Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

FIRE O'BRIEN NOW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must be running a side team brothel. I'm following the Chiefs and Browns very closely along with keeping up with the 49'ers, Rams, Bears, Bills, Cards, Broncos, Vikings, Skins and Jets.
Me too. Cheifs browns and Rams. A lot of really good young talent on all three of those teams. I would love to see a chiefs rams Super Bowl

Late to the party, but that game was a battle of below average teams with even worse coaches. Give me a competent coach for that game and it's over at halftime. That game should have been a blowout. The Cowboys are a bad football team. The Texans are just a bit better.

OB should have been ran out of the locker at halftime. Fuller caught, what, 2 passes? And one was over the middle for 7 yards?? This dude was brought in to "stretch" the offense. Ok, so his hamstring wouldn't allow him to go deep, I don't buy it. If you can play, you can play, do what you're supposed to do.

The goal line calls. Holy crap, Batman! Pretty sure 7 Offensive lineman dressed for the game, and you drafted over 500 pounds of TE's this year. USE THEM!!! For the love of all things football, get your head out of your arse!!!

Late to the party, but that game was a battle of below average teams with even worse coaches. Give me a competent coach for that game and it's over at halftime. That game should have been a blowout. The Cowboys are a bad football team. The Texans are just a bit better.

OB should have been ran out of the locker at halftime. Fuller caught, what, 2 passes? And one was over the middle for 7 yards?? This dude was brought in to "stretch" the offense. Ok, so his hamstring wouldn't allow him to go deep, I don't buy it. If you can play, you can play, do what you're supposed to do.

The goal line calls. Holy crap, Batman! Pretty sure 7 Offensive lineman dressed for the game, and you drafted over 500 pounds of TE's this year. USE THEM!!! For the love of all things football, get your head out of your arse!!!

It's obvious BOB doesn't think his OL is very good with how he's calling plays.

Another knock on him because he should've made sure they were ready to go during the offseason. And he shouldn't have never line Davenport on the right after Henderson went down. Lamm should've been that guy. Rankins should've been his swing Guard and Tackle so he could get some reps just in case his number was called upon.

Only took him 3 games to figure out they weren't good and start giving them more help. I forgot the actual percentages but through the first 3 weeks we were one of the lower ranking teams when it came to giving the line help(leaving TEs in, chipping, etc) these last 2 weeks we have done it at one of the higher rates. Why did it take this guy 3 games to come to this realization?

Yall do know it's a common practice to chip the edge rushers, especially if they are elite at their jobs. Double team and then going to the next level to get the LBs and or strong safeties. We were not doing that at first but last we did. Gentlemen that's coaching all the way.

Yall do know it's a common practice to chip the edge rushers, especially if they are elite at their jobs. Double team and then going to the next level to get the LBs and or strong safeties. We were not doing that at first but last we did. Gentlemen that's coaching all the way.

yea we know that is why it was so troubling to see us not do it very often through the first 3 games. We had 2 very green players starting at our tackle spots, yet we did not chip edge rushers or leave in TEs for help very often. It was like O'Brien was thinking either his guys are going to get the job done, or Watson will get killed and thats how he wanted to live.

I hope they fire him soon as possible. feels like he's just another nfl coach. why not let someone have fun with DW4. DW can do what he wants to run. feels like that's when he's the best. give him manning like key to offense? feels like he's smart enough. give him great D coach with good secondary mind.

we got enough weapons. hope we can get good oline together after this season. and omg let 24 go. rather see rookies make those mistakes than him. so many easy catch against him. I love how aggressive our safeties are. not even mad with their penalty.

I'm not a fan of Bill O'Brien, but I wonder if we're seeing what is really happening.

I'm watching the same game you are & none of it makes any more sense to me as it does to you (y'all). I don't like what we're seeing on offense or on the back end of the defense. But we all agree we should have won four games by now. Four out of five, but we didn't & most put that blame on O'b. Decisions he made on game day.

Not trying to make excuses, but I remember year two of O'Brien. The OL wasn't very good. Especially with Fitzpatrick under center. Ryan Mallett comes into the game & it's like a switch was flipped. They weren't all of a sudden the best line in the league, but they were markedly better. I thought it was obvious that Mallett knew how to read the defense & communicate the protection he wanted to the line.

Now, we have a QB with less than 16 games under his belt trying to read defenses & communicate what he'd like to 5 guys who have played less than 5 games together with that QB.

I think there are obvious communication errors... the numerous false starts, especially at home, the formation corrections that we see our young QB making, the communication we see after the play where our QB is telling someone they were supposed to have gone this way instead of that, RBs making mental mistakes in blitz pickups, free pass rushers who aren't picked up at all (I know sometimes that's by design, those are not the ones I'm talking about).

