2015 4-6 - 5-1
2016 4-6 - 5-1
2017 3-7 - 1-4
2018 0-2 - 0-1
TOTAL 16-26 - 15-9

Edit : 2017 was 1-5 in AFCS, not 1-4

upload_2018-9-25_8-16-44-png.3948

Once wasn't enough.

During the days that everyone had the pink soap out for Kubiak, there was still not the universal call for his firing among both fans and media that I see right now for O'Brien. I bet McNair eats that contract and boots him if we're below .300 at the end of the year.

During the days that everyone had the pink soap out for Kubiak, there was still not the universal call for his firing among both fans and media that I see right now for O'Brien. I bet McNair eats that contract and boots him if we're below .300 at the end of the year.

If the team is 1-8 or 0-9 at the end of Week 9.....O'Brien is done by the time he walks off the field.

I still seem to enjoy good football, well coached and disciplined teams. Sucks now that we aren't, but I follow those others and root for them as chances are higher I get paid off in rooting for them.

Chris Petersen when at Boise state. He had his guys ready for any situation, and they dont get near the hands on time with collegiates BOB has. We leave a gunner uncovered, SMH

I must be running a side team brothel. I'm following the Chiefs and Browns very closely along with keeping up with the 49'ers, Rams, Bears, Bills, Cards, Broncos, Vikings, Skins and Jets.

I've always liked to follow the Ravens, the toughness the Texans always lacked was overly abundant over there.. Ed Reed was one of my favorite players (which made it hurt so much more when he robbed the Texans of all that $$ )
It made it easier following them too when they seemingly picked up a bunch of ex-Texans players during a stretch i.e. Leach, Pollard, (and to a lesser extent, Jacoby lol)

The only reason it wasn't back then for Kubiak was b/c we didn't think we had a franchise qb in Schaub like we do now with Watson...Even when Schaub was at his best no one saw him in that way.

I follow everyone every year and pull for individual players..but not whole teams..cant do it. I've always been an Aaron Rodgers fan and root for him to do what he does. Would also like to see the Browns do well....The league needs the dog pound back.

Reactions: JB
I'm rooting for the Steelers, only because most of them are on my FF team. lol

Lol... My Texans, Falcons, and FF Team has one win between them. Entire season dead in September. I was looking forward to maybe seeing the Browns win their first game in Cleveland next month. Now I don't even have that.

On topic, O'Brien is toast. I'll never grasp delaying the inevitable. Nobody believes he'll be here next year so just get rid of him already.

When not watching the Texans, I'm a fan of great offenses. I always try to catch the Packers, Saints, Chiefs and now the Rams, Eagles and even the 49ers to see what Shanahan is doing.

I even watch the Patriots' offense just to see if the Texans are doing anything similar on offense. After four years, I'm still trying to find some similarities because that's why O'Brien was hired.

While watching these offenses, the Texans' fan in me comes out and I'm yelling why can't the Texans run that play! Eventually, I get annoyed and play Madden.

Last edited:
I check the Broncos postgame when I remember just to see how Keenum's doing. Other than that I sunk everything into rooting for the Texans*, thanks for that O'Brien.

Eventually, I get annoyed and play Madden.

*I even made my Madden Ultimate Team full Texans, which is going to be worthless in a month.

this is how I see the coaches meeting before the off season started went

OB " Hey guys I have a great idea, it is really going to trick the league, they'll never be expecting it. Our offense will be Legen wait for it to to epicness Dary"

Ryan "What is it Bill? Are we going to add something to our playbook that took the league by storm?"

Welker "Yea Bill what? More bunch sets, or presnap movements?"

Devlin *in the back trying to eat glue secretively

OB "No, No, No. We are throwing our playbook from last year with Deshuan out. The NFL has seen it there is no way it will work"

Ryan "So what are we doing?"

OB "You know my old trusty playbook"

Ryan "The one that has never worked here, ever?"

OB "Yea that's the one"

Welker "Geeze Bill I dont think that's the best idea"

Ryan "I should've left to be an OC somewhere"

OB "Trust me guys they will never expect it it will work this time, right Mike?"

Devlin *in the back sniffing a marker "Uh which ones are we the X's or the O's?"

OB" Jesus, Mike"

Ryan "Why is he still here?"

OB "We get a tax break for employing him"

this is how I see the coaches meeting before the off season started went

OB " Hey guys I have a great idea, it is really going to trick the league, they'll never be expecting it. Our offense will be Legen wait for it to to epicness Dary"

Ryan "What is it Bill? Are we going to add something to our playbook that took the league by storm?"

