Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Forum Bugs ... Please Report

I still can't

And we're supposed to care about what you can or cannot see?

Maybe we don't WANT you to see it. Did you think of that?

Seriously, though, to the powers that be, could JB have accidentally "unwatched" that thread? Would that prevent him from seeing it and can someone make it visible to him again?

If someone would mention it to the powers that be (Hookem or site administrators) that if they could include X.com as an acceptable media site like twitter.com is, anyone could post links from there much easier

Is there some trick to getting Twitter links to embed? When I try to use the Media option and paste a link to a tweet, it won't let me embed it.

Is there some trick to getting Twitter links to embed? When I try to use the Media option and paste a link to a tweet, it won't let me embed it.
change the x.com to twitter.com
I don't think you need to embed, just copy & paste the url

Anyone else having problems with slow site/ can't post in gameday thread? Too many people on or what?

Anyone else having problems with slow site/ can't post in gameday thread? Too many people on or what?
Problems appear to be with gameday thread or maybe they just cleared up?

On my end I guess, but using my voice to talk: I touch microphone icon to speak but almost 100% hear a beep and nothing. Often I have to hit the icon several times before my message is accepted. It only happens on the message board and not on other use.
Sometimes, I do not hear the beep but it will not allow me to verbally type. I have rebooted my phone several times and can find nothing on the internet that helps. Again, this does not occur when using voice to text off of this site.
Has been occurring long time. Samsung 23 Galaxy android 2023 model

Thanks for any advice or help!

Last edited:
Question, the people with the error are you on wifi? I keep getting the error on my phone and tablet regardless of location but on my hardwired computer its fine.
broadband wifi for me... but it's fine now.

Just now able to get back on
View attachment 13438
Not sure what happened. I was kicked out sometime in the 1st half. Switched browsers and got back in for 10 minutes. Kicked off again. Could not get in with my phone or tablet. I had all of the error messages above at some point. I kept getting notifications that members were posting. I think those that got on early and stayed on may have not been kicked out. Not sure, but @JB post on 12-17 may have been a harbinger that something was wrong.

Not sure what happened. I was kicked out sometime in the 1st half. Switched browsers and got back in for 10 minutes. Kicked off again. Could not get in with my phone or tablet. I had all of the error messages above at some point. I kept getting notifications that members were posting. I think those that got on early and stayed on may have not been kicked out. Not sure, but @JB post on 12-17 may have been a harbinger that something was wrong.
Lucky as you recall, a few years ago we had to go to a better system to avoid increase traffic problems.

Everything I've found is that the problem here was not an overload. It was a problem with the website's SSL certificate. An SSL certificate makes the site more secure. You see this as HTTPS:// vs HTTP://. A website's security certificate lasts for about one year from the date of its issuance, so it needs to be renewed. If the website does not renew the certificate, the site can create many security risks to the user. Some browsers will automatically make these expired websites unreachable.

Everything I've found is that the problem here was not an overload. It was a problem with the website's SSL certificate. An SSL certificate makes the site more secure. You see this as HTTPS:// vs HTTP://. A website's security certificate lasts for about one year from the date of its issuance, so it needs to be renewed. If the website does not renew the certificate, the site can create many security risks to the user. Some browsers will automatically make these expired websites unreachable.
My browser said the certificate was good

Yep. Hookem was on it as soon as he found out last night. Thanks for the heads up, Corrosion!

Timing of outage was pure coincidence with lining up with an expiration date.

It's all good now. :hacker:

Just now tried logging in with my computer. Seems to be working. Still can't log in with my phone.

Yesterday neither worked. I normally use Firefox, but Chrome also wasn't working.

With my phone, if I over ride my security and try to log in, I'm getting an address: ww12.texanstalk.com.

Hope everything gets fixed pronto.

Just now tried logging in with my computer. Seems to be working. Still can't log in with my phone.

Yesterday neither worked. I normally use Firefox, but Chrome also wasn't working.

With my phone, if I over ride my security and try to log in, I'm getting an address: ww12.texanstalk.com.

Hope everything gets fixed pronto.

May have to clear cache and cookies

Back