Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Forum Bugs ... Please Report

This morning, still having some problems. But it begins to seem like the issue may be with the provider servers, as suggested by DBCooper. Drove to Whataburger for breakfast and still could not connect. At home I can connect, but only when I'm using WIFI. When I change my connection to a MOBILE connection, I cannot connect.
Try popping into airplane mode and then back out to reestablish an updated mobile network connection. That's what worked for me. Good luck.

This morning I'm back at Whataburger having some breakfast and have no problems connecting in both WIFI and MOBILE mode. I haven't made any changes in my settings, so it appears to my ill informed mind, it may have been network servers getting updated with the new certificates.

Originally, deleting my caches and cookies "fixed" my phone and it just took time for the services I connect to to catch up.

This morning I'm back at Whataburger having some breakfast and have no problems connecting in both WIFI and MOBILE mode. I haven't made any changes in my settings, so it appears to my ill informed mind, it may have been network servers getting updated with the new certificates.

Originally, deleting my caches and cookies "fixed" my phone and it just took time for the services I connect to to catch up.

Taquito w cheese?

Breakfast Platter at Whataburger. If I want fried eggs and pancakes, it's Dennys. For breakfast tacos, it a local mom and pop called Downtown Tacos. For omelets, it's IHOP. Just normal small town options.

Normal small town options???

I don’t live in Texas anymore and my small town has one mom and pop diner that is just ok.

Whataburger is a 2-1/2 hour round trip. Closest Denny’s and IHOP are a 3-hr round trip.

I keep a small flock of hens and cure my own bacon from pork belly from the local butcher, so the best breakfast in town is at my place! 😁

Breakfast Platter at Whataburger. If I want fried eggs and pancakes, it's Dennys. For breakfast tacos, it a local mom and pop called Downtown Tacos. For omelets, it's IHOP. Just normal small town options.

IHOP.....Big Steak Omelet, the hash browns on the side (not inside), and Harvest Grain and Nut Pancakes. That'll fill even the hungriest person for the day. I did hear something about the Harvest Grain and Nut Pancakes being pulled from the menu....hope IHOP will have seen the error of their ways before I get back home. Always go to the one next to Atascocita South neighborhood.

The Big Bear Diner is the only place to go when CFS and Eggs is on the mind. Always go to the one on FM 1960 across from the Deerbrook Mall.

Both sound like great meeting places for TT folks on a Saturday morning.

giphy.gif

The last day or two this site is increasingly slower. Today it’s so slow that’s it’s close to unusable. So far it hasn’t completely crashed like it did on game day against Cleveland, but it’s dog slow.

The last day or two this site is increasingly slower. Today it’s so slow that’s it’s close to unusable. So far it hasn’t completely crashed like it did on game day against Cleveland, but it’s dog slow.
It's bad! Real bad! Getting worse by the minute

Does anyone else have an issue when using voice to text? Samsung customer service not much help. When I click on the microphone icon, five times out of six it beeps as it disconnects.

I keep seeing giant ads in certain views that are to the left of east subject. I refreshed and it went away, then came back when I choose new posts. Never seen this before.

I keep seeing giant ads in certain views that are to the left of east subject. I refreshed and it went away, then came back when I choose new posts. Never seen this before.

It’s just my iPads. Sorry, I am am IT guy, I have more devices than Carter has liver pills. My standard sized iPad was the first to show these crazy ads all over the place. Now it’s impacting my iPad Pro too with a larger screen. It’s ok on my Windows desktop no issues, and I have not checked my iMac or Mac Book Pro but I will try those devices when I can.

It’s just my iPads. Sorry, I am am IT guy, I have more devices than Carter has liver pills. My standard sized iPad was the first to show these crazy ads all over the place. Now it’s impacting my iPad Pro too with a larger screen. It’s ok on my Windows desktop no issues, and I have not checked my iMac or Mac Book Pro but I will try those devices when I can.
I see them on my Android also. Just a certain posters it appears

Yes I get what Speedy is showing, but only on my two iPads. I’m rarely on it with my iPhone so not sure there. Desktop/laptops have no issues but the number of huge ads all over the place on the iPads makes the experience brutal.

Yes I get what Speedy is showing, but only on my two iPads. I’m rarely on it with my iPhone so not sure there. Desktop/laptops have no issues but the number of huge ads all over the place on the iPads makes the experience brutal.

Are you using an add blocker on your desktop/laptop?

Are you using an add blocker on your desktop/laptop?

Yes, and I hadn't thought about that. Good catch. I use Adblock Plus on Chrome, which is what I usually use.

To test this, I opened Texanstalk in Edge - I don't use Edge as frequently and do not have a dedicated ad blocker. And yup....major huge ads on the Edge browser using a Windows desktop. Examples below from some screenshots I just took. Sometimes it's worse than this. That razor ad is nothing compared to some threads I get into. It's so bad, that I'm finding myself just going elsewhere more often. I don't mind an ad at the top or bottom to help raise funds, but it's unacceptable the way it is currently.

And it's making me wonder if this is what's behind the lag I have been experiencing for weeks now on this site. It's really, really slow and has been for a good 6-8 weeks or so. This is a major issue that needs to be fixed in the next few weeks before we ramp up for draft season. Hosting doesn't cost an arm and a leg. If we charged members $5/yr, that would be more than enough to cover the hosting fees. There's plenty of leftover dough for Kevin to keep it rolling, and we could go 100% ad-free. And everyone can afford $5/yr. Everyone. The only issue might be underage folks, who I think are a distinct minority. Just an idea.

TT1.PNG

TT2.PNG

I'm not getting adds

You're marked as a Contributor's Club member and I believe at one time if you donated and got that tag then ads were removed for you.

I donate or have donated (I probably should again) but didn't ask for the contrib club deal since I only access on a laptop with an ad blocker the ads don't impact me.

edit: Just donated again, so I'll continue using my add blocker guilt free :D ... but it would be nice to have the site return to a reasonable performance level, at the moment browsing feels like...

1708712990099.png

Last edited:
I'm not getting adds

You probably have an ad blocker. It's saving me on Chrome desktop.

But it's making the site dog slow. I'd bet a dollar that is what is causing the site to be slower than molasses.

Ads have completely ruined my experience on the iPads. They are in thread titles and within the threads...one after the other.

It's entirely out of control. Some of these ads take up more than half the iPad screen. I can't even see what the hell someone is saying.

This needs to be addressed pronto.

Back