Welker "Yea Bill what? More bunch sets, or presnap movements?"

Devlin *in the back trying to eat glue secretively

OB "No, No, No. We are throwing our playbook from last year with Deshuan out. The NFL has seen it there is no way it will work"

Ryan "So what are we doing?"

OB "You know my old trusty playbook"

Ryan "The one that has never worked here, ever?"

OB "Yea that's the one"

Welker "Geeze Bill I dont think that's the best idea"

Ryan "I should've left to be an OC somewhere"

OB "Trust me guys they will never expect it it will work this time, right Mike?"

Devlin *in the back sniffing a marker "Uh which ones are we the X's or the O's?"

OB" Jesus, Mike"

Ryan "Why is he still here?"

OB "We get a tax break for employing him"
Freaking hilarious.

Yeah it's not looking promising but one way to look at it is that 15 teams have only one win more that Texans, including Patriots.

still so confusing to see the mismanagement of timeouts. The lack of presence to know down and distance tendency on both sides of the ball ... offensively throwing wr bubble screens (sigh still) at the most inopportune time of the game? Running the famous Buttchin Dive with less than a minute to go and no timeouts? Real crazy, bad coaching type stuff.

When not watching the Texans, I'm a fan of great offenses. I always try to catch the Packers, Saints, Chiefs and now the Rams, Eagles and even the 49ers to see what Shanahan is doing.

I even watch the Patriots' offense just to see if the Texans are doing anything similar on offense. After four years, I'm still trying to find some similarities because that's why O'Brien was hired.

While watching these offenses, the Texans' fan in me comes out and I'm yelling why can't the Texans run that play! Eventually, I get annoyed and play Madden.

I watch pretty much every Patriots game, and I can tell you that there really aren't any.

still so confusing to see the mismanagement of timeouts. The lack of presence to know down and distance tendency on both sides of the ball ... offensively throwing wr bubble screens (sigh still) at the most inopportune time of the game? Running the famous Buttchin Dive with less than a minute to go and no timeouts? Real crazy, bad coaching type stuff.

Surprisingly I have 0 issues with how OB used his time outs yesterday. I remember the announcers questioning why he wasn't calling a TO after Clowney got that sack in OT, but you either take it there or take it after the 3rd down play either way that time was coming off the clock

Surprisingly I have 0 issues with how OB used his time outs yesterday. I remember the announcers questioning why he wasn't calling a TO after Clowney got that sack in OT, but you either take it there or take it after the 3rd down play either way that time was coming off the clock

specifically the 2nd timeout of the 2nd half ... defense was already gassed, up against the goal line. A score is almost inevitable. Buttchin calls a timeout. Ummm why? Are an additional 45 seconds going to magically breathe life into a defense that has had to be on the field for an extended time? Just seemed like a wasted timeout, if you want to give your defense a breather do it at midfield or before the red zone, dont do it pinned inside the 5 unless you have fresh reserves ready to go. If you have that timeout you can probably call another play to gain 5-7 yards and make the game winning attempt in regulation for Fairbairn more manageable. The timeout you mentioned Buttchin lets 30 seconds run off the clock before the lightbulb went off. Situational awareness is **** with Obrien always has been, always will be you cant teach or learn that type of stuff.

specifically the 2nd timeout of the 2nd half ... defense was already gassed, up against the goal line. A score is almost inevitable. Buttchin calls a timeout. Ummm why? Are an additional 45 seconds going to magically breathe life into a defense that has had to be on the field for an extended time? Just seemed like a wasted timeout, if you want to give your defense a breather do it at midfield or before the red zone, dont do it pinned inside the 5 unless you have fresh reserves ready to go. If you have that timeout you can probably call another play to gain 5-7 yards and make the game winning attempt in regulation for Fairbairn more manageable. The timeout you mentioned Buttchin lets 30 seconds run off the clock before the lightbulb went off. Situational awareness is **** with Obrien always has been, always will be you cant teach or learn that type of stuff.

You don't know the situation for why he called that TO & this is the fail of us as fans. The Colts threw a TD on us from inside the 5 b/c the personnel out there didn't know what the hell was going on. Could've very well called that TO for the same reason. Regardless, you don't surrender a TD just b/c you're gassed as you say.

He probably called it because RAC probably called for it. If you stop them there and hold them to a field goal its an 8 pt game. Again I don't have an issue with the TO, it didn't work out because a player forgot to cover the tight end split out wide. The last TO in OT he didn't let 30 seconds run off before calling it, he called it as soon as we got the stop on 3rd down instead of calling it after 2nd down. Either the clock was going to bleed between 3rd and 4th down or 2nd and 3rd down. At least with him waiting it gave the colts less time had they been able to convert.

