such success. How about the current LA teams being one of the next Dynasties or one of the NY teams? Why have the Chiefs now been chosen to carry the torch? I just don't buy into the junk conspiracy theories.

Last edited:
With Stroud, you can’t have too many playmaking wide receivers. Just Nico ain’t gonna cut it. Getting Tank Dell back ain’t gonna cut it. Everyone else in that receiver room needs to go.
Noah Brown had some good games. I think had he and Tank Dell both been healthy it would have at least gave us a punchers chance of winning yesterday. I do not think Noah Brown is the answer and could easily be replaced but with a full compliment of receivers there is no telling how much better we could have been.

Last edited:
The people blaming CJ for this loss do not know ball.

Texans couldn't run against a light box on the inside.

Texans receivers outside of Nico are all on watch next year in training camp. There isn't one outside Nico or Dell that you can guarantee even makes the team. There is a lack of talent in the skill position group. It needs a huge upgrade at your 3rd WR.

OL/Blocking Scheme was totally out coached.

Ravens defense was awesome.

Nobody is going to beat them if Lamar performs.

We had a rookie QB, a rookie HC, a rookie OC, a DC that was last DC for the 17-18 Dolphins, a rookie leader on defense, almost all of our receivers were injured, a run game that is basically Singletary who, while playing well, is not someone that you can trust the game to and finally we were playing a team, at their home stadium, that is considered the best in the league right now. Did you guys really think we would win?

A rookie team had a rookie game and yeah it sucks it came in the playoffs but we were drafting at number 2 this time last year and this year we are AFCS champs again and made it through the wild card round when we were suppose to be drafting top 3 again only with Arizona having our draft pick. Seriously guys chill out, the future is the brightest it has been in a decade and this team is just getting started.

"Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning." - Winston Churchill

this this 10,000 times this!

Texans are garbage without Stroud
Thinking clearly now….
That defense they have is legit. But Lamar damn near won that game on his own. I knew he’d get a big carry or two but he did it all night long.
Only way to play him is to blitz all night long. Which Texans damn near did. Defense got tired and then got gashed with the run game.

Thinking clearly now….
That defense they have is legit. But Lamar damn near won that game on his own. I knew he’d get a big carry or two but he did it all night long.
Only way to play him is to blitz all night long. Which Texans damn near did. Defense got tired and then got gashed with the run game.

Texans played Lamar well. Seems like someone lost contain a few times for him to run the ball like he did.

I thought as a passer Lamar was very average, but he doesn't need to be amazing for them to win the SB. That defense scheme is ridiculous.

They are extremely disciplined. They don't blow coverages....

I don't buy into the conspiracy theories regardless. The Ravens and 49ers have been two of the best teams in the NFL all season long yet it is the Ravens who have dominated longer than the 49ers. While the 49ers struggled to beat a 7th seed Green Bay Packers in the divisional round of the playoffs, it could be argued we had a better Cinderella story and if the games were fixed it would have been better for the NFL as a whole had our game been at least a bit more competitive. The Dallas Cowboys would have won at least won one more title since their last one if games and seasons were fixed. Also if the games were fixed a lot more games would align with the point spreads than those that end up that way. There are some games that seem fixed and it is understandable the suspicion but I just think that there is too much that has to go into these games to outright fix them.

I do know that basketball had point shaving incidents in the past and that sport is a lot more questionable than football. I guess it could be possible that big time football could be rigged but until there is point blank straight on evidence of it all we can do is hope it doesn't exist and keep rooting for our teams.

I was reading elsewhere on this board that since seeding in 1975 there have been less than 30% of top seeds meeting in the Super Bowl. I would think that if games were rigged it would end up being a lot higher than that.

Also, if games were rigged why has it been Tom Brady and the Patriots who dominated the better share of 20 years? Why was Tom Brady and Belichick the chosen dynastic duo? There are too many other coaches, players, cities and teams that would seem to have been a better choice for a run of such success. How about the current LA teams being one of the next Dynasties or one of the NY teams? Why have the Chiefs now been chosen to carry the torch? I just don't buy into the junk conspiracy theories.
The SB logo conspiracy is for the last several super bowls the logos have been the colors of the teams that make it https://www.si.com/fannation/bringm...l-logo-color-scheme-conspiracy-holding-strong

Now looking at what you laid out as you were getting deep into conspiracies, some things did stick out. For example the Cowboys make the league money win or lose.