I think a lot of Watson's holding the ball too long & "indecisiveness" to take off & run was due to the fact that he overestimated his OL (for whatever reason). Last Sunday it looked like he's adjusting.

I don't think we're a very good team now. I see the pieces of a much better team, a team that should be 4-1. I'm really anxious to see how good they'll be in December. Hopefully they won't have ruined their chances of a play off run.

2% of teams that start 0-3 have made it to the playoffs. That means it is not impossible. Bills, Jags, Dolphins. After watching the last two games I'm sure the next three won't be easy. We'll definitely be underdogs in Jacksonville. But if we win all three, whether by the skin of our teeth, worse coaching on the other side, or some unlikely twist of fate, the team will be 5-3 after 8 games. Eight of the types of games that build character.

I say hopefully. I don't know what's going to happen. I'm just watching the season unfold, rooting for them boys on Kirby,

Oilers/Texans have essentially been organizations that could never find sync at any given time with all their moving parts.

Good GM - Lousy Coaching

Good Coaching - Lousy FO

Great Offense - No Defense

Great Defense - No Offense

Great Teams - Horribly Timed Injuries

Horribly Timed Injuries - No Quality Depth

Now that I got that out of the way....I see some pieces to build a very solid team around. Some of those pieces will not viable pieces for much longer and a lot of those pieces are early in their careers.

I like Gaine and I think his first draft will prove to be invaluable....especially with no RD1 or RD2 pick(s).

O'Brien and his Coaching Staff would be completely revamped if it were up to me. Lucky, mediocre, inconsistent and/or piss poor pretty much sums up his and their tenure.

If I were Gaine, I'd go to the McNair's and present the idea; "it's Time For A Complete Rebuild". Let O'Brien go as HC and let RC finish the season. Scrape the slate at season's end.

Identify teams assets that could project to be with the team for the next 3-5 season's. The current assets that don't fit this formula need to be dealt for picks in 2019 and 2020 instead of killing the foreseeable cap space.

I would like to see how Gaine could handle the 2019 NFL Draft with plenty of picks at his disposal. I think this upcoming draft will be loaded with impact players at every position on defense. The draft will plenty of talented OL but they will need time (a half to full season) to become starting assets. RB and another top tier TE would also be essential. More picks and mediocre results will be the norm this season and next but like the Astros, it could lay the foundation for something pretty special for the long-term.

It all makes sense now! They are going to fire O'Brien and Gaine (they are so aligned they are like one entity anyway) just in time to REHIRE Rick Smith! Only way the cycle of abuse is completed.

Oilers/Texans have essentially been organizations that could never find sync at any given time with all their moving parts.

Good GM - Lousy Coaching

Good Coaching - Lousy FO

Great Offense - No Defense

Great Defense - No Offense

Great Teams - Horribly Timed Injuries

Horribly Timed Injuries - No Quality Depth

Now that I got that out of the way....I see some pieces to build a very solid team around. Some of those pieces will not viable pieces for much longer and a lot of those pieces are early in their careers.

I like Gaine and I think his first draft will prove to be invaluable....especially with no RD1 or RD2 pick(s).

O'Brien and his Coaching Staff would be completely revamped if it were up to me. Lucky, mediocre, inconsistent and/or piss poor pretty much sums up his and their tenure.

If I were Gaine, I'd go to the McNair's and present the idea; "it's Time For A Complete Rebuild". Let O'Brien go as HC and let RC finish the season. Scrape the slate at season's end.

Identify teams assets that could project to be with the team for the next 3-5 season's. The current assets that don't fit this formula need to be dealt for picks in 2019 and 2020 instead of killing the foreseeable cap space.

I would like to see how Gaine could handle the 2019 NFL Draft with plenty of picks at his disposal. I think this upcoming draft will be loaded with impact players at every position on defense. The draft will plenty of talented OL but they will need time (a half to full season) to become starting assets. RB and another top tier TE would also be essential. More picks and mediocre results will be the norm this season and next but like the Astros, it could lay the foundation for something pretty special for the long-term.

Probably the right thing to do, but won't happen with McNair owning the team. The time for a rebuild was after last year.

I hope they fire him soon as possible. feels like he's just another nfl coach. why not let someone have fun with DW4. DW can do what he wants to run. feels like that's when he's the best. give him manning like key to offense? feels like he's smart enough. give him great D coach with good secondary mind.

we got enough weapons. hope we can get good oline together after this season. and omg let 24 go. rather see rookies make those mistakes than him. so many easy catch against him. I love how aggressive our safeties are. not even mad with their penalty.

Watson is like Manning? Except for the reading defenses and accuracy standpoint. I think Watson has the ability to because an all pro, but he's not Manning and never will be.

Probably the worst comparison I've seen.