You don't know the situation for why he called that TO & this is the fail of us as fans. The Colts threw a TD on us from inside the 5 b/c the personnel out there didn't know what the hell was going on. Could've very well called that TO for the same reason. Regardless, you don't surrender a TD just b/c you're gassed as you say.

So you're saying that the personnel grouping was wrong AFTER giving up the entire length of the field, and so by calling that timeout they could get the right guys out there? LOL cmon man. Momentum was gone, that TD was not being prevented.

So you're saying that the personnel grouping was wrong AFTER giving up the entire length of the field, and so by calling that timeout they could get the right guys out there? LOL cmon man. Momentum was gone, that TD was not being prevented.

I don't know could've been..you do know the personnel grouping changes to goal line inside the 5 right? Regardless, You still don't concede a TD or any other score b/c of "momentum" or any other reason. I guess b/c Fairbarn's FG to end the game was a chip shot the Colts should've just gave up right? Afterall they lost the momentum when Reich's 4th down call failed.

You mean the timeout they called right before they decided not to cover Ebron coming out of the timeout? I get using timeouts when the personnel is not what you want, but coming out of the TO and you still don't know what's going on?

You mean the timeout they called right before they decided not to cover Ebron coming out of the timeout? I get using timeouts when the personnel is not what you want, but coming out of the TO and you still don't know what's going on?

I wonder what player made that huge ass mistake. Cunningham and HB were the 2 that sprinted out to him, so chances are it was one of them

I wonder what player made that huge ass mistake. Cunningham and HB were the 2 that sprinted out to him, so chances are it was one of them

Secondary guys 95% of the time know who they’re covering b/c it’s all they do. LB’s, whether they’re in coverage or not depends on many different things . Ebron’s a TE so I’m thinking Cunningham was the 1 at fault there.

At the end of the game, O’Brien wasted a timeout during the two point conversion hoopla. He chose to run a draw with Alfred Blue despite having success throwing the ball, one of the best receivers in football, and :45 seconds to play with. The clock kept flowing like a faucet after Blue’s failed run. The Texans scurried. Watson found DeAndre Hopkins for 30 yards. A 59 yard field goal attempt didn’t stand a chance. That timeout and precious seconds wasted by a Blue run sure would have been helpful there. It was the same poor decision making as last week when O’Brien wasted a timeout on a terrible challenge and ran out of time at the end of the half, forcing Houston to settle for three points. In overtime, O’Brien once again called a silly screen pass to try and get easy yards for an easier field goal rather than attack the defense.

Houston is 1-3, and they are lucky to be 1-3. It was inexcusable for this game to be this dumb and come down to this. For a 4th and 6 call to create a win after being up 28-10 against a below average team is insane. The decisions made for this to happen were abhorrent. Most of this will be forgotten. This is what happens when you win games. This is what happened from 2014 to 2016.

https://www.battleredblog.com/incom...21730/incompletions-texans-colts-thanks-frank

At the end of the game, O’Brien wasted a timeout during the two point conversion hoopla. He chose to run a draw with Alfred Blue despite having success throwing the ball, one of the best receivers in football, and :45 seconds to play with. The clock kept flowing like a faucet after Blue’s failed run. The Texans scurried. Watson found DeAndre Hopkins for 30 yards. A 59 yard field goal attempt didn’t stand a chance. That timeout and precious seconds wasted by a Blue run sure would have been helpful there. It was the same poor decision making as last week when O’Brien wasted a timeout on a terrible challenge and ran out of time at the end of the half, forcing Houston to settle for three points. In overtime, O’Brien once again called a silly screen pass to try and get easy yards for an easier field goal rather than attack the defense.

Houston is 1-3, and they are lucky to be 1-3. It was inexcusable for this game to be this dumb and come down to this. For a 4th and 6 call to create a win after being up 28-10 against a below average team is insane. The decisions made for this to happen were abhorrent. Most of this will be forgotten. This is what happens when you win games. This is what happened from 2014 to 2016.

https://www.battleredblog.com/incom...21730/incompletions-texans-colts-thanks-frank

Lol, the fault your making here is you're assuming that all these "right" coaching moves calls = a win & its hindsight at its finest. The Watson play happened by chance, that **** wasn't drawn up & it just as easily could've ended right at the LOS with a sack on Watson. A big part of how these games are played and won is what players/teams do to improvise and make **** happen when things go awry. Stop trying to play these games in a vacuum. No coach is going to make the perfect calls, no player is going to execute every play to 100% efficiency EVER.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back