Why not Tom Brady who was married to the highest paid model in the world? Robert Kraft being one of the most powerful and connected owners in all of sports. He is untouchable. Was getting massages from underage girls but that was swept under the rug https://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-...-charges-dropped-florida-prosecutors-n1240964

The Rams just won a super bowl in their own stadium right as california lockdown measures were ending (so the stadium could host after it was pushed back a year). They desperately needed more fan interest back in their home market, where cowboys/raiders/niners fans are plentiful, so making 2 SBs within 3 years of each other after moving back to LA helps

The Giants had a mini dynasty about 15 and 30 years ago respectfully

Now having said that I wasn't even talking about games being fixed. Was just poking fun at the logo conspiracy.

Noah Brown had some good games. I think had he and Tank Dell both been healthy it would have at least gave us a punchers chance of winning yesterday. I do not think Noah Brown is the answer and could easily be replaced but with a full compliment of receivers there is no telling how much better we could have been.
Until they get a running game that will at least prevent what we saw yesterday from happening more receivers are not the answer. Much more than just a receiver or two is needed

Until they get a running game that will at least prevent what we saw yesterday from happening more receivers are not the answer. Much more than just a receiver or two is needed

Agreed. The Texans have to shore up that O-line and add a decent RB. Stroud is good enough to make mediocre receivers into really good receivers, so I'd put WR after the fix for the Oline and RB.

Running game is most important need this offseason imo. Especially given the Texans’ offensive identity. If you’re going to run whether it’s successful or not then it’s time to prioritize getting the personnel to do so.

Horrible call and even worse that the Texans didn’t challenge it

Horrible call and even worse that the Texans didn’t challenge it

After the rewatch, I am blaming Singletary for that. He acted like his butt hit the ground versus starting to point and such those two yards where he was flopping on top of the Ravens dude.

Reactions: JB
Thinking clearly now….

texans blitzed Mamar at the highest percentage of any gamehe has played in the NFL. It worked at times, but you live by the blitz, you die by the blitz.

texans blitzed Mamar at the highest percentage of any gamehe has played in the NFL. It worked at times, but you live by the blitz, you die by the blitz.
Yeah that play in the second half where JG completely whiffed on LJ looked so bad.

Once the Ravens shut down the run all they had to do was concentrate on Collins & Schultz to slow our passing game to a crawl. IMO we weren't out coached we were outplayed. The Ravens just had more talent than the Texans.

I'm not smart enough to know if the problem with our rushing is the RBs or OL or the scheme but one way or the other we have to get a running game. I also feel like we need some more young receivers.

My biggest complaint with the Texans coaching is penalties. It has been a consistent problem all year long on both sides of the ball.

Even with the disappointing loss yesterday I still enjoyed this season more than I have in years & I'm going into the off season optimistic as hell.

That’s why I said…. The D was gassed. The run game was easy for the ravens in the middle of the third Q

We accomplished quite a bit with an average to below average running game. Yes I agree that it is best to have a good to great running attack because it opens up a whole lot more of the offensive playbook. Still, I myself think that having at least one more receiving option would have made for a much more competitive game yesterday. We had some games with a limited running attack and several receivers injured and still competed and found ways to win some of those games. That is not sustainable over the long haul and hardly anybody is going to advance deep in the playoffs let alone win a championship that way, but still with more weapons available comes a better chance to win and stuff occasionally happens and nothing is set in stone. I would love to have seen how this game would have gone with our full compliment of receivers. I doubt we win but none the less that alone would be worth the price of admission. I think had we taken on almost any team with an average defense, and we had a weak running game but our full compliment of receivers, we could at least advance to the AFCCS! Still, all in all I agree that it is usually counterproductive to try to beat good to great teams, "especially teams with top rated defenses," when you have a weak running attack! Nick Caserio has his work cut out for him to make us a Super Bowl caliber team. Let's hope he can pick up where he left off last season!