Probably the right thing to do, but won't happen with McNair owning the team. The time for a rebuild was after last year.

I agree 100% but it has to start somewhere before anymore money is dropped on veterans at this point. Also, better late than never. This current team, as it is built....will not compete for a Super Bowl, much less a AFC Championship crown between now and 2020. I still view the Texans as two drafts away from being a major competitor in the AFC but I don't see some of the key players making it that far to continue being assets physically or contractually.

Watson is like Manning? Except for the reading defenses and accuracy standpoint. I think Watson has the ability to because an all pro, but he's not Manning and never will be.

I don't think we've even come close to seeing what Watson is capable of as an NFL QB. He hasn't played behind a decent OL yet. He hasn't had a running game that could take some of the pressure off him. He has a horrible game planner/play caller in Bill O'Brien. I'd really like to see what he could do if his receivers could put at least 10+ games together as starters.

The one thing Watson has that Manning never possessed.....a set of feet that will always absorb one defender to shadow him.

I don't think we've even come close to seeing what Watson is capable of as an NFL QB. He hasn't played behind a decent OL yet. He hasn't had a running game that could take some of the pressure off him. He has a horrible game planner/play caller in Bill O'Brien. I'd really like to see what he could do if his receivers could put at least 10+ games together as starters.

The one thing Watson has that Manning never possessed.....a set of feet that will always absorb one defender to shadow him.

This right here is spot on.

To be fair, Manning wasn't the Manning we came to know, respect and hate until his 5th year. No one denied his talent, but he was interception prone. We forget in his rookie year, Manning led the league in INTs. In fact, in his first 5 years, he threw: 1998 (26 TDs, 28 INTs), 1999 (26 TDs, 15 INTs), 2000 (33 TDs, 15 INTs), 2001 (26 TDs, 23 INTs), 2002 (26 TDs, 19 INTs). That doesn't appear to be a QB being accurate or doing a good job reading defenses.

My point is I don't know about comparing him to Manning or Moon. I know the kid has talent. I know he's still learning, we need to be patient and I hope similar to the Oilers and Colts, the Texans invest in providing him with a competent OL.

I'm more optimistic as Oline today can be the future. I question only RT Lamm going forward but as did Ervin as returner hopefully I'm wrong. If we get Jonah Williams he is starting RT soon with Rankin as swing. He also could possibly be center. Here's line I like: LT D. LG Rankin, center Martin. RG Fulton, RT J. Williams (draft) and OT/OG Max Scharping (draft) as swing. 2019: 2 OTs. 1 CB and RB and a safety in top four rounds with depth 5-7. Don't see any significant Oline in FA but we should buy at least one CB & one safety. With numerous Dline and Lbs in top 3 rounds, teams should release some vets we can buy for depth. Prediction: no more than two significant FA will be signed. Cap space for our guys like Clowney (barring a trade), Badger and yes maybe Kareem J.

Last edited:
“I feel good for these guys, we know we have to improve in areas obviously, but that’s what the league is all about,” O’Brien said. Winning the last three games the way we’ve won them shows a lot about the locker room and what they’re all about. If we can improve and get better in a lot of different areas, maybe we can do something.”

https://sportsradio610.radio.com/articles/rebound-bill

I also heard bits and pieces of his presser and he was saying things don't need to be elaborate, and that game planning wasn't a big deal. I'm trying to find transcript in case I've misquoted.

This dipshit needs to move on down the road.

Yeah you’re so far into the hate you’re completely taking **** out of context and misquoting...

So what was the appropriate context or are you just gonna huff and puff everytime someone is overly critical of the fearless leader?

So what was the appropriate context or are you just gonna huff and puff everytime someone is overly critical of the fearless leader?

He said the same thing with Vandermeer on the coach’s show today.

The context was talking about how teams prepare once you’re this far into the season and you play teams that you have common opponents with like Jax this week. We’ve both played the cowboys, titans and patriots.

All He was saying is you can’t get too caught up in game planning and things & that this late in the season you need to focus more on what you do best b/c each team for the most part has already set up tendencies.

The context was talking about how teams prepare once you’re this far into the season and you play teams that you have common opponents with like Jax this week. We’ve both played the cowboys, titans and patriots.

All He was saying is you can’t get too caught up in game planning and things & that this late in the season you need to focus more on what you do best b/c each team for the most part has already set up tendencies.

Is that what he said? I mean, for real for real. Lol.

Well darn it coach why didn't we have these boys ready from the jump street. I mean hell you did not give this newly put together line enough reps with the entire 1st team during the preseason. If you would've gave them that much need dress rehearsals at that time, we could've established better tendencies by now.

This guy supposedly learned from the master of game planning in Belichek didnt he? Not that big a deal? Okay.