That’s why I said…. The D was gassed. The run game was easy for the ravens in the middle of the third Q

TBH, the run game is their strength. Dominated the rest of the league in rushing. I had little faith that the Texans would shut it down because their rushing defense stats were smoke and mirrors built upon stopping a broke down Henry who was the only option on the Tits. Even more so when the Texans offense got shut down and that D was out there for so much of the second half.

The SB logo conspiracy is for the last several super bowls the logos have been the colors of the teams that make it https://www.si.com/fannation/bringm...l-logo-color-scheme-conspiracy-holding-strong

Now looking at what you laid out as you were getting deep into conspiracies, some things did stick out. For example the Cowboys make the league money win or lose.

Why not Tom Brady who was married to the highest paid model in the world? Robert Kraft being one of the most powerful and connected owners in all of sports. He is untouchable. Was getting massages from underage girls but that was swept under the rug https://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-...-charges-dropped-florida-prosecutors-n1240964

The Rams just won a super bowl in their own stadium right as California lockdown measures were ending (so the stadium could host after it was pushed back a year). They desperately needed more fan interest back in their home market, where cowboys/raiders/niners fans are plentiful, so making 2 SBs within 3 years of each other after moving back to LA helps.

The Giants had a mini dynasty about 15 and 30 years ago respectfully

Now having said that I wasn't even talking about games being fixed. Was just poking fun at the logo conspiracy.
Good points GB. Glad you weren't alluding to games being fixed though because I just don't buy it or anybody's examples or reasons. I could be wrong though. I have been many times before.

I’m not even gonna say that their defense is all that special, they’re just a team that compliments each other very well is all. They tackle well & can shutdown the run pretty good. You couple that with a run based offense & throw in LJ8’s legs to super-power that run game & that shortens the game tremendously for opposing teams who like to pass.

The stats aren't pretty. We out-passed them 175 to 123 but the rest - all Ravens. Still, it was tied at the half. The Texans had nothing in the 2nd half which was not unlike the first meeting.

Time of possession: Ravens 37:35, Texans 22:25

Rushing: Ravens 229, Texans 38

Penalties: Ravens 3/15, Texans 11/70

Red zone: Ravens 4/5, Texans 0/0

A couple of obvious things: need to find a run game. You can fake a run game with a good short passing game but I don't think we are there yet. CJ was pressured but was able to avoid any sacks.

One happy note is no turnovers.

We'll be playing the Ravens again next year in the regular season. Should be a good "measuring stick" game....

No, i’m saying those three are not enough against the Ravens on the road in windy conditions. Today they would have been better off going max protect and just letting Stroud buy time until Nico came open all game.Which sounds ridiculous because it is…

Need Tank back, need a difference maker at RB, need another WR who can get separation quickly and consistently.

And on top of that need an OL that doesn’t get pantsed repeatedly by an elite defense. Look at how the Packers OL fared against SF’s front. Much more respectable.
Packers didn't have 3rd and 4th string guys starting either. I'm not an injury excuse guy, but aside from Tunsil and Mason, none of those guys were supposed to start except maybe Scruggs at center. They need pieces, that's all.

The stats aren't pretty. We out-passed them 175 to 123 but the rest - all Ravens. Still, it was tied at the half. The Texans had nothing in the 2nd half which was not unlike the first meeting.

A couple of obvious things: need to find a run game. You can fake a run game with a good short passing game but I don't think we are there yet. CJ was pressured but was able to avoid any sacks.

We'll be playing the Ravens again next year in the regular season. Should be a good "measuring stick" game....
Those presnap penalties hurt alot

IMO we weren't out coached we were outplayed. The Ravens just had more talent than the Texans.
I agree. I hear some folk complaining about the play calling. Some of the play designs were nigh genius, but at least one guy, usually two, would get beat badly & blow it up.