I was really on the fire BOB after the coaching gaffes in the first three games with clock mgmt, uncovered gunners and some of the play calling. I still would not mind a competent OC or better head coach, but think the defense has gotten better thanks to RAC, he usually does this, special teams are better because he brought in a proven coach, and re-watching the last games, you could blame as much on DW4 and the oline, and Fuller is not himself. Clock management was handled well in the last couple of games, we were going to score before half until DW4 just threw it to someone in the end zone. So he is coaching better. DW4 is making some bad decisions with his body and arm. Love the kid and he will lead us to the promised land and yes some of the young up and coming coaches would do even more with him, but I do think some people have so much hate (probably well deserved) it is hard to see that this is not all on BOB. Did some of you see us keeping two backs instead of TEs in to help protect? This may mean he thinks our new TEs suck at chipping, but not sure that was the solution either. Losing all hope on Julienne Potatoes

vs.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/...ow-patriots/HK5YxisywSjxpM8DKspAjM/story.html

but didn't he say we were going to be a gameplan offense, whose attack changes from week to week based on our opponent? Is he already giving up on that dream?

Reactions: JB

crazy-talk.gif

Interesting how much rope those three have been given. I used to believe stability was an important element crucial to developing a young team.

Not that I'm changing my mind, but I'm starting to see it takes a lot more

Stability only matters if there's improvements being made. If your team is still playing the same way 5 years in, you suck.

Gaine made decision to extend Bill. So there must be mutual respect and meetings of minds. I’m sure there is discussion daily over issues, brainstorming, player options outside organization as well inside.

I see a cognizant effort to put players more into their natural positions instead of forcing need and hurting results. They still need to tweak offensive line. Hope discussion is to move Manze into starting lineup @ Center and move Martin to LG share w/Kelemete and review results. Davenport is not an NFL LT. Not in pass pro. Rankin is far superior and Lamb has really battled hard against usually best pass rusher. Shore up inside and find your best fits.

Playcalling has to be mixed up more and show ability to keep defenses on their heels. More deep strikes for big plays to surmount red zone problems. When in the red zone O’Brian has to figure out a better running scheme. Would be a good idea to bring in offensive coordinator with emphasis on run game.

Again Gaine is on the hook with O’Brian to problem solve and add pieces when possible. We gotta hope this happens, for everyone’s sake. O’Briab is not going anywhere unless the team quits on him and I just don’t see it happening.

Gaine made decision to extend Bill. So there must be mutual respect and meetings of minds. I’m sure there is discussion daily over issues, brainstorming, player options outside organization as well inside.

I see a cognizant effort to put players more into their natural positions instead of forcing need and hurting results. They still need to tweak offensive line. Hope discussion is to move Manze into starting lineup @ Center and move Martin to LG share w/Kelemete and review results. Davenport is not an NFL LT. Not in pass pro. Rankin is far superior and Lamb has really battled hard against usually best pass rusher. Shore up inside and find your best fits.

Playcalling has to be mixed up more and show ability to keep defenses on their heels. More deep strikes for big plays to surmount red zone problems. When in the red zone O’Brian has to figure out a better running scheme. Would be a good idea to bring in offensive coordinator with emphasis on run game.

Again Gaine is on the hook with O’Brian to problem solve and add pieces when possible. We gotta hope this happens, for everyone’s sake. O’Briab is not going anywhere unless the team quits on him and I just don’t see it happening.

O'Brien was extended then Gaine was signed, not a Gaine decision but a McNair decision. Not to say Gaine was against it, just he wasn't in position to make the call at the time.

Gaine is on the hook with O’Brian to problem solve and add pieces when possible. We gotta hope this happens, for everyone’s sake. O’Briab is not going anywhere unless the team quits on him and I just don’t see it happening.

Especially not when Watson has placed all of his trust in him, even lobbying for him last year when there was slot of outside noise and O’Brien’s job seemed in jeopardy. I feel bad for Deshaun cause his loyalty to buttchin is what may ruin him. He trusts this inept coach to put him in a situation to succeed, but it’s clear that he’s holding Watson back, and making him regress. The team needs a REAL head coach, and an offensive coordinator. Enough with this bullsh1t!!

@TexansCap: Houston Texans total DVOA dropped down to 18th at -1.9% per @fboutsiders
Off ranked 27th
Def ranked 8th
ST ranked 4th

@TexansCap: Houston Texans total DVOA dropped down to 18th at -1.9% per @fboutsiders
Off ranked 27th
Def ranked 8th
ST ranked 4th

I had to rub my eyes and check the screen twice. What do ya know boys, our Special teams are all 'growed' up. Guess the brainiacs figured out that you just couldnt keep throwing out street free agents and wondering why the were abysmally bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back