If I were Bobby, I'd have probably taken the same approach. We were out matched & the way Baltimore would crowd the line, then drop into coverage was very good & confusing to our OL.

imo he had to stick with the run to keep Cj from throwing the ball 40+ times. Sure, Cj is him & could probably have handled it, but as it were it didn't look like he was getting a sliver of help from his team. Sure handed Schultz dropped a ball, Collins couldn't get open, Woods wasn't clutch. The OL was jittery.

I don't think he was trying to hide Cj, but if you can't get a string of plays started, you can't get a string of plays started.

I agree. I hear some folk complaining about the play calling. Some of the play designs were nigh genius, but at least one guy, usually two, would get beat badly & blow it up.

If I were Bobby, I'd have probably taken the same approach. We were out matched & the way Baltimore would crowd the line, then drop into coverage was very good & confusing to our OL.

imo he had to stick with the run to keep Cj from throwing the ball 40+ times. Sure, Cj is him & could probably have handled it, but as it were it didn't look like he was getting a sliver of help from his team. Sure handed Schultz dropped a ball, Collins couldn't get open, Woods wasn't clutch. The OL was jittery.

I don't think he was trying to hide Cj, but if you can't get a string of plays started, you can't get a string of plays started.
I agree with feeling that Bobby Slowik did as well as he could in calling the game all things considered. However I can't help but wonder if things would have been better for the offense if he went with a quicker tempo longer than he did. When he sped things up briefly it seemed to help.

Also, I don't buy that the Ravens are WAY better than us talent wise as some seem to think. More experienced all around yes, and a bit more talented, but not WAY more talented. Their experience and better health played a major role as far as I am concerned, and the cohesion that brings helped them a lot. I won't say we would have won with at least Noah Brown healthy but it for sure would have helped us play a more competitive game. I don't think the big games by Noah Brown were an aberration and that he for sure would have been nice compliment to Nico Collins. Add Tank Dell and who knows? I know that injuries are a part of the game and there are no excuses but I feel if we were a bit more healthy we would've at least made a good game of it! That may be just me though. After all, based on how the season went the Ravens for sure have been the best team in the league. We however are more of a work in progress while the Ravens have been in the playoffs every year since we last went to the playoffs and even several years before that. They have a bit better talent but they have been building toward a Super Bowl run for quite some time and their experience alone played a significant role in how our playoff game against them turned out. Plus John Harbaugh has been among the best head coaches in the league since he got his job with the Ravens, and he got that job quite a while ago. He has won two championships during that time! That kind of previous success and experience matters!

Last edited:
I agree with feeling that Bobby did as well as he good in calling the game all things considered. However I can't help but wonder if things would have been better for the offense if he went with a quicker tempo longer than he did. When he sped things up briefly it seemed to help. Maybe I am just wrong on that and it just seemed that way.

He tried but they kept getting presnap penalties! Need to work on that uptempo offense next year.

When he sped things up briefly it seemed to help. Maybe I am just wrong on that and it just seemed that way.
Remember the last time an OC did that in H-Town?

I think Bobby made a bidness decision.

0x480.webp

Man that’s freaking crazy we didn’t have one trip in the red zone. Brought back memories from the past three years. Slow was terrible with his play calling, offensive line couldn’t block and receivers just wasn’t getting open. Then the freaking penalties and dropped passes.

It was like they were scared of the Ravens defense.

Man if your running game isn’t working then you have to find other ways to compensate. Like the quick passing game.
The entire offense didn’t look ready at all. And that’s on coaching. The offensive play calling didn’t look like the one we ran against the Browns who actually has the better defense.

Man if your running game isn’t working then you have to find other ways to compensate. Like the quick passing game.
You have to do something. I agree.

I haven't gone through to see if they tried to incorporate some quick game or not. If Stroud was adamantly looking for the deep pass, or not. I do know there were a couple of times i expected a hot route & didn't see it.
The entire offense didn’t look ready at all. And that’s on coaching. The offensive play calling didn’t look like the one we ran against the Browns who actually has the better defense.
Cleveland didn't have the pass rushers Baltimore had. Our guys got their butts handed to them. S2roud was moved off his spot too easily, too often.

Back